• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Characters in Steven Universe

Kyleb79 said:
So, what I'm getting here is that Yellow would just plain lose and Blue only beats her with her Empathy.
Wait, we forgot that there are 2 versions of Obsidian. Roses Fusion and Steven's Fusion.
I am talking about the one with Steven. We have no feats for the one with Rose so we can't rate her, but it's OBVIOUS that she would stomp the Diamonds by being much stronger than the version with Steven. Rose was 6-C+, Steven in Change Your Mind (with the exception of Pink/Gem Steven) was 7-A+, so Obsidian with Rose would have been several times as powerful as the one with Steven and would just ROFL-stomp Yellow and Blue.

And to the first thing, NOT QUITE: I'm saying that while I SUSPECT she would, we can't be SURE Yellow would lose to Obsidian, as the Decon-beams MAY cause enough mental shock even if blocked to defuse Obsidian since she's so unstable (attacks from a mech less powerful than Obsidian were able to defuse her). Also, the Diamonds can ENHANCE THEIR PHYSICAL STATS with their Auras (heck, that's obviously what Steven's Pink State in Future actually is, it's him with his Pink aura stacked on top)! Lapis' water-manip was above Blue's physical-power, but as soon as Blue activated her Aura, she broke the water-chains EASILY. So I highly suspect that Obsidian would beat Yellow, but I can't be SURE since we don't know just how much stronger Yellow gets with Aura, and since Obsidian is so unstable that she was defused by the Mech.

So for Obsidian vs Yellow, or vs Blue With Empathy Restricted, I am leaning maybe 70 to 80% towards Obsidian (partly because her sword could posisbly one-shot) and 20 to 30% towards Blue or Yellow, thus why I said "probably." While if it was Obsidian 1-vs-2 against Blue and Yellow together (Blue's empathy still restricted), I would lean like, 50% towards Obsidian winning.

Kyleb79 said:
Would you say, Roses Obsidian Fusion is physically around someone like Monster Steven?
I mean, I'm pretty sure Steven's Obsidian Fusio is physically around Monster Steven's level, being physically stronger than the Partially Formed Cluster and all that. It's hard to tell since she used a bladed weapon enhanced with heat, but she was able to physically best the Arm-Warships better than the Cluster could, ya know?

Rose's Obsidian Fusion would have been absolutely monstrous. But surely still not as powerful as Monster Steven. Sure, that version of Obsidian MAY have been PHYSICALLY stronger than Monster Steven, she almost definitely was; but that wouldn't matter against Monster Steven's insane durability and incredibly powerful scream-shockwaves. I'm positive that Monster Steven is still the most powerful (overall in combat) gem-entity to ever exist in the verse's history, alongside Pink Diamond (before she was Rose) if she ever threw a tantrum and went berserk as hardcore as Steven did when he turned Monster, haha.

Sorry for the long reply, Would you say Monster Stevens Screams Maybe stronger than him physically. I mean the same went for Pink Diamond she is physically on par with other Diamonds. But her worst screams should cause something like Monster Stevens. Mainly because like Blue she couldn't escape Lapis' Chains until she used her aura then she broke out easily. Then Monster Steven has a hard time though he would've broken out according to Lapis then he completely destroyed the chains and in the process knocking out the other Diamonds(The others not poofing or shattering is BS).

Monster Steven scream is strong. Pink Diamond is probably the strongest of the gems maybe Rose. Steven Obsidian Fusion does somewhat exceed Monster Stevens physical strength, we might be asking does the scream count on the physical toughness of Monster Steven. Is it a melee, maybe a power?

I see this is your first message on the wiki, I'm guessing Monster Steven physically and his screams Maybe have an AP Gap.

Kyleb79 said:
I see this is your first message on the wiki, I'm guessing Monster Steven physically and his screams Maybe have an AP Gap.
That's obviously true, yes. Pink State Steven has a gap between his physical power, and his Shields/Bubbles, and POSSIBLY his screams. While Monster Steven clearly has a gap between his physical power (probably not his durability though, from what we saw) and his Screams.

