• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

Warren Valion said:
"Bourgeoisie" <-------- Isabelle
Genius.

P.S. I also love how Royalty is greater than Divinity.
you know what is higher than royalty? a star warrior! and you know what is higher than that? A SUPAH STAR WARRIOR! DDD IS THE KING OF THE SHOW!

I gotta love how the placement of Spirits in WoL seems to correspond to Nintendo's own view of power levels.

Like how Arceus and Madama Butterfly are right before Galeem & Dharkon, implying that they're pretty much the strongest spirits. Or how Bayonetta and Palutena (both were being considered as candidates for surviving Galeem's attack) are the last spirit found in the game, right before Galeem and Dharkon.

It'd be interesting to see an "official" Tier List based on spirit rank, although it wouldn't make much sense (2-B Pauline when)

Aren't bayo and palutena referred to as "agent of darkness/light" or something when you get to them?

Can I add time manipulation to Dharkon as he can slow down time in specific areas? How do we treat him being "the embodiment of chaos and darkness"? And lastly, what do you think about Galeem being 2-C for Purgatorio and Tabuu?

-We're in the process of revising their profiles, and time manip was discussed there (and is probs gonna be added)

-We don't. It's your usual hyperbolic statement.

-I'd say that this would mean 2-C range yes, but 2-C implies destruction of space-time when Galeem only really physically destroyed stuff.

Olimar seems bugged. I hit 150% on his Fair in WoL.

Buffed with a 999% Fsmash in ideal conditions

Anyway, back on topic, Ganondorf is OP. His neutral B destroys most people after 40/50% unless they have good recoveries, his Down B is fast and pretty strong and all of his moves are really good in general.

In WOL or normal?

Normal I've been playing bayo, luigi, cloud, mewtwo, and snake.

Warlock Punch being strong is nothing new. In fact, Ganon has always been strong, just way too slow and heavy for him to be able to use them effectively.

Mainly WoL, but even normal he's capable of defeating guys at around 60%. The problem is hitting, and for now the two biggest counters I've met to Ganondorf are Incineroar and Ridley.

Ye

but

his r e c o v e r y

I already have chronic disease against characters with slow recoveries and/or that puts them in helpless fall (as I main G&W, who has neither of those) but Incineroar's recovery straight up kills him.

I probably should learn to do that because I swear I think that his side-B is better in that regard sometimes, lol

Also reminder that with Spirits, I managed to make Ridley deal 183 damage in a single attack.

Hahahaha how the **** is a bad recovery a problem hahahaha like just don't get hit offstage hahahahah

Luigi's tornado was ruined and his grab isn't as good as it used to be, but literally everything else was buffed and often pretty significantly. Down air combos into USmash for a kill confirm now, lol. Dair is the new Nair except Nair still exists

Ridley's not great, but his Final Smash kills the entire roster at like ~40%, which is amusing considering they just kinda explode.

Also yeah, Olimar seems bugged in any mode using spirits. His pikmin (but not Olimar himself) seem to get an exponential power increase the stronger a spirit he has equipped. Give him someone like Soma Cruz or Akuma, add some solid support spirits, and he can pretty effortlessly destroy most spirit battles in a couple of seconds with most of his aerials. It doesn't matter how strong the opposing spirit is, they still take a good 30 - 40% at absolute worst and suffer massive knockback. Stamina battles take anywhere from one to three hits.

I have always mained Link and in each installment, he gets better and better, and I stomp my friends worse and worse.

My friend asked me if I could just unlock all the characters for him since the fight between us was so one-sided.

My brother plays link. Young is definitely the best of the 3.

Wokistan said:
My brother plays link. Young is definitely the best of the 3.
I agree. The instant arrow is kind OP.

But BotW Link has a longer reach, is stronger, harder to get thrown off the stage, double arrow, and choosing when the bomb will detonate make this Link was really close second though.

Toon Link is definitely the worst, but still fun to play.

Yeah but young link is faster and has arials with almost no lag. I hit a 70% combo once without even trying that hard. Only other characters I do stuff like that on are like luigi and cloud up air juggling.

Tbh I like the young link bombs better. The Zdrop stuff > the remote detonation to me. Just play snake and have both

Wokistan said:
Yeah but young link is faster and has arials with almost no lag. I hit a 70% combo once without even trying that hard. Only other characters I do stuff like that on are like luigi and cloud up air juggling.
Tbh I like the young link bombs better. The Zdrop stuff > the remote detonation to me. Just play snake and have both
There are benefits to both types of bombs, but I prefer the originals. I also like Young Link's extra speed. And I always like the Hookshot grab.

But Link, in general, is always my favorite character to play in Smash, and I feel like he gets unfairly treated in these games as being shit when with some effort in learning his moves, he can be a really good character.

I don't really think one hit kill should really be a power tbh. Either it's way higher AP, which can be noted like that, or some way to negate durability, which can be noted in powers and abilities. I'll make a thread in a bit.

Wokistan said:
I don't really think one hit kill should really be a power tbh. Either it's way higher AP, which can be noted like that, or some way to negate durability, which can be noted in powers and abilities. I'll make a thread in a bit.
I agree.

Always loved Awakwardzombie's characerization of Link as a kindhearted simpleton for some reason.

Not related to anything: Using Cloud in later battles is kinda neat, bosses have so much health that hitting them twice for a string of their health instantly fills the Limit Gauge for a Limit Break.

Link was a godsend in early game for moving through the map. I am not much trying different characters, mainly stick to my mains and Link has been since 64.

Apparently Sakurai commented in an interview regarding if Kirby was the most powerful character in the nintendo universe by virtue of surviving Galeem's assault, saying that Palutena and Bayonetta could have survived as well.

Say... I can see Bayo pulling it off, but I think he's giving Palutena waaaaaay too much credit. Then again, I most likely am wrong, he made the newer version of the character and she may have unseen skills, but still, for all the hype Palutena gets she's not that big of a deal comparatively speaking.

Characters with the title of "god" in general tend to be overhyped to be honest. People instantly assume that by virtue of being gods they are at the top of the food chain or outright omnipotent, so Palutena also gets it from fans, despite in her only fight in uprising Pit (who is given less credit than he should now and then) has to be very careful to not kill her by accident (you could argue she was holding back resisting the Chaos Kin, but even then she would be equal to Pit or so, not on a tier of her own):

Fans rarely seem to focus on the feats or displays a god character has, just go "OMG He's/She's a god! He/She's omnipotent!", I mean, compare Kid Icarus's Hades (6-C), to Disney Hades (4-C) to Saint Seiya Hades (2-C) for example, all interpretations of the greek mythological figure but vastly different power and several different abilities.

Back