• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Characters in Steven Universe

Nickobloke said:
yeah I thought it was pretty funny, they do have much less restrictions on there rules, if any for that matter, I just thought it interesting.
Yeah LMAO do you see how inconsistent and inaccurate they are? Lol. 3-A Beerus and Jire, for real? Literally everything in DB Super indicates that the GoD-tiers are Low 2-C (in fact they are like, so far above baseline-level of Low 2-C that it's crazy). So seeing that they rate the likes of Jiren, Beerus, and Ultra Instinct Goku (really guys? lol) as only 3-A tells me that site is horifically inaccurate and outdated in its info and research.

Damn I wish we could still edit profiles because that note under White Diamond's attack potency really needs to go away. She was never "implied to have cracked Homeworld" except in an article by some dude on Gizmodo who had no affiliation or source from the creators of the show. Why has that note been in her AP section for so long on here? How has nobody noticed? It literally says under White Diamond's attack-potency, as a note, "Also implied to be personally responsible for the broken state of the gem homeworld" and links to a Gizmodo article where the dude writing it said she "may be responsible" for Homeworld's broken state while literally not citing a single source. HOW DID NOBODY NOTICE THIS UNTIL NOW? That is literally as unacceptable a piece of "evidence" as possible under this site's standards, lololol, it seems like somebody put it there just to try to imply that White is a planet-buster and then no one ever realized to remove it even though it has literally no relation with the franchise's canon.

yeah I think that all comes from, apart from the article, the hype, when we saw homeworld in that state, the biggest thing on peoples minds was white diamond, as it was right before her reveal, so they assumed, of course, and just thought, hey white must have done it, mixed with hype and assumptions.

Nickobloke said:
yeah I think that all comes from, apart from the article, the hype, when we saw homeworld in that state, the biggest thing on peoples minds was white diamond, as it was right before her reveal, so they assumed, of course, and just thought, hey white must have done it, mixed with hype and assumptions.
What I want to know is why the heck somebody thought a Gizmodo article with no affiliation with the show's creators and which didn't cite any sources was a valid piece of evidence to cite on VsBattles, and why nobody noticed that and took it down since it completely goes against site standards to be so illogical, ya know? That's all I'm really getting at. Like I get exactly what you're saying about it being due to the hype. But my point is. . . .why would somebody think a random hype-statement from a random writer at Gizmodo is a valid piece of canon info on the series, and why did NOBODY ON HERE STOP THEM from adding it to White's profile? LMAO!

Nickobloke said:
exactly, first piece of business once the forum migration is done.
Problem is that just deleting that will make it seem like we have no evidence for the "likely far higher" part. But that is easily solved, we just need to take some of the stuff for the justifcation for the High 6-A part and put it after the Far Higher part, namely the stuff about her BEING FAR SUPERIOR TO YELLOW AND BLUE! Her vast superiority to Yellow and Blue is really all the evidence we need for "likely far higher," lol.

I've actually messaged Antvasima to ask him if he is still able to edit profiles in a way that won't be reverted by the move, and if so, if he can just delete that stupid piece of "evidence" linking to a random article at Gizmodo. If not, I am going to make a note on my calendar for early May to do so and to re-arrange the other evidence to show why we still have justification for her tiering.

Too bad we never saw a Diamond fusion, it would have been cool to see a quartet fusion or a trio fusion.

Kyleb79 said:
How strong would a Diamond Fusion be?
Like if Blue/Yellow fused to become Green Diamond? Considering that a fusion is WAY stronger than just the sum-of-its-parts, considering that how MUCH stronger is dependent on how strong the bond between the two components is (thus why Garnet is so strong and sang that song to Jasper about how she's "stronger than you" because her strength is that of Ruby and Sapphire's love), AND considering that Yellow and Blue have a very, very strong sisterly bond. . . .well, Green Diamond would be OVERPOWERED AS ****, to say the least. As in, if Yellow and Blue had learned to fuse, they would have certainly been a good deal stronger than White, and would've been able to K.O. Monster Steven with just pure physical force or whatever combined hax-power they would get from a mixture of Blue's and Yellow's powers. They'd probably be strong enough that in this case, just vague-upscaling alone would actually be enough of a justification (which it almost never is on VsB) to place Green Diamond at Tier At Least 5-C, because she would CERTAINLY be at least thousands of times stronger than Lapis' ocean-tower feat, and as Adem said would be FAR stronger than 8 Exatons.

