• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Bruh everything from chapter 90(king falling asleep after being KO’ed/post hotpot night) to current chapter has happened in less than 24 hours🫠
Didn't the entire Marineford arc happen in one day lmao. In comparison, this doesn't seem so bad

Didn't the entire Marineford arc happen in one day lmao. In comparison, this doesn't seem so bad
I mean I was talking about volume amount, I read one piece manga only after Amazon lily, Marineford is only 31 chapters long and under 550 pages(anime stretched it out insanely), while Monster association arc is 86 chapters so far, and each chapter is consistently 40 pages(with a few being 10/20 pages while others are 70/80 pages).

Edit: there is impel down and Amazon lily that happened in a single day but it’s just about the same length as Marineford arc so…

f2nvp70r7tr41.jpg

That doesn't really sound good for the future of the story.
A lot of people seem to have issues with Murata's work. Can someone tell me why?

I didn't read the webcomic, but I for one like the character development he's shown so far. We're shown the struggles of less important heroes, and relationships like Tatsumaki/Fubuki is more saddening than the nightmare fuel it is depicted in the webcomic (or at least from what I've seen from the scans hanging around the internet). Not to mention, his art is freaking amazing.

On that note, since alot of people seem to deem his work as the inferior version, why are we using it for feats instead of the original webcomic?

the manga is more of an official publishment, i also don't think the webcomic is licensed since as far as i know he publishes it on his own site.

My guy, we already agreed we would discuss this in the fun and games thread I linked. Considering how our old discussion there also concluded hours ago I'm boggled as to why I woke up to someone quoting me in two different threads on the same topic 😂 . This is not how we do things here. Please realize you are derailing this thread. Stick to the other one.
Oh okay... I only replied you concerning this topic because i was responding to your earlier message

A lot of people seem to have issues with Murata's work. Can someone tell me why?
There are too many different reasons that a person could prefer the webcomic over the manga so the reasons varies from person to person. My personal main reason is just the handling of Garou in the current portion of this arc. Everything that happened since Garou came to the surface after fighting Darkshine has made him a joke, had him do things that goes against what he was preaching right after fighting Darkshine, made his will weak and just put him on the back burner in favor of God and the Blastvengers.

Not to mention the strange humor that is very unlike ONE, mediocre art for what is supposed to be the arc’s climax, major redraws and rewrites showing clear lack of planning, weird severe deviation from the WC while simultaneously trying to stick to the WC etc etc. I can go on and on.

well physically as long as it aint head on, and pretty sure fubuki finna surpass psykos latter on, she seemed to get a big amp during the psyhic sisters arc.
Maybe Fubuki will surpass Psykos later, but as far as we know right now, Psykos is far stronger than her.

Fubuki doesn’t neg diff her in any way whatsoever.

On that note, since alot of people seem to deem his work as the inferior version, why are we using it for feats instead of the original webcomic?
Because the webcomic is not canon to the manga and we treat both as separate canons. We've been doing this since like late 2020

There are too many different reasons that a person could prefer the webcomic over the manga so the reasons varies from person to person. My personal main reason is just the handling of Garou in the current portion of this arc. Everything that happened since Garou came to the surface after fighting Darkshine has made him a joke, had him do things that goes against what he was preaching right after fighting Darkshine, made his will weak and just put him on the back burner in favor of God and the Blastvengers.

Not to mention the strange humor that is very unlike ONE, mediocre art for what is supposed to be the arc’s climax, major redraws and rewrites showing clear lack of planning, weird severe deviation from the WC while simultaneously trying to stick to the WC etc etc. I can go on and on.
I think this sums it all up for me

Here's an idea. Instead of scaling all the heroes to in-training Saitama with very little basis, why don't we just somewhat downscale the ones that noticeably kept up with and troubled a heavily weakened Garou (i.e Stinger, Glasses and Chain'n'toad), who could still avoid fire from Death Gatling and Gun Gun.

Here's an idea. Instead of scaling all the heroes to in-training Saitama with very little basis, why don't we just somewhat downscale the ones that noticeably kept up with and troubled a heavily weakened Garou (i.e Stinger, Glasses and Chain'n'toad), who could still avoid fire from Death Gatling and Gun Gun.
Ehhhh.... That one is weird, as moments afterwards, an even worse Garou could keep up with an MHS Genos.

The whole fight is kind of PIS, if I'm being honest

Garou got a second wind from remembering his bullying, used Bang's technique, and began largely overpowering them. He was especially weakened in the second Gun Gun scan I gave because the poison was actually effective then.

There are too many different reasons that a person could prefer the webcomic over the manga so the reasons varies from person to person. My personal main reason is just the handling of Garou in the current portion of this arc. Everything that happened since Garou came to the surface after fighting Darkshine has made him a joke, had him do things that goes against what he was preaching right after fighting Darkshine, made his will weak
I see. Yeah Garou's depiction is a sore topic to a lot of people. I just so happen to be one of those that find it endearing though so each their own. It's probably because I barely read the webcomic so I didn't really get a chance to be attached to the original showings of that character.

I honestly love Murata's Garou more because of just how flawed he is compared to almost every other character in the show. He's afraid of death. He wants to become the sole source of evil to become the driving unification force of the entire species. He's so focused on martyring himself he's willing to destroy the relationship he has with his (seemingly) only father figure. He pushes himself forward and yet worries that he can never succeed in changing the corruption he sees in society. Us Murata Garou fans root for him in hopes that he's able to overcome his issues which he does. He even chastised himself for how weak he was in the face of the gratitude of the people he saved.

WC Garou probably is not weak in the same way, but so what? Murata's anti-villain Garou is relatable in a way WC characters (and even other Murata characters honestly) simply aren't.
and just put him on the back burner in favor of God and the Blastvengers.
God and the Blastvengers have only a couple handful of scenes combined my dude, in which none of them are at all explained. Sure, Garou is depicted as becoming his avatar but even before that Garou did unbelievably better in his fight against Saitama than not only literally everyone else currently depicted in the franchise, but WC Garou himself where he even explicitly becomes weaker.

God and Blastvengers are obvious foreshadowing for some overarching plot-line down the road and in no way detracts from how impressive Garou is.
Not to mention the strange humor that is very unlike ONE,
One has a strange idea of humor himself, considering the way he depicts african descendants. Is there something One did that shows a better understanding of humor?
mediocre art for what is supposed to be the arc’s climax,
This I Have to disagree on. Murata's art is gorgeous, shows just how powerful S-Class and monsters can be. At the very least it is objectively better than One has made (I use the latest chapters of each canon for comparison).
major redraws and rewrites showing clear lack of planning,
This is fair.
weird severe deviation from the WC while simultaneously trying to stick to the WC etc etc.
Sure from what I hear but why does that really matter? Different canons have and do contradict each other for many different franchises even if they follow the same vague plot points though admittedly Murata seems intent on pushing this concept towards the limit.

Thank you for sharing your legitimate worries though, even if we don't share eye to eye on this topic. I should also point out that I don't think you're concerns are wrong in any way. I just felt that the points are interesting points of discussion I wished to share my own perspective on.
Because the webcomic is not canon to the manga and we treat both as separate canons. We've been doing this since like late 2020
Yes I know. The point is since the WC is the original canon it should have been used for feats and scaling, and not Murata's manga, or at least not without a note differentiating the two. Thank you for attempting to clarify though.

Back