• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v17

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Damage As I said, I thought the standard was that if you can create x thing and it uses the same source as what you use to attack your AP can scale to x thing. This isn't as big as what we normally apply it to, but that doesn't mean it should be considered an exception

That's right. Fubuki uses her psychic powers to create a barrier which is Low 7-B (Durability), then she is definitely able to use that psychic power to attack, too. It's just because she hasn't shown it yet. LOL.

I suppose that the page should remain as it is then. Perhaps we should move to another subject?

If that's the standard, then that is the standard. But it seems speculative to me, seeing as how the original commentor said that her defence power was higher than her offensive power. Maybe her AP should be clarified with a "Possibly" or "Likely" rating.

Yes. Her defence stronger than her offensive, but her offensive should still scale. She shouldn't be too different from Tatsumaki and Psykos.

This is just a notification about that all discussion posts made after April 14 will disappear in the new forum, so if there are any important content revisions that need to be referenced in the new forum, please back them up here:

https://archive.org/web/

The threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them.

It is technically already up, but there are various errors and other problems that need to be fixed before our migration there.

You need to post it in a blog format for evaluations. Should I give you temporary editing rights, so you can do so?

I have given you editing rights. Tell me here when you are done.

I do not know if you are experienced enough, or if you have an important task that is necessary to do.

• The serious punch is not an example of applicable lifting strength
  • Pretty sure the Sonic thing is not usable as a legit speed rating. But who knows.

• Why not? He did it simply with the wind created by the blow.
  • Why can't the Sonic thing be used? You don't think it's stacking, do you?

• Because it was a punch from an air pressure. It doesn't fit with the accepted criteria for lifting strength.
  • I think its calc stacking, but I don't know if it actually is. Which is why I added that I was unsure on its usability.

• But he should have this with the serious punch, not?
  • I thought I would find this, but it is not stacking and this has already been accepted here in yours, an example of which is this calc.

I don't think the original Deep Sea King speed calc should be used. For the "Raindrops appear to be frozen" calc, there needs to be some kind of support for it beyond "It doesn't look like the rain travelled far":

> Sometimes even something like "time seems frozen" or that nothing moves is stated. Often this kind of statements are hyperboles. However, should that not be the case one may assume that the apparent speed of the reference object is less than or equal to 0.001 m/s.

We can't just arbitrarily assume it.

So are USklaverei's calculations relevant to post or not?

Damage3245 said:
I don't think the original Deep Sea King speed calc should be used. For the "Raindrops appear to be frozen" calc, there needs to be some kind of support for it beyond "It doesn't look like the rain travelled far":
> Sometimes even something like "time seems frozen" or that nothing moves is stated. Often this kind of statements are hyperboles. However, should that not be the case one may assume that the apparent speed of the reference object is less than or equal to 0.001 m/s.

We can't just arbitrarily assume it.
But they don't seem, they are literally frozen in the air and the delta drop is totally shown in the air, when the rain is moving Murata made it very clear during the whole fight, which is not the case in this scene.

Just because they look frozen to us, the viewer, on a single manga panel does not mean they're literally frozen in the air.

Here is an example of the shot in the anime which shows the raindrops in motion as Sonic passes by Genos.

@USklaverei

Okay.

@All

I will unsubscribe to this thread. You can contact me via my message wall if you need help later.

But they are shown frozen on several panels during the fight and Murata makes it very clear when they are frozen in the air and when they are not. As for example here, the thing was in motio and in the following, the drops are totally frozen.

The anime does not directly match the manga, because as we see here, while Sonic passes, the drops are frozen.

That's sorta what damage means. The manga is taking "pictures" or shots of an event. Which means the raindrops will always look frozen when viewed in this format. His point is that there's no indication that the rain is constantly moving in slow motion.

Qawsedf234 said:
That's sorta what damage means. The manga is taking "pictures" or shots of an event. Which means the raindrops will always look frozen when viewed in this format. His point is that there's no indication that the rain is constantly moving in slow motion.
In that case could you use the anime to support maybe a case for Author's Intent? Because they clearly are moving in slow motion there.

Speed-of-sound-sonic-gif-14

Isn't rain portrayed as kinda like a line when it's in motion? And a perfect droplet when it's "frozen"?

This doesn't prove it's completely frozen though, it could just be slowed down.

2c91e07e5595b88b95654572d5f3c4c8
Cf59fb465b8b5fd08ce8d9da0e2a5646

@AwkguyDB; exactly, the rain isn't completely frozen, they're still moving.

In that case could you use the anime to support maybe a case for Author's Intent?

Sure. But the thing with the anime timeframe is that while in slow motion the droplets wouldn't qualify for the suggested .001 m/s speed. Which is what @USklaverei's current calc uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back