• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lacku

He/Him
Miguel probably doesn't have anything against Strange like he does MCU Peter, and if anything Strange would probably side with Miguel against Miles. Despite all this I wanna make them fight anyways.

(Strange is in his Post-Blip key, only 8-C+ spells, Speed Equalised, Fight takes place outside the Sanctum Sanctorum)

It's a canon event:
be0d5f30f0d241d0ee204d49c9238cf12799c15e.gif

It's their fate:
doctor-strange-benedict-cumberbatch.gif

Nah Imma do my own thing/I have to try:

Miguel has previous knowledge on Strange, which does help a bit. However, its a question of if he can deal with Strange's hax

Gonna go with strange here. Miguel probably dominates in cqc especially with his LS compared to Strange's physical LS, Strange is simply too versatile and covers too much ground from a distance. Miguel can probably hold his own from a medium distance with his energy webs but again, Strange just has too many ways to mess with him with hax.

This is a stomp in Strange's favor lol. There are WAY too many different abilities that would instantly give him the win.

He could punch out his soul. He could send him to the mirror dimension. He could make him punch himself forever. Levitate and fly away from all close range attacks. CLASS T LS with his powers. 2-A BFR.

He even has better martial arts because Miguel lacks feats and was struggling against someone as inexperienced as miles.

So nah, I'm not seeing the wincon for Miguel here lol.

He even has better martial arts because Miguel lacks feats and was struggling against someone as inexperienced as miles.
Miles only having been Spider-Man for over a year does not mean he's unskilled (on the contrary, he's shown some impressive close-quarter skill feats already)

Miguel gets out of his BFR with his watch

He still gets shitcanned otherwise tho
Oh right somehow forgot about the watch lol.

Either way he still gets destroyed yeah. There's nothing he can really do here.
Miles only having been Spider-Man for over a year does not mean he's unskilled (on the contrary, he's shown some impressive close-quarter skill feats already)
Strange fought Mordo, another martial artist, while handcuffed which is a level of skill beyond anything Miguel or Miles has shown. His skill in CQC is way beyond either of there's, especially when you consider the others he's fought in close quarters.

Miles hasn't shown much of any good martial arts feats, unlike Strange. He's shown good agility and uses his spider-powers creatively in close range, but when it comes to martial arts, it's just okay.

Regardless, its not like Strange would ever go for h2h outside of situations in which he's depowered also he'd get obliterated by the sheer AP difference

Regardless, its not like Strange would ever go for h2h outside of situations in which he's depowered also he'd get obliterated by the sheer AP difference
Strange would still go to h2h if Miguel manages to get in close somehow (Which he wouldn't because almost any ability Strange uses here would stomp the **** outta the guy), in which case, he would only need a single punch (Astral Projection is an instant victory).

Strange fought Mordo, another martial artist, while handcuffed which is a level of skill beyond anything Miguel or Miles has shown. His skill in CQC is way beyond either of there's, especially when you consider the others he's fought in close quarters.

Miles hasn't shown much of any good martial arts feats, unlike Strange. He's shown good agility and uses his spider-powers creatively in close range, but when it comes to martial arts, it's just okay.
I'm not sure I'd say Strange possesses martial arts beyond Miguel, and to say Miles has nothing impressive in CQC isn't true either. Miles can pretty casually avoid and catch several fast-paced, unpredictable melee attacks coming out of several portals to attack him, which I guarantee you isn't something you'd see Strange or Mordo easily counter

Additionally, CQC is a really bad idea for Strange. That's a good way for him to dish out less damage than he has at his disposal, as well as get restrained hard

I do think Strange wins, I just don't think he'd be taking the CQC advantage

Also we only ever actually see Miles and Miguel trade hits once and that's when he's pinning him on a car so its not a good measure of skill. Everything otherwise was a chase

I'm not sure I'd say Strange possesses martial arts beyond Miguel, and to say Miles has nothing impressive in CQC isn't true either. Miles can pretty casually avoid and catch several fast-paced, unpredictable melee attacks coming out of several portals to attack him, which I guarantee you isn't something you'd see Strange or Mordo easily counter

Additionally, CQC is a really bad idea for Strange. That's a good way for him to dish out less damage than he has at his disposal, as well as get restrained hard

I do think Strange wins, I just don't think he'd be taking the CQC advantage
The Spot isn't a martial artist and Miles' avoided those via Spider-Sense, minimal martial arts required there. He has good agility, and he has good use of his Spider-powers, as I've said already.

If you don't think Strange possesses the CQC advantage, then you would need to bring up some better feats for Miguel. Strange fighting another martial artist with cuffs on is simply a better feat than anything Miguel has shown.

Also, he would with a CQC fight not even via martial arts, but because Astral Projection gives him an instantaneous victory, as I've said.

The Spot isn't a martial artist and Miles' avoided those via Spider-Sense, minimal martial arts required there. He has good agility, and he has good use of his Spider-powers, as I've said already.
What does that matter? Its several fast-paced, unpredictable portal attacks, not boxing

What does that matter? Its several fast-paced, unpredictable portal attacks
Because the Spot has no ******* idea what he's doing. Making it easy for Miles to avoid them via Spider-Senses alone.

Once the Spot actually does gain some skill in the movie, we clearly see that Miles has pretty much no chance of avoiding his attacks even with his Spider-Sense.

Anyway, this argument is kinda pointless. Strange stomps CQC or not.

