• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not that it’s relevant to my original point to begin with
Maverick inquired whether, if Saitama's strong emotions didn't make him more powerful, if Garou would have defeated him.

That was the question.

Your comment, which stated that Garou's strength to the degree shown was due to just copying Saitama's power, not only doesn't answer the question in a proper fashion and thus is meaningless as Saitama's growth wasn't taken into consideration in the question but in fact was completely removed from the equation, but also wrong.

Since Garou not only copies people but also increases the power of what he copies with his own efforts, even if he didn't grow to that extent he still would have won which is the actual, relevant question.

4-A was agreed on.
I have a question on this. Is it possible if Saitama's 4-A tier could be multiplied by 2 post amp? When the fight first started, Garou was able to tank thousands of bloodlusted attacks from Saitama. After Saitama's permanent amp, he traveled to the past and oneshot Cosmic Garou with a casual punch. Shouldn't that mean he is, at the absolute minimum, 2x stronger than himself pre amp?

Hello wonderful people! It's been a while since I've seen this thread and I'm certainly not going to read more than 30 pages of discussion, so could someone summarize for me what happened?

I have a question on this. Is it possible if Saitama's 4-A tier could be multiplied by 2 post Cosmic Garou? When the fight first started, Garou was able to tank thousands of bloodlusted attacks from Saitama. After Saitama's permanent amp, he traveled to the past and oneshot cosmic Garou. Shouldn't that mean he is, at the absolute minimum, 2x stronger than he was when the fight started?
Saitama was never trying to kill Garou. So, I don't think he had any bloodlust.

X to doubt. Might've would be more appropriate here.
If you think otherwise please give your reason. Otherwise I see no reason to change it as it was an opinionated question anyway.
And that isn't phrased properly as a question, so it's a bit confusing.
The user was commenting on Maverick's graph comment. That was the question I was referring to.

Since Garou surpassed Saitama's earlier levels does this mean he could've had a shot at winning if Saitama weren't having an upsurge of emotions from Genos' death?

Saitama was almost certainly bloodlusted lmao
He, himself, states he never tried to kill him because it was the kid's final request.

bloodlust /ˈblʌdˌlʌst/ noun
Britannica Dictionary definition of BLOODLUST
[noncount]

: the desire to kill or to see people killed
  • soldiers inflamed by bloodlust

If you think otherwise please give your reason. Otherwise I see no reason to change it as it was an opinionated question anyway.
As others have already stated, there could've been other reasons for him to fight. To assume that he would sit around twiddling his thumbs and not grow (especially since he was stronger than Garou when it all began), even if from the fear of death, would be disingenuous.

Meanwhile Saitama is the fastest character in the series by a wide margin and gets hit by characters far slower than him all the time due to being casual
He actually lets it happen though. He wants to see what his opponent can do.
then do it again, i'll surely support you.
i hate lowballs
I will once I find the OG thread with the evidence in it.
It was pretty much one of the members of the monster association saying that rank in the association was directly linked to raw, destructive, power, which would scale characters to at least Mountain Level. Now that I think about it, maybe even Low 6B seeing as Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind were Cadre level.

Maverick inquired whether, if Saitama's strong emotions didn't make him more powerful, if Garou would have defeated him.

That was the question.

Your comment, which stated that Garou's strength to the degree shown was due to just copying Saitama's power, not only doesn't answer the question in a proper fashion and thus is meaningless as Saitama's growth wasn't taken into consideration in the question but in fact was completely removed from the equation, but also wrong.

Since Garou not only copies people but also increases the power of what he copies with his own efforts, even if he didn't grow to that extent he still would have won which is the actual, relevant question.

Tough week buddy?

The reason I commented was because Mav specifically pointed to the fact that Garou became 65x stronger than Saitama at the beginning of the fight in a short time frame, my point was that he only became that strong cause he was copying Saitama and went into detail about how this fit into the fight. This is something that I’m allowed to respond to and comment on lol cause the actual question was “using this argument is this conclusion justified?” not “is this conclusion justified?”.

Anyway in relation to the aCTuAl QUesTioN I’d just argue that the statement you linked is only referring to skill and not only does Saitama upscale in terms of skill copying, he also upscales via casual reactive evolution anyway (since he’s clearly shown to have broken his limiter to a greater extent than Garou).

Last edited:
The reason I commented was because Mav specifically pointed to the fact that Garou became 65x stronger than Saitama at the beginning of the fight in a short time frame, my point was that he only became that strong cause he was copying Saitama and went into detail about how this fit into the fight. This is something that I’m allowed to respond to and comment on lol cause the actual question was “using this argument is this conclusion justified?” not “is this conclusion justified?”.
Fair.
Anyway in relation to the aCTuAl QUesTioN I’d just argue that the statement you linked is only referring to skill
Then take this better one. Refinement of power, not just skill. Garou always meant to outperform Saitama, not just match him.
he also upscales via casual reactive evolution anyway (since he’s clearly shown to have broken his limiter to a greater extent than Garou).
Scaling like that doesn't really make sense since Garou's limiter wasn't really mentioned as a factor of the fight. He was mostly relying on god's power,

It was pretty much one of the members of the monster association saying that rank in the association was directly linked to raw, destructive, power, which would scale characters to at least Mountain Level. Now that I think about it, maybe even Low 6B seeing as Hellfire Flame and Gale Wind were Cadre level.
Well, there's this but it specifically states that any references to raw power as a means of ranking is not supported so....

I like the Therefir version, but it does not take into account the Jupiter core, which was not affected. The Dwarf Star version takes this point into account, but the timeframe is too low.
If the sneeze was FTL (which it probably was), then would that calculation make sense?

Hello wonderful people! It's been a while since I've seen this thread and I'm certainly not going to read more than 30 pages of discussion, so could someone summarize for me what happened?
Nothing out of ordinary. It is back and forth about whether the new feat is 4-A or higher, whether Blast scales to the explosion speed of Serious Punch^2 or not, and new abilities. Here is the incomplete sandbox if you want to see it.

I feel like Saitama should be far higher via Accelerated Development because by the end of the fight he had reached a level that could no longer be compared with anyone. The way it's written (just how the tier would be written) as of now makes it seem like Garou and Saitama are on par, when they aren't.

Honestly I don’t see how Saitama having limited acausality is up for debate since he literally was able to paradoxically punch Garou and it’s directly acknowledged
I also don’t see how it’s up for debate that he’s still able to have non limited acausal, since he literally disappears after touching his past self who doesn’t remember any of the future

Honestly I don’t see how Saitama having limited acausality is up for debate since he literally was able to paradoxically punch Garou and it’s directly acknowledged
Would the direct acknowledgement differentiate this from other cases of time travel where someone did something they didn't do in the first iteration of the timeline?

They specifically say the punch was unavoidable.
I see that this was mentioned in the context of the reversal of causality and a visual depiction of that spot in the night sky shortly after Saitama punched the Garou from the past. How exactly does unavoidability relate to Acausality?

can anyone calculate how much AP will be gained from this Nuclear Fission Garou gravity knuckle attack? The achievement is too big to ignore in my opinion
page_30.png

I see that this was mentioned in the context of the reversal of causality and a visual depiction of that spot in the night sky shortly after Saitama punched the Garou from the past. How exactly does unavoidability relate to Acausality?
Did you read the manga? Here's the page.

Did you read the manga? Here's the page.
That's the very page that I looked up to verify what you said about unavoidability and am referencing in the very comment from me you quoted. Which type of Acausality are you even talking about here?

Back