• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lacku

He/Him
Doctor Fate attempts to migrate cinematic universes to the MCU after Black Adam destroyed his, but first, he has to get through the (former) resident Sorcerer Supreme.

(Strange is in his Post-Blip key and Fate is in his Prime, Speed Equalized)

Doctor Strange: Artorimachi_Meteoraft, Excel616, 212JayJay212
AnxiousEmptyAfricanaugurbuzzard-max-1mb.gif

Doctor Fate: AnonymousBlank, Dalesean027, Lynieryz, Marvel_Future_Fight_Gamer
3caec998079840e5dc259210a9c731903b4ae9f9.gif

James Gunn recasts Doctor Fate before he can finish the fight:
Popted2

Last edited:
Sabbac is Kent’s only all out fight. He yeets the construct to pin and immediately spawns clones which spam attacks from every direction and also go for restraining hands at range, and then we have precog on top of that.

Imma have to vote for Fate since shields don’t stop the pin (it moves through the target to surround them), even the barest hint of precog will let him know that Strange uses his hands for everything not flight so he will restrain at range, and attacks from every direction will one shot.

I think strange wins due to better hax although
Sabbac is Kent’s only all out fight. He yeets the construct to pin and immediately spawns clones which spam attacks from every direction and also go for restraining hands at range, and then we have precog on top of that.

Imma have to vote for Fate since shields don’t stop the pin (it moves through the target to surround them), even the barest hint of precog will let him know that Strange uses his hands for everything not flight so he will restrain at range, and attacks from every direction will one shot.
It's cool how this match-up can go either way, both your votes have been counted.

Fate dupes from the get go and spams attacks from every direction? The pin is only when he initiates the fight with a sneak attack so that thing is a free move for him. Against Sabbac, he automatically makes copies to jump his target from range and melee. That and teleporting/precog to know what it is and get outta dodge.

Also isn’t Strange trying to not fight Wanda when he sends her there? Like he doesn’t want the smoke at all and is trying to dip with America to get away from Wanda. Same thing with Spidey. He spams portals to cage him in long before going for MD and that’s cuz his soul rip failed because of Spidey Sense. Everything else Strange fights in MoM is flying, magic blades, transmuting the surroundings, magic music, fire etc. Every time Strange pops the MD in fights is because he is trying to move it elsewhere (Strange 1), is following a script (vs Thanos), doesn’t want to fight his opp (Wanda before he learns she just doesn’t care and Spidey).

The pin is only when he initiates the fight with a sneak attack so that thing is a free move for him.
Well one this won't work against strange as he could literally remove that via power nullification same way he did Wanda's binds on chavez

Strange doesn't know his opponent he usually fires up his shields defensively but if he's in a stand-off situation or feels threatened in this key he summons serpent heads offensively
I disagree with this that's not even his post blip self and the only times we see him fight opponents ge doesn't know post blip is gargantos and any of the guys crossing over in No Way Home and there he immediately bfrs them and against gargantos when he actually first starts fighting after getting off guarded due to chavez we see he attacks with his conjured weaponry then goes for magically restraining them

Mirror dimension is still extremely valid here as well and the argument he knows peter and wanda so used the mirror dimension kinda doesn't make sense as strange would still use it to get an advantage over an opponent if he could he has two big fights post blip that's his peter and wanda fight and both of them had him try bfr to the mirror dimension granted with peter he went in after him because he's not trying to strand or kill the kid and also needed to retrieve the box

Also doctor fate has yet to show using his precog in combat to get an edge so unless you send a clip of him doing so mid combat I'm afraid that doesn't work for this

Another thing on the lines of bfr strange also tried sealing Wanda later which is somewhat along the lines of what he does regularly as well against strong attacks, it's literally why he has attack reflections as he reflected Wanda's attacks with the mirror dimension, but could also seal stuff like the spell that would've ripped a whole through the multiverse, and he also tried sealing Wanda twice in MoM so that also be entirely valid.

