• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Characters in Steven Universe

I'm just interested to see your opinions list as many as you want Machine can be included(Examples, Diamond Mech and Diamond Warships, and Gem Warships) All forms are separate examples, Pink Steven, Pink State Steven and Season whatever Steven are separate on the list. I know Monster Steven and the Diamonds are up there.

You can make a Top 10, maybe Top 25 even higher it's your choice and just for fun.

here my list, Just my opinio

1. the cluster (Fully formed) 2. Pink Diamond/Steven (Monster form) 3. White diamond 4. Diamond mech 5. Yellow diamond 6. Blue diamond 7. Obsidian 8. Malachite 9.Lapis (Her powers are op, but she is a glass cannon) 10. Alexandrite

Don't worry this is an opinion thread no one can argue with you.

Also here's some characters you can add if you want.

Partially Formed Cluster, Pink Steven, Pink State Steven, Pink Diamond, Rose Quartz, Future/Movie Steven, Sunstone, Smoky Quartz, Stevonnie, Squaridot, Hessonite, Spinel, Rainbow Quartz, Rainbow Quartz 2.0, Sardonyx, Opal, White Light, Jasper, Crystal Gems, Bismuth, Rubies, Holo-Pearls, Gem Warship(Example: The Ship Peridot Drove), Diamond Warship and Diamond Mech.

This is to show the main ones if you forgot any.

1. The Fully Formed Cluster (Too Big)

2. Monster Steve (Stomped The Diamonds, One-Shot Alexandrite and Overpowered the Partially Formed Cluster)

3. Giant Prism Fusion (Demantoid and Pyrope were planning to use him to make a new empire and beat the diamonds, is a Fusion of 3 Prisms , And the Prism we know is the weakest of the Three, made two ForceFields that not even Lapis can damage)

4. Diamond Mech (One-Shot Obsidian)

5. White Diamond (Strongest Pure Diamond)

6. Pink State Smoky Quartz (Pink State Steven but a bit stronger)

7. Chad Steve/Yellow Diamond/Blue Diamond/Pink Diamond/Pure Pink Steve (Speed Blitz/Aura/Electrokinesis/Radiated Pathokinesis)

8. Obsidia (Scales to what the diamond scale to)

9. Partially Formed Cluster (The Diamonds scale to it)

10. Diamond Warships (Almost as Strong the Cluster)

11. White Light/Hessonite with Light Prism(Alexandrite Level with Light Speed attack speed, ca create Armies of Light Warriors)

12. Malachite (Lapis 's Water Hax is Diamond Level)

13. Alexandrite (Scales to Malachite Physically)

14. Lapis Lazuli (Diamond Level, but a Glass cannon)

15. Mean & Nice Lapis (Lapis but weaker)

16. Rainbow Quartz (Rose Fusion)

17. Rose Quartz (Beat Hessonite, and an army of Light Warrior)

18. Hessonite (One-Shot Sugilite and Sardonyx)

19. Demantoid and Pyrope (Comparable to Hessonite)

20. Sugilite/Sardonyx (Stronger than Sunstone)

21. Sunstone (Stronger than Opal)

22. Opal (The Reason why Most of the Fusions are 6-C) and Mega Pearl

23. Fable (Hax God)

24. Peridot with Gem Warship (Stone Wall)

25. Smoky Quartz/Rainbow Quartz 2.0 (Far above Jasper)

I am guessing you were just mentioning Rainbow Quartz 2.0 though I believe you didn't mention Rainbow Quartz 1.0(Pearl and Rose) just wanted to mention that, and you can add White Light on his own as another character so that just a mini suggestion.

Just curious what was your reason you put White Light/Hessonite with the Prism above Alexandrite just curious.

What character would you say is after Smoky Quartz/Rainbow Quartz 2.0 though if you don't want to you don't want to.

I agree with most of this list except a couple nitpicks: I suspect that White Diamond is more powerful than the full Diamond Mech. In fact I suspect Obsidian is too as I don't think she actually got "one-shotted," see below. We saw in Reunited that the Diamond Warships, even if POWERFUL, in that case are certainly glass-cannons, as their durability is far below that of Blue and Yellow; Yellow was able to easily punch her way out through the hull of her Warship. We've no reason to believe the torso portion is somehow more powerful or durable than the other parts. One-shotting Obsidian with a headbutt might not even ACTUALLY mean it's more powerful than Obsidian, I've actually always had an issue with that argument for the following reasons:

1. Obsidian was able to slice up the Mech like it was a freaking cucumber, lol.

2. Obsidian is a VERY UNSTABLE FUSION, more-so than Alexandrite who we already know has a LOT of trouble staying fused. The shock of that head-butt may have just been enough to destabilize the fusion, but didn't actually overcome its durabilty; After all, the COMPONENTS of the fusion showed no signs of damage whatsoever and Steven showed no signs of fatigue after Obsidian got "one-shotted" (as opposed to in I am My Monster when Steven one-shotted Alexandrite and after that the three CG's were like "uggggh" for a bit). Personally, I just think Obsidian was very unstable, and the mental shock of the VERY UNEXPECTED head-butt is was caused them to destabilize and unfuse. I highly suspect that Obsidian is actually above the mech.