His physical power is insane too though; while he broke out of Lapis' restraints with a Scream, it's notable that he broke free of the Cluster with pure physical strength, which was a crazy enough feat that Peridot was SHOCKED and said "he's stronger than THE CLUSTER!?!?!?!" And remember that as a Certified Kindergartener, Peri is an expert on Gem-Powers. So yeah.

Sorry again for the long reply, I know Monster Steven is stronger than White but Steven got all of his powers from Pink Diamond. So is Pink stronger than White?

Kyleb79 said:
So is Pink stronger than White?
We already went over this. Yes, she was. But she was kind of like a "Gem-version of The Hulk," in that her strength depended on her emotions. I am guessing that her "normal base level" was around Chad Steven's level, i.e. on-par with Yellow and Blue, but that she was able to grow far, far stronger with passionate emotions. It's obvious that her high-end would have been AT LEAST as much as Monster Steven's power. That is probably why everyone, including the other Diamonds, was so concerned about her "tantrums."

In fact, I AM ALMOST POSITIVE THAT'S WHY THE OTHER DIAMONDS ABUSED HER EMOTIONALLY: Notice that Blue was able to lock her in a room/cell that she could have easily broken out of if she wanted. The other three Diamonds spent EONS bullying Pink by telling her she is "un-Diamond-like" and "stupid" and "incompetent." My guess is, they did so because THEY FEARED HER POWER WHEN SHE BECAME OVERLY EMOTIONAL AND THAT POWER GREW, sometimes to levels even above White; as a result, and because they were people who didn't know how to properly connect with someone and sit them down to have a reasonable, empathetic/compassionate conversation, they resorted to breaking down her will by emotionally abusing her so that she wouldn't have the will to use her superior emotion-enhanced powers to physically fight back against them, so they would have a means to control her.

Sorry for the long reply again. So if she felt stress and anger like Monster Steven she would grow to that level. So what I'm getting "Base Form" Pink Diamond is on par with Blue and Yellow and if she feels emotions like Monster Steven she can grow to that level.

Kyleb79 said:
Sorry for the long reply again. So if she felt stress and anger like Monster Steven she would grow to that level. So what I'm getting "Base Form" Pink Diamond is on par with Blue and Yellow and if she feels emotions like Monster Steven she can grow to that level.
Yes that's exactly what I mean, although whether her "base" level is actually on-par with Chad Steven/Yellow/Blue is uncertain.

As Nickobloke just said, all these questions are either answered among stuff we've already covered, or are things for which we don't have enough information/background to be certain.

Kyleb79 said:
Question, what was the reason Chad Steven is on par with the other Diamonds.
This applies both to Chad Steven and "Helpful" Steven: It's basically just educated guessing/speculation from how he was portrayed, but with A TON of evidence for it, like how hard he could stomp Gems that are normally considered "strong" (like Jasper) and the level of powers which he displayed. In "Helpful" State (which is the same size/body-type/strength-level as Chad State but driven by different emotions) he was clearly inconceivably above the level of other Gems, given how he could speed-blitz the likes of Garnet and how everyone in Little Homeworld was terrified by his level of power. Everything about his depiction in Chad and Helpful states just seemed to scream "Diamond-Level." Then consider that Chad and Helpful states are a stats-boost from "Base" Pink State, which is already enhanced with his Diamond Aura (which is a strong enough Diamond Aura to push back and overcome Yellow and Blue's Auras as we saw in "Reunited"), and thus to some extent already Diamond-Level. Finally, if you further consider that in Chad and Helpful States he has displayed the best movement-speed feats in the series, we have so much "circumstantial" evidence for him being True-Diamond-Level in Chad State and Helpful State that even the likes of Content Mods on here seem to agree that he is.

His shields/bubbles are especially overpowered in that state, or really in any version of Pink State. I actually have set up Versus-Matches for him against Blue and Yellow, with Monster State restricted (to avoid an obvious stomp), and most people have voted for Steven in them since his shields/bubbles in Pink State are soooo overpowered.

