• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
Welcome to the One-Punch Man General Discussion Thread! (Last Thread)
kgH7xnN.jpg

Feel free to discuss anything One-Punch Man related!

Warning: Webcomic spoilers MAY appear in this thread!

Current To-Do List and Topics:
Latest Chapters/Updates:
Chapter 139 (Manga)
Chapter 138 (Manga)
Chapter 137 (Manga)

Last edited:
Well I guess Psykoplane should be at least comparable to Psykos alone, likely superior, I don't see any problems with 7-B DK, well at least in that Form he's using against her

Last edited:
I think it would be best to scale Drive Knight in general to 7-B if we're going to do it. We have no reason to believe this form is far stronger than any of his other forms, it's probably weaker than the Gold Form if anything. After all, the Gold form made that huge firestorm when Drive Knight nuked Nyan, which would probably give 7-B results, and the shockwaves from his punches were also splitting the earth many city blocks away and throwing building-chunks into the air hundreds of meters in the air. Since he was already at least low 7-B and he has multiple forms that may straight up be 7-B, it shouldn't be a problem to scale him fully to 7-B.

It isn't exactly clear how strong the plane form is, but Drive Knight did already casually dispatch Nyan. Unless the Psykos-Orochi plane is massively weaker than either of their previous forms even when they were separated, there's probably enough evidence to upscale him.

Like I said in the last thread, Drive Knight already scaled significantly above someone (Nyan) that scales above a Low 7-B+. So he really should’ve already been 7-B, and him matching beams with Psykosplane is Just further justification.

Also, addressing the OP, was it not already decided that 10 Second Genos is 6-A+/High 6-A?

Another thing that's not really being talked about is the slew of new webcomic profiles that we need to add. Now that I think about it, we have good reason to add character profiles for: Heavy Smoker, Machine God Mirror, Electric Eel, Aggregation, Extended Family of Darkness, Suiko, Forte, Blue, Pesky Clown, Needlepoint Mouse, Ninja Leader, Erimin, Destro, A, Ryukama (mobster guy), Zaedats, Infelsinave, Webigaza, all those demons the Neo-leaders fought and if we really wanted to flood vswiki with OPM profiles, we could add the entire heavenly ninja party.

Woah. That's about 20-40 potential profiles we can add there. Obviously, plenty of those characters are ancillary, but people like Suiko, Blue and some of the dragons would be important profiles to include.

AKM sama

Stealer of Waifus
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
The first one on the new forums! Welcome! One-Punch Man General Discussion #29 (RIP 1-28)

Since there is no limit to comments, this thread will keep going on. There will be 100 posts in one page.

On a more important note:

I had received a list of all the pages with direct links to illegal scalation sites. Many of the OPM profiles had direct links to mangadex. Needless to say, this should NOT happen in the future. Not that it will because Fandom's filter will not let pages to be edited if there are links like that present in them.

I had assigned Abstractions to take care of this project i.e. to replace all the illegal links from all profiles. But as you might know, OPM is dead on mangadex now, so the links are dead too. Therefore, she is currently removing those links entirely (not replacing them). After the wiki is opened up again for editing and CRTs are allowed, make sure you guys check the profiles and link new evidences in place of the removed links.

Woah. That's about 20-40 potential profiles we can add there. Obviously, plenty of those characters are ancillary, but people like Suiko, Blue and some of the dragons would be important profiles to include.
Question: Will these new profiles just rate the characters from the webcomic canon or are we doing another amalgamation of the two till the Manga covers them?

Cause this would be a good opportunity to just leave them as web comic versions.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Question: Will these new profiles just rate the characters from the webcomic canon or are we doing another amalgamation of the two till the Manga covers them?

Cause this would be a good opportunity to just leave them as web comic versions.

Webcomic profiles from now on should use exclusively webcomic canon for the ratings.

I was referring to her personal barrier; one she would actually put some degree of effort into sustaining. Her barriers for the heroes were just to protect them from falling rubble, not for Dragon level entities.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Sysop
I never got why we linked directly to Mangadex anyways, since the site's direct links break after 24 hours. So even if we were allowed to link it, we would need to constantly update the pages so they link to what we say they do.

Webcomic profiles from now on should use exclusively webcomic canon for the ratings.
What about when characters that are currently webcomic exclusive make their eventual debut in the manga? It's clear at this point that the manga and the webcomic are diverging more and more storyline-wise. Are we going to replace the webcomic profile with the new manga one or are we going to have two separate profiles for a character like Blue (so webcomic blue and manga blue).

