• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

11 songs eh? And improvement definitely, figured there were licensing issues. At least is good to know that than it's Squeenix being stingy. My only regret is The Price of Freedom didn't make it, but after all the love Sephiroth got (and to an extent Cloud too) not gonna complain. At all.

Lol, Kirbyroth rocking dem solver locks

Wait, one thing that wasn't brought up by Sakurai (or perhaps I missed) is that during the trailer some characters managed to land some hits on Sephiroth as he was jumping backwards and he didn't flinch (but the sounds made it clear Sephy got hit), making it seem he had super armor, but that wasn't brought up in the presentation, or was it? It was right before he showed his black wing.

Wait, one thing that wasn't brought up by Sakurai (or perhaps I missed) is that during the trailer some characters managed to land some hits on Sephiroth as he was jumping backwards and he didn't flinch (but the sounds made it clear Sephy got hit), making it seem he had super armor, but that wasn't brought up in the presentation, or was it? It was right before he showed his black wing.
I noticed that even in the boss rush, it might be an effect of the wing

Jesus, Sakurai really rolled out that red carpet! Supernova looks sick (that was a lie, it's not 2 minutes long, I want a refund)! The new music is great (JENOVA) and the remixes are also sick! (Aerith's theme has vocals)?! Sephiroth's victory screen is perfection! His move set looks awesome, and his "gimmick" is pretty interesting (I thought the wing was an alternate costume, but this is cooler)! Sephiroth gets an event for himself?! A limited event where he's a boss and you can unlock him early if you have the DLC?! That's crazy! I'm 100% sure this has never been done for a Smash character, ever! (I hope that they decide to keep the event around for fun). His Classic Mode looks like hell (one boss at the end was hard enough, but now there are 6-7 of them)!

Also, can we talk about Sakurai mentioning frame data and then stopping himself because he "just wanted to make a fun party game?!" That was really funny!

I also now want to see Sakurai's original vision for Marx since he said that this one was toned down to be suitable (nightmare fuel) for all audiences.

Sephy is a blast to play (no pun intended), got slapped a few times as Cloud before getting a win in the challenge event (fitting I know) but dude.

Honestly at first I didn't notice, but it really took me by surprise that Cosmo Canyon of all things got a Remix in the game. Lol. I love it.

One thing I can't get to work, I just can't pull Omnislash V5 with Cloud, despite using the AC costume I just get the original.

One thing I can't get to work, I just can't pull Omnislash V5 with Cloud, despite using the AC costume I just get the original.
From what I can tell, because the "official" release of Sephiroth is on the 22nd, that's the update that will add Omnislash Ver. 5 and Sephiroth's Spirit Board.

Speaking of Spirit Board, here's a look at some of those Spirits from Source Gaming and Nintendo Wire! I think it's interesting how they're a mix of Original and REMAKE artwork.

(The Nintendo Wire link has multiple screenshots in it).

image0.jpg

I never understood why so many people want Geno in Smash, yeah he's a cool character and all with magic on his side but I wouldn't really wouldn't consider him a video game all star and he's only appeared in one game

I never understood why so many people want Geno in Smash, yeah he's a cool character and all with magic on his side but I wouldn't really wouldn't consider him a video game all star and he's only appeared in one game
It's a leftover from Melee times and later Brawl, when he was in the top 3 most requested from the entire internet alongside Ridley and K. Rool, but the hype for him aged badly

Back