You can kiss any mind manip away as well as strange had many layers of resistance so I doubt fate could get the jump on him there

Anywho I'll say strange either goes for bfr or magic restrains right away and if those don't work he'd take up a defensive position and try maneuvering away from attacks with his cloak trying the snakes or other magic attacks he showcased and if the fight proves to be too overwhelming he'd go for sealing

Well one this won't work against strange as he could literally remove that via power nullification same way he did Wanda's binds on chavez
Yeah, I’m saying Fate doesn’t use it unless he starts the fight with a free hit.
Mirror dimension is still extremely valid here as well and the argument he knows peter and wanda so used the mirror dimension kinda doesn't make sense as strange would still use it to get an advantage over an opponent if he could he has two big fights post blip that's his peter and wanda fight and both of them had him try bfr to the mirror dimension granted with peter he went in after him because he's not trying to strand or kill the kid and also needed to retrieve the box
MD definitely isn’t a valid argument here. He only uses it on Peter after his Sling Ring portals and soul rip combo fail. Against Wanda he does his absolute best to not fight her at all because of prior info. The tentacle monster fight is his only showing against something he doesn’t have info on.
Also doctor fate has yet to show using his precog in combat to get an edge so unless you send a clip of him doing so mid combat I'm afraid that doesn't work for this

Another thing on the lines of bfr strange also tried sealing Wanda later which is somewhat along the lines of what he does regularly as well against strong attacks, it's literally why he has attack reflections as he reflected Wanda's attacks with the mirror dimension, but could also seal stuff like the spell that would've ripped a whole through the multiverse, and he also tried sealing Wanda twice in MoM so that also be entirely valid.

You can kiss any mind manip away as well as strange had many layers of resistance so I doubt fate could get the jump on him there
Fate doesn’t mind manip, just mind read which is a different game as shown with Wanda still being able to see inside the minds of the sorcerers to find one she could manipulate and they specifically had to strengthen their minds against her meaning the resistance isn’t a passive thing.
Anywho I'll say strange either goes for bfr or magic restrains right away and if those don't work he'd take up a defensive position and try maneuvering away from attacks with his cloak trying the snakes or other magic attacks he showcased and if the fight proves to be too overwhelming he'd go for sealing
Like I pointed out above, Strange going for BFR in this key is out of character when he is actually trying to fight and put down his opponent. Magic restraints get shut down by Fate’s teleporting and don’t exactly work against dozens of Fate clones.

Yeah, I’m saying Fate doesn’t use it unless he starts the fight with a free hit.
Ah okay I misunderstood
Fate doesn’t mind manip, just mind read which is a different game as shown with Wanda still being able to see inside the minds of the sorcerers to find one she could manipulate and they specifically had to strengthen their minds against her meaning the resistance isn’t a passive thing.
Yeah but they could still feel that she was looking into their minds to even fortify it to begin with so strange wouldn't be 100 percent unaware of this at all

Also my point still stands that he doesn't use precog in combat or hasn't shown it to give an example of it being combat applicable

Magic restraints get shut down by Fate’s teleporting and don’t exactly work against dozens of Fate clones.
Yeah but he only used the clones after getting sabbac pinned down and even then I'd say strange is no fool since we haven't seen him exactly fight dozens of enemies at once in phase 4 so we couldn't specifically say what he'd do but strange certainly wouldn't sit and let himself be overwhelmed by dozens of enemies and not use his duplicates himself imo

Ah okay I misunderstood
Yeah but they could still feel that she was looking into their minds to even fortify it to begin with so strange wouldn't be 100 percent unaware of this at all

Also my point still stands that he doesn't use precog in combat or hasn't shown it to give an example of it being combat applicable

Yeah but he only used the clones after getting sabbac pinned down and even then I'd say strange is no fool since we haven't seen him exactly fight dozens of enemies at once in phase 4 so we couldn't specifically say what he'd do but strange certainly wouldn't sit and let himself be overwhelmed by dozens of enemies and not use his duplicates himself imo
you still voting for strange?

