• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
will saitama get Acausality, because his future self has merged with his past self, Acausality type 1 or 2 for example?
page_75.png

Oh. I had read it in some revision blog. If I find it, I'll link it.
It was based on an audiobook where Genos' adoptive dad made a virtual reality heroes can train in.
Ig it's outdated?
Not really. We use it for some of our profiles here.

The problem with it is that it simply isn't true.

G (thinking): This enemy has power unlike anything Saitama sensei has ever faced, he will be forced into a hard battle against his own ghost… sensei has been down since yesterday putting holes in his wall, is this a bad time? Will not being able to one punch his ghost affect him mentally? What if a defeated sensei loses his mojo and retire as hero? This is a huge, putting sensei in such danger in order to satisfy my curiosity...no, I have to explain to sensei what I’m getting him into…

Genos: Sensei...!! The enemy you are about to fight is-

boom

Genos: Sen… sei… I was too late...

Saitama: What?

Genos: Please excuse me, I failed to let you know beforehand…

Genos: Your current enemy was, yesterday’s Saitama Sensei…

Saitama: Oh, was that so?

Genos: As such, even though Saitama Sensei lost, it was against himself at full power, please don’t mind it too much…

Saitama: Nope, it was over in One Punch.

Genos: Yes… eh? You... you won?

Saitama: Obviously. Why would I lose to yesterday’s me?

extensive scribbling

Saitama: H- Hey… What are you writing down in the memo?

Genos nods to himself

Genos: However, that you won in one punch, that’s incomprehensible.

Genos: Sensei is far more powerful today than he was yesterday… is that even possible?

Saitama: It’s just unreliable simulated data right?

Genos: No but-

Saitama: GENOS!

Genos: Yes!?

Serious Saitama: It doesn’t matter how strong you become in the virtual world, it will never change who you are in real life. I learned this lesson the hard way as a kid when I was so obsessed with leveling up in an RPG I missed my entire summer holiday.

Saitama: Now enough virtual reality... GO FIX THE WALL!

Genos: Ye… Yes!
As simulated data Saitama viewed the simulation as unreliable. This is actually consistent. The virtual machine also failed to capture Zombie Man's and Metal Bat's special capabilities.

It was based on an audiobook where Genos' adoptive dad made a virtual reality heroes can train in.

Not really. We use it for some of our profiles here.

The problem with it is that it simply isn't true.

As simulated data Saitama viewed the simulation as unreliable. This is actually consistent. The virtual machine also failed to capture Zombie Man's and Metal Bat's special capabilities.
Does the simulation lowball or downgrade the other character's abilities? And, if it's wrong, why is it being used?

Tbf, it's not the same. The virtual machine failed to represent special abilities from Metal Bat (idk about Zombieman tbf), but not their base strength. It can be argued he just can't simulate MB's willpower/ability to survive to damage his body can't withstand, so, as the machine can't simulate such ability and found MB received more damage his body can withstand, it take him out of the simulation

If the machine couldn't capture Saitama's yesterday strength because it was too big and it had to be lowered to something it can comprehend, it is incoherent it can capture Saitama's today strength at a way greater degree, high enough to one-shot his previous day self.

will saitama get Acausality, because his future self has merged with his past self, Acausality type 1 or 2 for example?
page_75.png
They were forcefully merged together specifically because the future Saitama existing was a time paradox. Considering how current Saitama has no memories of the alternate future, he was probably more so erased than actually fused with the current Saitama. It would be some form of acausality if Saitama was unaffected by the paradox existing, but the forceful assimilation is actually proof that Saitama is not acausal, and very much is still bound by cause and effect. What happened isn't much different from if future Saitama just ceased to exist.

An argument could be made that Saitama has a form of limited acausality seeing as he could hit Garou and last a brief time frame before it began. But certainly not just blatant acausality.

Tbf, it's not the same. The virtual machine failed to represent special abilities from Metal Bat (idk about Zombieman tbf), but not their base strength. It can be argued he just can't simulate MB's willpower/ability to survive to damage his body can't withstand, so, as the machine can't simulate such ability and found MB received more damage his body can withstand, it take him out of the simulation

If the machine couldn't capture Saitama's yesterday strength because it was too big and it had to be lowered to something it can comprehend, it is incoherent it can capture Saitama's today strength at a way greater degree, high enough to one-shot his previous day self.
The reason it failed to take into consideration Saitama's strength is not necessarily because it was too big, which though can be argued is kind of baseless, but because of the entire way the machine operates. It basically downloads the data Genos gains and inputs it into a program.

This is what I meant when I said the arguments Saitama made are consistent. The flaws in the system is based on the inherent bias Genos' data contains and thus can never totally reflect reality regardless if it's special abilities or base strength.

The reason it failed to take into consideration Saitama's strength is not necessarily because it was too big, which though can be argued is kind of baseless, but because of the entire way the machine operates. It basically downloads the data Genos gains and inputs it into a program.