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Sysop
We're either doing Webcomic only profiles or we're only going to allow front scaling from this point on. We're not doing webcomic -> manga scaling anymore, at most manga -> webcomic.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Sysop
The visuals and next scene don't line up in terms of the plate falling back onto the Earth. So it's either didn't go as far or as fast as the splash page implied, which is why the PE is currently used.

1. You shouldn’t SAY the spoilers without a warning.

2. Ah. That would explain the blackout we see in the background when Tatsumaki created the barrier.

Wow, so fast! Is it a fourth part to Chapter 134 or 135? I can't believe Murata would pump out an entire chapter in six days, unless he was working on all these chapters during the redraw period.

Just read through. Short and sweet, well-drawn, crazy reveals and possibly drawn in six days. If Murata keeps up this madlad schedule we'll be at the AG fight by January.

I'm exaggerating a little, it'll probably be a bit longer. But the point being that Murata is really amping up the chapter output these days. It's just been crazy great lately so some excitement is talking here.

But let's Murata releases half chapters every week (so chapters every two weeks), and then we have 8-10 chapters by January in the best of worlds. In this ideal situation, I think that would put us through the cadres fight (assuming it starts 1-2 chapters down) and into Tatsumaki vs GS territory.

Watched the zhoniin stream and it seems that Amai's vision of Blast might be his vision of an ideal hero, that Iaian is prompting with his noble actions. I don't speak Japanese, but a Japanese speaker in the stream said that this was the case. Wonder what the other translations will say.

Watched the zhoniin stream and it seems that Amai's vision of Blast might be his vision of an ideal hero, that Iaian is prompting with his noble actions. I don't speak Japanese, but a Japanese speaker in the stream said that this was the case. Wonder what the other translations will say.
Dont listen to that dumbass , also that wasnt a japanese speaker he said it himself in the chat . Its amai remembring his encounter with blast before

Dont listen to that dumbass , also that wasnt a japanese speaker he said it himself in the chat . Its amai remembring his encounter with blast before
Good to know- even knowing that it's hard to believe that "He" has really shown his face in the middle of the MA arc. This is so crazy- I hope the translation comes out soon.

Last edited:
Since Golden S is scaled to Tatsumaki and Golden S scales to Orochi then are we going to be getting High 6-A Orochi or should there be separate keys for his forms?

ONE's statement implies that Tatsumaki would only have moderate difficulty, and is barely relevant, iirc. I don't think GS scales to Orochi anymore here. Can't remember the specifics though. But Orochi definitely isn't becoming High 6-A.

GS doesn’t scale to Tatsumaki. That statement is as relevant now adays as the statement that Tats and ???Mob are on par with each other.

Of course, anything can change in the future, but Not currently.

Since Golden S is scaled to Tatsumaki and Golden S scales to Orochi then are we going to be getting High 6-A Orochi or should there be separate keys for his forms?
Pretty sure the Golden Sperm/Orochi scaling is getting nuked, judging by the OP.

Has there been any accepted calcs for Genos 7-B? Or any speed calcs for Tatsumaki and such?

I noticed that Blast is wearing some kind of suit. Which reminds me to how Blue talks about having some sort of suit, and that he has to release the limiters on them to unleash his true power, or something along those lines. I'm betting Blast is similar.

Regarding Blast and Blue, it seems to be a similar situation to with Boros in the sense that they have energy-suits that limit their power. One difference between Blue and Boros ( and possibly Blast, I'm not sure) is that McCoy seemed worried about Blue removing his limiters entirely. Maybe Blue using his unrestrained power is dangerous because his body doesn't cope well with 100% raw, undirected output? I don't know if the same will hold true for Blast, who is clearly stronger and better trained, but that's a possibility.

I agree with making webcomic profiles.

The Orochi-GS scaling is pretty exemplary of the webcomic/manga divide and why we need to change the way we do profiles (in many cases). Orochi, a manga exclusive, supposedly scaled to GS, a character we have only seen in the webcomic. The fact that characters like Orochi exist only in the manga is one instance of the diverging plotlines we see in the manga and webcomic -Suiryu is obviously a different character in both continuities. Blast is appearing far earlier in the manga (we should make the picture from this chapter his profile picture by the way: ),
Psykorochi is a thing, and the plots are only likely to diverge further in further in plot and power-scaling.

As for Psykorochi scaling to GS, no GS will not scale on the WoG statement to high 6-A. Orochi and Psykorochi are different characters contextually, and Psykorochi is massively more powerful so if GS scales to OG Orochi he can't scale to Psykorochi. If Orochi was High 6-A in base there would have be no need to give the fusion a power-up from "God" plotwise. If I recall correctly, Murata introduced the scaling to indicate that BS wasn't talking crap when he considered challenging OG Orochi. If he was massively more powerful than Orochi with GS, I feel like BS's questioning of authority would have played out differently

Blast
being revealed at this point in the story...

