• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garou:

--- Definite Advantages:

• Physical Stats (Speed, Strength and Durability)
--- Debatable Advantages:

• Skill (Garou is an experienced martial artist, Boros conquered the universe throughout his lifetime and has apparently fought quite a crapton of people in his trips to find a good fight)
Boros:

Definite Advantages:

• Range advantage
  • Ability to regenerate from each and every hit
  • In-character to BFR
  • Can one-shot Garou with an effectively inescapable attack if he gets desperate enough to be willing to disregard his own well-being
---Debatable Advantages:

• Skill (In contrast to Garou, an excellent martial artist with lots of experience under Bang, Boros has conquered a good portion of the universe and fought a lot of people trying to find someone capable of matching him, so he is definitely skilled)
Conclusion:

• ONE is right, as always

Lol I don't think Saitama would do that he might think that would be too much for him after all Saitama considers him still a nice guy/human, he ain't trying to kill him. (Though realistically Garou should be easily be able to survive the sun, but you know writers always overestimate it's power)

The problem with comparing Boros and Garou's respective fight against Saitama is that it didn't seem like he was trying to kill either of them. In Garou's case he still recognized him as a human, he doesn't kill anything he can't immediatly indentify as a monster, such as the case with Overgrown Rover and Orochi. In Boros' case he just seemed to sympathize with him since he was also going through the plight of being overwhelmingly bored by their power, so it seemed like he was just trying to give him the fight of his life that he so craved himself. He really only had intent to kill when Boros threatened to wipe out all of humanity.

In either case, its difficult to gauge how much force Saitama was applying in their respective fights, as is very often the case.

" Boros has conquered a good portion of the universe and fought a lot of people trying to find someone capable of matching him, so he is definitely skilled)"

But if the point is that he never fought someone that was able to give him a good fight, wouldn't that mean he's fought nothing but fodders(in comparison to himself) that wouldn't give him fights where he could develop skill in?

Like, Composite Human is pretty skilled, but in a fight with Boros it would just get blitzed and splattered, making skill a non factor.

Here's the full ONE quote

Õ¥îÒü½þÖ╗Õá┤ÒüÖÒéïÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü¿Òü»Òü®ÒüíÒéëÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒüïÒüºÒéêÒüÅÞ¡░Þ½ûÒü½Òü¬ÒéïÒüîÒÇü Õăõ¢£ÞÇàONE µø░ÒüÅÒÇî Òé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü¿Òâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü»Òü®ÒüúÒüíÒüáÒéìÒüåÒü¬´╝ƒÕëìÒü¥ÒüºÒü»þÁÂÕ»¥Òâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«µû╣ÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒüæÒü®ÒÇü õ╗èÒü«Òé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü»ÒééÒüåÒü╗Òü╝ÒâæÒâ╝ÒâòÒéºÒé»ÒâêµÇ¬õ║║Òü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü¬Òü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüîÒüéÒéïÒéôÒüºÒÇé ÒéÅÒüïÒéôÒü¬ÒüäÒüºÒüÖÒü¡ÒÇéÒüäÒüäÕïØÞ▓áÒâ╗Òâ╗Òâ╗ÒüäÒüäÕïØÞ▓áÒüÖÒéïÒü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüº µÄÑÞ┐æµêªÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒéëÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü«µû╣ÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒéôÒüÿÒéâÒü¬ÒüäÒüïÒü¬Òü¿Òü»µÇØÒüäÒü¥ÒüÖÒü¡ÒÇé µÄÑÞ┐æµêªÒüªÒüäÒüåÒüïÒâæÒâ│ÒâüÒü¿ÒüïÒé¡ÒââÒé»Òü¿ÒüïÒÇüÒüØÒüåÒüäÒüåÒü«Òü»ÒüáÒüäÒüƒÒüäÚü┐ÒüæÒéëÒéîÒéïÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüåÒÇéÒÇì Òü¿Òü«ÒüôÒü¿ÒÇé

õ¢£õ©¡µÅÅÕåÖÒéÆÞªïÒüªÒééÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü»Õ£ºÕÇÆþÜäÒü¬ÒâæÒâ»Òâ╝ÒéäÕä¬ÒéîÒüƒÕåìþöƒÞ⢠Õèø ÒÇüÚüáÞÀØÚøóÒüïÒéëÒü«Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝µö╗µÆâÒü¬Òü®ÒüºµêªÒüåÒü«Òü½Õ»¥ÒüùÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü»Õä¬ÒéîÒüƒµá╝ÚùÿÞ⢠ÕèøÒéÆÒééÒüúÒüªµêªÒüåÒüƒÒéü´╝êµëïÕèᵩøÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü¿Òü»ÒüäÒüêÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òü«µö╗µÆâÒéÆõ¢òÕ║ªÒééÒüäÒü¬ÒüùÒüƒÒéèÒüïÒéÅÒüùÒüªÞªïÒüøÒüƒ)õ©ÇµªéÒü½Òü®ÒüíÒéëÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒü¿ÒééÞ¿ÇÒüäÕêçÒéîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

And Google's translation

ONE: Garou or Boros, who would win? Before, Boros was definitely the stronger one, but Garou is now a near-perfect monster. I don't really know. A good match . . . I do believe Garou is stronger in close combat where things like punches and kicks can generally be avoided.

