• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's extremely minor damage tbh.

And Bakuzan only has Low 7-B+ durability from scaling to Choze.

Damage3245 said:
That's extremely minor damage tbh.
And Bakuzan only has Low 7-B+ durability from scaling to Choze.
Hey, wait, You are the one agreed with "Bakuzan is likely stronger than HEO for being a Dragon level".right ? Maybe We should change him to scaling from HEO rather than Choze.

I don't think Hundred-Eyes Octopus should be considered a typical Demon level monster that all Dragon levels should scale to. It was explicitly growing much larger and stronger over time and was commented by Gyoro-Gyoro to be quite strong.

Remember that we have Hundred-Eyes Octopus noted as starting as Town level and only growing to Small City level+ after it had grown to a huge size. So I don't see a reason to scale him to it after it had grown so much.

@Damage wrote :

It was explicitly growing much larger and stronger over time and was commented by Gyoro-Gyoro to be quite strong.

Yes, But Don't we forget that even Gyoro witnessing the monster's defeat at the hand of Tatsumaki very casually. She said " OMG, What a pity! That was actually a strong monster". A few moments later, we have seen all the cadre making their appearance, You know what I'm trying to say, right? It is implied that despite that strong, Gyoro still noted that HEO was nowhere near the cadre's level (I'm talking about Dragon level, too). That's why we agreed with "Any Dragon level should be stronger than HEO, even a ridiculously weaker Dragon level like Bakuzan should also scale". Didn't we agree with that ?

I said that Bakuzan is "likely stronger" but we don't have solid evidence.

And that was before I realized that its initial rating was Town level and it only became Small City level+ by getting stronger and larger. In which case I retract my earlier agreement.

Bakuzan stomps HEO, That's what we agreed. That's all it is, nothing else. The other staffs seems to agree with that. I remember it wrong? But we should wait for them comment here again. Just to make sure.

Octopus -> Bakuzan -> Goketsu with zero effort -> Serious Goketsu (7-B)

> Bakuzan stomps HEO

People can agree on that, but it would still be without evidence.

The scaling to Choze at least has some foundation to it.

Scaling to Choze has less foundation, since he isn't even given a proper rating. If HEO was a dragon level threat when he was defeated, I'm pretty sure ONE would mention it elsewhere, like he did with Beefcake.

I can agree with "likely" or "possibly" ratings for Dragon level threats without better scaling. The cadres should be superior based on how they are portrayed as Kin showed, and how HEO wasn't an executive when we have purely destructive monsters like EC who were.

@GyroNutz; the scaling to Choze is based on the fact that Gouketsu evaluated both of them but Bakuzan's evaluation was higher than Choze's. It's not about scaling purely on ratings as if that is the only thing that matter.

Hundred-Eyes Octopus wasn't an executive because the first time we saw it, it was only a Town-level Demon class Mysterious Being. Yet over time it was able to rapidly grow in strength and size, meaning we can't judge Dragons against its most powerful form.

Yes, but we scaled all dragons to Choze. And while it's speculated that Bakuzan is the weakest Dragon, that's not officially stated/proven.

Gyoro Gyoro saw it at its most powerful and still called it a Demon level threat. Even if Gyoro's evaluations aren't always accurate, it should at least put the HA executives above HEO as she holds them with a much higher regard.

I'd consider the Monster Association executives to be superior, but that's all.

Trying to make Suiryu to be Small City level+ through indirect scaling like what was being suggested further up doesn't sit right with me.

I was wondering If Suiryu should be downgraded or not, I didnt say he should be low 7-B+ with that. And even though his calc was massively downgraded. I still think It is not a good idea to rate him as High 8-C either 8-B. So I just wanted to ask you If is there a possibility for him to scale higher than that ?

Edit : Sorry. I just realized that Suiryu's cacl has been adjusted with new result. It is no longer 8-C

When a monster usually gets a disaster level change, we always get some narrative notice. Like with Phoenix Man and Pesky Clown.

