• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
a63.jpg

Imagine if some kind of opposite of a miracle happens and the movie becomes a sucess and causes Marvel to buy Saitama and star him as an avenger who's just like hulk but bald and then it's revealed he's the Ancient One's younger brother who followed the path of the body instead of the path of the soul.
No way is letting the mouse gain a hold of OPM a good thing 💀

Imagine if some kind of opposite of a miracle happens and the movie becomes a sucess and causes Marvel to buy Saitama and star him as an avenger who's just like hulk but bald and then it's revealed he's the Ancient One's younger brother who followed the path of the body instead of the path of the soul.
I'm not gonna lie. That sounds disturbingly like something Disney would do.
We'll just make entirely separate profiles when the current webcomic arc concludes, as is the plan currently.
That does not address the problem. Confusion of canon is still expected to occur, like earlier in this thread where someone linked to an anime screenshot, or in that Boros upgrade content revision thread.

Further, Murata updates way more often than One right now so more threads in the meantime will be made while we wait for you guys to do this. We don't even know when he's going to update. Even when he updates, the current arc almost literally just started. You are asking people to wait months, if not years to address a problem that can be solved now with a simple note. Here is what I think that should look like.

Note: Due to the contradictions inherent within the various media it was decided that the anime, manga and web comic all occur within their separate canons and thus cannot be used as a method of cross scaling,

Here's an idea. Instead of scaling all the heroes to in-training Saitama with very little basis, why don't we just somewhat downscale the ones that noticeably kept up with and troubled a heavily weakened Garou (i.e Stinger, Glasses and Chain'n'toad), who could still avoid fire from Death Gatling and Gun Gun.
There is not enough evidence to replace the current scaling. Saitama's speed feat is used as a lynch-pin for all of the less feat-given characters. With Saitama you can argue his inexperience, poor reason it maybe. There's still less reason to scale even a weakened Garou to them, considering they needed to gang up on him to do any real damage and even then he was still depicted as being faster than them.

Though for Zombie man I guess we can scale him since weakened Garou was certain if any of the S-Class was with them he would have been caught.

There is not enough evidence to replace the current scaling.
There's plenty of evidence. Unlike Saitama's feat, who has little scaling, this is something A-Class heroes did.
Saitama's speed feat is used as a lynch-pin for all of the less feat-given characters.
And it shouldn't be, hence why I'm trying to replace it with actual feats.
With Saitama you can argue his inexperience, poor reason it maybe.
You really can't. Bang is by far the most experienced S-Class, but he's not the fastest and most powerful.
There's still less reason to scale even a weakened Garou to them, considering they needed to gang up on him to do any real damage and even then he was still depicted as being faster than them.
They could tag him multiple times from a distance, catch him off guard, intercept his moves, dodge, get direct hits on him, pressure him, etc. Those 3 aren't that much slower until he got his second wind and used Bang's technique, and even then I'd argue it's not enormous.
That does not address the problem. Confusion of canon is still expected to occur, like earlier in this thread where someone linked to an anime screenshot, or in that Boros upgrade content revision thread.
I don't see why that's the case for the webcomic, which isn't even used for feats due to the anime and manga simply having better art, feats and statements.

At best, we'll have to see which statements from ONE do and don't apply, and we already have a pretty good idea of that.
Further, Murata updates way more often than One right now so more threads in the meantime will be made while we wait for you guys to do this.
And? I genuinely don't see why that's a problem. In fact, it's a good thing because it means we won't have a billion OPM threads per day due to the webcomic profiles' inclusion.
We don't even know when he's going to update. Even when he updates, the current arc almost literally just started. You are asking people to wait months, if not years to address a problem that can be solved now with a simple note. Here is what I think that should look like.
At best, I'm asking you to wait months or years. This isn't really a problem for anyone else because we already separate the profiles. Either that, or we could just expedite the process by releasing them as they are.
Note: Due to the contradictions inherent within the various media it was decided that the anime, manga and web comic all occur within their separate canons and thus cannot be used as a method of cross scaling,
I'm not talking about your note. I'm talking about your suggestion to use the webcomic for feats and scaling.

Also, while keep the anime separate, we do use its depiction of feats for the manga in many cases.

Last edited:
There's plenty of evidence. Unlike Saitama, this is something A-Class heroes did.
Rank is also a measure of popularity. Even a B-Class character can canonically have higher stats than A-class characters as shown by that one monster who scanned them (and civilian martial artists stronger than A-Class characters exist).

