• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann revision

I just watched Lagann Hen movie and STTLG does not show the attack where he can attack through past and future simultaneously as SGGL. Given the movie is non canon and completely independent of the show, should those abilities be removed from STTLG profile?

SGGL appearance: 1:15:45 to 1:19:38

http://************/Anime/Tengen-Toppa-Gurren-Lagann-Movie-Lagann-hen/Movie-720p?id=60867&s=default

I do not know, but would appreciate more community input.

It didn't need to display it, it was from power-scaling to one of it's previous forms (IIRC Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann), due to it coming from Simon's own Spiral Power

Suoer galaxy gurren lagann didn't display those abilities in the movie, I even posted link and timeframe

No its not composite. Its only composite when itsstated. And the movie is non canon so it doesnt qualify for composite

@Kaltias So what specifically needs to be changed here?

It should simply be noted that it can't use the attack trough time of the SGGL.

But I'm wondering if that would downgrade its tier too. iirc, the 4D attack was a part of the reason to make them Low 2-C.

@Bowser

Yes, but isn't the IBBS (and as a consequence the Granzeboma) Low 2-C because it's a universe level attack that attacks trough time?

@Ant

I want a bit more input first

Perhaps. Once i get back home i'll rewatch the fight.

Oh yeah, while on the topic. I remember Gurren Lagan stopping, and breaking, the Super Granzeboma's Giga Drill Break, after it previously overpowered and destroyed that of STTGL, TTGL, SGGL, and Arc-Gurren Lagann. Shouldn't there be another key for EoS that lists it at High 3-A/Low 2-C?

I guess. But it would fully scale from Super Granzeboma, so "at least Low 2-C". Assuming that it doesn't end up being downgraded.

Well, the only reason it COULD be downgraded is if it's deemed an outlier, which probably isn't the case as i discussed with The Everlasting, due to the time between this feat and Gurren Lagann's High 6-A feat, and the Spiral Energy acquired inbetween.

I meant "if Super Granzeboma ends up being downgraded". At this point, Simon had the energy to match AS directly, so this alone prevents the feat from being an outlier

Ooooh, my apologies then. I'd best wait for this thread to conclude then, to see the exact tiering that Super Granzeboma has in the end.

I would prefer more staff input before we make any statistics changes.

Should I message Lina Shields and The Everlasting to inform them about this thread?

In the movie, SGGL still grabbed the Ashtanga's face through spacetime, so it still used its spacetime abilities. As far as that specific ability, you're right.

Also idk why OP was allowed to edit out "4-D Omnipresent Attack" for simple time manipulation in SGGL's profile, when it was stated that they could attack randomly in space-time and still hit their opponent , which means it has no regards for temporality or locality. Supplemented by the fact that the ashtangas were randomly schrodinger warping over multi-dimensional space and their attacks landed.

Nobody edited anything though? Also are those scans from the anime or the movie?

I disagree with the notion of "STTGL didn't SHOW using a 4D attack so that means it doesn't have it" yes its movie continuity and isn't exactly aligned perfectly with the original series. but TTGL and STTGL are made purely out of Spiral Power from Team Dai-Gurren. Its logical to assume any ability of a previous mech can also be done by the significantly stronger upscaled mech that succeds it.

@UMR

If it's from the anime it shouldn't count for the STTGL. As far as i know, the profiles aren't composite.

Anyway, Joseph has just took away a link from the powersting wikia replacing it with scans that explain how the attack works. I fail to see what's the problem. Also the attack of the SGGL is indeed time manipulation.

@Aqua

If Spiral power hasn't allowed them to perform the 4D attack in the movie i fail to see why the STTGL should have it, given that it's movie only.

@Ant

He was talking about the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann

What Kalt meant was that Random Schrodinger Warp and SGGL's Omnipresential Attack were never used in the movies, and the movies are non-canon, same for STTGL, so it can't scale from canon material

That's because the parts were cut. If the movie has the same mecha versions then it should scale. I'm pretty sure the movie features the same Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann.

Some things were different tho, such as the appearance of Tengen Toppa Mechs (sans TTGL), which didn't appear in the canon anime but did in the second movie.

@Kaltias

I'm talking about something separate from the OP, anime SGGL. While yes it is still time manipulation, I said his 4-D omnipresent attack was reduced to simple time manipulation, when there's evidence that I've listed that supports the former.

Also I'm pretty sure its an unspoken fact that everyone uses the canon anime for most of the series, but as far as the AS fight goes, they refer to the superior movie edition OvO

We already had a long discussion about the tiering for TTGL, STTGL, AS and Simon. I can assure you the tiers they have are correct and were accepted by the community (unless someone changed them without me noticing).

Here is the thread in which the tiers where discussed.

About STTGL not possesing the abilities SGGL used in the anime. For me it always felt like they cut this attack to save some time. In my opinion he should keep this ability. I will be able to comment more tomorrow evening.

@DaFritzi: It's a bit pointless for me to reply to you at this very moment, but i looked through that thread and i can't help but notice that while some people acknowledge that Super Granzeboma was unable to destroy Gurren Lagann, (which is due to the latter countering the former's Giga Drill Break, and breaking it) and just letting it slip through the cracks. So i'm gonna ask in advance: shouldn't there be a seperate key for Lagann-hen which says either High 3-A or Low 2-C?

Back