• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

Legit though, "Spirits" don't seem to be literally souls of individual characters. Many characters can have one Spirit, and many spirits can represent one character. Also, soulless things can be spirits, so can actual ghosts.

Is it bad that I've played none of the singleplayer and have been only doing multiplayer

I have the excuse of having an actual person to play with at least lol

That's not enough

Can you play local with someone else who has a Switch but not the game? Kind of like the 3ds' download mode?

I think you can use the switch as a controller, but that's not what I'm doing. I just have a sibling and a pro controller so we can just play it on a TV.

I used the timer glitch to unlock everyone fast, so I don't really have a huge incentive to play adventure rn. I'll get into it at some point though.

I haven't done much of adventure mode either (The back to back CPU battles gets monotonous after a while), I've mainly just been doing classic mode and a bunch of regular smashes with my friends. A highlight was when we did 2 player on Luigis classic mode, it was mental.

Welp, I just finished World of Light.

Despite how minimalistic the story was, I quite liked it, for some reasons.

I feel like a general Smash revision is due now, but I guess that will have to wait a few days.

I just want Nintendo to make some 3-D Animated movies, because the cutscenes in World of Light looks beautiful.

Everyone cares so much more about the single player in this game than the multiplayer

Y'all need friends

Some characters in Ultimate have crazy potential that I just didn't see coming.

Inkling? I have an inkling that you're about to lose.

Isabelle? Your game isabout to be ended by her.

Pikachu? More like ******* kill me why is Pikachu so strong holy shit.

Tbh I haven't seen inkling or Isabelle as that great, but Pikachu has been top tier in every game at this point.

Eh he wasn't great in brawl.

Though to be fair, meta knight overshadowed basically everyone else.

Isabelle isn't as good as Inkling or Pikachu, but still has some nuts potential if you use her properly.

Inkling is 100% better than it has any right to be, I'll say that much.

Cloud got nerfed but is still great. Mechanics changes really helped him out on both ends. Slightly better horizontal recovery and movement out of arial down B due to new Dodge, and dodges being not apammable makes his up air juggle even easier.

That brings up a good question. Who's the best newcomer? I've been hearing between K Rool and Inkings, but Chrom and the Belmonts aren't any slouches either.

Simon should not have 16 ******* percent on a projectile so him due to me being salty that my brother plays him in a super annoying way

His recovery is trash and he's got a lot of start up on some moves. I can demolish him as shiek (and cloud but cloud is just my best char rn) but if I'm someone that can't move in completely random speeds and directions on a whim then it's rip me as I get zoned to hell

Wokistan said:
Simon should not have 16 ******* percent on a projectile so him due to me being salty that my brother plays him in a super annoying way
Does even a tilt from Ganon do that much?

Ok but why can his cross hit so hard on the way back or when it's not moving that's just not how physics work and I hate it almost as much as the 16 damage on the axe

That's like the damage of shiek's smashes. Ganons up tilt does like 30 though, iirc.

To be fair, Sonic and wolf have 14ish damage tilts.

Eh ftilt was 14 even back in brawl when he sucked. He does do a ton of damage in this game, but he's not like young link or Luigi where I can hit 70+ damage on a combo off one canceled Arial.

The newcomers I've played the most so far are Ridley and Inkling. I'd say I'm better with Ridley, but that's mainly because I favor glass cannons and that I'm not too good with speedsters.

We should definitively should have a thread separate from this one for revisions, given that this would include more than just AP.

Back