• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

Im pretty sure that Sephiroth stomping everyone in his trailer was just like all the other newcomers such as Mega Man in SSB4: for demonstration and nothing supposed to be canon, because in-game (even the Sephiroth challenge), hes equal with everybody else.

He was holding back?
Yeah, the only time he actually fought seriously is the final battle of FFVII against the whole party (8 on 1). Sephiroth to survive his second death and not be absorbed by the Lifestream had to essentially mutilate his own spirit and discard most aspects of his personality focusing on his hatred on Cloud, so when he resurrected at the end of Advent Children his main focus was torturing him rather than winning or accomplishing his goals. He wastes who knows how many chances to end the fight and chooses to keep taunting him.

Mario is literally shown to have reverted back to Trophy/Amiibo form.

You know, what happens when they die, as shown in Brawl's Subspace Story?
Opps, I didn't see the smash symbol on the base, my bad. Then again they didn't turn into trophies in the trailers when they die, like when Mega Man got impaled, or when Luigi had his soul ripped out.

By the way, how do we consider Sonic destroying Tabuu’s wings? Outlier, surprise attack or what? It’s pretty much the same situation that we have with Sephiroth defeating Galeem.

It's (probably) considered an outlier, unless this is a Dragon Ball-esque scenario where being off-guard infinitely lowers your durability.

I can't tell you how happy I was.

My jaw just hit the floor, my eyes bulging out of their sockets. I didn't believe my eyes or ears.

It just wasn't possible.

Sephiroth? One of the three characters I wanted into Smash? I got someone I want? The ****? Am I dreaming?
You finally got a character you wanted and left in the dust that friend of yours that wanted Crash

Sephiroth is one of the best characters added so far. Don’t know how high his OPness is, but I can say is that he sweeps pretty hard.

You finally got a character you wanted and left in the dust that friend of yours that wanted Crash
He went on Discord during the trailer and was like, "Are you happy now?".

And yes, I was.

I can't imagine how happy I would be for the other two characters I want.

Corvo Attano from Dishonored

And Reinhard Heydrich from Dies Irae (I even came up with an entire moveset for Rein)

Back