• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Characters in Steven Universe

Pretty much as many creators say this character is "Omnipotent" when someone is more powerful than them.

Yeah, but still Fanbases are much worse than the creators, at least most I mean everyone knows the Cancer of Fanbases and commenting something negative on Youtube or any other popular can cause suicide.

Kyleb79 said:
I believe we are running out of ideas of stronger debates with Steven Universe.
Honestly yeah we've pretty much figured out anything there is to discuss in this thread and at this point are just making jokes about barns being At Least High 6-A and trees and boulders being 7-A+, while all having a good laugh about how most writers and artists can't do math or physics to save their lives. LMAO.

I'll just copy-paste this unanswered question, how fragile are the Gems(Not the physical body) and would you say a single Topaz can beat Pearl though a fused should be able to. As well as, how strong Combat wise was Pearl to Garnet as I never knew how to compare them.

Kyleb79 said:
I'll just copy-paste this unanswered question, how fragile are the Gems(Not the physical body) and would you say a single Topaz can beat Pearl though a fused should be able to. As well as, how strong Combat wise was Pearl to Garnet as I never knew how to compare them.
The fragility of gemstones vs the body is HIGHLY inconsistent in the series, so for the purposes of this site, we just assume the gemstone is as durable as the body. Sometimes in the series the gemstone is less durable than the body, other times it's more durable, so due to that inconsistency, we on here just assume there isn't a difference.

It's hard to say if a single Topaz can beat Pearl, but PROBABLY NOT even though they're physically stronger and more durable than her. Pearl is PHYSICALLY WEAKER AND LESS DURABLE than typical Quartzes (who're big and buff), let alone Topazes who are a higher class of warriors than Quartzes (Quartzes are foot-soldiers, Topazes are "elite" body-guards and high-class-minions); Nevertheless, Pearl defeated COUNTLESS Quartzes and other Warrior-Type Gems during the Gem War. Because while Pearl's AP is less than their Dura, it is ENOUGH for her to stab them with her sword and poof them; So she beat them using SPEED AND SKILL! This is another case, like Stevonnie vs Jasper, where being "physically weaker and less durable" does NOT mean being "weaker" in actual combat.

So is Pearl as PHYSICALLY STRONG as a single Topaz? Definitely not. But she's at least strong enough to stab one. And is she fast and skilled enough? Yeah. Honestly, Pearl can probably beat any single Topaz besides the **most skilled ones**; whether ANY Topaz has enough combat experience and skill to actually land a hit on Pearl is unknown.

And yes Topazes are stronger than Quartzes. Jasper is just a freakish exception because she is "The Perfect Quartz," so she is a good deal stronger than a single Topaz.

Would you say the Main Amethyst can beat an average quartz, though can a single Topaz beat her. Also, how would Pearl do against Garnet and Fused Topaz?

Kyleb79 said:
Would you say the Main Amethyst can beat an average quartz, though can a single Topaz beat her. Also, how would Pearl do against Garnet and Fused Topaz?
Yes, Amethyst of the Crystal Gems can probably beat an average Quartz, as it has been outright stated in-series that she "can do everything a normal Quartz can do." It's become clear that TRAINING HAS VALUE FOR GEMS and they can grow stronger over time; If that weren't the case, then why would Jasper bother with training in Future, and how did Amethyst grow stronger (see below)? FYI yeah Jasper is probably even stronger (maybe stronger than Garnet) by now, but we can't prove it.

It seems as if Amethyst is as strong and durable as any "normal" Quartz thanks to all her training, and thanks to her VAST amount of experience in battle and training with the likes of Pearl and Garnet, she is definitely more skilled than average Quartzes! Sure she got stomped by Jasper, but notice that she TRAINED AND GOT STRONGER before their second fight, and noticeably did better in Round 2 despite still getting stomped; in the second fight she could at least SOMEWHAT keep up with Jasper. Amethyst has obviously gotten stronger over the millennia thanks to training and experience, to the point where she can probably defeat average/normal Quartzes. Unfortunately for her, Jasper is a PERFECT Quartz, so she can't beat Jasper no matter how much she trains.

Is she as strong as a single Topaz? It's really not possible to say FOR SURE, but just like Pearl, whether or not she's physically as strong/durable as Topazes (she probably isn't), **she can PROBABLY still defeat them in battle** since she is consistently portrayed as about on-par with Pearl. Heck, judging by Fused Topaz's performance, it's safe to assume that Jasper could stomp a single Topaz NEARLY as easily as she stomped Amethyst, and Amethyst, like Pearl, would have more skill/experience than most Topazes.

