• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly outside of GS, Orochi, and Boros I don't see why anyone should have an "At least 7-A rating". Almost all of them are just chain scaling up from 7-B and there's no indication that they're 10x above baseline. Goketsu when going all out against Saitama was only accepted as 7-A after all.

Currently there are a lot of profiles that are given an at least for stomping, one shotting, or simply being far stronger than a character that's baseline. So I don't see why we can't give characters that one shot characters that are slightly above baseline 7-A an at least.

In this circumstance I don't agree with it's usage outside of the people I mentioned and maybe Pre-Awakened Garou and Flashy Flash.

Qawsedf234 said:
Honestly outside of GS, Orochi, and Boros I don't see why anyone should have an "At least 7-A rating". Almost all of them are just chain scaling up from 7-B and there's no indication that they're 10x above baseline. Goketsu when going all out against Saitama was only accepted as 7-A after all.
i dont know why everyone is ignoring me.

i said a million times that gouketsus feat was lowballed like crazy and thats why it was only 7-A. ffs we used 5 seconds for the timeframe, when in reality the cloud dispersion probably took at most a little over a second. no matter how you look at it, that cloud dispersion didnt take 5 seconds.

i dont know why everyone is ignoring me.

We aren't, its just been addressed before as to why the 7-A end is used.

i said a million times that gouketsus feat was lowballed like crazy

You have, but as I've said multiple times the only end that was accepted was the five second version. Which is the only one we can currently use. Until a change happens Goketsu is 7-A.

CRT on 7-B+ and 7-C+ scaling? Just one thing; should we rate Zombieman as 'likely 7-C'? Seeing as ONE confirmed he would defeat Sea King, but with difficulty.

Considering Goketsu, a notable example of a high level Dragon, is 4.9x below High 7-A I don't think anyone besides GS, Orochi, Peak Half-Monster Garou, Boros, and maybe Flashy Flash should get an "At least 7-A" rating.

GyroNutz said:
CRT on 7-B+ and 7-C+ scaling? Just one thing; should we rate Zombieman as 'likely 7-C'? Seeing as ONE confirmed he would defeat him, but with difficulty.
ONE said this

ONE: Zombieman needs 15 min to recover a cut off arm. He'll die if you reduce him to mince meat. There's the rumor that he's the physically weakest amongst S-Class heroes, but it hasn't been confirmed. It would be difficult for him to defeat Deep Sea King.

He didn't say that Zombieman could beat DSK. At least not outright.

Nothing implies either are. You may have a case for Multi-Cellular Sperm but that isn't a key.

Sure, I think Rover and Elder Centipede should be within the same ballpark as Goketsu. But that would still make then 7-A and not "At least 7-A". Rover's durability however should probably have a "At least 7-A" key due to him being so tanky.

He shouldn't get a likely rating, just a possibly rating like with GS and Orochi. So "At least 8-A (defeated Pure Blood), possibly at least 7-C (WIP)"

A similar ONE quote is why Orochi and GS are possibly High 6-C, so I don't see why this can't be used for a "possibly at least 7-C" rating.

I dunno. I can make it for you if want. Just leave what you got as a message on my wall.

I think Sludge Jellyfish and Rhino Wrestler should have profiles.

Sludge Jellyfish in particular is an interesting case. He survived a punch from Garou who himself was surprised that he was still alive. Child Emperor's physical attacks also did nothing to him.

Tetsucabrah said:
I think Sludge Jellyfish and Rhino Wrestler should have profiles.
Sludge Jellyfish in particular is an interesting case. He survived a punch from Garou who himself was surprised that he was still alive. Child Emperor's physical attacks also did nothing to him.
i agree with having a rhino wrestler profile but sludge jellyfish?...

I just think he could make for some interesting matches with other 8-C tier characters.

His physical resistance is insane compared to his other stats.

Tetsucabrah said:
I just think he could make for some interesting matches with other 8-C tier characters.
His physical resistance is insane compared to his other stats.
its not his physical resistance iirc, its just that he has pseudo intangibility, kinda like a logia user.

Webcomic vs Webcomic then Garou no doubt. Mixed canon then Boros since Garou doesn't have the AP showings to keep up.

We're gonna have to wait for the Manga version to see how crazy Saitama and Garou's fight becomes. Webcomic version of Boros' fight didn't even have him punking Saitama to the moon

Murata said the scale of Saitama vs Garou would be even bigger.

Whatever that means, I'm assuming some crazy shit will go down. I wouldn't be surprised if Garou ended up with better showings.

Can't wait to see what he will pull off to make Garou comparable to Boros, maybe he will make garou do some atmosphere splitting punches while falling from Saitama's tableflip?

Disregarding ONE's vague statement, Garou is undeniably faster, more durable, more skilled, and physically stronger than Boros. Boros' only advantage is his Regenerationn and his Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon.

I mean, how can anyone seriously think that Boros is stronger than Garou is beyond me. Just directly compare their performances:

>Saitama uses Consecutive Normal Punches on Boros

>Boros is incapable to even react, and is blown to gory bits

Meanwhile...

>Saitama uses Consecutive Normal Punches on Garou

>Garou survives it without blowing up, immediately gets up and tries to attack Saitama again

>Saitama counters it with Two-Handed Consecutive Normal Punches and Garou actually manages to barely keep up for a bit

"Boros' only advantage is his Regenerationn and his Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon."

What about his kicking into space kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back