• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
right, i'll worry about that once i'm done editing the profiles. btw the unlocking was done by crab

What do we like... do with the Power Star page? It's well made, and I don't want to delete it, so I'd like to just add a note that says that it's agreed the 3-C rating currently doesn't scale to the cast.
Leave it as is and just make a note that it doesn't scale to the cast like you said. Pretty sure games outside of Galaxy have them be normal items, so it doesn't really matter interms of scaling

Alright... save for possible profiles that don't have the verse category, which I will look for in a bit, the downgrade is applied. My eyes have seen the words Island and Galaxy so much that neither hold any meaning anymore.

So, anyone got ideas for how to word the note in question? Also I'll edit the verse page in a few hours, I have to take a break now.

Megabug's page says: "Megabug comes from a Crossover game between Super Mario and Ubisoft's Rabbids Franchise, and as such is not considered canon. Scaling Mario characters from it is not allowed."

I find myself inclined to agree with that.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet for the thread for now since it's already 6 pages long + Outvoted here. A thread to get the Power Star keys and/or another thread that may upgrade them back, and/or to a different level for different reasons can be made later.

So, anyone got ideas for how to word the note in question? Also I'll edit the verse page in a few hours, I have to take a break now.
How about something like:

Note: Mario characters' base stats are not scaled to cosmic tiers based on feats such as scaling to the creation abilities of Power Stars, as such tiering determined to be an outlier in regards to their accepted feats and anti-feats.

Credits to Planck for writing a lot of this

Last edited:
I would personally add "Without new points" after the cosmic tiers. Something like this.

Note: Do not attempt to scale Mario characters' base forms to cosmic tiers without new points. This is considered an outlier compared to the majority of these characters' feats and anti-feats.

I would personally add "Without new points" after the cosmic tiers. Something like this.

Note: Do not attempt to scale Mario characters' base forms to cosmic tiers without new points. This is considered an outlier compared to the majority of these characters' feats and anti-feats.
Talked it over with Armor and we changed it up, as shown by his edited post. That way it's phrased much less like a discussion rule, since it isn't one (that part's my fault, I initially pitched something that sounded like a discussion rule)

Sorry (to Medeus), I edited it because it sounded like a discussion rule, how about now?

Note: Mario characters' base stats are not scaled to cosmic tiers based on feats such as scaling to the creation abilities of Power Stars, as such tiering determined to be an outlier in regards to their accepted feats and anti-feats.
This is fine for now.

I don't want to derail, especially since the thread is basically over, but I wanna tackle the issue of bias within powerscaling debates and want to deliver my opinion. The notion of bias isn't mere whimsical preference; it's the manifestation of deep-seated personal beliefs that can distort our interpretations. This bias can infect even those who claim not to 'dislike' a series but are overly attached to their convictions. In other words, you can like a series but still have a deep bias towards its stats in powerscaling.Moreover, I should point out that the purpose of a platform like Versus Battles Wiki isn't about determining who can 'punch out Cosmic Skyfathers.' The very wording here is a testament to the pervasive bias and a close-minded approach. The essence of this platform lies in the sheer enjoyment of scaling fictional characters, engaging in imaginative and spirited debates. The reduction of these discussions to the binary of "can/cannot punch out X, Y, Z" or "is/isn't stronger than X, Y, Z" or "he can't be cosmic" is a disservice to the diversity and potential of what's supposed to be a socially engaging platform.And let's address the glaring hypocrisy here (sorry for the wording i got excited). you desperately scour for anti-feats, even the tiniest ones—ones that are objectively below Mario(and like just mario verse)'s casual strength—all for the sake of downgrading. Yet, you conveniently ignore the way more impressive feats he performs in the very same game that the so-called 'anti-feat' is showcased. It's intellectually dishonest, to say the least(like seriously,this is a classic case of selective evidence interpretation, and i needed to call it out).like the laughable example of Bowser's 'inability' to shatter a massive rock used as an anti-feat, it's a poster child for the cherry-picking fallacy. Reducing the character's potential to a solitary incident while disregarding gameplay mechanics and context is nothing short of intellectual recklessness as well as using Lava even tho in another thread a heat based anti-feat has been rejected because Heat Resistance is separated from conventional durability. Heat isn't related to Kinetic Energy/Potential Energy relationship, it is tied to shit like Melting points and Boiling points. and no one had problems with that.
What's concerning is how "certain" individuals, who, in theory, are old enough and should be past such concerns, persistently fixate on Mario's power levels, allowing it to occupy an unreasonable amount of mental real estate(someone whined about mario being "cosmic and universal" and keeping up with goku "noooo he can't beat Goku" or individuals who know themselves in discord where cosmic mario lives rent free in their heads). It's as if someone had been hurt(like a personal attack), when, in reality, we're discussing the capabilities of a fictional character for the sheer joy of it. This fixation not only exemplifies bias but also suggests the harboring of old grudges and a transition from spirited debating to a quasi-political battleground.I, like many others, find it challenging to work past these grievances. It's a grim reminder that Versus Battles Wiki has veered away from its roots of lighthearted versus debating for enjoyment and exploration and instead delved into the murky waters of politics, personal vendettas, and rigid ideologies. We all bear the responsibility to recapture the spirit of fun and imagination that initially drew us to this community.That being said, I didn't like the whataboutism used here and pointing fingers (even tho i understand that, because only Mario is getting such treatment and arguments) and my objective should not be to wank characters too, merely for the sake of higher stats(I honestly think mario should vary). we should employ a sense of reason when discussing such matters, and that's it, again i'm so sorry if I sounded harash, but i'm a very direct person who says what's in his mind face to face instead of shittalking behind someone's back plus I got very busy with stressing real life stuff