It's also worth noting that it was explicitly stated that the Monster Association cares about destructive power above all else. That's why an animalistic beast such as Rover is an "executive." Any of the cadres by default should be above Hundred Eyes Octopus if Gyoro only made it a Demon.

Genos's physical strength and shots are on completely different levels. Moreover, at the beginning of the battle with Garou, Genos only fired a couple of short volleys at Him with one hand, without showing full power.

Why does this serve as scaling for High 7-C Tanktop Master? According to ONE, Genos is strong even among the S class, so why are the weaker members equated to it?

The Causality said:
Talking about Rover, he should have a possible High 7-A+ durability since he survived to a saitama punch which was > Child 's Emperor Nova
Is this really the case? Nova's shot was an energy beam aimed straight up and lifted up an entire district.
Saitama's punch was across the square and created a Shockwave that caused the walls to shake.
I don't think this simple hit was more powerful than a Super Nova blast.

Yeah, there's no comparing them I think. Saitama's punch shook the whole base, but CE's blast wouldn't have done that because it was aimed upwards.

NikHelton said:
Is this really the case? Nova's shot was an energy beam aimed straight up and lifted up an entire district.
Saitama's punch was across the square and created a Shockwave that caused the walls to shake.
Orochi didn't cared about Child emperor's energy Blast, but was more concerned about Saitama's punch, it indicate that the punch>Child emperor's final move and didn't concidered it as a massive treat unlike Saitama's punch.

Orochi couldn't have seen the Emperor Nova Cannon, he could only judge the attacks based on what he felt. So what Nik said is true.

Iirc Saitama's punch was also calculated, and didn't get very high results.

Did he even know about Phoniex Man's evolution or the energy blast though?

The Causality said:
NikHelton said:
Orochi didn't cared about Child emperor's energy Blast, but was more concerned about Saitama's punch, it indicate that the punch>Child emperor's final move
Just a moment for dramatic effect. We have already discussed that CE's blast was directed strictly upwards, creating powerful shakes only on the surface. Saitama's punch was on the square, creating a Shockwave. You can't compare them. Especially since the entire Cent feat consists of scattering the cloud, not causing damage to the MA base. How would Orochi feel the power of an attack that went beyond the stratosphere?

@GyroNutz & Nik

He can sense energy tho so he could sense the energy of the blast.

The size of the Monster association base changed a lot so the resul could increase, could you link the original calc?

Afaik it doesn't change much. Since the bulk of the energy comes from cloud dispersal not melting rock.

The Energy of the Blast = High 7-A+

Orochi can sense the energy of things so could sense an High 7-A+ energy or you want to say that the energy of the blast in itself isn't High 7-A which make no sense at all.

Conclusion, Orochi didn't concidered this amount of energy as a threat to him unlike saitama's punch.

> Orochi can sense the energy of things

Where is it stated that he can sense energy beams?

There's no sign of anyone in the base having detected the energy beam whereas we had multiple pages of people sensing Saitama's attack.

Child Emperor's energy beam went straight up, and though it caused a lot of destruction on the surface it did not shake the base or cause omnidirectional damage.

@Damage Orochi sense energy, so indeed, he could sense the enrdy of beams

>There's no sign of anyone in the base having detected the energy beam whereas we had multiple pages of people sensing Saitama's attack.

Because nobody but orochi demonstrated that they could detect energy, simple and btw, this is a storytelling way to show what are the dangerosity of things in manga.

>Child Emperor's energy beam went straight up, and though it caused a lot of destruction on the surface it did not shake the base or cause omnidirectional damage

Didn't argued about this at all so this is pretty moot.

The point is that Orochi didn't necessarily sense Saitama through some kind of energy-sensing ability, but just felt the base shake like every other character.

If you want to claim that Orochi could sense the energy from both Saitama and Child Emperor's attack, then you'd need to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back