Ah okay I misunderstood
It’s all good lol
Did they? Nobody had a clue until Strange told them what she was doing and Wong began yelling it to everyone.
Eh, doesn’t really matter. Fate basically has a whole cake here anyway and that’s just a cherry on top.
Yeah but he only used the clones after getting sabbac pinned down
He spams clones against both Adam and Sabbac and considering that Carter learnt how to use clones from Kent, it’s very clearly his go too move above the rest of his stuff.
and even then I'd say strange is no fool since we haven't seen him exactly fight dozens of enemies at once in phase 4 so we couldn't specifically say what he'd do but strange certainly wouldn't sit and let himself be overwhelmed by dozens of enemies and not use his duplicates himself imo
Strange only ever used clones when following a script against Thanos and just doesn’t when up against Thanos’ army or Wanda (who he has info on and knows she is stronger than him). Even when he is caught by the tentacle monster, he didn’t even bother.

This was meant to be posted last night but I forgot to hit send 😭

Nobody had a clue until Strange told them what she was doing and Wong began yelling it to everyone.
Yeah but its still strange who calls it out :V

Eh, doesn’t really matter. Fate basically has a whole cake here anyway and that’s just a cherry on top.
I suppose so lol

He spams clones against both Adam and Sabbac and considering that Carter learnt how to use clones from Kent, it’s very clearly his go too move above the rest of his stuff.
Thats sounds reasonable then
Strange only ever used clones when following a script against Thanos and just doesn’t when up against Thanos’ army or Wanda (who he has info on and knows she is stronger than him). Even when he is caught by the tentacle monster, he didn’t even bother.
Okay now wait a second in endgame strange was on water duty for most of that fight preventing the area from being flooded and against Wanda that makes sense since she's so overwhelmingly powerful and she alone could bypass thanos's LS when way weakert than her current self it'd be no point in trying to fight her directly the same way he did thanos
This was meant to be posted last night but I forgot to hit send 😭
It happens bruh we've all been there lol its all good

Okay now wait a second in endgame strange was on water duty for most of that fight preventing the area from being flooded
Hmmm 🤨🤔🧐 That sounds like the perfect time to use clones ngl 😭😭😭
and against Wanda that makes sense since she's so overwhelmingly powerful and she alone could bypass thanos's LS when way weakert than her current self it'd be no point in truing to fight her directly the same way he did thanos
Spam clones to distract her 🤷‍♂️ Strange just doesn’t know how to use his powers right 🤓

MD definitely isn’t a valid argument here. He only uses it on Peter after his Sling Ring portals and soul rip combo fail. Against Wanda he does his absolute best to not fight her at all because of prior info. The tentacle monster fight is his only showing against something he doesn’t have info on.

Like I pointed out above, Strange going for BFR in this key is out of character when he is actually trying to fight and put down his opponent. Magic restraints get shut down by Fate’s teleporting and don’t exactly work against dozens of Fate clones.
For the endgame thing, Strange was playing out a very specific scenario in order to have the others win against Thanos, which is why he didn't use them then.

For Wanda, not sure why he didn't but considering he's far above Fate in power with Magic (Country vs Large Island) he should have no problem overpowering him, or just restrain his clones with his own (Class T vs Class M). And he has more in his kit to use.

He can nullify and reflect Fate's attacks like he did with Sinister Strange or transmute it like with Thanos.

Teleportation is something Strange can do too so that isn't too big a factor.

He can nullify Fate's Invisibility like with Gargantos.

Move Fate's body around like he did with that guy who kept punching himself, as he has no resistance to that either in his profile.

Saying he won't use the MD seems dumb considering he used it before against guys like Thanos, Spider-Man and Wanda in battle.

