• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That statement Saman made is debunked by Palutena's guidance where they literally talk about Subspace Emissary.
Yeah ik wanted to see for sure though cause for a lot of Sakurai's interviews people either misunderstand him or it's mistranslated.
I.E. Ice Climbers interview that got people to unironically think they're siblings.

I also said that I remembered it wrong, it was from the direct in which they shown WoL for the first time.

I'm gonna make the joke.

"I always come back!"

Here's the response.

Evidence that the power a spirit gives is = to the power the character/s they belong to?
It would be a worse assumption that they don't give you their own strength. "Fighters can join forces with spirits to enhance their power." No reason why it would be limited, unless you have something to suggest this.

So are many more weaker hazards, Dialga being one is the perfect ex. of an outlier is given how out of line it is with the much more numerous and infinitely weaker hazards.
That's a bad argument, being damaged by other in-game is not a contradiction, especially when you can still take hits from Palkia and Arceus whom should be comparable. Saying a character gets hurt by this so he shouldn't be a tier is a common argument that's been denied. Can't wait to downgrade Shovel Knight after being harmed by a bubble or Kirby harmed from an apple.

This doesn't hold any water at all, if someone creates a house and the people inside they didn't very possibly create all other houses with their people inside.
Terrible analogy. A house and a universe are not even close to being the same thing. The characters needed a universe to begin with in order to even live, how else would they be existing.

MH giving life to 2 characters in the world of imagination there is a cool thing he can do but all the characters already have life there, having also had their lives and experiences before it. Remember the Subspace Emissary and World of Light? The cast and more beings are already doing stuff without MH, if Mario and Kirby can go and nuke it out without MH giving them life then (rhetorical question) why should we claim MH made as many stages and characters fighting as including the stage where Dialga? We shouldn't.
He actually gives life to every character, beating Smash 64 with any character displays them returning to their toy form, meaning MH would need to be the one giving life. Again with this argument about characters doing what they want? MH quite literally has no issues letting them roam around, especially when he wants to fight them. Also, giving characters their own memories as you create something doesn't back anything up, no reason for MH not to give them any. Have you ever played with your toys as a child and pretend to give out stories? That's basically what is happening.

Please do think about it, MH made a stage, maybe 2, why woud we jump from that to making all stages period? With what face are we ok claiming that nonsense?
If MH was displayed to make the stages, who do you think made the rest? What, we're just going "yeah this guy who makes stages only made these two. Then how do the others exist? Don't worry about it". To say he didn't make the rest is heavily faulty. Back to the Smash 64 intro, as we see the characters being introduced, so are the other places. So if MH made Mario's stage, how were the others made during that? Why shouldn't we jump that he makes them all?

Well, I can picture you writing something like that in profiles since you feel like it, but that doesn't make sense. You need to prove why this character is above all stage hazards, you didn't, and so you have no basis to feel like it should be considered above. If anything it would seem to me that simply wanting the character to be considered above stage hazards is the basis here, and with that lack of logic I can't point out other points against as I've done before, the new character would add nicely to them.
I can easily do that then, not only can the fighters survive its attacks in Brawl and Ultimate, but defeat the spirit as well. And who does MH fight? It's simple scaling. Or if you want we can measure how much damage he deals and subtract it from MH's HP. No reason not to scale.

Aside from the stuff said before this remark doesn't make any sense if you wrote that what were the arguments expecting them to exist, it's kinda bias to already dismiss and diminish things to "just say "**** it" and stop powerscaling", it doesn't make me think I'm talking to someone with a fair point of view on the matter but someone who unconsciously wants the masses to know what is just off.
Stop accusing anyone against you to be biased man, people can be biased against something as well.

