• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is somewhat headcanon but I feel like there’s no reason to assume that Saitama’s special attacks don’t have a fixed strength. Monster garou survivint consecutive normal punches when boros got ripped apart is consistent, serious punch one shotting collapsing star boros and being taken by cosmic Garou’s consistent too

This is somewhat headcanon but I feel like there’s no reason to assume that Saitama’s special attacks don’t have a fixed strength. Monster garou survivint consecutive normal punches when boros got ripped apart is consistent, serious punch one shotting collapsing star boros and being taken by cosmic Garou’s consistent too
His serious series also have different strength. The one that defeated Boros is High 6-A, the one that defeated EC is 7-B, the one that defeated ENO is 5-C, and the ones that went against Garou are 4-A
One Normal Punch could one-shot Orochi (High 6-A). Another Normal Punch didn't one-shot Post-SC Garou (6-A+)
If we do a bigger research I think there are even more examples of this variable power

His serious series also have different strength. The one that defeated Boros is High 6-A
The parting of the clouds was High 6A, which doesn't account for the high upward angle of the attack. The High 6A is just what was left.
the one that defeated EC is 7-B,
Ehh. I mean he disintegrated the character along his entire multi kilometer body length. Also personally I support the idea of 6B scaling from FF, so this argument means even less to me.
the one that defeated ENO is 5-C, and the ones that went against Garou are 4-A
I mean occasional inconsistencies happen all the time though. Plenty of Genos' City Level attacks do building level damage 90% of the time. I wouldn't say that proves the attacks AP actually varies that much.
One Normal Punch could one-shot Orochi (High 6-A). Another Normal Punch didn't one-shot Post-SC Garou (6-A+)
I can't access those links, could you tell me the chapter of the Garou one?

The serious punch Saitama did against Boros is far weaker than the one against Garou as it did less damage to the surrounding area, but also it being stated by Boros Saitama was still holding back the entire time
Yeah also something to note is that Saitama could have just been straight up lying about using a Serious Punch to Boros so he would feel better, though I admit this is pretty much unprovable either way.

Tbf, I feel that the difference between Serious Punch and Normal Punch is not the strength used, but the state of mind Saitama had when he used such punch.

For example, while fighting Gouketsu, Suiryu asked Saitama if Gouketsu was strong for him, but he said he defeated Gouketsu with one punch, and he couldn't see the difference between him and the other monsters he one-shots.

However, after being stressed because he lost infinite times against King and went to beat the shit out of Elder Centipede, Saitama used a Serious Punch against EC, despite (at least on the wiki) EC being weaker than Gouketsu.

This may be the reason about why he didn't use serious punches against Garou, who's stronger than Boros: because he wanted to dignify Boros' death with a punch that is actually "serious", meanwhile, against Garou, he was just playing and didn't mean to kill nor severally damage him. Despite the normal punches used against Garou are stronger than the serious punch used against Boros.

The serious punch Saitama did against Boros is far weaker than the one against Garou as it did less damage to the surrounding area, but also it being stated by Boros Saitama was still holding back the entire time
Boros didn’t say he was holding back the entire time, he just said it wasn’t even a fight, something very different. The moment Saitama DID get serious, Boros obviously got one shot through his roaring cannon and regen negated
And besides, you can be not holding back but that doesn’t mean you’re at your 100% power. And it’s also most likely that Saitama’s AD activated after he said “it’s almost a real fight” and showed a clear upsurge in emotion with that line, which would explain why he had strength to spare
Saitama did indeed go serious against boros, since Saitama’s more casual punches were already ripping apart high 6-A boros repeatedly, and the serious punch obviously transcended that power

I mean look at the blast that caused the feat vs the blast that sent them to Io. That thin beam is like 1/100th of the attack.
Those 2 blast happened because Blast and his squad contended Serious Punches so it didn't hit the Earth. The original consequences may be even greater.

Also, answering to the other things:
Ehh. I mean he disintegrated the character along his entire multi kilometer body length. Also personally I support the idea of 6B scaling from FF, so this argument means even less to me.
6-B and High 6-A is a way big gap to say the punches don't vary in strength
I mean occasional inconsistencies happen all the time though. Plenty of Genos' City Level attacks do building level damage 90% of the time. I wouldn't say that proves the attacks AP actually varies that much.
Bro... are you comparing the gap between a building and a mountain with the gap between a Moon and many solar systems at lightyears of distance?

Boros didn’t say he was holding back the entire time, he just said it wasn’t even a fight, something very different. The moment Saitama DID get serious, Boros obviously got one shot through his roaring cannon and regen negated
And besides, you can be not holding back but that doesn’t mean you’re at your 100% power. And it’s also most likely that Saitama’s AD activated after he said “it’s almost a real fight” and showed a clear upsurge in emotion with that line, which would explain why he had strength to spare
Saitama did indeed go serious against boros, since Saitama’s more casual punches were already ripping apart high 6-A boros repeatedly, and the serious punch obviously transcended that power
Yeah I'm, (in my headcanon), sure that "he took damage" title was legit and then Saitama's AD went off the charts.

Bro... are you comparing the gap between a building and a mountain with the gap between a Moon and many solar systems at lightyears of distance?
No, I'm just saying we have to acknowledge that there's no way Saitama's Serious Punches could be doing accurate 4A damage in the story without destroying the planet, so it doesn't ean we can't scale him. I was more giving an example

Yeah I'm, (in my headcanon), sure that "he took damage" title was legit and then Saitama's AD went off the charts.
Tbf, if Saitama was just as strong as Released Boros, Boros wouldn't have said his energy was ummeasurable.

