• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Please stay on topic.

Take it somewhere else if you want an unrelated upgrade for Boros, Golden Sperm, etc. Better calculations for the topics I'm addressing is fine, though.

Psykos Calc Downgrade​

Cyber_Vergil recalculated Psykos' beams to 400 kilotons (Large Town level) and Mach 200 (Massively Hypersonic).

House of Evolution Calculation​

TheRustyOne said there wasn't enough evidence for vaporization, and that we should go with violent fragmentation. This reduces the calculation to 420 tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level).

I'm pretty sure there's a litany of better calculations for Genos and comparable characters, though. So feel free to post them.

For now, Genos, PPP and DSK would scale to 8-A+. This is consistent with less than half power PPP alone surpassing Hammerhead's 225 ton calc.

Edit: The Giant Crow calculation is invalid. They'd still be baseline 8-A+ through scaling to PPP.

The AP Upgrades (Edit: Possibly)

Edit: Not happening. I've debunked this.

It's stated that humanity hadn't knowingly faced a threat on the level of the Cadres (Homeless Emperor, Black Sperm, Gums, Evil Natural Water and Fuhrer Ugly) who were causing the S-Class/Sweet Mask to feel true fear at this moment. This doesn't refer to the Monster Association as a whole, the amount of liquid ENW could potentially absorb, or the power that Fuhrer could possibly gain because they weren't causing the S-Class fear and didn't exist at the time of the statement. Judging by the context, this also wouldn't be the collective threat of these 4 monsters since each one performed the same feat individually.

So, my suggestion is that these monsters (barring HE, since he's already there) should scale to someone like Vaccine Man, who's very much a known threat to the Association and the first Dragon level to ever appear. Maybe Beefcake, as well.

Narinki Squad Suits​

This is the bulked up version of the Narinki Squad suits, and these are the default forms. As you can see, they weren't bulked up in these scenes. The only time they ever bulked up was under Do-S' influence, and it's unknown if the amp does anything

They should be Small City level, Higher with Full Power without any Hammerhead scaling.

The fact that G5 beat them doesn't suggest they aren't Small City level, or something. It's quite possible that the suits just weren't activated.

Speed​

Iaian/ENW​

Iaian's AP was downgraded here, but almost the exact logic would apply to his speed. So he and ENW shouldn't scale to Atomic Samurai, just Psykos' blasts via Homeless Emperor and VFU scaling.

Genos, Drive Knight and Psykos​

The main problem with the rating currently is that Psykos and Drive Knight's energy attack speed is just that: attack speed. Hell, if they're shooting ahead of themselves, the energy literally has to be faster than their own travel speed to exit whatever weapons these characters are firing.
It's not by a factor of millions or anything, but it's considerable.

Do-S, Fubuki, Sonic, Rover and Garou​

We'll get to Do-S later.

Rover: Fought against Half-Monster Garou. Appeared behind Bang, Bomb, and Fubuki before they even realized he had moved

Fubuki: Can defend against Rover’s blasts

Genos/Sonic: with Fubuki being incapable of perceiving the fight

Human Garou: Once he got serious, he pummelled Tanktop Master before he could even react, striking his joints and vital spots in the process. Kept up with Post-Superfight Genos while weakened

This scaling is circular and falls apart when you think about it for like 5 seconds. It scales Fubuki to Rover and Rover to Fubuki, while saying that that a weakened Human Garou could keep up with a much faster form of Genos and that a slower form of Genos is way faster than Fubuki, who scales to the Rover that scales to Half-Monster Garou.

If you go even further into the scaling, it also puts Post-G4 Genos above MA Genos since Bang is scaled above Atomic Samurai, who's scaled above Psykos' blasts, which are scaled equally with MA Genos. The biggest mistake, however, was putting Post-G4 Genos and Fubuki anywhere near Atomic Samurai when he performs feats that put even MA Genos to shame and would've massacred a post-Orochi Garou that scales above when he was able to keep up with Rover.

Honestly, this is so scuffed that I can't think of a way to fix this other than removing Fubuki from the equation.

Rover Specific​

Honestly, I don't think surprising Bang and Bomb via ambush and not actually landing an attack is much of a speed feat.