How long is OPM going to last?
We're not even through the second major saga in the series (First the Introduction Saga up to Boros, then Second the Human Monster Saga up to its final battle), and there are still 3 more sagas to go: 3rd the current webcomic saga, 4th the Robot Saga, and 5th the final saga. And it's been 7 years since the manga began. So at least 10 years more, maybe 15 years.

All of that was just a little bit of energy DK took ... how much energy does he require to actually fully charge then

When was the old manga outline made? I feel like they may have swapped things up since then (if it was planned like 2+ years ago).

When was the old manga outline made? I feel like they may have swapped things up since then (if it was planned like 2+ years ago).
It was a couple years ago, but since the S-Class are gathered and Psykos is about to be defeated and probably defused, it seems to be building up to it.

at the current pace I expect AG to be a mid to late 2021 thing
Just remember that the last 3 years of the manga has only covered 17 Webcomic chapters (55-71).... and there's still 23 to go (72-94). Even if the manga adaption of the webcomic went 2x as fast, there would still be at least 1.5 years til the saga is over, in 2022. Or it could go on to 2023, if a ton more manga original stuff happens. I'd bet on a ton more manga original stuff.

I think this is the best feat we have for webcomic scaling, outside of the CSRC for Saitama and Boros.
Not even webcomic beefcake gets past that?
One's art really grew on me, but i admit it's not very good when it comes to feats.

I see. I question if the true form Orochi stuff will happen now because there's a biomass problem, before I totally was on board, but now Orochi is fighter-jet sized. Unless he does absorb an entire city worth of people (don't think he'll get the chance), he doesn't have the mass to form all those dragons and doesn't seem to have the potency to handle Tatsumaki unless she really starts faltering again. I think Orochi has played his part (weakening Tatsumaki) plotwise and he's nearing his end arcwise. Always could be wrong...

To address a few questions by Phoenks and Swagaroo.

The Genos 7-B Jet Drive Arrow calc hasn't been accepted yet... but it seems like it will as soon as a CRT is allowed. I remember seeing favorable comments on the original blog that recommended further evaluation that never came.

As for Drive Knight, him draining a huge chunk of city makes sense, even if it's just part of his energy. I did a calc that translated megawatt-hours to joules and used New York City as a high-end, and the energy used to power New York every day is 7-C (3.96e+13 joules). In order to produce the explosion he did with his gold form, he'd need citywide levels of energy to support it. If we take him as 7-B (which I believe we are all agreed on) then I think it lines up pretty well

So we would be scaling high-end webcomic feats off Fubuki's Low 7-B feats? Okay, nice.
For lower level webcomic scaling, I think Suiko destroying the robot and Mountain Ape crushing that boulder in the Tatsumaki - Saitama fight might get decent results.

Who scales above Fubuki definitively in the web comic? Tatsumaki, Golden Sperm, Psykos, Rover, Amai Mask (by her own words),
I would assume the cadres in general?

Darkshine scales to the Garou that beat Rover (the scaling is kinda wack but we can't do anything about that.)
As does Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai according to his dialogue about then.

the cadres absolutely scale above fubuki
I agree they should but sometimes they wouldn't accept something like that. Kinda like how a lot of us don't think Gouketsu is so much stronger than a good chunk of the cast yet there's no concrete scaling that would be acceptable for the site rules.

so im kind of not up to date with all the information. i have a couple questions. why doesn't this new site have any character profiles and when will psykos and tatsu be upgraded to high 6-A?

well fubuki is positive that amai mask is stronger than she is yet fuhrer ugly can damage amai mask. other cadres scale to fuhrer

Content Revision has been banned since we started the forum move and can't be started now until a certain amount of the old wiki (all the profiles, pages) are moved over to this new forum. Once all the necessary pages are moved over, then they will be upgraded, as will almost half the verse. We also have to upgrade Genos, Drive Knight, DO-S and probably some others who scale off of them.

Speaking of the devil... if Drive Knight is 7-B, would Nyan scale? He took shots from Drive Knight's Giant Form and Centaur forms relatively well. I don't think Nyan is a tier below Drive Knight to be honest, it took several attacks to finish him off. He took a hoof, a giant fist, burning damage over time, was stabbed and then took even more intense heat (which is what finally incapacitated him).

Thank you for the correction.

