• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Manga: Super Saiyan Blue's multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think SSB multiplier or even SSG are even stated once in the series and if we abide by the rules that they shouldn’t be assumed then I think 10x is fine. Toriyama originally envisioned SS1 as a 10x boost over base ( which of course is ignored due to the all the established evidence making it 50x over base ) so me thinks that his original intent of a 10x amp was kept for SSB is at least likely.

I reaaally just need one more staff input in 50x or a few more on 10x to get this over with already. I just want to finish my speed scaling blog so I can make DB great again

I'm feeling kinda neutral on this. I think there's merits to both viewpoints.

Can someone provide a summarized version of both arguments here so we can call in more staff to settle this?

Well, I'm currently leaning more in favor of the 10x multiplier based on the statement in the OP, so you can put my vote down as that, but that doesn't resolve the situation.

Well, I'm currently leaning more in favor of the 10x multiplier based on the statement in the OP, so you can put my vote down as that, but that doesn't resolve the situation.
Well, shit. It really doesn't. How can this even be solved if it's so divided??

Can someone provide a summarized version of both arguments here so we can call in more staff to settle this?
The argument for 10x is because SSG scales to Hit who SSB Vegeta at 10% power scales to, both Goku and Vegeta are also equal themselves. For 50x is because of the RF movie and promo for the movie's description for the form being "the Super Saiyan version of SSG" however it relies on whether or not we count the RF movie as canon to the manga which I think still needs to be discussed. It was also included that SSB being called SSGSS simply falls under name fallacy

If we DO count the film as canon and the manga version as non canon, then we'd have to make a crt downgrading base Goku post-BoG saga to Solar System level

10x argument: Goku and Vegeta are portrayed as equals in basically every instance leading to the tournament. (Chapter 5 and Chapter 7)

Yet, Vegeta couldn't beat Hit's timeskip as a Super Saiyan Blue. Later, Goku manages to shorten and beat Hit's timeskip as a Super Saiyan God, an inferior form.
Whis explains the reason why Vegeta couldn't do the same thing is because he wasn't even at 10%, implying 10% of SSB is roughly comparable to SSG's full power.

50x argument: We currently accept the movie as canon to the manga. In the promo material, Super Saiyan Blue is said to be "Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God", several times. This is also stated in the movie. Thus, it's supposed that the multiplier that Super Saiyan gives (50x) to a regular Saiyan is also applied to the SSG form.

10x argument: Goku and Vegeta are portrayed as equals in basically every instance leading to the tournament. (Chapter 5 and Chapter 7)

Yet, Vegeta couldn't beat Hit's timeskip as a Super Saiyan Blue. Later, Goku manages to shorten and beat Hit's timeskip as a Super Saiyan God, an inferior form.
Whis explains the reason why Vegeta couldn't do the same thing is because he wasn't even at 10%, implying 10% of SSB is roughly comparable to SSG's full power.

50x argument: We currently accept the movie as canon to the manga. In the promo material, Super Saiyan Blue is said to be "Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God", several times. This is also stated in the movie. Thus, it's supposed that the multiplier that Super Saiyan gives (50x) to a regular Saiyan is also applied to the SSG form.
Damage, could you ping some staff please?

I want to also point out it's not just the film, but the film's manga story, (which the very panels from said manga story are outright referenced and called back to, implying they are canon), which was directly called out by guides to be apart of the chronological events. Other counterpoints is how Topaz's interpretation isn't actually supported by the wording of the text, and that the Timeline he references as a counterpoint to the Chronological Events Ad is lacking any of the other confirmed canon manga stories, meaning it lacking RoF isn't a smoking gun.

That said, Topaz's counterpoint is that, while not explicitly actually worded in that way, it's still an interpretation of the text. They also believe the translation for the Chronological Events ad is actually merely an ad for the manga, (and sus in TL), instead of being actually usable. The timeline they reference they believe to lack the other confirmed manga canon stories due to copyright/trademark being solely Dragon Ball, annnnnd I think that's it.

Last edited:
You know what? **** it, we ball. If this step-thread is stuck, I'll upgrade Tien and Co. It's technically a different manga.

I wish. Just one more vote for 50x and it gets through and we can put an end to this charade.

I need to make Early DB great again. I'm about to cook this "building level" ass Tien scaling, I'm just holding back because there are too many threads atm
No version of Tien is currently Building level.

Ngl you might actually have to make a thread to determine if the movie should be considered canon to the manga, that should determine things.
DBS manga guides have the same statement as the movies. So, if the argument is that the manga never states SSJB is SSGSS then that wouldn’t help determine things.
image0.jpg

EYnVyMLU4AA0KfV.png

image0.jpg

超サイヤ人ゴッド超サイヤ人
超サイヤ人ゴッドのパワーを持ったサイヤ人の超サイヤ人。エネルギー消費が激しい。 髪色は青だ。
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan
A Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God. Energy consumption is intense. Hair color is blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back