BTW if you Google search for Green Diamond Fusion, you will find a TON of REALLY AWESOME fan-art. ALSO btw, green diamonds (as in, actual green coloration of the gemstone) exist in real life, but are very rare, especially the vivid/dark green ones. Their coloration is a result of exposure to high levels of radiation while forming.

Kyleb79 said:
Imagine a trio or all 4 of them.
That would just be tooooo much. Like if Steven fused with Yellow and Blue, I dunno what color that would make but the resulting entity would be INSANELY OP. If you added in White as well, then the fusion would be VERY unstable and have a hard time staying together, but would almost certainly be even stronger than a Fully Formed Cluster, like straight-up 5-A or higher, ESPECIALLY if Steven activated Pink State while part of the fusion. Heck, a Pink State 4-Way Diamond Fusion would probably be High 5-A or even Tier 4, lmaooooo holy shit dude.

Just popping in to say where's Aquamarine?, I know she's a glass cannon but she strong enough to restrain fusions and is an elite member of Blue diamonds court.

Physically it says unknown but the closest to seeing Aquamarine getting an AP Upgrade is this. Her with the wand seemed like the same thing Peridot used with the Limb Enhancers though the Wand can fully restrain Alexandrite for another time, I think it is either a type of Hax or Lifting Strength but not AP.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Just popping in to say where's Aquamarine?, I know she's a glass cannon but she strong enough to restrain fusions and is an elite member of Blue diamonds court.
Kyleb79 said:
Physically it says unknown but the closest to seeing Aquamarine getting an AP Upgrade is this. Her with the wand seemed like the same thing Peridot used with the Limb Enhancers though the Wand can fully restrain Alexandrite for another time, I think it is either a type of Hax or Lifting Strength but not AP.
The Wand does not count as it was not part of her natural abilities, it was not a "summoned" weapon. For example, Bluebird Azurite did not have the Wand in Future, as it was established in Save the Light and Unleash the Light as part of the true-canon background written for the games by Rebecca Sugar that all non-summoned (i.e. unnatural) Gem weapons like limb-enhancers had been confiscated from Gems at the start of Era 3 due to new laws. Aqua no longer having the Wand means that it was confiscated from her, so it was never part of her natural powers (which was already obvious since she carried it on her rather than summoning it out of her gemstone).

She could, however, be given a SEPARATE KEY with the Wand, like how Peridot has a separate key with her limb-enhanceers.

Kyleb, Aqua getting upgraded by getting smacked around by Pink State Steven isn't really an option as that was either PIS (plot-induced-stupidity) as is common in the show, or Steven was simply HOLDING BACK IMMENSELY in Pink State as we know he always did until his final fight with Jasper. So we have no idea if he was using anything like Tier 7-A power just because he was in Pink State; him being Pink only meant he was angry.

No, I mean the closest thing to her getting an AP Upgrade, I originally was going to put this link, but like I said I never agreed I said the closest thing to getting an AP upgrade.

I'll recorrect this sentence, "Limb Enhancers though the Wand can fully restrain Alexandrite for another time"

Recorrection: "Limb Enhancers bubble had the same functions as the Wand though the wand can restrain Alexandrite for an unknown time."

Kyleb79 said:
I'll recorrect this sentence, "Limb Enhancers though the Wand can fully restrain Alexandrite for another time"
Recorrection: "Limb Enhancers bubble had the same functions as the Wand though the wand can restrain Alexandrite for an unknown time."
What limb-enhancers? Aqua never had those. The Wand has no relation to Limb Enhancers other than being a non-summoned/unnatural weapon based on technology.

I thought what you referring to by using that link was the fact that Aquamarine was able to tank being smacked around by Pink State Steven, lol.

Aqua should probably get a SEPARATE KEY for when she has the Wand like how Peridot has a separate key with her limb-enhancers, as along with a vast AP upgrade (all the way to At Least High 6-A since the Wand can restrain Alexandrite EASILY) it also grants her new abilities like Paralysis Inducement and Forcefield Creation.

I randomly just brought up the limb-enhancers because they have that bubble ability though they are different and don't scale to each other.

The link had a time where Aquamarine was kicking Eyeball and seemed to Eyeball a little though I never said I'm agreeing with this upgrade.

Also, the Wand did unfuse Alexandrite how fast it is well Topaz was capable of dodging it.