Again sorry for a long reply. The profile says that the Diamonds are comparable to Pink State Steven in speed, do you agree with that?

Well in(I believe Pink State vs Yellow)thread. Which I responded that they should be around the same speed, while Goody said something along the words of we actually have no proof of that(Note, I'm on mobile so I can't double-check it and I may have misread it) also no I was not aware that he edited the profiles, as he has his Largest Wall of text of what he would do.

Yes, I made the final revisions to Steven's profile (although Weekly is responsible for cleaning it up and making it look nice), and edited Yellow's, Blue's, and White's profiles. I did a few others as well, like adding some powers for Rainbow 2.0 and making edits to Smoky, as well as upgrading Lapis' tiering, reaction-speed, and the speed of her water-manipulation (see below).

The thing you said about speed is correct: Yellow and Blue are LIKELY comparable to Pink State Steven in speed, but we don't have evidence except for them being fellow Diamonds. That's why for the edits I made to their speed sections, it says "At least Relativistic, likely higher Reactions and Combat Speed (Should be far superior in speed to the Crystal Gems by somewhat scaling to Pink State Steve)." They're PROBABLY as fast as Pink State Steven, due to being on the same level of power as him which can be described as "overwhelmingly above other Gems except for The Cluster, Obsidian, and one obviously-mutant/'perfect' Lapis." That last part is why I got approval in the CRT to edit Lapis' speed-tier (for her reactions and water-manip) as well as her AP-tier (with water), both to "likely higher," in her profile.

The reason why I made the versus-matches against Blue and Yellow speed-equalized is because we don't have actual proof they're just as fast as Pink State Steven, so assuming equal speed is essentially a "precautionary measure," although it's in fact likely an ACCURATE assumption.

First post, recognition accepted and yea AP would mostly get to what my beginning statement would attempt to wrangle. Pink over White seems to be what has been observed by me, as many know it's high time a new poster deserve undue respect in forums alike. Now, to the point of Steven, Connie (Rose Obsidian Fusion somewhat included as a denotation concept), and Pink State Steven. I guess I consider the scream yea as a manipulation as Connie would be to Rose. Not as a precursory sense more like Goody might say the Yellow is to a Blue. Or conditionary as the term applies.

Not like a Chad Steven would to Steven as I might think would be most highly regarded as belief. Although not as questionable as Pink Obsidian or a White Diamond to Lapiz, Diamond, Pink Diamond etc. to keep it concise and to not detract from common opinion accordingly.

Yes, Monster should be Stronger than White even without his screams. His screams can possibly knock down himself.

Scream definitely sets him back though with the fact that Giant Prism Fusion has Prism Fusion and I mean I refer back to the overall combat ability reference to satisfy the AP / melee discussion instead of playing word games we cannot forget the relative speed, speed equalizing of the Speed Manipulation Yellow or Blue Steven possess. Yellow and Blue as against a Pink, Chad or Pure Pink Steven On the slower side of that spectrum and let's say a Diamond or Opal and Diamond Mech. Maybe Chad Steven is a tiny amount faster although his other Gem states have more combat strength as compared to combat speed.

It seems I just repeated that it's a ability, abilities compared and in contrast to a available strength discussion to me.

I made a video about it recently https://youtu.be/Dxq5MSi8Olo if it's against the rules to link my video I'll delete it

I'm guessing you mean Obsidian and how unstable she was.

We mainly put Pure Gem Steven strong mainly because she was a Pure Gem of "Base" Pink Diamond and Pink Steven should be around the strength of Pink State Steven who is around Pink Diamond. Note some are just estimates as we can never be 100% sure. Though I don't agree with Pink Steven "Stomping" White Diamond on the wiki as it's clearly shown that White used a blast from 6 other people when it's clearly shown that was just pure shields (Which in a standard battle Pink Steven wouldn't be deflecting 6 other beams as when Pink Steven deflected one beam nothing happened.) the only strength feat we have for Pink Steven and Pink Diamond is his Pure Gem scaling to Pink Diamond who should be Diamond level. As well as, Pink Steven with a single shout almost destroying the floor of White Diamonds ship.