Rover also has tons of anti-feats that put him behind Atomic Samurai and Bang, like Fubuki (who couldn't even see Bomb's fight with Garou) constantly reacting to his attacks at point-blank range, Half-Monster Garou (who was slower than Darkshine, Bang, etc at the time) being able to keep up with a prolonged barrage from an even faster Rover, and Bang and Bomb blitzing him just because their back pain got healed.

Do-S Specific​

In my opinion, Do-S shouldn't scale 1 to 1 with any of these characters.

Would have tagged Bushidrill if Amai Mask hadn't stopped her

The Swordsmen were all back to back and surrounded by Narinki's squad, which explicitly gave her an opening. Not only that, but it's very unclear that her attempt would've even been successful given that Bushdrill had his sword in front of himself at the same moment that Sweet Mask caught the whip, despite his sword being on the opposite side previously. It's quite possible that Sweet Mask was doing it to show off (something that's in-character) or make a dramatic entrance rather than saving Bushdrill, but we can only speculate here.

Restrained Amai Mask and stabbed his eye before he could react

That isn't what really happened. Do-S restrained Sweet Mask before he could react, since he wasn't even looking at her, but he was already restrained (albeit briefly) at the point where she attacks. It's only afterwards that SM can break out, so this is obviously this is based entirely on catching him off guard with a shapeshifting power he probably doesn't even know she has.

Also, Do-S repeatedly gets blitzed by Sweet Mask, who's shown to be roughly on par with the Swordsmen in terms of speed. In fact, Sweet Mask wasn't noticed by Do-S at all when he first caught the whip and wasn't seen in the previous panels, suggesting that he blitzed her by either intercepting the whip from the same direction as the Swordsmen, or ran past her and caught it.

To kill a point before it's made, let's just pretend someone said Do-S is faster than Narinki's squad. Well, at that time the squad had just been stomped by G5, who's way slower than Genos and the calculation he scales to.

So, basically, Do-S isn't tens of times slower than the Swordsmen, but she's noticeably much slower normally.

Miscellaneous​

Tanktop Master, Gums and Pig God should scale to whatever Genos does since that's literally their current ratings.

We downgraded Genos a while ago, so Bad's High Hypersonic+ would become at least Hypersonic.

Saitama Accelerated Development​

Basically, we should remove the day by day thing from the audiobook. It's just the limitations of Genos' simulation, and Genos having any idea of Saitama's actual strength at that point completely contradicts the narrative of the series.
  • Genos: Please excuse me, I failed to let you know beforehand… Your current enemy was, yesterday’s Saitama Sensei…
  • Saitama: Oh, was that so?
  • Genos: As such, even though Saitama Sensei lost, it was against himself at full power, please don’t mind it too much…
  • Saitama: Nope, it was over in One Punch.
  • Genos: Yes… eh? You... you won?
  • Saitama: Obviously. Why would I lose to yesterday’s me?
  • Saitama: H- Hey… What are you writing down in the memo?
  • Genos: However, that you won in one punch, that’s incomprehensible. Sensei is far more powerful today than he was yesterday… is that even possible?
  • Saitama: It’s just unreliable simulated data right?
  • Genos: No but-
  • Saitama: GENOS!
  • Genos: Yes!?
  • Serious Saitama: It doesn’t matter how strong you become in the virtual world, it will never change who you are in real life. I learned this lesson the hard way as a kid when I was so obsessed with leveling up in an RPG I missed my entire summer holiday.
They explicitly say that it measures strength based on brainwaves rather than raw physical power, and it often gets many details wrong, so Saitama having different levels of power from the same equipment makes sense.
  • Genos: It will read your brainwaves; you just have to imagine the normal scenario.
  • Zombieman: Hmph, if the device can read my brainwaves and recreate my body's abilities as well as the damages in the simulation, it will be a reflection of my characteristics in actual combat.
  • Zombieman: It must be because my brain isn't acknowledging this as real danger on a cognitive level.
  • Metal Bat: No way Jose. I might have lost in the game world, but in the real world it won’t go like that. It might be over once you die in the game world, but in the real world, a death is just a flesh wound. You can totally revive through fighting spirit and have another go, know what I’m saying?!!
Also, noticeable increases in strength are presented as something that requires extreme emotion, which isn't something Saitama would be experiencing here.

There's also the Murata quote, but we don't use Murata quotes.

Last edited:

Do-S, Fubuki, Sonic, Rover and Garou​

We'll get to Do-S later.

