• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wait, and did you just completely dodge the fact that Murata literally states that he drew it with the intention that Geryu’s pebble throwing would be stronger than Tatsumaki’s pebble throwing?
Once again, you’re ignoring the context of the statement. This is a follow-up to when he said this:

Which is why in the interview from 11/5/2018, he says that he wanted Geryuganshoop to be stronger than her in some way, referring to his ability to throw things at sub-light speed while Tatsumaki can’t because her output would be too powerful (which directly puts her raw power above Gery btw).
I don’t know how you missed this post, since you literally replied to it earlier lmao
And yet we use Murata’s statement to calc Geryu’s KE for his AP, but you don’t account for the fact that Geryu can throw small objects faster than Tatsumaki can throw those small objects, which would directly scale his KE above Tatsumaki’s with small objects
These two things don’t correlate in the slightest lmao. If they throw the exact same object at the exact same speed, the KE is going to be the exact same. If Gery throws a rock at sub-light speed and the KE of that is 6-C, and Tatsumaki throws that same rock at the same speed, the KE would be the exact same level of 6-C, but since she’s too strong, it’d just annihilate the rock. So again: that wouldn’t make him High 6-A and this is a complete non-point.

I don’t know how you missed this post, since you literally replied to it earlier lmao
And by “in some way” it means that the fact that tatsumaki can’t throw small objects at that speed, Geryuganshoop can throw small objects with a higher AP than she can, which Murata blatantly stated when he said he intended for Geryu’s pebble throwing to be stronger than Tatsumaki’s pebble throwing

These two things don’t correlate in the slightest lmao. If they throw the exact same object at the exact same speed, the KE is going to be the exact same. If Gery throws a rock at sub-light speed and the KE of that is 6-C, and Tatsumaki throws that same rock at the same speed, the KE would be the exact same level of 6-C, but since she’s too strong, it’d just annihilate the rock. So again: that wouldn’t make him High 6-A and this is a complete non-point.
Which means if Tatsumaki ever throws a pebble without it burning up and it damages someone high 6-A, then Geryuganshoop would be stronger since he could throw it even harder without it burning up

And by “in some way” it means that the fact that tatsumaki can’t throw small objects at that speed, Geryuganshoop can throw small objects with a higher AP than she can, which Murata blatantly stated when he said he intended for Geryu’s pebble throwing to be stronger than Tatsumaki’s pebble throwing
He can’t throw them with a higher AP than she can, he can just throw them with a higher speed. That’s the “in some way”. And if you want to be technical, she can throw the objects, they’d just cease to exist because of how powerful she is.
Which means if Tatsumaki ever throws a pebble without it burning up and it damages someone high 6-A, then Geryuganshoop would be stronger since he could throw it even harder without it burning up
And this has never happened, so I don’t know why you’re bringing it up. And again, Gery can’t throw things harder, he can throw them faster.

He can’t throw them with a higher AP than she can, he can just throw them with a higher speed. That’s the “in some way”. And if you want to be technical, she can throw the objects, they’d just cease to exist because of how powerful she is.
IMG_0423.jpg

BOO
hehe did I scare ya? Guess you’re not goated with the Geryuganshoop like I am.
And this has never happened, so I don’t know why you’re bringing it up. And again, Gery can’t throw things harder, he can throw them faster.
I said if
but on another note, this also means that Geryu is always gonna scale above Tats in speed, so…nice.

I don't understand what's so difficult here? Murata's statements are just his opinion, it's only "possible". Many interviews are outdated, so their information can be ignored. Indications of the strongest telekinetics exist and we cannot close our eyes to them.

I don't understand what's so difficult here? Murata's statements are just his opinion, it's only "possible". Many interviews are outdated, so their information can be ignored. Indications of the strongest telekinetics exist and we cannot close our eyes to them.
It’s cause they’re afraid of him.

So you acknowledge that the interviews can be outdated… but not the guidebooks that are even older than them?

So you acknowledge that the interviews can be outdated… but not the guidebooks that are even older than them?
He said outdated as in Murata’s statements are opinion based on what’s already shown in the story, they are not actually canon in any way and are only considered possibly ratings for a good reason. He wasn’t even sure if Geryu was black hole level and needed to ask ONE about it, because he’s not the authority.
Meanwhile guidebooks are explicitly canon, and it hasn’t had official retconning.

How do guidebook age and interview age correlate? Murata's interviews are outdated, but guidebooks are a printed canon, not an oral one. Saying it's not canon because "He's older than the interviews that are out of date" is as weird as saying the first 40 chapters of One Punch Man are not canon because they're older than BOTH the guidebook AND the interviews.

How do guidebook age and interview age correlate? Murata's interviews are outdated, but guidebooks are a printed canon, not an oral one. Saying it's not canon because "He's older than the interviews that are out of date" is as weird as saying the first 40 chapters of One Punch Man are not canon because they're older than BOTH the guidebook AND the interviews.
I didn’t even say they weren’t canon…? I literally just asked you to clarify your stance.

I didn’t even say they weren’t canon…? I literally just asked you to clarify your stance.
anyways, the point is that the interviews are non canon and are murata's opinion and can easily become outdated due to the fact, while guidebook and in-series statements are canon and require evidence to actually show that it’s been retconned to be invalid for scaling
Murata is a bottom tier source, which we already recognize it as since he’s only used for possibly ratings. The guide on the other hand is very much mot a bottom tier source, since it’s canon.

anyways, the point is that the interviews are non canon and are murata's opinion and can easily become outdated due to the fact, while guidebook and in-series statements are canon and require evidence to actually show that it’s been retconned to be invalid for scaling
Murata is a bottom tier source, which we already recognize it as since he’s only used for possibly ratings. The guide on the other hand is very much mot a bottom tier source, since it’s canon.
Guidebooks are still secondary canon, not primary canon.

Today is april fools day. Wouldn't it be funny if we upgraded a random Cyclops Alien character to FTL and Planetary as a joke, but then forgot to change it back forever? hahaha

It's never enough
That’s true
My next project is to attempt to scale Geryuganshoop above Tatsumaki, since there is more than sufficient evidence at this point
and the scaling consequences of 5 megaton Geryuganshoop are….[redacted].
Also I think I also am gonna ask for a csrc recalc given how unreasonably lowballed it is
Apparently the actual energy it would take to make an explosion that wipes the earth surface is greater than what the csrc was calced at, which seems pretty obviously downplayish given that the csrc should be treated as if it were an explosion like all of Boros’ other energy releases act as, especially since the csrc is explicitly stated to be Boros just releasing all his energy, so it’s a justified recalc.
and also you could easily use a high end of saying that Shaving the earth means taking off the entire crust of it, though I doubt people here would give generosity like that to Boros, I’m still curious to see what it would yield.

I haven't been active here for a while but it seems the cast is being downgraded to High 7-C. That sucks.

Does anyone else think that there are grounds to scale Melzalgald to Geryuganshoop? Or maybe we can scale Bang to the meteor through confidence scaling.

Back