Adem Warlock69 said:
How Strong would Demantoid (Without her Prism Constructed Limb Enhancers) be? she poofed a heavily damaged Pyrope.
Since Pyrope was very damaged, but also since Demantoid was clearly "weak for a Garnet," I would say probably At Least High 7-A but we can't necessarily say she was 6-C.

I have some questions.

Would Topaz fused be physically stronger than Garnet mainly because a single Topaz is vastly superior to a Ruby and a Sapphire or was Garnets' relationship just plain stronger than Topaz fused?

Steven and Peridot AP don't scale to their durability do you guys agree with it.

As well as @Goodyfresh when you said Overall Combat Ability did you mean who would overall win in a fight.

Kyleb79 said:
I have some questions.
Would Topaz fused be physically stronger than Garnet mainly because a single Topaz is vastly superior to a Ruby and a Sapphire or was Garnets' relationship just plain stronger than Topaz fused?

Steven and Peridot AP don't scale to their durability do you guys agree with it.

As well as @Goodyfresh when you said Overall Combat Ability did you mean who would overall win in a fight.
Yes, that is what I meant by overall combat ability. Stevonnie is "weaker" than Jasper or Garnet, but nevertheless can beat the former in a fight and can probably AT LEAST STALEMATE the latter. In fights, physical strength isn't everything, for sure. The reason Stevonnie is so great in combat is because of extreme skill and great use of their speed; Connie is a VERY skilled martial-artist and sword-user, and Steven himself is a skilled fighter, and because their relationship is so strong, when they fuse the resulting entity has INSANE skill. Thus why they were able to casually stomp Jasper and force her to retreat despite being physically weaker than Jasper. Which is impressive since Jasper herself is VERY SKILLED and experienced in combat, ya know?

It is impossible to evaluate who is stronger between Fused Topaz and Garnet except just by educated-guessing as I did. The only time they fought, Topaz "won" by handicapping Garnet so she couldn't hit her due to using human hostages. The idea that Sapphire/Ruby's relationship is "stronger" probably ISN'T true, as we know that Topaz and Topaz have "always been there for each other" and have a VERY strong relationship. They value the idea of bonds between two people so strongly that they were moved by Lars and Steven's bond and were willing to betray Homeworld to save them until being reminded that they would be shattered as punishment. On the other hand, a fusion between DIFFERENT GEM-TYPES seems to amplify power above the sum-of-its-parts far more than a fusion between same-type Gems. On the OTHER other hand, each individual Topaz is way stronger than Ruby or Sapphire are individually. Due to all those factors, the sole reason why I put Fused Topaz in spot 32 below Garnet at spot 31, is because the one time they fought, Topaz chose to handicap Garnet by using hostages. So my ranking is an educated guess; Topaz may have only done so because it was the "most efficient" way, and it's POSSIBLE that Fused Topaz may be stronger than Garnet and could beat her.

Would Zebra Jasper (Corrupted Jasper fusion) be comparable to Sugilite? Cause Jasper is equal to Garnet, and Ocean Jasper should be Amethyst Level?

Adem Warlock69 said:
Would Zebra Jasper (Corrupted Jasper fusion) be comparable to Sugilite? Cause Jasper is equal to Garnet, and Ocean Jasper should be Amethyst Level?
DEFINITELY not since Smoky Quartz was still able to beat her.

Reason why she's so weak despite being a fusion of two powerful gems is because there was literally no bond/relationship between Jasper and that Corrupted Quartz other than one of fear and mistrust, and the corrupted-gem had animel-level intellect. Remember that a fusion embodies the bond between two gems and how much its power is "more than the sum of its parts" depends on the strength of that bond. In Zebra's case, it was probably just like, a power-level of (Jasper+Corrupted Ocean) maybe times two or three at best. In Sugilite's case, it's more like (Garnet+Amethyst) times 100, lol. In Garnet's case ,it's like (Sapphire+Ruby) times 1000. Same with Stevonnie.

Malachite is a weird case because the power is heavily amplified from Lapis or Jasper, because they DO have a bond, it is just a VERY TOXIC bond, and the fusion was still CONSENSUAL. But that was dependent on them both having human-level intellect. Corrupted Ocean Jasper, having only animal-level intel and because she was forced into a non-consensual fusion, was really of no use as a fusion-component.