Even if you look at the portrait description, Boros will fight with overwhelming power, superior playback ability, energy attacks from a distance, while Garou will fight with excellent fighting ability (though I showed off and knocked down Saitama 's attack many times). I can not certainly say which is stronger.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I mean, how can anyone seriously think that Boros is stronger than Garou is beyond me. Just directly compare their performances:
1.Because they compare manga Boros to webcomic Garou. Webcomic Boros has no actually impressive feat other than a self-proclaimed planet/surface busting cannon(who looks 8-A at most and gets beaten by a relatively unimpressive serious punch).

In the manga he kicks saitama to the moon,and Murata's Serious punch is seriously impressive, who in turn, makes it look like Saitama was holding back against Garou,as his serious attacks did not cause planet-wide effects.

2.Because of the difference in mentality saitama has while fighting them.

Against Boros he was planning to kill him eventually, but decided to give him a chance to show his full power, increasing his strenght to see how he can keep up, but eventually killing him when he stopped being interesting.

Against Garou he wanted to see what he was truly capable of, but never wanted to kill him, wich is why while he uses some serious attack he never outright did anything truly brutal, like keep throwing punches while his body was already being turned into a bloody mess.

(also, i really doubt anyone would consider them equal without ONE's statement. Specially after Saitama has shown that his Serious moves don't necessarily have the same power, and that it's almost impossible to tell how much power he is using against his opponents.)

Huesito88 said:
"Boros' only advantage is his Regenerationn and his Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon."
What about his kicking into space kick?
him kicking saitama to the moon wasnt even in the webcomic, its a manga only feat. its not fair to compare manga boros to webcomic garou, since the manga buffs everyone like crazy. once manga awakened garou is shown, he'll definitely be buffed like crazy.

Webcomic Boros is ******* pathetic really. All Meteoric Burst did was push Saitama back, and then throw a barrage of punches that got promptly countered by a single punch and followed by consecutive normal punches. And we barely see Saitama fighting Boros before Meteoric Burst either.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Webcomic Boros is ******* pathetic really. All Meteoric Burst did was push Saitama back, and then throw a barrage of punches that got promptly countered by a single punch and followed by consecutive normal punches. And we barely see Saitama fighting Boros before Meteoric Burst either.
exactly. boros vs saitama in the webcomic was super duper short, waaaay shorter than the garou fight. and on top of that, boros' regen in the webcomic wasnt all that impressive either. in the anime, he regenerated from being turned into a puddle of blood, but in the webcomic, he simply regenerated from this and a torn off hand, not even a full arm.

I still can't wait to see how ubsurd Murata's gonna make Garou and Saitama's fight, his Serious Table Flip and Headbutt is gonna look insane.

Idk if this was mentioned but isnt Atomic Samurai FTL in reaction due to his feat of casually deflecting G5's laser beam after it was fired?

Not even remotely, he was both a couple meters away from the source of projection and also already predicted it was being fired, commenting moments before how he somehow missed the core. This site is also very strict about what constitutes as a laser, without further evidence there's nothing that suggets it was lightspeed.

Deflecting a laser beam typically isn't a FTL feat unless it's super close. Also like G4 its "laser" unrealistically bends and even seemingly falls anfter being redirected upwards.

Yeah he's not FTL. He did deflect a laser that seemed inches away from his face but I don't think that would buff where he is on his profile. It's just a supporting feat.

The G4 laser bends, but it has refraction. In the page it is said that if you can prove reflection / refraction, it can be used, but even then the G4 laser was denied, but anyway.

Epiccheev said:
I just had a cursed thought.
What if Pig God fought black sperm instead of AS?
uhh isnt it obvious? black sperm absolutely would destroy him. pig god can eat a lot, but he aint eating 11 trillion cells.

DbzDB2 said:
uhh isnt it obvious? black sperm absolutely would destroy him. pig god can eat a lot, but he aint eating 11 trillion cells.
It's not who would win, but rather how... odd the fight would be.

The Causality said:
Well, sorry for the late, but since i have much more time now, i'll try to calc some feat from OPM
Do you think you could do a lowballed calc for Elder Centipede's KE once the speed upgrade thing is settled?

I dunno if that's even KE. Its just a big thing ramming through buildings. Something like Anime Boros melting his ship when flying is a better example of a usable KE figure.

Phoenix821 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaF1z8tTnww&feature=youtu.be
I wonder if we will get the chance to see what earth would look like after it's hit by Boros' CSRC.

They might be lazy enough to reutilize some DBZ planet busting scene, giving him a huge AP boost. (probably won't be accepted tho)

I wonder if we will get the chance to see what earth would look like after it's hit by Boros' CSRC.

They might be lazy enough to reutilize some DBZ planet busting scene, giving him a huge AP boost. (probably won't be accepted tho)

Heh; maybe he'll actually blow up a star

We shall wait if that would happen.

Slinging a moon at MHS+ speed can already be Large Planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back