Thanos overpowered it and Wanda used it to get out. Peter got lucky cause Strange didn't restrain him before leaving. I don't see anything on Fate's profile that says he can do what the other two did. And Strange certainly won't treat him like he did with Peter. Or just try and absorb his power which Fate doesn't resist either.

And finally, the Fate's Helmet is just as an obvious weak spot as Strange's hands, as the latter would have no trouble sensing the vast power in it and try to take it as he can see that's the source.

Last edited:
For the endgame thing, Strange was playing out a very specific scenario in order to have the others win against Thanos, which is why he didn't use them then.

For Wanda, not sure why he didn't but considering he's far above Fate in power with Magic (Country vs Large Island) he should have no problem overpowering him, or just restrain his clones with his own (Class T vs Class M). And he has more in his kit to use.
Did you miss the part where Strange only ever used clones when he was following a script? He has never once used them in a fight outside of that.
He can nullify and reflect Fate's attacks like he did with Sinister Strange or transmute it like with Thanos.
He can do that to stuff in one direction, Fate’s wincon is spamming blasts at Strange from all directions.
Teleportation is something Strange can do too so that isn't too big a factor.
Fate’s teleporting has no visual cue/action to use it, he just disappears.
He can nullify Fate's Invisibility like with Gargantos.
Invisibility doesn’t matter for Fate’s wincon
Move Fate's body around like he did with that guy who kept punching himself, as he has no resistance to that either in his profile.
There is going to be dozens of Fates from the very start. The odds of him getting the right one and being able to beat him before the rest dogpiled Strange is so low it’s nonexistent. Fate’s stats are all comparable so getting hit a few times won’t do anything to him.
Saying he won't use the MD seems dumb considering he used it before against guys like Thanos, Spider-Man and Wanda in battle.

Thanos overpowered it and Wanda used it to get out. Peter got lucky cause Strange didn't restrain him before leaving. I don't see anything on Fate's profile that says he can do what the other two did. And Strange certainly won't treat him like he did with Peter. Or just try and absorb his power which Fate doesn't resist either.
You said it yourself, he was following a script against Thanos so that doesn’t matter. He is specifically trying to not harm Spidey and went for a bunch of other methods to pin Spidey first so MD isn’t a go to. Against Wanda, he has info on her and is specifically trying to not fight her, he wasn’t even expecting it to hold her for long at all given he was still rushing after he sent her there. The entire Kamar-Taj sequence was him running away from and not fighting Wanda until he couldn’t anymore.

The one fight Strange has against an opponent he doesn’t have info on in this key is the tentacle monster where he didn’t use any of the extra stuff you brought up. In his previous keys, he only ever opened it up to bring Kaecilius and co there and ran in as well. BFR doesn’t work when you follow your opponent. Strange can’t even pop a portal to leave by himself as Fate can just teleport through anyway.
And finally, the Fate's Helmet is just as an obvious weak spot as Strange's hands, as the latter would have no trouble sensing the vast power in it and try to take it as he can see that's the source.
The helmet really isn’t. Strange blatantly needs his hands to do everything to the point that if they are restrained, he is rendered useless. Nabu on the other hand isn’t a weak spot at all since Kent can literally take it off and still have Fate’s power as seen with his Sabbac fight. Even non-users of the helmet can use the magic by touching the helmet so there is no weak spot to be had since even if it gets removed, Kent can still use his magic teleport to it and take it back.

Did you miss the part where Strange only ever used clones when he was following a script? He has never once used them in a fight outside of that.

He can do that to stuff in one direction, Fate’s wincon is spamming blasts at Strange from all directions.

Fate’s teleporting has no visual cue/action to use it, he just disappears.

Invisibility doesn’t matter for Fate’s wincon

There is going to be dozens of Fates from the very start. The odds of him getting the right one and being able to beat him before the rest dogpiled Strange is so low it’s nonexistent. Fate’s stats are all comparable so getting hit a few times won’t do anything to him.

