• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

The funny thing is, I half suspect most of the folks that want Geno in Smash haven't even played SM RPG and actually don't fully get the hype behind him (outside memes).

Also it looks like Sephy will bring you despair on the edge-guard...

35 hours give or take.

zriGPWX.png

I don't know about that one, chief.

113 hours? Geese, you must really like that game don't ya Warren? Then again it is considered one of the best RPGs in gaming history, also it's nice to see someone who appreciates Okami

I think, personally, this is going to be a min-min situation. It’ll seem Broken at first, but actually placing it in gameplay it’ll just be another sock in the dryer.
I mean, I haven’t played it yet though. He just doesn’t seem too op for me. He has good range and strong attacks, but his Recovery isn’t the best and is left open for a while after a good majority of attacks. At least, that’s what I gather.

I think, personally, this is going to be a min-min situation. It’ll seem Broken at first, but actually placing it in gameplay it’ll just be another sock in the dryer.
I mean, I haven’t played it yet though. He just doesn’t seem too op for me. He has good range and strong attacks, but his Recovery isn’t the best and is left open for a while after a good majority of attacks. At least, that’s what I gather.
His recovery is good, with plenty of mix-ups.

He has major problems, but his strengths are insane.

It would be great if someone could get the exact translation of what Sakurai says during the final smash.
The english subs say that the Supernova wipes out entire planets, which is kinda vague, but maybe the original line may imply something more.

It would be great if someone could get the exact translation of what Sakurai says during the final smash.
The english subs say that the Supernova wipes out entire planets, which is kinda vague, but maybe the original line may imply something more.
I can tell you that the Italian, French and (probably) Spanish versions all say the same thing. Italian uses “pulverize” though, but I think that may have been just the Italian translation being strange.

That's true, our translations tend to be wacky, that's why I always watch directs in english

That was quick. But yeah, it's a bit vague how much destruction it exactly causes. We do see it busts a planet and then causes the sun destroy earth, but the explosion seems to go still strong after that, possibly causing more destruction.

It's pretty obviously just ripped directly from the original game, just with pretty graphics and 100x faster. It even casts Status Effects as it does in the OG.

I think it's fair to have it be the same move. I don't really see why we can't just use the OG calc.

Also, there are smash characters that have profiles. Doesn’t ROB have one?
That's different. R.O.B. is a Smash exclusive character that doesn't do the stuff he does in his home series.
Same for Captain Falcon, whose entire character was basically invented by Smash, along with the Falcon Punch.

Basically the only Smash fighters profiles we have atm are either;
Characters that are Smash exclusive/originate from Smash. (Ex. Mr G&W, Mii Fighter.)
Or characters that basically have nothing really notable from their original games, and most of their abilities are exclusive to Smash (Ex. Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcon)

Apparently not, since we're (for whatever reason) using Sephiroth’s trailer for scaling, and that trailer shows Sephiroth being far stronger than the cast.

Arent trailers noncanon? It would mean in-game, Sephiroth’s just the level of the other fighters. As such, some moves in-game are capable of outdamaging or dealing comparable damage to his Supernova.

Back