• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Saiyan God should not have a finite multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our tiers are glorified fanfiction. You can’t say “oh it should be an infinite multiplier” from the fact that Goku jumps to Tier 2 when this could change at any time. It used to make Goku 3-A. That would make it not an infinite multiplier
I don't think he's arguing from the perspective of what should and shouldn't be on the tier lists. He's arguing from a logical standpoint.
In which case he is correct. Still doesn't answer which one is right though.

It’s extrapolated from Goku stating that even fusing into Vegito wouldn’t be enough to match up to Beerus judging from what he experienced alone. It’s less of an actual multiplier and more like upscaling
The multiplier is used to give higher speed ratings that don’t have canon feats to match, so its not just upscaling.

I don't think he's arguing from the perspective of what should and shouldn't be on the tier lists. He's arguing from a logical standpoint.
No, he is arguing that because pre-SSG BoG Goku is 4-B and SSG is 2-C, SSG can’t have a finite lowballed multiplier because it’d have to be infinite

The multiplier is used to give higher speed ratings that don’t have canon feats to match, so it’s not just upscaling.
It’s upscaling from existing multipliers. And the beginning of DBS has a sextillions c feat when the characters get much faster afterwards so idk what to tell you on the matter of feats

No, he is arguing that because pre-SSG BoG Goku is 4-B and SSG is 2-C, SSG can’t have a finite lowballed multiplier because it’d have to be infinite
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Logically speaking a 4-B character going to 2-C through only a finite multiplier is impossible.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Logically speaking a 4-B character going to 2-C through only a finite multiplier is impossible.
And you’re arguing from the standpoint of our Tiering System. If Goku got downgraded to 3-A, would you still say this? No, you wouldn’t, because 3-A is not an infinite AP tier. And that’s the problem. You are strictly arguing from the standpoint of our tiering system rather than from the series itself, when our tiers are subject to change at any time.

The 250,000x multiplier is extrapolated from the series itself to use regardless of where DBS’s tiering ends up

It’s extrapolated from Goku stating that even fusing into Vegito wouldn’t be enough to match up to Beerus judging from what he experienced alone. It’s less of an actual multiplier itself and more like upscaling from existing multipliers
Exactly which would make it be derived from actual multipliers and so still make sense in verse as opposed to creating a multiplier just based on the wiki...

And you’re arguing from the standpoint of our Tiering System. If Goku got downgraded to 3-A, would you still say this? No, you wouldn’t, because 3-A is not an infinite AP tier. And that’s the problem. You are strictly arguing from the standpoint of our tiering system rather than from the series itself, when our tiers are subject to change at any time.

The 250,000x multiplier is extrapolated from the series itself to use regardless of where DBS’s tiering ends up
I'm not arguing from the stand point of the tiering system. I'm simply saying Finite x Finite going to Infinite is not possible. That has nothing to do with the tier system.

Were not basing a multiplier on something that can be changed completely independently of the series in question to this degree.

We do not do this for any other multipliers that I'm aware of and we won't start here. Using the upscaling form in-universe multipliers makes actual sense since it's using canon information and not the opinions of some people online.

Yeah and for all intents and purposes the word infinite is never mentioned in canon so it doesn't exist. We use it for own tiering purposes, but that's only for us and thus isn't objective. The only objective multiplier is one inferred or stated in the work itself.

I'm not arguing from the stand point of the tiering system. I'm simply saying Finite x Finite going to Infinite is not possible. That has nothing to do with the tier system.
Yes you are, because this relies on the idea of Goku always being 2-C in SSG. You wouldn’t say this if SSG Goku was 3-A, since 3-A is not an infinite AP tier. If your argument changes strictly based on what tier the character is, you’re arguing from the tiering system rather than from the series itself.

The 250,000x thing is a minimum to use regardless of tiers

Yeah and for all intents and purposes the word infinite is never mentioned in canon so it doesn't exist. We use it for own tiering purposes, but that's only for us and thus isn't objective. The only objective multiplier is one inferred or stated in the work itself.
Sometimes we have quotes about infinite and immeasurable, like Gohan's infinite power, as well as several quotes about infinite power, i just don't think it's actually true.

I’m in agreement with Planck and Clover here. You can’t take tiers that we came up with and use them to manufacture a multiplier, that’s not how it works.
But we've discarded multipliers for being too low or too high in the past based on our own tiers and standards, why is THIS any different? I just want a consistent explanation, because again, before the 20x multiplier, SSJ2 couldn't be a 2x multiplier because it was "too low to turn a stomp around", even though that's based on our understanding between power gaps of characters in general fiction rather than taking the in-universe gap needed into account.

It’s upscaling from existing multipliers. And the beginning of DBS has a sextillions c feat when the characters get much faster afterwards so idk what to tell you on the matter of feats

I am just pointing out that the wiki is basing AP on canon showings while simultaneously basing speed off multipliers that make no sense when applied to AP.

@The_Yellow_Topaz As far as your question goes, I couldn’t tell you. I thought it was because the 2x SSJ2 multiplier is never actually stated
No multiplier is actually stated in the show, all of them, and I mean ALL OF THEM (I don't), came from a guidebook statement, except Kaioken. I don't know the specifics about the SSJ2 scenario, I was just going off of what was said in my SSB multiplier (or was the speed one, idr) revision.

Of course, this is not your fault, I don't think you even know why they did that when the wiki clearly works on a "low end" basis, but still I wonder why the SS3 Multiplier isn't used despite having several statements and nearly no contradiction.

Since ain't nobody able to provide any satisfying answers to my dillema, I think I'll ask this to be closed and start a new thread on SSJ3. Please close this up so we can get our boy SSJ3 his 4x multiplier over SSJ2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back