• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann revision

Spinoff aren't accepted unless they are canonized in some way afaik. Lagann Hen is basically a recap with a notable difference in the fight against the Anti-Spiral.

That said, we really wouldn't need to do much except writing a note saying something like "Due to the fact that the STTGL appeared only in the movie, it doesn't have some techniques because they weren't exhibited by the SGGL during the movie".

Simon's profile wouldn't be affected that much because it covers only his movie appearance, this just means that he loses those two abilities.

And the Gurren Lagann would just have a "Lagann Hen" key with "at least Low 2-C" as its tier. I can't think of other notable differences honestly.

Okay. Thanks. Are you willing to handle the changes, and if so, which profiles do I need to temporarily unlock?

I can't, i don't have my computer atm. Also i want to wait for The Everlasting to reply here.

It is best if you place a request to respond here on his message wall however.

The rules from this article will be read, although I have found these two to be worthy of note.

• 3) Should said alternative versions originate within the main continuity, they would also be considered primary canon, and allowed, if notable enough.
  • 4) Franchises which contain non-canonical spin-offs/movies/videogames, etcetera, each with their own continuities and feats, yet not to the extent that Marvel and DC Comics do, should only be allowed profiles for notable original characters from said spin-offs, and not alternate versions of canonical characters, unless they are very prominent and notable.
Now I am uncertain whether the Gurren Lagaan movies are considered to be alternative canon to the main series, or if they are non-canon altogether, although if they are considered to be alternative canon, a composite profile can be made.

• The profiles for Simon the Digger and the Anti-Spiral are completely acceptable, based on Rule 4.
To post what Kaltias stated on this thread again:

Kaltias wrote
*That said, we really wouldn't need to do much except writing a note saying something like "Due to the fact that the STTGL appeared only in the movie, it doesn't have some techniques because they weren't exhibited by the SGGL during the movie".
  • Simon's profile wouldn't be affected that much because it covers only his movie appearance, this just means that he loses those two abilities.
  • And the Gurren Lagann would just have a "Lagann Hen" key with "at least Low 2-C" as its tier. I can't think of other notable differences honestly.

Seems to make sense.

@DaFritzi: I will address your concerns on your matter later, although it seems that from the images you posted, it looks like a cracked hole in the universe they are in, and not an actual attack which sends an opponent through a different point in time [the end of time in this case].

This is because if Arc Gurren did punch an object through a different point in time [in this case, the end], how are the background characters shown here able to see this hole?

They should not be able to see the hole that was made if your comment was true because said hole would been made in a different point in time, and not the time that they are currently in.

Back