Yes, The Spot isn't a martial artist, and yes the Spider-Sense played a part in this. But with how the attacks were structured, its not as if anyone would have a solid chance of dodging and blocking those. Furthermore, Spider-Man has to act on his Spider-Sense. It isn't an easy button

Once the Spot actually does gain some skill in the movie, we clearly see that Miles has pretty much no chance of avoiding his attacks even with his Spider-Sense.
That has to do with his powers and far less with any CQC skills
Anyway, this argument is kinda pointless. Strange stomps CQC or not.
I have to disagree strongly. Strange going up against Miguel in CQC is still a terrible idea. Given Miguel upscales Miles, who scales to Peter, who performed his High 8-C feat casually while exhausted, Strange's blows would be pretty ineffective. Furthermore, he'd get restrained quickly if he tried this approach

Yes, The Spot isn't a martial artist, and yes the Spider-Sense played a part in this. But with how the attacks were structured, its not as if anyone would have a solid chance of dodging and blocking those. Furthermore, Spider-Man has to act on his Spider-Sense. It isn't an easy button

That has to do with his powers and far less with any CQC skills

I have to disagree strongly. Strange going up against Miguel in CQC is still a terrible idea. Given Miguel upscales Miles, who scales to Peter, who performed his High 8-C feat casually while exhausted, Strange's blows would be pretty ineffective. Furthermore, he'd get restrained quickly if he tried this approach
Are you simply going to ignore me saying that astral projection is what gives Strange the win in CQC? An instant Win-con.

I'd say strange going for cqc is a bad idea but really he still could use almost all of his spells even in that state so I'd bet that strange takes this.

Are you simply going to ignore me saying that astral projection is what gives Strange the win in CQC? An instant Win-con.
No. That is in fact an effective move. Its just highly unlikely Strange is going to hit somebody as agile as Miguel up-close

I also just doubt Strange is gonna go for this method. Again, I think he wins. He's just not gonna go for CQC here

No. That is in fact an effective move. Its just highly unlikely Strange is going to hit somebody as agile as Miguel up-close
Again, you have yet to provide any reason Miguel would be skilled enough to avoid Strange's attacks. One has good martial arts feats and the other doesn't.

Again, I think he wins.
It's a stomp unless you seriously think Miguel is getting close to him lol (and then not being astral projected)

Strange has way too many things to prevent Miguel ever getting a chance to punch or restrain him though.

They also don't start next to each other going by SBA. It'd be a few kilometers.

Arguably his cloak would strangle Miguel on the spot if that's the case.
Thats not a CQC skill-based thing
Again, you have yet to provide any reason Miguel would be skilled enough to avoid Strange's attacks. One has good martial arts feats and the other doesn't.
Miguel's incredibly agile, far more than Strange. I doubt Miguel would become a deer in headlights if the two were up close and Strange threw a punch. Plus, characters Miguel is comparable in experience/skill to, such as both Peters, have displayed they can hold their own in CQC

I'm not even necessarily arguing one is more skilled than the other. I just think the idea that Miguel can't at all avoid or counter a physical attack from Doctor Strange in close-quarters is a huge underestimation of O'Hara's capabilities

It's a stomp unless you seriously think Miguel is getting close to him lol (and then not being astral projected)

Strange has way too many things to prevent Miguel ever getting a chance to punch or restrain him though.

They also don't start next to each other going by SBA. It'd be a few kilometers.
I never claimed Miguel was gonna get close.....? I keep saying, I legitimately think Strange wins via him having a ton of spells that Miguel won't be able to counter (aside from BFR)

Miguel's incredibly agile, far more than Strange. I doubt Miguel would become a deer in headlights if the two were up close and Strange threw a punch. Plus, characters Miguel is comparable in experience/skill to, such as both Peters, have displayed they can hold their own in CQC

I'm not even necessarily arguing one is more skilled than the other. I just think the idea that Miguel can't at all avoid or counter a physical attack from Doctor Strange in close-quarters is a huge underestimation of O'Hara's capabilities
I can agree with Miguel being agile but Strange has dealt with MCU Peter before. And while yeah, he got out skilled in the end, that was really only because of a bit of PIS and Strange blatantly holding back.

Yes, this wasn't purely CQC in the slightest, but goes to show Strange can handle agile opponents.

I never claimed Miguel was gonna get close.....? I keep saying, I legitimately think Strange wins via him having a ton of spells that Miguel won't be able to counter (aside from BFR)
I'm asking, do you think this is a legitimate win or a stomp?

Because I don't see any reason it wouldn't be a stomp. Miguel has a 0% chance of getting his victory condition. He has to get into close range with a Strange who has experience against Peter Parker, and then STILL avoid getting insta killed, incapped, or just sent away by some other hax in CQC.

I can agree with Miguel being agile but Strange has dealt with MCU Peter before. And while yeah, he got out skilled in the end, that was really only because of a bit of PIS and Strange blatantly holding back.
Ehhhh, it was more so Strange holding back mixed with Peter's use of geometry to outsmart him. It would more-so be PIS if Strange was going all out

I'm asking, do you think this is a legitimate win or a stomp?
Oh its a stomp for sure lol

Doctor Strange was struggling against Spiderman because he was holding back right? He should be able to beat any Spidey with ease.

Tbf Strange is definitely skilled but he got tagged and bloodied by the Lizard in NWH so they're more even than you think

So were certain this isn't a legitimate win even if Strange is in character? He's fought quite a few tier 8 characters and struggled like when he was against Gargantos and Lizard. An agile, more powerful and skilled fighter like Miguel could give him a lot of trouble, not saying he'd get beat but it's not a complete stomp.

Imagine your only real disadvantage being CQC, but even with that, you only need to hit your opponent once while they need multiple hits to take you down.

Back