Rover: Fought against Half-Monster Garou. Appeared behind Bang, Bomb, and Fubuki before they even realized he had moved

Fubuki: Can defend against Rover’s blasts

Genos/Sonic: with Fubuki being incapable of perceiving the fight

Human Garou: Once he got serious, he pummelled Tanktop Master before he could even react, striking his joints and vital spots in the process. Kept up with Post-Superfight Genos while weakened

This scaling is circular and falls apart when you think about it for like 5 seconds. It scales Fubuki to Rover and Rover to Fubuki, while saying that that a weakened Human Garou could keep up with a much faster form of Genos and that a slower form of Genos is way faster than Fubuki, who scales to the Rover that scales to Half-Monster Garou.

If you go even further into the scaling, it also puts Post-G4 Genos above MA Genos since Bang is scaled above Atomic Samurai, who's scaled above Psykos' blasts, which are scaled equally with MA Genos. The biggest mistake, however, was putting Post-G4 Genos and Fubuki anywhere near Atomic Samurai when he performs feats that put even MA Genos to shame and would've massacred a post-Orochi Garou that scales above when he was able to keep up with Rover.

Honestly, this is so scuffed that I can't think of a way to fix this other than removing Fubuki from the equation.
Can't we just do an "At peak" thing like last time. Because Fubuki was shown to be putting in her everything when fighting Rover.

Everything else is fine. Especially the Saitama one.

I don't think that'd upgrade her reflexes, but maybe we could go through that route.

House of Evolution Calculation​

TheRustyOne said there wasn't enough evidence for vaporization, and that we should go with violent fragmentation. This reduces the calculation to 420 tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level).

I'm pretty sure there's a litany of better calculations for Genos and comparable characters, though. So feel free to post them.
Have we calced Genos blasting a giant blast towards Deep Sea King? I feel that could yield something impressive.

I believe it was mid-tier 8. Definitely below what he'd have with v frag.

It's not stated to be nuke-proof specifically.

I'm assuming Post Superfight Genos level characters should just be High 7-C+ off of scaling from his Spiral Incineration Cannon.

All Dragon level threats should upscale from Choze's Town level feat. Since Choze wasn't impressive enough to be listed as Dragon level by Gouketsu.

We'd need to know the overall temperature.

On second thought, we make an exception for MA specific characters. So I guess that's fine.

It's stated that humanity hadn't knowingly faced a threat on the level of the Cadres (Homeless Emperor, Black Sperm, Gums, Evil Natural Water and Fuhrer Ugly) who were causing the S-Class/Sweet Mask to feel true fear at this moment. This doesn't refer to the Monster Association as a whole, the amount of liquid ENW could potentially absorb, or the power that Fuhrer could possibly gain because they weren't causing the S-Class fear and didn't exist at the time of the statement. Judging by the context, this also wouldn't be the collective threat of these 4 monsters since each one performed the same feat individually.

So, my suggestion is that these monsters (barring HE, since he's already there) should scale to someone like Vaccine Man, who's very much a known threat to the Association and the first Dragon level to ever appear. Maybe Beefcake, as well.
I'm really skeptical about this tbh. I don't think the statement is specific enough to warrant a solid rating for comparing those individuals monsters to Vaccine Man.

Being a "threat" isn't just detirmined by AP.

It wouldn't be speed here, since they wouldn't really be able to damage the heroes if it was speed alone.

It's not power-ups because they're literally referring to the monsters causing fear at that time.

I can agree on Black Sperm who multiplies to infinity, and maybe ENW's indestructibility, but I really can't see what other factors would be in play for the rest.

It's certainly not intelligence or tactical ability.

I think you're also conflating two statements here.

One that says that the monsters are causing the S-Class fear.

And one that says that "It isn't the first time humanity has made contact with a threat of this scale."

But I wouldn't take that to mean "A monster who causes a S-Class hero fear = stronger than every monster known to the Hero Association so far". The statement also says a singular "threat", not "It isn't the first time humanity has made contact with threats of this scale".

Cumulatively the Monster Association's cadres could be an unprecedented threat for humanity (not including those Saitama has fought in secret) but the statement doesn't look good enough for me for them individually.

I think it would be better to scale them through other options if they're available.

I'll comment on the rest later.