You said it yourself, he was following a script against Thanos so that doesn’t matter. He is specifically trying to not harm Spidey and went for a bunch of other methods to pin Spidey first so MD isn’t a go to. Against Wanda, he has info on her and is specifically trying to not fight her, he wasn’t even expecting it to hold her for long at all given he was still rushing after he sent her there. The entire Kamar-Taj sequence was him running away from and not fighting Wanda until he couldn’t anymore.

The one fight Strange has against an opponent he doesn’t have info on in this key is the tentacle monster where he didn’t use any of the extra stuff you brought up. In his previous keys, he only ever opened it up to bring Kaecilius and co there and ran in as well. BFR doesn’t work when you follow your opponent. Strange can’t even pop a portal to leave by himself as Fate can just teleport through anyway.

The helmet really isn’t. Strange blatantly needs his hands to do everything to the point that if they are restrained, he is rendered useless. Nabu on the other hand isn’t a weak spot at all since Kent can literally take it off and still have Fate’s power as seen with his Sabbac fight. Even non-users of the helmet can use the magic by touching the helmet so there is no weak spot to be had since even if it gets removed, Kent can still use his magic teleport to it and take it back.
I really don't see how him "following the script" means he won't use it against a threat he has no reason to hold back on. The clone thing is overrated considering Strange can do the same.

Strange sees this and he uses the clones too, simple as that. Speed is equalized so he can react to that just fine. Again, what stops him from doing this besides "he didn't use it in other films". That's like saying comic Strange couldn't use his other spells because he didn't show it in the issue. Simple answer is there is a lot he can do and the writers simply didn't let him use it for plot's sake or just thinking what they will have him do is enough.

Nor do I see why him using those times (Spider-Man and Wanda) proves he won't use it here. He uses it against Thanos so I don't really see why he wouldn't here.

Not to mention Strange only had his hands restricted when he was caught off guard or not paying attention cause he was distracted. Not likely in a fight like this.

I really don't see how him "following the script" means he won't use it against a threat he has no reason to hold back on. The clone thing is overrated considering Strange can do the same.
You understand that you are arguing against one of your own arguments, right? You yourself said that Strange didn’t use it in EG because he was following a script as a counter to me pointing out that he didn’t use clones where they would have been perfect. But when I use that argument, you now disagree with it. Ironic.

Strange fights numerous threats more powerful than him and never uses clones so why would you argue that he would? Fate’s clones on the other hand are a wincon because he always uses them and he has the AP to one shot Strange, something that will happen when he spams attacks from every direction which is his standard way of fighting.
Strange sees this and he uses the clones too, simple as that. Speed is equalized so he can react to that just fine. Again, what stops him from doing this besides "he didn't use it in other films". That's like saying comic Strange couldn't use his other spells because he didn't show it in the issue. Simple answer is there is a lot he can do and the writers simply didn't let him use it for plot's sake or just thinking what they will have him do is enough.
See, you keep arguing about Strange’s possible moves rather than his probable moves. That’s what in-character is for and why people ask what a character leads with as it gives them an idea of how shit will go down or who is more likely to land their wincon first. Strange never uses his clones (outside of a script that needed 14 million+ fights of prep time) while Fate always uses his.
Nor do I see why him using those times (Spider-Man and Wanda) proves he won't use it here.
Because you are being purposefully ignorant.

Strange’s starting move is an eldritch construct of some kind, Fate’s is spawning clones all around his target.

Fate’s second move is for a bunch of clones to dogpile his opponent, another bunch to spam energy blasts while another bunch restrains their hands.