Scaling to Saitama is bad because there was no direct correlation for us to compare his stats to the host of characters currently scaled to him and it is also contradictory since, once, even Atomic Samurai's apprentices had to ask him how to deal with bullets (though this is likely PIS). Being A-Class or whatever is irrelevant.

And it shouldn't be, hence why I'm trying to replace it with actual feats.

You really can't. Bang is by far the most experienced S-Class, but he's not the fastest and most powerful.
That's true. I also said it was a poor reason, meaning I disagreed with it. You're preaching to the choir here.
They could tag him multiple times from a distance, catch him off guard, intercept his moves, dodge, get direct hits on him, etc. Those 3 aren't that much slower until he got his second wind and used Bang's technique, and even then I'd argue it's not enormous.
I agree then.
No it isn't. The webcomic is its own canon, separate from anything remotely related to the manga or anime, including guides and games. We have threads on this, and we can show them if anyone's confused in threads.

At best, we'll have to see which statements from ONE do and don't apply, and we already have a pretty good idea of that.

And? I genuinely don't see why that's a problem. In fact, it's a good thing because it means we won't have a billion OPM threads per day.
Saving yourself time by noting down what we deem canon once in a note will always be better time management than wasting the time explaining something that has been brought up in a dozen other threads. Also, in all the threads the issues have been brought up no one has addressed them once either due to a lack of interest or a lack of time so no, you or almost anyone else will probably not have the time to do this.
At best, I'm asking you to wait months or years. This is not a problem for anyone else because we already separate the profiles. Either that, or we could just expedite the process by releasing them as they are.

I'm not talking about your note (which is unnecessary, in and of itself). I'm talking about your suggestion to use the webcomic for feats and scaling.
Ok, first of all let's see what I said.

The point is since the WC is the original canon it should have been used for feats and scaling, and not Murata's manga, or at least not without a note differentiating the two
Feats and scaling, yes, but in relation to their canon. Which my note was addressing (and included the anime). Even responding to this conversation topic without taking that into consideration doesn't even make sense to be honest.

And it is not "unnecessary". Multiple people have since brought up depictions of feats from different canons, some literally in this thread, with different elements involved like Boros melting the ship and thus his blast should be x degrees, etc despite that only being depicted in the anime.

And no, no one is asking you to release the profiles before you're ready. It will also only solve a part of the problem since it doesn't address the anime.

Rank is also a measure of popularity. Even a B-Class character can canonically have higher stats than A-class characters as shown by that one monster who scanned them (and civilian martial artists stronger than A-Class characters exist).
Firstly, this is the system we currently use for scaling them to Saitama, so it'd still need to change.

Secondly, we can use their own feats and scaling, then, just not Saitama's. It still needs to change.

Lastly, your point about civilian martial artists doesn't really have any relevancy because they're not in the position to even be ranked.
Scaling to Saitama is bad because there was no direct correlation for us to compare his stats to the host of characters currently scaled to him and it is also contradictory since, once, even Atomic Samurai's apprentices had to ask him how to deal with bullets (though this is likely PIS). Being A-Class or whatever is irrelevant.
Cool, but I'm the one suggesting we get rid of Saitama scaling instead of keeping it. So I don't see how this relates to my point.

They demonstrated far higher speed than the bullets in the chapter and currently scale much higher even in their first keys, so it's not even a contradiction or PIS.

Not really. Plenty of A-Class have shown parity with speed in combat, like Stinger and Lightning Genji, Lightning Max and Snek, etc. All we need to do is remove Saitama's feats, find the ones that scale, and find new feats for the ones that don't (a lot of them already have their own feats on the profiles already).
Saving yourself time by noting down what we deem canon once in a note will always be better time management than wasting the time explaining something that has been brought up in a dozen other threads.
What threads? I've found 4 or so over the past few months (including this one), and they're all quickly curbed. Most of the arguments to begin with weren't even using the anime feats, they were arguments that the anime should be canon.
Also, in all the threads the issues have been brought up no one has addressed them once either due to a lack of interest in a lack of time so no, you or almost anyone else will probably not have the time to do this.
Firstly, what threads (aside from this one, supposedly)?

Secondly, I completely re-edited that point.

'I don't see why that's the case for the webcomic, which isn't even used for feats due to the anime and manga simply having better art, feats and statements.'
Feats and scaling, yes, but in relation to their canon. Which my note was addressing (and included the anime). Even responding to this conversation topic without taking that into consideration doesn't even make sense to be honest.
You didn't say that, you said we shouldn't use the manga ratings because the webcomic is the original. This is exclusively what I'm referring to.

