• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

To be fair, I doubt Sakurai really cared about powerscaling. I do believe the Kid Icarus cast is much stronger than what we have seen as they are all hyped up to be much more dangerous. However, we only see 6-C and MFTL+ feats.

I'm quite sure that if I searched hard enough, I can find some tier 4 (Pyron and space pirates) or even Tier 2 (Hades) feats. It seems more like the verse simply doesn't have enough really big fans in the wiki willing to upgrade it.

I have a question: Why weren't the only survivors Miis? It would've made the most sense actually since they're basically a create a character for Smash

Because no one cares about the Miis. Plus there is three of them, not a single one. Plus they aren't available by default. And they have no reasons to survive Galeem more than any other characters.

TriforcePower1 said:
I'm quite sure that if I searched hard enough, I can find some tier 4 (Pyron and space pirates) or even Tier 2 (Hades) feats. It seems more like the verse simply doesn't have enough really big fans in the wiki willing to upgrade it.
Nah, Ive played Uprising a bunch of times and I know for sure that we lack feats for that sort of stuff.

Except maybe the Low 2-C Hades part, but I´m too lazy.

I have already heard about the Kid Icarus supposed tier 5/4 feats and some if its hype upgrade statements are the results of the localization team adding quotes not present in the original version, like for example Hades saying that he wants to destroy a country or two and his supposed tier 2 stuff, lastly the tier 5 feat had mixed opinions.

There's a casual feat done by Posidon where he splits the sea, doubt it'd be anything beyond tier 6 but I think it cpuld yield higher results that the double digit gigatons we have currently since the split goes out for several kilometres.

Also I love how this SSB thread has started turning into a KI thread.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Why didn't Palutena teach Pit how to read?
Everything points into that she prefers Pit doing work and she reads for him, as she can see whatever Pit is near to.

Can we move this Kid Icarus specific discussion elsewhere? This is about Smash Bros in general.

Never mind about that. It's January, so let's talk about Piranha Plant and how he works!

Who are you maining? I really like Link, despite the fact that I actually wanted Young Link. The best newcomer for me it's K. Rool.

G&W

My mainiest newcomer is Ridley, even though he's not that good. Ironically I'm far worse with Inkling.

I'm still trying to figure out my main, although my most frequently used fighters are Richter, Donkey Kong, and Captain Falcon so I guess it'd be one of them.

I brought my main, Falco, over from SSB4 and found he's still great.

Though, I haven't been able to do a lot of Smashing lately, though King K. Rool or Richter Belmont is looking good to me atm.

Right now I've been playing wolf, mewtwo, luigi, and snake the most.

Also been playing cloud, bayonetta, dark samus, and chrom a bit.

I'm pissed

I got a number 9 and it didn't OHK them and only did moderately good damage

I once spammed Mr. G&W´s Judge and somehow got a 9 every single time fo the whole match.

It was funny to finish the hardest Smash 4 challenge with it in less than 30 seconds.

If only I could have recorded that...

G&W 9 was never a guaranteed instakill, though. I can't think of any regular moves that can besides Roy neutral B and Ganondorf reverse Arial warlock punch.

Yeah but that will still kill dudes who have any real amount of damage, if they have strong enough stuff.

I like how you can stack incineroar's counter to do 70 damage with a single hit.

I landed a 9 on three people at once in a 4 player free for all. I hit two people and the duration of the hitbox extended, and the third guy just rolled into it.

Well, the god issue is seen a lot, especially the "X beat a god/god-like being, Y is no match!" is thrown a lot as well. Also it is kinda true, tiers aside and if "Top X canonically strongest smash characters" vids in youtube are to go by, Palutena is hyped up for being a goddess, while Pit who kicked the entire Pantheon's caboose tends to be overlooked (as if the poor chicken boy wasn't the butt of enough jokes already =P).

Sorry bout that, I'll stay on topic.

Wonder if there has there been word on why Final Fantasy has so little representation? I could find some stuff looking around, but all is word of mouth conversation I've found, so I can't say how true it is:

-Cloud still speaking japanese is due to his english VA, Steve Burton, being union and the dub of Smash being non-union. Burton's contract also states he must be credited under his real name and only he can voice Cloud in english, reason why he can't use a pseudonim nor they can recast Cloud. Result: Kyou mi nai ne.

-The lack of music is mostly because Nobuo Uematsu, the composer of FFVII among many others, has the rights of the music and he left Square Enix some time ago. While it is said it was due to health issues, apparently he left in rather sour terms, add to that that Uematsu is a huge name as a composer and getting the rights to his work is not only hard, but also expensive and Square Enix can't really help with it.

-The lack of spirits is what confuses me actually. I mean, Cloud doesn't even get his original FFVII or AC artworks for his own spirits after clearing the Classic Mode (he reuses the models of his Ultimate portraits). Haven't found any word or theory on why, aside the "stingy Square Enix" meme. Not saying have a ton of spirits or anything, but having the FFVII cast, the Midgar summons or a bunch of FF heroes in Yoshitaka Amano's artwork shouldn't be such a big deal.

Also a question for funsies: Is there any character you like using, but you're just bad with?

Mine would be Ryu and Simon. In Simon is just lack of practice to balance well between the whip and the subweapons, but in Ryu's case is that I can't get used to use the analog stick for command moves, so when I try to shoryuken someone I usually end up throwing hadokens or even Tatsumaking in the other direction.

Eh, probably Pac-Man for me. I love the Pacster, but I can never use his items to their fullest extent. Matches always move too fast for me and I can never remember which item I need in what situation. Probably the same for Shulk and his Monado Arts, but more so for Pac-Man.

Back