Sorry, It didn't really understand the 3rd paragraph so I will do point-form.

-Can Amethyst beat a single Topaz or even a fused Topaz

-Can Pearl do the same as stated above

-How would Pearl do against Garnet or Jasper in a fight

Also, I'm sorry if I am annoying you with this barrage of text.

This will be LONG but I will try to explain things more clearly. I'm sorry if that's difficult; it seems English is not your first language. On the other hand, I am a native English speaker and tend to write in a fairly "advanced" way, I'm sorry if that makes it difficult to understand me. Here goes:

Pearl would get her ass kicked by Garnet or Jasper, Jasper is NEARLY as skilled as Pearl and just TOO much more powerful (Pearl is at best only a SLIGHTLY better fighter than Amethyst, Jasper could stomp her like she stomped Amethyst), while Garnet can beat Jasper. Either Garnet or Jasper would stomp Amethyst or Pearl.

Amethyst or Pearl could beat a single Topaz despite the fact that they are probably physically weaker and less durable than a single Topaz; they're still close ENOUGH in power to damage and poof them, and Amethyst has grown as strong as any Quartz who isn't "perfect" like Jasper. Amethyst and Pearl are FAR MORE SKILLED than most Quartzes or Topazes due to experience and training; they've been fighting corrupted gems for 5000 years, and have been training with Garnet, who can beat Jasper, for all that time. Thanks to superior SKILL, yes both Pearl and Amethyst could beat a single Topaz unless that Topaz themselves has a HUGE amount of skill and experience.

It 's UNLIKELY that any single Topaz, or any non-"Perfect" Quartz, has the SKILL to match Pearl or Amethyst in a fight; Not only have they been training with Garnet, but the most difficult enemies who most Quartzes or Topazes have ever fought are just organic lifeforms, which with rare exceptions like the Bird-Blob-Thing that Stevonnie fought, tend to be way weaker than the Corrupted Gems that Amethyst and Pearl have been beating for 5000 years.

However, I'm POSITIVE that neither Amethyst nor Pearl could beat a Fused Topaz, as Topazes are a higher class of warrior gem than Quartzes, so that would be like beating a fusion of two stronger-than-average Quartzes, which Pearl or Amethyst couldn't do.

Now here's something WEIRD to consider: SPINEL'S SKILL IN COMBAT! Her fight in which she went one-on-four against the CG's when she arrived was the first time she ever fought in her life as far as we know; she was made for entertainment, not for combat. Not only that, but she had been STANDING STILL FOR THE LAST 6000 YEARS! She's actually the best physical brawler (so not counting people like Lapises, or Steven who couldn't beat her with physical abilities and had to use shields/bubbles) in the series besides Diamonds, True Garnets (Hessonite, Pyrope), and stronger Fusions. If she actually trained like Amethyst and Jasper do, she'd be practically unstoppable! Edit: SOMEBODY ON REDDIT SEEMS TO HAVE FOUND A GOOD EXPLANATION FOR WHY SPINEL IS SO GOOD AT FIGHTING!

Nah, English is my main language the reason is most users answer questions in sentences though you normally write your answers in large paragraphs which is why it gets confusing also. Is it the afternoon for you because I live in Canada and you reply near the late afternoon.

Wait, what is the wankest we can even bring the Steven Universe characters to. Also, I said what would you want to change about the profiles. How long would it be in Paragraphs as you said it would be your biggest wall of text. You would be good at making your own Profile Blogs.

Look I am a very very detail-oriented person with pretty bad OCD. Sorry if you don't like how much detail I go into with my explanations. I dunno what to tell ya about that.I'm sorry that the very detail-oriented way in which I answer questions is unappealing. I just like to give a lot of evidence and background for my viewpoints. Sorry :(

What? No, I mean I'm not used to seeing people on here who write large walls of text I'm not against that heck it's pretty interesting to read your wall of text.

Kyleb79 said:
What? No, I mean I'm not used to seeing people on here who write large walls of text I'm not against that heck it's pretty interesting to read your wall of text.
Oh well okay, I'm glad someone finds my information-overload to be interestting, LOL!