I'm sorry I'm asking too many questions but how fragile are the Gems(Not the physical body) and would you say a single Topaz can beat Pearl.

Kyleb79 said:
Though do you agree with Peridot and Steven(Season 1) not scaling to their durability?
Yes, Peridot's level with her metal-powers is "unknown," her poofing Corrupted Jasper with it seemed to be an outlier.Steven in Season 1 was all over the place because his powers were still fluctuating, the only aspect of his durability in S1 that ALWAYS scaled to the 7-A or 7-A+ characters was his shields and bubbles, obviously. Him tanking Jasper's headbutt and being knocked out but surviving was certainly a Regenerationn-feat rather than a durability-feat.

Yes, the Diamonds are canonically stronger than their warships, as Yellow was able to punch through the hull of her own ship quite easily, and was completley unharmed when her ship was irreparably damaged by the Partial Cluster.

You already know my thoughts on the Diamond Mech being wanked, it really shouldn't be much stronger than any of its individual components, and I don't think it "beat" Obsidian, Obsidian was just a very unstable fusion (Alexandrite is already unstable, add in Steven and well, ya know) who was mentally-shocked into unfusing; Considering that she could slice apart the Mech's parts as easily as if they were a tomato, the Mech was not actually stronger than her. And given that Yellow has power way above the mech's durability, then yes, THE DIAMONDS SHOULD BE STRONGER THAN THE MECH AS WELL!

You know what was definitely plot-induced-stupidity? The fact that all the Crystal Gems attacked Blue Diamond INDIVIDUALLY in Reunited. That was stupid. Did they FORGET that they could fuse into Alexandrite? And since Blue was such an overwhelming threat, why wouldn't Steven have at least TRIED to fuse with them into Obsidian? The fact that they could fuse was deliberately forgotten by Rebecca for the purposes of plot so that Blue could still stomp them, lol.

yeah that's a big thing, first we see of white diamond she looks to be over 70 fee tall, then in other frames she isn't that much taller then yellow.

Kyleb79 said:
"A gem hurting a diamond is absurd" gets hurt by some ordinary gems lol.
She wasn't actually HURT as far as we could TELL, there wasn't a single scratch on her physical form. She was just hit by enough force at once to bring her to her knees, and keep in mind the biggest component of that was STEVEN WITH A SPIKED BUBBLE that has At Least High 6-A durability, who was THROWN with full power by LAPIS' WATER-MANIP which is also At Least High 6-A.

If she WAS "hurt" at all, it was by the combined power of Lapis' force from water-manip and the dura of Steven's bubble, which actually is consistent and makes sense since Lapis was able to physically restrain Blue with her chains and Blue needed to use her Aura to break them, and since the durability of Steven's shield and bubbles at the time scaled to Yellow and Blue; All the other Gems hitting Blue alongside Steven/Lapis' combo just shocked her enough, along with that one impact that was actually enough to hurt a tiny bit, to briefly bring her to her knees.

And oh yeah, while Rebecca was good at writing a story with NO plot-holes when it comes to character-arcs and story, she was TERRIBLE with inconsistencies when it came to power-scaling and even WORSE when it came to SIZE!

I remember seeing a video saying Lapis was "Holding Back" against the diamonds which is BS. Also clearly structures range from 7-A to High 6-A as a barn knocked down Blue diamond temporarily(This is a joke)

Kyleb79 said:
I remember seeing a video saying Lapis was "Holding Back" against the diamonds which is BS. Also clearly structures range from 7-A to High 6-A as a barn knocked down Blue diamond temporarily(This is a joke)
Well yeah dude I mean I already said in this thread, that random tree in the forest that Aquamarine used her Wand (again not a natural weapon so she doesn't scale to it) to throw Steven into so hard it knocked him out, must have 7-A+ durability like Steven did at the time, since it withstood such a blow. So even random trees can be Tier 7-A in this series. So can boulders, since they are durable enough for Jasper to see them as worth training with, and one of them was able to crack Amethyst and nearly kill her! Small boulders also clearly have Class M weight (between a million and a billion tons) by scaling to Steven's lifting-strength, since it was "training" for Jasper and Steven to carry and throw them and Steven had a hard time with carrying them!

I mean either that or Rebecca Sugar has no clue whatsoever when it comes to math and physics. . . .oh wait. LOL.

yeah t makes for a lot of contradictions and lack of evidence when that is the case, which is why the scaling in this verse isn't the best.

Back