CrackNet said:
I don't think fusions are corrupted or pure gem steven strong
Monster Steven wasn't truly corrupted, just shapeshifted and the high-end of Pink State Steven with strong emotions. . .check out the Steven Universe CRT Thing threads (Part 1 and Part 2), we went over this at length.

And Obsidian was definitely Diamond-level. In fact her sheer attack-potency with her sword is STRONGER THAN YELLOW DIAMOND'S PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Obsidian with her sword was able to easily slice through the Arm-Warships like they were bananas, while in Reunited, Yellow Diamond had to punch the hull of her Arm-Warship from the inside a few times in the same spot in order to break through it. The only reason why Obsidian might lose in a fight to someone like Yellow is because she is a VERY unstable fusion who is easily mentally shocked into unfusing.

Pure Base

Think it's Pure Pink Steven not gem base

My list is all gems (Opal excluded) over Sunstone Fable included of course and Diamond Mech up one

CrackNet said:
I don't think fusions are corrupted or pure gem steven strong
Prism Fusion needs to be higher on your list Light prism or no. Pure Pink State Smoky Quartz is 7-A or higher so yea White Diamond is not against the sword but who is. Obsidian can be corrupted and unstable with significant damage to one of their gems. Uncle Grandpa is only universe when quantum realm state in question plus not in game. Uncle Grandpa isn't the Uncle or Grandpa of Fable.. .

Prism Fusion needs to be higher on your list Light prism or no. Pure Pink State Smoky Quartz is 7-A or higher so yea White Diamond is not against the sword but who is. Obsidian can be corrupted and unstable with significant damage to one of their gems. Uncle Grandpa is only universe when quantum realm state in question plus not in game. Uncle Grandpa isn't the Uncle or Grandpa of Fable.. .

There's no reason for the Prism Fusion to be higher

Normat1 said:
Wouldn't White still be stronger than the cluster since she can just take control of it?
We don't know if she actually can take control of a forced (or any) fusion with that many components. It's also likely that she can't take control of any Gem more powerful than herself; that just wouldn't ever prove to be an issue except with The Cluster and Monster State Steven. Pure Gem Steven clearly needed his shields to block her mind-control beams, so still wasn't as powerful as White except with shields/bubbles. But Monster Steven is just straighht-up immune to her powers. We can assume that since a Fully Formed Cluster is above even Monster Steven and would be "more monstrous" as well, she couldn't take control of it any better than she could "connect" (just the reverse power) with Monster Steven.

Goodyfresh said:
We don't know if she actually can take control of a forced (or any) fusion with that many components. It's also likely that she can't take control of any Gem more powerful than herself; that just wouldn't ever prove to be an issue except with The Cluster and Monster State Steven. Pure Gem Steven clearly needed his shields to block her mind-control beams, so still wasn't as powerful as White except with shields/bubbles. But Monster Steven is just straighht-up immune to her powers. We can assume that since a Fully Formed Cluster is above even Monster Steven and would be "more monstrous" as well, she couldn't take control of it any better than she could "connect" (just the reverse power) with Monster Steven.
I see now thanks for the clarification

Those shields are legit though being able to block mind control powers. Matter and extensional manipulation two fold. Matter of though is Quartz has a higher tier than Diamond in true comparison.

On the tact and warfare mentality aspect side of the board Pink Smoky Quartz is a juggernaut of sorts towards all attributes with skill and precision ranking toward more self aware as such then say a less precise, ranking combative opponent. An example might be say White Diamond in it's Entitial combative fusion interlaying. The fact that Pink Smoky Quartz has fusion at any also would question the option to operate in hard fought turns of attacks in other previous gem states unapplied measure or consistently activating weakness based behind-armor deployed aggression. Shields always scale very-well in match ups like that.

Back