It would be a worse assumption that they don't give you their own strength. "Fighters can join forces with spirits to enhance their power." No reason why it would be limited, unless you have something to suggest this.
Didn't say they don't give their strength/enhance their power, but that the empowering is 100% = to what the spirits could do with their bodies. I can see this being a thing tho.
That's a bad argument, being damaged by other in-game is not a contradiction, especially when you can still take hits from Palkia and Arceus whom should be comparable. Saying a character gets hurt by this so he shouldn't be a tier is a common argument that's been denied. Can't wait to downgrade Shovel Knight after being harmed by a bubble or Kirby harmed from an apple.
Yours is a bad argument, if surviving getting damaged by in-game things are feats then so the feats that are less powerful are anti-feats for the most powerful, which I see as basic. Idk Shovel Knight but mid-bosses in Kirby are repeatedly portrayed as weaker than the Kirby-level guys and that tree in particular as not a big deal there, I also see your examples clearly unbalanced if not just dishonest as those characters have their own consistency on feats around the tiers in which they are whereas the Smash cast tries to get into a much, much higher level by way of notably "cheaper" ways.
Terrible analogy. A house and a universe are not even close to being the same thing. The characters needed a universe to begin with in order to even live, how else would they be existing.
You didn't put attention on the "and the people inside". The way the world of imagination was portrayed it would seem that it already houses characters and their universes on their own, without a being neeeding to make that, and then we have the fact that MH just got his powers at some point.
He actually gives life to every character
Kirby beats Mario, Mario turns into a trophy, Kirby gives life to Mario and MH isn't there, more stuff like happens and so to say that he always gives life to the characters is wrong.
beating Smash 64 with any character displays them returning to their toy form, meaning MH would need to be the one giving life.
After they beat MH on the space between the real and ima. worlds they return to the real world, thereby turning into a toy. You make a jump in logic by saying it's always him. As something minor Final Des. itself already existed and isn't just made before a battle there may start.
Again with this argument about characters doing what they want? MH quite literally has no issues letting them roam around, especially when he wants to fight them. Also, giving characters their own memories as you create something doesn't back anything up, no reason for MH not to give them any. Have you ever played with your toys as a child and pretend to give out stories? That's basically what is happening.
They already can do whatever in the world of ima., you're the one saying that MH is just letting them do so, MH has been controlled twice and the cast was still doing stuff.
If MH was displayed to make the stages, who do you think made the rest? What, we're just going "yeah this guy who makes stages only made these two. Then how do the others exist? Don't worry about it". To say he didn't make the rest is heavily faulty. Back to the Smash 64 intro, as we see the characters being introduced, so are the other places. So if MH made Mario's stage, how were the others made during that? Why shouldn't we jump that he makes them all?
"Then how do the others exist?" It's the world of img., if they ever went into a place then it's a stage in Smash because the place exists. That would be gameplay wise, in canon we see the cast being in some much more limited island with Angel Land in it and other varied terrains and the fights the characters do being with audiences like we hear in gameplay with a stage made for them to be there, so maybe we need to take some things with a grain of salt.

Yes MH can make stages and give life to characters, and so characters can give life to themselves and go fight in whatever places they feel like it, they likely even made that stage where Mario and Kirby fought, given how MH is someone who needs to fought on sight and wasn't shown.
I can easily do that then, not only can the fighters survive its attacks in Brawl and Ultimate, but defeat the spirit as well. And who does MH fight? It's simple scaling. Or if you want we can measure how much damage he deals and subtract it from MH's HP. No reason not to scale.
Scaling wise "yes", I meant as in an inhered reason to him being above all hazards.
Stop accusing anyone against you to be biased man, people can be biased against something as well.
Not against me, but for dismissing and diminishing something he admitted not to know, I believe I made this clear there.

Last edited:
Isn’t a Final Smash typically used to defeat your opponent? They would only scale if they aren’t defeated, so Why would they scale?

A regular attack from Sephy can cut Galeem in half, who one-shot the universe with everyone in it and needed to be defeated by the whole cast (doesn't matter if it's an outlier), one could also assume he would have been able to impale Mario if he felt like it. Gameplay wise no sh*t he will be on an even level to everyone, doesn't mean they scale, let alone from his best attack on his final form.

Edit: He also grabbed Mario with his sword and then reacted to clash swords with Cloud for a while before they kept fighting with Mario then being tossed away. As in nothing was stropping Mario and yet he did nothing during the first clash with Cloud, nothing stopped him to fight with Cloud after being tossed and so he was defeated just by being tossed away with a super indirect "attack". That's some pretty high speed and power Sephy and Cloud have over the rest of the cast.

Last edited:
I mean at least for Sephiroth it makes sense, It wouldn’t scale to anyone else anyway (probably not even cloud.)

I think they might be used as reference, and this is like the only trailer in which a massive power gap is displayed.
Even looking at the previous trailers, many characters that beat others in their reveal get defeated by others somewhere else, like Samus surviving Ridley but getting one-shotted by Little Mac, who in turn is defeated by Ken, who is defeated by Incineroar and so on.

Sephi's trailer is the only one that shows a character being massively above all the others.

Samus was only “one shot” by the KO punch to my memory. (She was just launched away too.)
Being defeated by someone doesn’t put you above them, only on the same level unless it was done with ease, so the others should be mostly on the same level.
So I can agree with this being unique, since as you said this is the only trailer to show such a power gap.

Yes, I meant that the trailers overall show that they are all comparable, so they don't cause problems with the general scaling.
Sephirot's is the exception, but it also shows that nobody (but Final Smash Cloud, maybe) scales to him.