'The point is since the WC is the original canon it should have been used for feats and scaling, and not Murata's manga, or at least not without a note differentiating the two. Thank you for attempting to clarify though.'
And no, no one is asking you to release the profiles before you're ready. It will also only solve a part of the problem since it doesn't address the anime.
You missed this edit.

'Also, while keep the anime separate, we do use its depiction of feats for the manga in many cases.'

Anyway, I suppose the note is fine with a few alterations, and I'm done arguing about it. Just make a CRT or something.

Last edited:
I see. Yeah Garou's depiction is a sore topic to a lot of people. I just so happen to be one of those that find it endearing though so each their own. It's probably because I barely read the webcomic so I didn't really get a chance to be attached to the original showings of that character.

I honestly love Murata's Garou more because of just how flawed he is compared to almost every other character in the show. He's afraid of death. He wants to become the sole source of evil to become the driving unification force of the entire species. He's so focused on martyring himself he's willing to destroy the relationship he has with his (seemingly) only father figure. He pushes himself forward and yet worries that he can never succeed in changing the corruption he sees in society. Us Murata Garou fans root for him in hopes that he's able to overcome his issues which he does. He even chastised himself for how weak he was in the face of the gratitude of the people he saved.

WC Garou probably is not weak in the same way, but so what? Murata's anti-villain Garou is relatable in a way WC characters (and even other Murata characters honestly) simply aren't.
Thing is, WC Garou is almost exactly how you described manga Garou except he is treated seriously in the webcomic and his motivations and will is displayed properly when he fights The S-class and Saitama.

God and the Blastvengers have only a couple handful of scenes combined my dude, in which none of them are at all explained. Sure, Garou is depicted as becoming his avatar but even before that Garou did unbelievably better in his fight against Saitama than not only literally everyone else currently depicted in the franchise, but WC Garou himself where he even explicitly becomes weaker.

God and Blastvengers are obvious foreshadowing for some overarching plot-line down the road and in no way detracts from how impressive Garou is.
Handful too many. There was no need at all for God and Blast to be in this arc this much already and now that God is involved with Garou it takes away from Garou being the main antagonist of this arc and makes his feel like a side character that was brainwashed temporarily. The manga can give Garou the most impressive feats and dozens of transformations but he still feels like a laughingstock with a weak will and weak motivation. Garou and Saitama’s goofy faces along with Saitama’s gaslighting Garou into being a hero and comparing Garou to king while ONE/Murata suddenly give Garou a bullshit “save people bu accident” superpower, Garou pre-God is nothing but a joke unlike the webcomic.
One has a strange idea of humor himself, considering the way he depicts african descendants. Is there something One did that shows a better understanding of humor?
The webcomic’s comedy. The last manga chapters has been slapstick, lol random, chibi cutesy faces and funny xd shocked expressions.
This I Have to disagree on. Murata's art is gorgeous, shows just how powerful S-Class and monsters can be. At the very least it is objectively better than One has made (I use the latest chapters of each canon for comparison).
Murata’s art is great when he puts work into it. Look at Garou vs Saitama up until now and compare it to Saitama vs Boros. Both are supposed to be climatic battles but Saitama vs Boros is on a whole different level compared to Saitama vs Garou in terms of art that it’s not even comparable. And you don’t even have to compare GvS to BvS, pre-monster association arc is filled with at that blows the last dozen chapter art out of the water. Although Murata’s art is good, ONE’s paneling, choreography, art direction, during Garou vs Boros blows it’s manga counter part out of the water with ease that it is not even debatable.
Sure from what I hear but why does that really matter? Different canons have and do contradict each other for many different franchises even if they follow the same vague plot points though admittedly Murata seems intent on pushing this concept towards the limit.
It doesn’t matter but it deviates in a drastic way to tell a worse story after it’s been sticking to being 1:1 webcomic adaptation for years now. You have to ask what’s the point for the change at all?

Last edited:
could you tell me if saitama actually affected the phoenix man's spiritual dimension physically? because after the dimension is undone he returns to the place he was.

could you tell me if saitama actually affected the phoenix man's spiritual dimension physically? because after the dimension is undone he returns to the place he was.
I mean he physically punched a whole into the dimension by "knocking" and PM was like "but this is a spiritual place...", so yes.

I mean he physically punched a whole into the dimension by "knocking" and PM was like "but this is a spiritual place...", so yes.
this makes sense, but I don't understand why he later returned to the place he was when the dimension fell apart and the boy next to him didn't notice anything.

this makes sense, but I don't understand why he later returned to the place he was when the dimension fell apart and the boy next to him didn't notice anything.
I mean that’s not really explained so no way of knowing. Watchdog man might enlighten us later on about it.

Back