Kyleb79 said:
Would you say, Pearl taking multiple hits from Sugilite is PIS?
OH YES, that was VERY much PIS. It was actually one of the worst cases of PIS ever in the franchise, haha. Like obviously even just a single hit from Sugilite should have one-shot-poofed Pearl.

Sugilite being completely K.O.'d by her weapon falling on her head just from the force of gravity was also PIS, since that was only a building-level impact. LOL.

So in that one single fight-scene, we got a high-end-PIS durability-outlier for Pearl, and a low-end-PIS durability-outlier for Sugilite. That basically sums up in a single scene everything we need to know about how inconsistent and full of PIS the scaling is in the series, hahahaha. Thus as we joked about, we have trees with 7-A+ durability, barns with High 6-A durabillity, Amethyst nearly dying from a 9-B impact, and boulders no taller than a human which clearly must weigh a billion tons each. LOL!

This is kind of off-topic but, I would love to see what would happen if Bill Cipher existed in the Steven Universe verse(Starting as a 2-D Being).

Kyleb79 said:
This is kind of off-topic but, I would love to see what would happen if Bill Cipher existed in the Steven Universe verse(Starting as a 2-D Being).
Um. . . .what? He wouldn't fit in at all in the S.U. verse, though. . . .not in terms of personality or tone, nor in terms of power-set and hax.

Wait are you sure Pearl surviving hits from Sugilite was one of the worst cases of PIS? I mean White Diamond was supposedly going to get shattered by a pillar and we discussed about Amethyst getting hurt by a rock.

Kyleb79 said:
@Goodyfresh
Question, what was your reason for putting "Base" Pink State Steven in #10 or was it more of an estimate.
Definitely just an estimate. He seems to be "somewhat" Diamond-Level, but not "true" Diamond-level (as in, at least Yellow/Blue's level) like Chad (lol) Steven is, although of course his shields/bubbles even in "base" Pink State have durability waaaay above Yellow and Blue, lol.

That's why I put him right below the partiall-formed Cluster and below the likes of Obsidian, Yellow, and Blue.

4 Questions(Sorry If I am annoying to you)

I don't disagree with you but what was Chad Pink Steven's reason for being on par with the other Diamonds.

If Chad Pink Steven fought, say Blue or Yellow would he Speed Blitz?

If Obsidian fought someone like Blue or Yellow what would happen(Exclude Blue's Empathetic Manipulation)

What would happen If Alexandrite fought Blue(Like in Reunited) but this time Blue doesn't use her Empathy?

Also, I agree with you putting "Base" Pink State in #10.

Alexandrite almost definitely isn't as physically powerful as Yellow or Blue. Obsidian definitely is though, in fact she is probably MORE PHYSICALLY POWERFUL AND DURABLE than Yellow or Blue as **her sword cut through the Diamond Warships very easily in single strokes, while Yellow had to punch the hull of her ship from the inside A FEW TIMES to break through it.** Obsidian is likely, especially with her sword, a LOT more physically powerful and durable than Yellow or Blue, and she may be PHYSICALLY on-par with White or with Monster Steven! The reasons I still rated her BELOW them in **overall combat ability** are:

1. Yellow and Blue have hax. Yellow's deconstruction and Blue's empathathic-manip could probably defuse Obsidian, although if Deconstruction-beams can be blocked by higher durability, Obsidian could tank them. She also has STEVEN'S SHIELD (remember she can summon all her components' weapons, the sword is all combined into one) which can block any gem-hax like Deconstruction. HOWEVER, Blue's empathic-manip should still beat her.

2. Obsidian is a very unstable fusion, so a mental shock will defuse her. That's her big weakness.

TO ANSWER YOUR SPECIFIC QUESTION THOUGH: OBSIDIAN COULD PROBABLY BEAT YELLOW OR BLUE IF BLUE DOESN'T USE HER EMPATHIC-MANIP! Obsidian could block Yellow's deconstruction-beams with her sword since Steven's Shield is part of it!!! Since she cut through the mech way easier than Yellow, she can likely physically one-shot Yellow and Blue with her sword, and her range is just as good since she has access to stuff like Opal's bow/arrows, so as long as Blue's Empathic-Manip was restricted, Obsidian could PROBABLY beat her or Yellow! They could give her a tough fight by enhancing their physical power with their Auras, though, which is why I'm a bit uncertain and said "probably."

So, what I'm getting here is that Yellow would just plain lose and Blue only beats her with her Empathy.

Back