Personally I've always thought the Diamond Mech is too wanked on here. Even if it is as powerful as people seem to think, in that case it's a glass-cannon, but personally for the above reasons I doubt it's even as powerful as people think; My personal guess is that the Mech is actually no more powerful than Yellow or Blue and about EVEN with Obsidian, Obsidian is just such an unstable fusion that a blow on-par with her own power was enough to shock her into unfusing. I know that might sound CRAAAZY to some people, but this is just my opinion based on the reasoning above, and you all are allowed to disagree with me :)

My ultimate point is that I agree with Adem's list except I would put the Mech way lower on the list, and I MIGHT put Lapis and Malachite a bit higher on the list despite being glass-cannons, but that one I'm not as sure about.

Man you write way to much in one comment anyways I just want to point out we can't have full on debates we can have minor ones in this post though this is an opinion post just wanted to point that out.

I╠Ât╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âo╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Âr╠Âo╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âa╠Â*╠Â*╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠Âs╠ It would also be interesting to see your list as I want to see a lot of peoples opinions.

My Opinion, The Mech shouldn't too much more powerful then the Warships they are attached so they have a stronger striking force, durability it really depends on which ship they try to destroy.

Kyleb79 said:
The Mech shouldn't too much more powerful then the Warships they are attached so they have a stronger striking force, durability it really depends on which ship they try to destroy.
Exactly! And the Warships really aren't that impressive, especially durability-wise.

Saying I can't make a long post isn't fair when Adem's list was 25 items long with parenthetical explanations and nobody complained about it, LMAO! The reason I made a long post is because I STRONGLY disagree with how the profiles, and people here in posts, say that Obsidian got "one-shotted," I don't think that was a true one-shot and I gave my reasoning for that in my above post, as well as my reasoning for why the Mech is way weaker than everyone seems to think. It should be rated "likely higher," not "likely far higher." I feel like longer explanations for why someone gives their ratings here are perfectly suited to this thread, no? I mean people can make their list of the "strongest" but what's the point if they don't give explanations?

'As far as my list goes:' It is the same as Adem's except I would put the Diamond Mech below Obsidian but above the Partially Formed Cluster for the reasons I gave. I would also THINK about possibly putting Lapis and Malachite higher, but that's a tough call.

If you have time can you make your own list maybe Top 25, Higher even you don't have to but it would be interesting.

Kyleb79 said:
If you have time can you make your own list maybe Top 25, Higher even you don't have to but it would be interesting.
I mea what would be the point when it would be literally identical to Adem's list but with the Diamond Mech placed between Obsidian and the Partial Cluster? LOL

Question where was Pure Pink Steven again. Was he tied with Yellow, Blue and Pink or was he powerful enough to take out White Diamond(Not talking about AP).

Adem Warlock69 said:
Pure Pink Steven is Tied with Yellow, Blue and Pink, But his Shields are White Diamond Level
Another change I would make to your list besides the placement of the Diamond Mech, but I didn't notice it until now: I would put Pink Diamond above White Diamond and tied with Monster Steven. Monster Steven was, again, just a shapeshifted Berserk Mode form of Pink State. Monster Steven was clearly the full-potential of Pink's Gem. Since Pink, as an actual Diamond, had control of her powers, she should have been able to reach such a level at-will by shapeshifting to a giant size without becoming a monster. At the very least, just like her son she was clearly a "Gem version of The Hulk" where strong emotions make her stronger, and I am absolutely 100% positive that she was stronger than White during her worst "tantrums."

We actually noted this and got the edit accepted by several people including Weekly over in the CRT, remember. Pink Diamond is now upgraded to "likely far higher" as her tiering, as she should most certainly scale to the full-potential of her son's Pink State, and said full-potential is Monster Steven who can stomp White like she's a biiiitch. Lol.

Gimme a minute and I will just post my own list lol

Here's my list. As I said it's basically just Adem's list but with a few modifications based on my own take on things, plus further text-explanations, and the addition of a few HYPOTHETICAL entities we haven't seen but know can exist (namely, other Pink State fusions). I basically just copy-pasted Adem's list, then modified and added to it, hope you don't mind Adem! Here it is:

1. The Fully Formed Cluster (Too Big)

1 and a Half: IF THEY EXISTED (and we know they can, we just haven't seen them), then Pink State Obsidia would go here, heck they may even be a match for a Fully Formed Cluster but there's no way to know. Pink State buffs Steven from 7-A+ to At Least High 6-A, so Pink State Obsidian would just be abolutely, positively, insanely OP.