I don't want to derail, especially since the thread is basically over, but I wanna tackle the issue of bias within powerscaling debates and want to deliver my opinion. The notion of bias isn't mere whimsical preference; it's the manifestation of deep-seated personal beliefs that can distort our interpretations. This bias can infect even those who claim not to 'dislike' a series but are overly attached to their convictions. In other words, you can like a series but still have a deep bias towards its stats in powerscaling.Moreover, I should point out that the purpose of a platform like Versus Battles Wiki isn't about determining who can 'punch out Cosmic Skyfathers.' The very wording here is a testament to the pervasive bias and a close-minded approach. The essence of this platform lies in the sheer enjoyment of scaling fictional characters, engaging in imaginative and spirited debates. The reduction of these discussions to the binary of "can/cannot punch out X, Y, Z" or "is/isn't stronger than X, Y, Z" or "he can't be cosmic" is a disservice to the diversity and potential of what's supposed to be a socially engaging platform.And let's address the glaring hypocrisy here (sorry for the wording i got excited). you desperately scour for anti-feats, even the tiniest ones—ones that are objectively below Mario(and like just mario verse)'s casual strength—all for the sake of downgrading. Yet, you conveniently ignore the way more impressive feats he performs in the very same game that the so-called 'anti-feat' is showcased. It's intellectually dishonest, to say the least(like seriously,this is a classic case of selective evidence interpretation, and i needed to call it out).like the laughable example of Bowser's 'inability' to shatter a massive rock used as an anti-feat, it's a poster child for the cherry-picking fallacy. Reducing the character's potential to a solitary incident while disregarding gameplay mechanics and context is nothing short of intellectual recklessness as well as using Lava even tho in another thread a heat based anti-feat has been rejected because Heat Resistance is separated from conventional durability. Heat isn't related to Kinetic Energy/Potential Energy relationship, it is tied to shit like Melting points and Boiling points. and no one had problems with that.
What's concerning is how "certain" individuals, who, in theory, are old enough and should be past such concerns, persistently fixate on Mario's power levels, allowing it to occupy an unreasonable amount of mental real estate(someone whined about mario being "cosmic and universal" and keeping up with goku "noooo he can't beat Goku" or individuals who know themselves in discord where cosmic mario lives rent free in their heads). It's as if someone had been hurt(like a personal attack), when, in reality, we're discussing the capabilities of a fictional character for the sheer joy of it. This fixation not only exemplifies bias but also suggests the harboring of old grudges and a transition from spirited debating to a quasi-political battleground.I, like many others, find it challenging to work past these grievances. It's a grim reminder that Versus Battles Wiki has veered away from its roots of lighthearted versus debating for enjoyment and exploration and instead delved into the murky waters of politics, personal vendettas, and rigid ideologies. We all bear the responsibility to recapture the spirit of fun and imagination that initially drew us to this community.That being said, I didn't like the whataboutism used here and pointing fingers (even tho i understand that, because only Mario is getting such treatment and arguments) and my objective should not be to wank characters too, merely for the sake of higher stats(I honestly think mario should vary). we should employ a sense of reason when discussing such matters, and that's it, sorry if I sounded harash, I very busy with stressing real life stuff
Bro typed a Bible at the end of the CRT 💀

In all seriousness, at this point it would be better to just make a whole new CRT if you disagree with the revision, rather than trying to revive this old one.

8EB37DA85E65ABC051F723605D31B51812B9AE86

Tbh I did compile all the cosmic-ish feats I could find that don’t involve power stars, but most of them were rejected. Some I don’t understand though, like the Yoshi’s Story feat.

Bro typed a Bible at the end of the CRT 💀

In all seriousness, at this point it would be better to just make a whole new CRT if you disagree with the revision, rather than trying to revive this old one.
That is not my intention, like at all, just wanted to give my opinion and not having a debate that's it, i don't plan in making any crt in anytime soon, maybe this holiday or summer because studying, btw If anyone wnated to make a big deal about my paragprahe and respond to it i won't replay because i will busy preparing for maths and physics tests in the meantime, wish me luck

Last edited:
What's concerning is how "certain" individuals, who, in theory, are old enough and should be past such concerns, persistently fixate on Mario's power levels, allowing it to occupy an unreasonable amount of mental real estate(someone whined about mario being "cosmic and universal" and keeping up with goku "noooo he can't beat Goku" or individuals who know themselves in discord where cosmic mario lives rent free in their heads). It's as if someone had been hurt(like a personal attack), when, in reality, we're discussing the capabilities of a fictional character for the sheer joy of it. This fixation not only exemplifies bias but also suggests the harboring of old grudges and a transition from spirited debating to a quasi-political battleground.I, like many others, find it challenging to work past these grievances. It's a grim reminder that Versus Battles Wiki has veered away from its roots of lighthearted versus debating for enjoyment and exploration and instead delved into the murky waters of politics, personal vendettas, and rigid ideologies. We all bear the responsibility to recapture the spirit of fun and imagination that initially drew us to this community.That being said, I didn't like the whataboutism used here and pointing fingers (even tho i understand that, because only Mario is getting such treatment and arguments) and my objective should not be to wank characters too, merely for the sake of higher stats(I honestly think mario should vary). we should employ a sense of reason when discussing such matters, and that's it, again i'm so sorry if I sounded harash, but i'm a very direct person who says what's in his mind face to face instead of shittalking behind someone's back plus I got very busy with stressing real life stuff
dog-question-mark.gif

ngl i dunno what that has to do with me but good luck on your tests ig

uh i'm gonna like put the note on the verse and then lock, if anyone makes any threads on the subject in the future please notify me yall

How about something like:

Credits to Planck for writing a lot of this
This currently has improper grammar. There should be a "was" between "tiering" and "determined".

I couldn't find where this note was placed, so I couldn't update it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back