And if he really took damage there and then his AD started to work (which would be good because it'd mean he went from full power High 6-A to full power 4-A in the exent of days with no fight, something that proofs or is even greater than VGS feat), it would contradict him saying he hasn't experimented a good fight, that he thinks he can't grow any stronger, etc.

No, I'm just saying we have to acknowledge that there's no way Saitama's Serious Punches could be doing accurate 4A damage in the story without destroying the planet, so it doesn't ean we can't scale him. I was more giving an example
I mean, it's not inconsistence. It's just that Saitama punches vary in power. Trying to say that one serious punch causing no damage, other serious punch causing High 6-A damage to the atmosphere, other serious punch causing Moon Level damage, and other punch destroying a bunch of stars is "drawing inconsistence" is too much.

Tbf, if Saitama was just as strong as Released Boros, Boros wouldn't have said his energy was ummeasurable.
Well he also said his energy was immesureable lol.
And if he really took damage there and then his AD started to work (which would be good because it'd mean he went from full power High 6-A to full power 4-A in the exent of days with no fight, something that proofs or is even greater than VGS feat), it would contradict him saying he hasn't experimented a good fight, that he thinks he can't grow any stronger, etc.
I mean there are source books that say Boros could destroy stars, so it's not impossible. Also, maybe Boros only did a very minor amount of damage so Saitama didn't really notice the power growth. In other words, Saitama >>> Released Boros, then Released Boros "does damage", and Saitama becomes >>>>> Released Boros, then when he goes into Meteoric Burst he's << Saitama. This makes him almost a real fight, and then the small damage Saitama takes from that makes him >> CSRC.
I mean, it's not inconsistence. It's just that Saitama punches vary in power. Trying to say that one serious punch causing no damage, other serious punch causing High 6-A damage to the atmosphere, other serious punch causing Moon Level damage, and other punch destroying a bunch of stars is "drawing inconsistence" is too much.
The destruction is inconsistent, I get it. But by this same logic nobody can actually scale to Goku's attacks because they're too inconsistent. one minute they're doing High 3A damage and about to destroy the universe, and the next there are no shockwaves at all.

Well he also said his energy was immesureable lol.
I doubt he couldn't measure an energy equal/weaker to his
I mean there are source books that say Boros could destroy stars, so it's not impossible.
Misstranslation because the kanji of stars and planet is the same
Also, maybe Boros only did a very minor amount of damage so Saitama didn't really notice the power growth. In other words, Saitama >>> Released Boros, then Released Boros "does damage", and Saitama becomes >>>>> Released Boros, then when he goes into Meteoric Burst he's << Saitama. This makes him almost a real fight, and then the small damage Saitama takes from that makes him >> CSRC.
Saitama's exponential growth is based on his emotions. And after receiving the hit that "did damage", Saitama was bored, asking Boros if that was all and to stop his talking. And Saitama saying it was "almost as a real fight" was because he got BFR'd to the Moon, and he thought he may not be able to come back.

And, anyways, Saitama growing here contradicts Boros not noticing Saitama's growth, Boros saying Saitama had strong to spare, Saitama talking to King about how he did not feel nothing by fighting for so long and that he couldn't grow any stronger, etc. If Saitama was forced to 100% there, he would've noticed that.
The destruction is inconsistent, I get it. But by this same logic nobody can actually scale to Goku's attacks because they're too inconsistent. one minute they're doing High 3A damage and about to destroy the universe, and the next there are no shockwaves at all.
Don't compare it. Ki Control is something that existed for years in DB, something that does not exist in OPM.

What's the feat that happen during Saitama and Tatsu fight that can be turn into something huge in manga
What if Tatsumaki vs Saitama don't happen in the manga?

Maybe Saitama and Tatsumaki passing through the city and killing a Dragon Threat in the process, or the Tornado Tatsumaki created that was treated as a Dragon Level thread for the Association.

It'd be cool seeing Tatsumaki launching Saitama to the space and him coming back, or Tatsumaki taking Saitama to the underground to talk with Fubuki but this Time she took him to the core of the Earth

Don't compare it. Ki Control is something that existed for years in DB, something that does not exist in OPM.
Bro the whole "ki control controls shockwave size" is such a myth. Ki control exists, but just how they use their abilities/transform. In fact while debating someone about this they showed me a description of one of Vegeta's ki attacks that specifically says he liked the attack for numerous reasons, one of which was that that attack's radius could be changed to his will. It's a unique property of 1 attack.

Also I'm talking about shockwaves from punches connecting to each other, which would have nothing to do with ki control.

And regardless of if that's a good example or not, my point should just be self evident. Infinity Ultron is Low 2C, and yet he doesn't destroy every universe he fights in.

This doesn't prove that different 4-A, 5-C, High 6-A and 7-B punches have the same strength, just because they share the same name. Nor counters the point of Saitama saying he cannot grow anymore/don't enjoy the fights, nor justify why Saitama used a suposed 4-A full power attack against a 7-B character, etc.

And those are other verses, not OPM.

the AP vs DP discrepancy is still in opm, since the shockwaves of saitama beating the shit out of garou didn't just incinerate io
the cloud splitting is a completely obsolete feat and can't be used as an anti feat for this reason

So, according to you, a Saitama bloodlusted because of the death of his friend punched with the same strength as a Saitama who just was annoyed because he lost against King at a videogame?

no, no and no.
again you saying that a 4-a character is going serious agaisnt a high 6-a one? 😭

What's the feat that happen during Saitama and Tatsu fight that can be turn into something huge in manga
tatsumaki shaking the planet while throwing saitama to the ground and saitama having 0% damages, or something like tatsumaki throwing saitama to the moon and destroying it and revealing god's corpse (or body idk)

Back