2. Monster Steve (Stomped The Diamonds, One-Shot Alexandrite and Overpowered the Partially Formed Cluster) and Pink Diamond as she should scale to her son's full-potential and Monster Steven wasn't corrupted, just the full potential of Pink State. IF THEY EXISTED, then Pink State Sunstone would probably go here or under #3 below

3. Giant Prism Fusion (Demantoid and Pyrope were planning to use him to make a new empire and beat the diamonds, is a Fusion of 3 Prisms , And the Prism we know is the weakest of the Three, made two ForceFields that not even Lapis can damage)

4. White Diamond (Strongest Pure Diamond)

5. Pink State Smoky Quartz (Pink State Steven but a bit stronger) and Pink State Rainbow 2.0 IF THEY EXISTED, lol.

6. Chad Steve/Yellow Diamond/Blue Diamond/Pure Pink Steve (Speed Blitz/Aura/Electrokinesis/Radiated Pathokinesis) but noting that Pure Pink Steven's SHIELDS would place him at "3 and a half" on the list, lol.

7. Obsidia (Scales to what the diamonds scale to, I would put her tied with everyone else at number 6 except that she is a very unstable fusion who has trouble staying fused)

8. Diamond Mech (took two hits to defuse Obsidian but Obsidian's components showed no damage or fatigue afterwards, so it was probably just due to the fusion being so unstable and the sudden MENTAL shock of the attack causing them to un-fuse; also Obsidian was able to slice the Mech up like a samurai could slice tomatoes, lol)

9. Partially Formed Cluster (The Diamonds scale to it)

10. Diamond Warships (Almost as Strong the Cluster)

11. White Light/Hessonite with Light Prism(Alexandrite Level with Light Speed attack speed, ca create Armies of Light Warriors)

12. Malachite (Lapis' Water Hax is Diamond Level)

13. Alexandrite (Scales to Malachite Physically)

14. Lapis Lazuli (Diamond Level, but a Glass cannon)

15. Mean & Nice Lapis (Lapis but weaker)

16. Rainbow Quartz (Rose Fusion)

17. Rose Quartz (Beat Hessonite, and an army of Light Warrior)

18. Hessonite (One-Shot Sugilite and Sardonyx)

19. Demantoid and Pyrope (Comparable to Hessonite)

20. Sugilite/Sardonyx (Stronger than Sunstone)

21. Sunstone (Stronger than Opal)

22. Opal (The Reason why Most of the Fusions are 6-C)

23. Fable (Hax God)

24. Peridot with Gem Warship (Stone Wall)

25. Smoky Quartz/Rainbow Quartz 2.0 (Far above Jasper)

Nickobloke said:
is there a profile being made for the Giant Prism Fusion?
I dunno. Should there be?

What did you think of my HYPOTHETICAL rankings for HYPOTHETIC Pink State Fusions that we know can exist but just never saw, like Pink State Obsidian, Pink State Sunstone, and Pink State Rainbow 2.0? Personally I think that stuff is fun to think about. Especially the idea of Pink State Obsidian, they would be so OP it would just be insane. Like, Pink State buffs a 7-A+ character (Steven) all the way to At Least High 6-A likely higher, so GOOD LORD imagine how strong Obsidian would become in Pink State, right? They'd be so strong that Monster Steven would seem like a freaking insect by comparison, haha.

pink state obsidian would be the strongest being in the show save the cluster, I would even say that could be justifiable for tier 5.

Nickobloke said:
pink state obsidian would be the strongest being in the show save the cluster, I would even say that could be justifiable for tier 5.
YEAH! My point about her is she would HAVE to be rated Tier 5 if she existed, there's literally no way around her being Tier 5. As I said, Pink State buffs a 7-A+ character all the way to High 6-A+. With that level of buff, even without any feats to prove it, if Obsidian went Pink State we could just automatically be like "well she's already High 6-A+ so now she's OBVIOUSLY At Least 5-C," lol. In fact, with that level of buff, she'd probably end up like, full on At Least 5-B or At Least 5-A, hahaha.

BTW apparently, both "she/her" and "they/them" pronouns are acceptable for Obsidian, according to the writers, since they are like 80% made of female-identifying components.

Interestingly, were you aware that Rainbow Quartz 2.0, can use both "they/them" AND "he/him" pronouns? As in, the fusion of Steven and Pearl, which is technically 50% female, will accept being called by MASCULINE pronouns. That actually makes sense. . . .Rainbow 2.0 does come across as pretty masculine, right? But it's definitely interesting and unexpected.

Here are some character suggestions for the other people or if you are somehow patient enough to do this(Movie/Future Steven, Season 4-5 Steven, Season 2-3, Garnet, Spinel, Jasper, Bismuth, Squaridot, Mega Pearl, Stevonnie, Topaz(Fused), Topaz(Unfused), Rubies, Agate, Amethyst(Crystal Gems), Pearl, Lion and Nephrite to name some if you want to add more.

Nickobloke said:
I dare someone to rank all the characters in power
That would just take soooooo long, even I'M not obsessive enough with my attention to detail to attempt such a task. Lol. Maybe an easier task would be to rank all 7-A characters in power?

The more major characters aka the ones I listed I may have forgot some characters who are strong after Smoky Quartz/Rainbow Quartz 2.0.

Back