It's literally 'these monsters did this. humanity has faced threats on this scale before, but saitama destroyed them before humanity could learn of their existence.' So, they represent a greater threat than known monsters. What am I missing here or conflating? It's a back to back statement.

No, referring to something on a singular basis can also refer to the individuals of a unified group rather than grouping every one of them. The criteria is causing a hero on par with S-Class genuine fear, and each of them were capable of performing this.

It's literally 'these monsters did this. humanity has faced threats on this scale before, but saitama destroyed them before humanity could learn of their existence.' So, they represent a greater threat than known monsters. What am I missing here or conflating? It's a back to back statement.

No, referring to something on a singular basis can also refer to the individuals of a unified group rather than grouping every one of them. The criteria is causing a hero on par with S-Class genuine fear, and each of them were capable of performing this.
But causing someone to feel fear is not an AP feat... And we have no idea how these S-Class heroes would react when facing Vaccine Man.

Fuhrer Ugly at least is causing Amai Mask to feel fear not through his strength, but from his sheer ugliness. Evil Natural Water isn't beating Child Emperor via AP but drowning him.

I just think the statement isn't good enough.

Maybe for a Possibly rating.

But there's a lot of content in the OP, so let's focus on some of the more straightforward stuff first.

But causing someone to feel fear is not an AP feat...
Beating them to the point where they do is, and that's what almost all of these characters did.
And we have no idea how these S-Class heroes would react when facing Vaccine Man.
It doesn't matter that we don't know exactly how, because the narration tells us that it's beyond known villains. Vaccine Man is a known villain. So the conclusion to be taken is that they wouldn't.
Fuhrer Ugly at least is causing Amai Mask to feel fear not through his strength, but from his sheer ugliness.
Fair point.

I guess Amai and Fuhrer would be excluded, then.
I just think the statement isn't good enough.

Maybe for a Possibly rating.
Good enough.

I suppose it's a single statement rather than and solid feats, anyway.

I suppose it's a single statement rather than and solid feats, anyway.
Yeah. I think it would be best to focus on the character's concrete feats primarily. That is a rather large list of characters in the OP that may have no other basis for 7-B stats than this vague statement. Threat scaling should not be the priority.

I also think PPP's ratings are particularly bad.

PsykoJet was half-dead, is a glass canon and took even less damage than what Genos and DK did to her when she wasn't sliced up.

How do we treat amped TTM? Do we just not scale him at all to normal TTM?

TTM amped by Fubuki? I don't think that would affect TTM's normal ratings.
Yes.

In that case, Post-Superfight Genos and Human Garou would be at least somewhat on par with PsykoJet's durability (when she was mostly intact) and Gums via TTM scaling.

Looks good I think

I don't think Choze can be used for scaling because although he is heavily implied to be Demon level, we never get actual confirmation. We will have to wait for the databook.

Only other notable feats I can think of for the verse are Nichirin splitting a city block in half and Brave Giant destroying several floors with one attack.

Ok, then we'll just scale them to baseline 8-A+ because Hammerhead (224.79 tons) is inferior to PPP even at less than half power.

Recon is correct, that isn't usable anymore. As I was told here.

Also I'm not certain if the Hammerhead's calc is good either. The shockwave he makes doesn't seem to have a reason to be 20 psi.

However I'd like to hear another calc group members' opinion on it. Since I'm not the best when it comes to One-Punch Man.

I suppose that's true. 10 is enough to **** up skyscrapers (see Beirut).

Maybe 5 or 10 (collapsing typical structures) is better.

Yes.

In that case, Post-Superfight Genos and Human Garou would be at least somewhat on par with PsykoJet's durability (when she was mostly intact) and Gums via TTM scaling.
Isn't it a bit weird how Orochi and Psykos are both individually superior to Half-Monster Garou but human Garou is on par with Psykosjet?

No, because Tatsumaki's twist damaged both aspects of PsykoOrochi to the point where Psykos was coughing blood. That's why she doesn't have a possibly High 6-A.

Also, this is just in terms of TTM scaling to her durability, not AP.

On another note, did TTM really stop the robot that wiped him away effortlessly a few panels later, or did he just move a leg and Metal Knight decided to stop because TTM was right in front of him?

Why is Tanktop Master scaling to Psykosjet again? He didn't harm her.

She had to avoid all of his rock throws completely, and he managed to fend off and take barely moderate damage from Gums (who damaged Genos) even after being taken by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back