• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I might get crucified for this, but I would do anything to see the webcomic with Murata's art, with ZERO changes to the plot. Sure, the webcomic didn't have perfect writing, but it was still leagues above the shit we got in the manga. The manga MA arc started off okay, but towards the end it got really bad
Eh, zero changes from the webcomic wouldn’t really be so great.

The webcomic, and I’m really gonna get crucified for this, really wasn’t that spectacular. Very poor pacing, or random or completely bad choices done as well as a lack of development for many many characters compared to the manga. Mostly through some small scenes or dialogues that really add to the characters. Looking through it, the manga essentially has 99% of things the webcomic has pertaining the MA’s entire arc with the differences only really piling up the end. To varying degrees of success I’d say. Overall the manga certainly did better than the webcomic for total characterization, pacing, or outright story telling.

Especially right before Garou entered the MA. Man literally went from Tank Top Master to Death Gattlinng in 1 chapter and it way less dynamic or interesting compared to the manga’s slower and more methodical approach.

It was mostly Garou’s characterization towards the end that was the big issue for the manga since there are more definitely problems there and 100% things the webcomic did much better in that regard. But overall I found the majority of the characters in the manga, Garou included, to be more well developed and have WAY better character dynamics than in the webcomic.

Yeah, I have to agree. Metal Bat and co are very side-lined for a significant portion of the story.

Moments like Mumen Rider thanking Saitama, and Sweet Mask ranking up Saitama don't exist in the wc.

The story begins to get far better pacing and story telling right after Garou is almost killed and begins to monsterise.

Yeah, I have to agree. Metal Bat and co are very side-lined for a significant portion of the story.

Moments like Mumen Rider thanking Saitama, and Sweet Mask ranking up Saitama don't exist in the wc.

The story begins to get far better pacing and story telling right after Garou is almost killed and begins to monsterise.
One thing also missing in the manga is Amai Mask talking to Genos after he got promoted to S Class, it was a great anime adition that basically explains better why Amai Mask said Genos was a disappointment until then

Although a bit overkill, I believe he wasn't that wrong

One thing also missing in the manga is Amai Mask talking to Genos after he got promoted to S Class, it was a great anime adition that basically explains better why Amai Mask said Genos was a disappointment until then

Although a bit overkill, I believe he wasn't that wrong
S1 anime only scenes and extra dialogue manage to fix the pacing issues of the manga early on, which was a problem that came from directly adapting the webcomic without changing anything, it's why it still is one of the best anime adaptations of a manga ever made.

S1 anime only scenes and extra dialogue manage to fix the pacing issues of the manga early on, which was a problem that came from directly adapting the webcomic without changing anything, it's why it still is one of the best anime adaptations of a manga ever made.
Yeah, that Season 1 is just so well made, Amai Mask's additions are a good example of a good work. I still watch some episodes even after all these years, my country's dub also helps a lot as it made the jokes similar to what they use here

So what idea does everyone like better?

Garou's tiering and stats being labeled with varies and higher?

example:

Multi-Solar System level (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), varies with Power Mimicry, higher with Reactive Evolution (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2])

example 2:

Multi-Solar System level (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), varies with Power Mimicry (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2]), higher with Reactive Evolution

Or Garou's tiering and stats being labeled with just higher? (The originally proposed idea in the CRT)

example:

Multi-Solar System level (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), higher with Power Mimicry and Reactive Evolution (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2])

I don't mind either but I wanted your guy's input.

Last edited:
This looks best.
Out of these two, which is better?

example:

Multi-Solar System level (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), varies with Power Mimicry, higher with Reactive Evolution (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2])

example 2:

Multi-Solar System level (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), varies with Power Mimicry (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2]), higher with Reactive Evolution

So what idea does everyone like better?

Garou's tiering and stats being labeled with varies and higher?

example:

example 2:

Or Garou's tiering and stats being labeled with just higher? (The originally proposed idea in the CRT)

example:

Multi-Solar System level (Copied and evenly matched Saitama's Serious Punch, generating an explosion that annihilated millions of stars[3]), higher with Power Mimicry and Reactive Evolution (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2])

I don't mind either but I wanted your guy's input.
Varies would be the more correct one here, although garou can’t get weaker via mimicry it’s still varying since he could technically be any finite AP if he fights someone with higher AP than him

Out of these two, which is better?

example:

example 2:

I think they both work. I think the second one is slightly better, as it shows him copying exponential growth.

Eh, zero changes from the webcomic wouldn’t really be so great.

The webcomic, and I’m really gonna get crucified for this, really wasn’t that spectacular. Very poor pacing, or random or completely bad choices done as well as a lack of development for many many characters compared to the manga. Mostly through some small scenes or dialogues that really add to the characters. Looking through it, the manga essentially has 99% of things the webcomic has pertaining the MA’s entire arc with the differences only really piling up the end. To varying degrees of success I’d say. Overall the manga certainly did better than the webcomic for total characterization, pacing, or outright story telling.

Especially right before Garou entered the MA. Man literally went from Tank Top Master to Death Gattlinng in 1 chapter and it way less dynamic or interesting compared to the manga’s slower and more methodical approach.

It was mostly Garou’s characterization towards the end that was the big issue for the manga since there are more definitely problems there and 100% things the webcomic did much better in that regard. But overall I found the majority of the characters in the manga, Garou included, to be more well developed and have WAY better character dynamics than in the webcomic.
For the majority of the MA arc, I prefer the manga's writing. But towards the end of the arc, the manga's writing became quite bad while the webcomic was pretty decent in comparison. I really liked the way Awakened Garou beat up the S-Class while Saitama was watching. I was waiting to see that fight with Murata's art for a good 6 years, but instead we got Garou giving everyone cancer and then ******* fighting Saitama on Jupiter's moon. That was wack

So here's a question, do you think it's possible that Garou's GRB knocked Saitama out? It's pretty clear he wasn't launched off planet and was just stuck in some rubble.

I think they both work. I think the second one is slightly better, as it shows him copying exponential growth.
"higher with Reactive Evolution (Grew exponentially in power while mimicking Saitama[2])"

This wasn't because of RE, but because Garou was just spam copying Saitama, and as Saitama was growing exponentially stronger, then copying him made Garou stronger because he's copying that power.
This version is better.
Corrected

Also please mention if you prefer this version in the CRT so we can get that over with. I can't see how Recon can deal with constantly needing to bump a thread

I only see 6-C fubuki for now since her TK control is weak compared to the others. But it might change depending on how one would do fubuki's character and powers in the next arc.

can someone give the scan/chapter in which garou's limiter breaks? this is important
also I'd like to have a compile of all the information about limiters as well

I dunno if we are really getting upgrades for the Tier 6s, there are some good fights but they don't seem to be that serious in causing destruction, unless Saitama Vs Ninja Leader happens on screen or something

One fight that I kinda already expect to lack feats is Amai Mask Vs Pesky Clown, since it's, you know, in the middle of other poeple and they can't nuke things -_-

However, I wonder if Amai Mask's arc will use Iaian and Do-S, what you guys think ? Maybe Do-S even plays Pesky Clown's part

Back