• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Since Garou surpassed Saitama's earlier levels does this mean he could've had a shot at winning if Saitama weren't having an upsurge of emotions from Genos' death?

RULE OF THUMB: NEVER DEBATE ANYBODY ELSE OUTSIDE OF THIS SITE. IT DESTROYS YOUR MENTAL HEALTH ACROSS ALL REGARDS.
The argument in question is particularly tame to require this kind of response. The feat is small star level and Kaguya's TSBs are Large Star level with existence erasure on a space-time level so it's not crazy that someone thinks that the serious sneeze can't be compared to the franchise.

Since Garou surpassed Saitama's earlier levels does this mean he could've had a shot at winning if Saitama weren't having an upsurge of emotions from Genos' death?

saitama would probably feel emotion just from finding someone strong enough to match him, like how he was able to one shot subterraneans after a few moments of them being able to hurt him because he finally felt a real fight
actually now that I think about it, saitama would've gotten stronger just from the emotions of having that dream lmao

saitama would probably feel emotion just from finding someone strong enough to match him, like how he was able to one shot subterraneans after a few moments of them being able to hurt him because he finally felt a real fight
actually now that I think about it, saitama would've gotten stronger just from the emotions of having that dream lmao
the problem is iirc Saitama was like "I got what I wanted, but I don't feel excited...". Pretty sure 99% of the emotions he was experiencing for this powerup was anger and rage.

Against Garou it was just powerful negative emotions like rage and grief. If he found a worthy opponent and they had a sparring session (a.k.a Saitama in DB verse fanfictions) he would feel happyness, excitement, etc. It probably depends more on how much of said emotion he feels as opposed to what specific emotion he feels, if we assume it's similar to mob psycho.

Guys I told Seth that Saitama’s Serious Sneeze seriously Solos Naruto
And he was like “nooooo the truth seeking orb” or whatever
I need you guys to back me up here
Why did you even decide to debate Seth lmao

RULE OF THUMB: NEVER DEBATE ANYBODY ELSE OUTSIDE OF THIS SITE. IT DESTROYS YOUR MENTAL HEALTH ACROSS ALL REGARDS.
Based

It's kinda weird Saitama said he didn't feel anything in his fight with Garou on 167 but then suddenly is getting stronger due to emotion even though it kinda seems like he returns to being completely playful and kinda his normal self at the moment of the sneeze which continues until the end of the chapter.

Didn't earlier translations of the graph page say he was just growing from fighting someone comparable to him rather than it being based on emotions?

If not, possible explanations could be that:

A) Saitama returns to his emotionless nonchalant normal self the moment he reaches a level far beyond his opponent.

B) Saitama has a funny way of showing his emotion (Unlikely considering how he was acting post-Genut and pre-sneeze)

C) ONErata forgor 💀 Saitama was supposed to be angry

D) Saitama easily lets things go

E) There was possibly a mistranslation of the graph page

If A or D is true, Garou should've been able to copy Satiama's power post-sneeze since Saitama would no longer be exponentially outgrowing him due to emotion, shouldn't he?

It's kinda weird Saitama said he didn't feel anything in his fight with Garou on 167 but then suddenly is getting stronger due to emotion even though it kinda seems like he returns to being completely playful and kinda his normal self at the moment of the sneeze which continues until the end of the chapter.

Didn't earlier translations of the graph page say he was just growing from fighting someone comparable to him rather than it being based on emotions?
Saitama didn't say he felt nothing iirc, he just said he wasn't excited. The humor thing was a weird tone shift, but also plenty of people use humor as coping mechanisms when they're scared, uncertain, angry, etc.

Probably not, Garou was just copying his level as they came but his reactive evolution was still much further than Garou's.
Garou said his copying was all about perfecting and surpassing the original iirc. Which is why i assume some of his points are slightly ahead of Saitama's

Back