• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why many S class heroes scale up to Genos?
According to ONE, Genos is strong even in their ranks. Moreover, I wouldn't have any questions if the High 7-C feat was performed by a physical attack, however, it's a damn energy ray and no one other than Asura and Saitama has been shown to be able to handle it.

Epiccheev said:
Who will get affected by the downgrade other than Suiryu and Choze himself?
Just those two afaik. The other Dragons scale to Octopus now rather than Choze.

NikHelton said:
According to ONE, Genos is strong even in their ranks. Moreover, I wouldn't have any questions if the High 7-C feat was performed by a physical attack, however, it's a damn energy ray and no one other than Asura and Saitama has been shown to be able to handle it.
Current reasoning is that Genos and others like DSK can survive his energy ray. So they scale to its power output.

Qawsedf234 said:
NikHelton said:
Current reasoning is that Genos and others like DSK can survive his energy ray. So they scale to its power output.
But can the Genos really withstand its beam? I mean, we've never been shown this. And characters that could cause serious damage to the Genos could simply die from an energy attack. For example a Cockroach. I believe his energy attacks > > > > > > > physical attacks = his durability.

Their own feat is currently 8-C barring another recalc since the original is based on a flawed cloud premise apparently.

Kin201 said:
@Nik
Genos has shown to be able to withstand his own cannon
This was an attack by a completely exhausted Genos, which was repulsed back by the wind flow and severely weakened. Moreover, after that, he was completely incapacitated.

And why do you equate a shot with one hand of a weakened Genos and a pre-prepared shot with two hands at the peak of strength?
Let's say I'm good at throwing spears. If I take the right stance at the peak of my strength, I can throw it very far. However, if I am very exhausted and throw the spear with all my strength, the throw will not be so good. This is how it works.

If I can at the moment to publish somewhere Gouketsu recalc? Then I would like to make a thread where the participants chose a suitable calculation among all the others.
However, for some reason I can't create a blog now. Just put the results somewhere here.

You can't make any recalc or a thread since we're doing a forum change.

@Nik, I'm sorry, I don't know much about math. But I think Genos gets High 7-C durable is still fine to me. I mean DSK, who tanked a powerful blast from him, which should make the monster have High 7-C dura, and then they fought each other evenly matched (Physically traded blows), and Genos even took/blocked some hits from the monster and he survived If I remember correctly.

Kin201 said:
@Nik, I'm sorry, I don't know much about math. But I think Genos gets High 7-C durable is still fine to me. I mean DSK, who tanked a powerful blast from him, which should make the monster have High 7-C dura, and then they fought each other evenly matched (Physically traded blows), and Genos even took/blocked some hits from the monster and he survived If I remember correctly.
In fact, the real damage to DSK was caused by energy shots, because they evaporated moisture from his body and weakened him.
Genos dodged all his attacks. He was hit only by two-the first took his arm and caused heavy damage to the body, the second went on a tangent and did not touch him.

Yes, the Sea King seemed to take damage from Genos ' physical attacks, but... Seriously, compare the consequences of taking an energy shot to normal attacks. In one case, he is bleeding and his face is ground into mincemeat. In another, it only sways from blows with no visible damage.

The difference in power between ordinary strikes and energy shots like the sky and earth.

Kin201 said:
Being 8-C, which would make them much weaker than even Snek, Max, and most of the A Class Heroes. Lmao
The first thing I thought when I saw the original feat was:

"Wow, didn't know clouds were that hard to disperse"

Yeah. I don't know about math. What I mentioned is basically via power scaling from their durable,physical blows, or something like that. So yes, I don't really know how they calculated that feat was 7-C, 7-B or 7-A, and eventually ended up 8-C, since again, I know nothing about math,calcs. But I respect their calcs, they must be thinking much about it before publishing it, tbh.

Why don't we do something similar to DB in Onepunch-man, since both manga and anime are valid and have different power levels.

From what I gathered in another thread you can make profiles for anime characters if

• Their unquie to the anime
  • The characters are notably different from their adapted material (OPM doesn't fall in this)
  • The profile is needed to proper scaling (Toei Goku)
Pluton would be fine as an example, but Anime Saitama would be iffer apparently.

So were Saitama and Flashy underneath the monsters base when it was pulled up? Does this mean Flashy is currently being pinned down by over 10km of the earths crust?

Being buried 10km under dirt does not mean he's supporting the entirety of the weight above him. He doesn't want to move because he doesn't want his sword to break, not because he can't escape.

Qawsedf234 said:
Being buried 10km under dirt does not mean he's supporting the entirety of the weight above him.
Are we sure about that? I don't actually know how it works when there is a collapse like that. Anyone here know?

Are we sure about that?

Yes. Weight distribution does not work in the way you're suggesting.

Well, The suiryu feats will be discussed in a proper thread since i have some complain with it and the method to get the size.

I would probably not here to the thread but the creation of it seem necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back