This is what I meant when I said the arguments Saitama made are consistent. The flaws in the system is based on the inherent bias Genos' data contains and thus can never totally reflect reality regardless if it's special abilities or base strength.
Shadow Saitama appeared after Saitama fought at the machine, Genos himself was surprised by the apparition of Saitama at the machine, implying it has nothing to do with him

The most obvious reasonment is that the machine used the data it recollected by manifestating true Saitama at the virtual world to re-create a shadow clone of him.

and the possibility of getting acausality type 2 as well because the future and past saitama merged into 1, with this we only need the feats that saitama only exists in the present

so people wanted to know just how powerful would Saitama's punch would be if compared to serious sneeze. It is a fun game for thought so i'll try it out.
A sneeze is 4.5 m/s. A sneeze is basically you inhaling air and the sneezing it out with your mucus and so let's use that. People say that you inhale about 600ml of air in one breath or 0.0006m^3. The density is 1.225 kg/m^3 so 1.225*0.0006 is 0.000735kg. This gives us an estimate of approximately 0.00744188 joules. Experts can deliver punches that are 400 joules of energy. This gives us a difference of 53749.8589066x. Now for the serious sneeze. The serious sneeze is 1.45*10^42 joules
meaning that the punch would be 7.7937295e+46 joules or 4-B

so people wanted to know just how powerful would Saitama's punch would be if compared to serious sneeze. It is a fun game for thought so i'll try it out.
A sneeze is 4.5 m/s. A sneeze is basically you inhaling air and the sneezing it out with your mucus and so let's use that. People say that you inhale about 600ml of air in one breath or 0.0006m^3. The density is 1.225 kg/m^3 so 1.225*0.0006 is 0.000735kg. This gives us an estimate of approximately 0.00744188 joules. Experts can deliver punches that are 400 joules of energy. This gives us a difference of 53749.8589066x. Now for the serious sneeze. The serious sneeze is 1.45*10^42 joules
meaning that the punch would be 7.7937295e+46 joules or 4-B
But the sneeze shown in the Manga is obviously faster, as it reaches Jupiter from Io in an instant.

But the sneeze shown in the Manga is obviously faster, as it reaches Jupiter from Io in an instant.
That would be accounted for in the serious sneeze's own calculation though.

This is a theoretical scaling based on how much stronger Saitama's punch would be compared to the calculation of the serious sneeze if the differences are likened to that of normal humans.

Thier is no small galaxy tier so Saitama should get a 4A 3C possibly 3B rating
Iam talking about galaxy tier because of the size of void thier are galaxy exist that size is same as that void we can't just scale a character based on just our galaxy size milky Way cause thier are far more smaller galaxy exist which literally so smaller then milky Way

We can easily get a 3C Saitama very easily since thier is no tier as small galaxy or large galaxy all galaxy are counted same so 3C Saitama seems pretty fine to me and possibly 3B because we are just assuming that void destroyed more then just one galaxy billions of stars cause we can't see anything in that directions

Since Garou surpassed Saitama's earlier levels does this mean he could've had a shot at winning if Saitama weren't having an upsurge of emotions from Genos' death?

No, he only grew that much because he was copying Saitama’s growth. That was the whole point. It wasn’t just that Saitama was outgrowing him, it was that Garou could only match him a set time interval after he’d copied him before (which would have to be Saitama’s punches since Garou can only copy strength that has existed in the universe before). This was why it was important that the curve was exponential, if it wasn’t then Garou wouldn’t have been at risk; however because the curve was constantly getting steeper the delay meant that the gap between Saitama and Garou would keep widening over time, so that Saitama would eventually become strong enough to one shot Garou (cause funnily enough Saitama never actually did get to a level 7.5x beyond Garou).

It's kinda weird Saitama said he didn't feel anything in his fight with Garou on 167 but then suddenly is getting stronger due to emotion even though it kinda seems like he returns to being completely playful and kinda his normal self at the moment of the sneeze which continues until the end of the chapter.

Didn't earlier translations of the graph page say he was just growing from fighting someone comparable to him rather than it being based on emotions?

If not, possible explanations could be that:

A) Saitama returns to his emotionless nonchalant normal self the moment he reaches a level far beyond his opponent.

B) Saitama has a funny way of showing his emotion (Unlikely considering how he was acting post-Genut and pre-sneeze)

C) ONErata forgor 💀 Saitama was supposed to be angry

D) Saitama easily lets things go

E) There was possibly a mistranslation of the graph page

If A or D is true, Garou should've been able to copy Satiama's power post-sneeze since Saitama would no longer be exponentially outgrowing him due to emotion, shouldn't he?
Lol he wasn’t being playful or anything, he was taunting Garou cause he hated him. He only decided to spare Garou cause he saw Tareo’s dead body.

It could be possible that Saitama’s durability is way higher than his overall strength, or he could be straight up invulnerable.

Even when the graph showed Garou and Saitama as equals, Garou could never actually harm him, whereas Saitama could certainly harm Garou and absolutely bully him.

No, he only grew that much because he was copying Saitama’s growth. That was the whole point. It wasn’t just that Saitama was outgrowing him, it was that Garou could only match him a set time interval after he’d copied him before (which would have to be Saitama’s punches since Garou can only copy strength that has existed in the universe before).
As seen in dots 3, 4 and 6-7 on the graph Garou was not just matching him, but becoming stronger than Saitama's previous limits.

Garou doesn't just copy powers and abilities but also builds on them.

It could be possible that Saitama’s durability is way higher than his overall strength, or he could be straight up invulnerable.

Even when the graph showed Garou and Saitama as equals, Garou could never actually harm him, whereas Saitama could certainly harm Garou and absolutely bully him.
Apparently, he bled from the nose. Even if there are people who say that he was talking about his clothes.

Back