Some one-shots here and there in other trailers still mean that the characters are overall on the same level based on all the other context, Sephy's trailer outright doesn't show communicate the same.

That's what I wanted to say, using the trailers doesn't cause problems to the overall scaling

A regular attack from Sephy can cut Galeem in half, who one-shot the universe with everyone in it and needed to be defeated by the whole cast (doesn't matter if it's an outlier), one could also assume he would have been able to impale Mario if he felt like it. Gameplay wise no sh*t he will be on an even level to everyone, doesn't mean they scale, let alone from his best attack on his final form.

Edit: He also grabbed Mario with his sword and then reacted to clash swords with Cloud for a while before they kept fighting with Mario then being tossed away. As in nothing was stropping Mario and yet he did nothing during the first clash with Cloud, nothing stopped him to fight with Cloud after being tossed and so he was defeated just by being tossed away with a super indirect "attack". That's some pretty high speed and power Sephy and Cloud have over the rest of the cast.
I mean, reveal trailers are always exaggerarting power of the characters. Like, Mega Man soloed Smash 64 roster in his trailer, yet presented as an average fighter everywhere else.

Last edited:
Sephiroth lacks any anti-feats.
Also this is directly referencing the actual plot, so it should be valid as a scaling tool. (Also that was in 4 which lacks a plot anyway.)

Sephiroth lacks any anti-feats.
Also this is directly referencing the actual plot, so it should be valid as a scaling tool. (Also that was in 4 which lacks a plot anyway.)
Fair enough. I'm pretty sure he will have anti feats in the future tho. And the character will definitely be able to survive the supernova

I mean, reveal trailers are always exaggerarting power of the characters. Like, Mega Man soloed Smash 64 roster in his trailer, yet presented as an average fighter everywhere else.
Not in the same way as Sephy, clearly. Mega Man got near defeat before showing off the powers from Robot Masters.

I mean in subspace it was shown the fighters couldn't even move normal R.O.B much less harm them including captain falcon who one shot a far larger R.O.B, yet R.O.B does knocks around several everytime with one hit, isn't shown harmed by them after their previous attack, and is then shown being dragged away by DK.
Wii fit trainer one shot Mario, kirby, and link in her trailer.
Bowser jr. Was easily beating several characters.
Ridley one shot mega man who was shown samus better implied also one shot Mario yet samus held her own.

I'm not gonna say the same twice, the people who didn't read what was said some comments ago but felt like what they were going to say was just going to be new make a mistake.

I think we should summarize the aim of this CRT and leave Sephiroth for another time, otherwise we'll never finish

Last edited:
@Eficiente

What do you think should be done here and why, in summary?

Also, are there some staff members that we should send notifications to about this thread?

Maybe, I would love if they could appear and stay but I don't think that's going to happen.

@Antvasima Remove the following things
  • Remove the texts saying that Master Hand created the Smash universe as the World of Imagination already existed (whether or not he created more stages than what's shown and if those are universes is a different matter that's being discussed)
  • Master Hand treating Arceus and other PKMN as literal toys (As before, if MH scales to them or not is being discussed, the claims are false and simply need to be removed)
This puts the profiles like this
  • Master Hand and Crazy Hand as at least High 7-A upscaling from most of the cast.
  • Tabuu 4-A as his death collapses the Subspace realm, which is shown to have stars in it.
  • Galeem and Dharkon 3-A as the former destroyed the universe.
If we later agree with anything higher then good for that, but it may even take until next year.

Maybe, I would love if they could appear and stay but I don't think that's going to happen.

@Antvasima Remove the following things
  • Remove the texts saying that Master Hand created the Smash universe as the World of Imagination already existed (whether or not he created more stages than what's shown and if those are universes is a different matter that's being discussed)
  • Master Hand treating Arceus and other PKMN as literal toys (As before, if MH scales to them or not is being discussed, the claims are false and simply need to be removed)
This puts the profiles like this
  • Master Hand and Crazy Hand as at least High 7-A upscaling from most of the cast.
  • Tabuu 4-A as his death collapses the Subspace realm, which is shown to have stars in it.
  • Galeem and Dharkon 3-A as the former destroyed the universe.
If we later agree with anything higher then good for that, but it may even take until next year.
And Sephi is universal?

I would argue that Galeem and dharkon don't scale to their ultimate attacks as they lost twice to high 7-As assuming spirits amped them would mean master hand and the other bosses would down scale and circular scaling happens.

Eficiente seems to make sense to me, but I am not a good person to ask.

Back