Even if we say Strange immediately goes for clones once he sees Fate’s clones, he needs to use his hands to do it which will be restrained by Fate. Assuming he manages to create them before his hands get restrained, his clones get bombarded by magic blasts that are all >>> his physicals and they die.
He uses it against Thanos so I don't really see why he wouldn't here.
He spent 14 million fights trying out stuff against Thanos to see how far he gets. That means he keeps fighting until he catches an L and is forced to try a different method. Anyone who has ever played a which way book or something akin to VN knows that you progress down the same path and gradually work your way backward from the latest choice to see how the other options play out. Strange’s clones came after most of his entire arsenal.
Not to mention Strange only had his hands restricted when he was caught off guard or not paying attention cause he was distracted. Not likely in a fight like this.
1. Ebony Maw restricted his hands while Strange was focused on fighting him … don’t argue stuff when you clearly don’t know the material.
2. Fate’s restraints spawn on his target. It doesn’t matter whether Strange is off guard or not, it will spawn on his hands just like it did on Sabbac.

You understand that you are arguing against one of your own arguments, right? You yourself said that Strange didn’t use it in EG because he was following a script as a counter to me pointing out that he didn’t use clones where they would have been perfect. But when I use that argument, you now disagree with it. Ironic.

Strange fights numerous threats more powerful than him and never uses clones so why would you argue that he would? Fate’s clones on the other hand are a wincon because he always uses them and he has the AP to one shot Strange, something that will happen when he spams attacks from every direction which is his standard way of fighting.

See, you keep arguing about Strange’s possible moves rather than his probable moves. That’s what in-character is for and why people ask what a character leads with as it gives them an idea of how shit will go down or who is more likely to land their wincon first. Strange never uses his clones (outside of a script that needed 14 million+ fights of prep time) while Fate always uses his.

Because you are being purposefully ignorant.

Strange’s starting move is an eldritch construct of some kind, Fate’s is spawning clones all around his target.

Fate’s second move is for a bunch of clones to dogpile his opponent, another bunch to spam energy blasts while another bunch restrains their hands.

Even if we say Strange immediately goes for clones once he sees Fate’s clones, he needs to use his hands to do it which will be restrained by Fate. Assuming he manages to create them before his hands get restrained, his clones get bombarded by magic blasts that are all >>> his physicals and they die.

He spent 14 million fights trying out stuff against Thanos to see how far he gets. That means he keeps fighting until he catches an L and is forced to try a different method. Anyone who has ever played a which way book or something akin to VN knows that you progress down the same path and gradually work your way backward from the latest choice to see how the other options play out. Strange’s clones came after most of his entire arsenal.

1. Ebony Maw restricted his hands while Strange was focused on fighting him … don’t argue stuff when you clearly don’t know the material.
2. Fate’s restraints spawn on his target. It doesn’t matter whether Strange is off guard or not, it will spawn on his hands just like it did on Sabbac.
I don't know what you mean? He doesn't use them because the scenario needs to play out in an exact manner so he doesn't use them here. He doesn't have that issue there.

Again, just because he doesn't use them in some films doesn't mean he won't use them now. The one shot argument can be said for Strange since again, he's at least 6-B with Magic and Fate's High 6-C physically and with Magic.

No, because you seem to think he would he wouldn't use something that can perfectly counter him if he saw several magic clones attacking him. He's not dumb.

You know Strange is aware of his weakness right? He wouldn't just let his most vulnerable part of his body be restrained that easily.

Also Strange using the Mirror Dimension is also in character in all scenarios shown so it is perfectly viable for him to do this here also and can reflect attacks back at someone or just trap them.

Okay, why did you not tell me the restraints spawn automatically? Cause that would have saved me time writing this.

Also, yes I am aware of the fight with Maw. But considering he fights Thanos, who is Maw's superior and even stronger cause he has several Infinity Stones with him and he was doing better there, I would think he was better and improved there. Not to mention he lost cause he brought Maw up close to him, which he tries to avoid with Thanos. Thanos brings him close with the Stone.

So anyway, yeah. If that's the case, Fate can win this then. Though I'm not really voting though.

Last edited:
Back