But that being the case... if the CRT ban is simply to stop a flood, when are they going to open the gates? I can understand wanting to sort everything else out first, but there must be some sort of plan for pacing the creation of new CRTs.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Sysop
From what I remember there was a list or a set amount allowed and once it's ready it'll be a daily thing to get the changes underway. We got 5 months of revisions to get through for multiple franchises.

1. Zhonin is... an odd one. I wouldn’t really ever, ever take his opinions into account. He thinks Bakugo could take on Genos and All Might could take on Boros or Tatsumaki, so.

2. Scaling Golden Sperm to Tatsumaki because of a ONE statement, and then scaling Golden Sperm to Orochi because of a Murata statement where he basically says “I don’t know, I need to ask ONE, I don’t write this stuff, this is HIS work” doesn’t really make sense to me. IMO, most statements that happened before this arc are basically outdated and irrelevant in my eyes; especially if it was ONE referring to his own webcomic, not the manga’s current story and powerscale.

To be fair on the Bakugo thing, I don't think he actually thinks that. He even said Genos would win. Although he did wrongly assert Bakugo could maybe have similar damage output to Genos(I think it was either G4 or BoS).
No defending his weird Prime All Might scaling tho.

Dont take anything zhoniin says seriously, tbf tho he wasnt like this so i am pretty sure he says that cuz he dosent wanna anger the mha patreons he have .

To be absolutely fair if upgrades go through Bakugou would maybe get upgraded to at least on Genos' tier sans 10 Second. Speed Equal and they could have a fun match.

But that's if that upgrade goes through and 10 Second just kinda makes the MU a stomp

Bakugou is going to be 7-B? Huh. That's a heck of a leap from High 8-C. That'd be like Lightning Max or Death Gatling climbing to mid-dragon over the course of the series. Maybe Gearsper or glasses will be better examples growth-wise.

As for Zhoniin, his powerscaling isn't bad if you look past the MHA vs OPM stuff. I agree mostly with his OPM and MHA and OP scaling in-verse, he just gets a bad rap from his wonky OPM vs MHA takes. In truth, It's crazy to think that Bakugou (without One for All) could rival Genos BoS or otherwise in terms of destructive capability or Prime All Might is possibly a planet buster with Texas Smash or something like that. I don't think anyone else would put All Might above things like Tatsumaki, Boros, CSRC and possibly Blast (assuming Blast is God-level). And as for the Bakugou stuff, I remember many of his explosions being visually building level or smaller compared to Genos's visually city block, multi-city block and town sized blasts.

Last edited:
The BNHA verse couldn’t hope to survive Tatsumaki soloing them all, yet Zhoniin is like “unn, yeah, Prime All Might is an unknown factor, so he’s clearly Meteoric Boros level due to being stronger than anyone in his own verse. Tatsumaki would struggle with him but it’s too up in the air who would actually win” or something like that.

Right. The consideration is where the characters in their verses stand and the overall power of each verse is a non-factor in his scaling. Naturally, the UA students are lower tier in BNHA like A-B class heroes are in OPM so the students must all be as strong as A-B class heroes, and the top ten billboard heroes are like the s-class of BNHA so they must mostly be around s-class level. Concretely, Bakugou is a decently mid-tier character, as is Genos (outside of 10 secs), so they must be comparable. Same for Endeavour, he's the highest tier behind All-might, so he must be a dragon (and so are the high nomus). All that I've just said assumes the OPM and BNHA are comparable verses, when they're not. The God-tiers of BHNA are high-tier to mid-tier in OPM and everyone else falls lower on the ladder as a consequence.

I can see how people could get that impression, but it's pretty silly. BoS Genos is stronger than the Endeavour that fought Hood imo. I feel the need to rant about it a little because I enjoy Zhoniin's content but strongly disagree with his BNHA to OPM scaling

The more this arc advances, the more I think we should make different profiles between webcomic and manga like Rimuru has for his light novel and web novel versions.

Yeah. It used to be that the manga was just an upgrade of the webcomic, with an expanded but comparable plot, but now the plot is diverging and characters are not only stronger in the manga, but have different personalities to the point where they are different continuities.

Opinions?
They would need to follow the standards stated here:

Hello! I have a question about OPM manga: Does it have 135 or 179 chapters?

i saw some webs that says that it have 179 chapters, but other says that it have just 135: can someone explain me why? I want to read the manga, but idk if I should read the 179-chapters' page or 135-chapters' page

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Sysop
Punches =/= chapters. Punches (which is what Murata releases online), are updates. The volumes collect multiple updates into chapters. Some updates are large enough to be chapters on their own, but a lot aren't.