• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@The_Divine_Phoenix @ZephyrosOmega @Paul_Frank

Sophia detahes herself from the Kiara, unwrapping her arms from her chest and in a sitting position, as the priestest body could be seen beginning to lightly glow.

"... Kusanagi, Kiara, Leilah ... there's no words that are enough to say for how thankful i am for your support, for bringing me back from the brink."

She says with a low voice, a small smile on her face.

@Labyrinth

"I take it you've never been on one of those, have you?"

Kusanagi said, approaching Lailah to pat her on the head and try to get her to worry less.

@Moon

"It seems she is. She accepted my power, and from there I was able to better cleanse her."

Kusanagi explained, standing above Sophia and observing her.

@ZephyrosOmega

"Do you have any particular preferences for a place?"

Kusanagi asked, beginning to mentally scan the planet.

@Other places

"I can provide that same assistance for them, now."

She states.

"From my memories, I recall being told that entity summoned them all for entertainment. I don't think it would have exercised perfect caution in doing so, to avoid giving us an ability that could threaten it, or grow to its level. If it grants even one of them something that can reach their level, or if they, or I, am somehow able to acquire an ability that exceeds its reach, that is all it would take to win. If we were brought here for entertainment, it is unlikely to be predicting us, thus preventing it from stopping that right away."

She explained.

"Depends. I don't think their actions would be catastrophic at least. They're not trying to destroy the universe. And there is a difference between a tool and a person, and besides that, if I had to, I'd only do it so far as to ensure the universe stays in existence. Though I have no doubts that this isn't the only tool of its kind, or system that regulates, but there does not need to be a deity overseeing things."

@labyrinth

"Well... no. But I know a lot about them, in theory." Lailah responds, closing her eyes as she's pat

@moon

"I see, that's an interesting method, at least it worked."

She then turns to look at Sophia after hearing her thanks.

"I didn't do much at all priestess, don't thank me."

@other places

They seem to ignore the first point she makes, simply giving a sigh in response.

"Think for a moment, about how unlikely it is for you to simply gain something beyond it when it's giving you the abilities. Let alone getting something beyond it without it giving it to you. You say it isn't exercising perfect caution because it wants entertainment, but it doesn't take perfect caution to prevent yourself from being killed if you wanted to prevent it, nor does it take predictive abilities to see when the people you're watching for entertainment are at risk of becoming potential threats. Only a naive fool would truly believe that in such a scenario, it was 100% their own earned victory, and that they completely deviated from their enemy's desires." They say in response

"And your own logic makes no sense. You say there is a difference between a person and a tool, but would you not then be a person, wielding a tool. Your blade afterall, is just that. It's no different from me wielding the palace. 'There doesn't need to be a diety overseeing things'? What makes me a god in that scenario, and you not one? Surely the same people that would see you as a god in that situation would see me as one, neither of us would be receiving any worship so that's no metric, and in this hypothetical, we're both powerful beings who wield tools and are capable of correcting issues with the flow of things, so what would be the difference between us, that necessitates I die and you do the same thing I was?"

Last edited:
@Mountain

"mmm. Sushi sounds nice. Have you ever had it?"

Kiara stands up, a bit shakily.

@Moon

"Don't worry about it. I've got a grudge against these god types anyway." Kiara waves Sophia's gratitude off and looks away, but she's smiling nonetheless.

Last edited:
@A lot of people (u can choose whether you hear it or not)
"Hello." Is the sound that pops onto your character's mind, it seems to be familiar. "Kon is no more... as he is now a part of me, Brusel." the voice keeps on going. "Just thought I'd let everybody know... as technically, I am now the guardian of this planet. I do not know what will happen to the Dragon Balls, however time will tell that. Any questions you may have, come meet me at the lookout."

@Labyrinth

"Well, I've gone on a few in the past, but I can't say I remember well. Get dressed up in something more fitting, I suppose. I'll find us a place."

She states, seemingly not thinking to change her own clothes yet.

@Moon

"Indeed, welcome back to the world of the living. I would not say I did all too much either. It was mostly you."

Kusanagi assured.

@ZephyrosOmega

"I have, actually. Long ago, of course. I found a place too, go get dressed or some such and I'll take you both."

She said, having found the location through her scanning.

@Telepathic communications.

So you are now the entity's envoy, is that so? That seems like a really risky move of you, Brusel.

Kusanagi would reply, pointing out the obvious fact.

@other places

"Unlikely? Everything about our existence here is unlikely. Speaking of odds is pointless in the face of everything that has happened. It could very easily consider it entertaining to allow such things to happen, as well, to see if one of us are able to challenge it, but have no intention to lose. Or it may simply not care if we become threats, and not actively be trying to prevent this. Even so, I believe that would be our victory, if one earned partially through its foolishness."

Murakumo declared.

"That's little more than technicality. That tool remains there for any with the capacity to claim it, while this power is something tied to me alone. And do not pretend all you do is correcting distortions. I had to utilize that defensive power to prevent you from annihilating me. In this situation, you act as a ruler, while I would just make sure the universe keeps functioning. The lives of those within should not be within your sphere of control, nor should things like the future as a whole."

@Telepathic communications.

So you are now the entity's envoy, is that so? That seems like a really risky move of you, Brusel.

Kusanagi would reply, pointing out the obvious fact.
"A risky one indeed but... if the entity is abbove us, it could see us already... it's just not taking action." Brusel would respond. "However, if I act as its messager, it means I will know in advance what it could possibly plan. Regardless, I did this mostly to achieve greater strength... SSo I hope nobody is mad at me, Kusanagi."

@labyrinth

"Something more fitting, should I go back to the other form? I'm not sure how well having horns and such will work with dressing up."

@Listentomyrhytm

Kon... that was the green man on the lookout thing right? Him being part of you now is cool and all but like... why? Lailah responds telepathically upon getting the message

@other places

"Ah I see, so that's how you view it." They say as if they realized something

"No matter what circumstances led to it, or how obviously it was not your own victory, you'd find an explanation as to how it was. The worst part is that you're not the only one like this, it's a true shame."

"Yes, you had to use a defensive power to prevent me from doing my job. You yourself have admitted that your lot are a cause of distortions, so why would I not try to prevent you from becoming another one of them? But in the end, you survived, and I think you have the potential to do more good than harm. So all I have done is correct distortions, or attempt to do so, unless you have another instance in mind where I've done something else. The rest of your argument is completely illogical, you started off by saying that one being should not be in control of all of this, that a deity is not needed, but the explanation for why your system would be better than this is because you'd have the absolute power, and a tool wouldn't be involved at all. One can argue that's better, but your own argument paints it as worse, and, it's not like I truly need the palace anyway if we went with that route."

As they say this, Murakumo can tell that their voice is coming from further away now, and just as the sound would imply, what looks like few kilometers away, sits a man at a table.

"But, I don't think talking will accomplish much, your earlier responses cemented that. So why don't you head on back and go prepare with your friends, I'm sure you didn't intend to try and fight alone immediately, I believe Kusanagi wanted to help you with that."

@Phoenix

"Oh, that's no issue..."

Kiara reshapes the matter around her. She finally sheds her black costume and rainbow cape, switching it out for a simple white robe. "That's more like it."

@Labyrinth

"Maybe. I don't think they'll be much of an issue, and you do look beautiful in that form."

Kusanagi said, smiling at Lailah slightly.

"I think I'll go with one of my old outfits."

She then shifted, glowing briefly, and then stood dressed in a black suit.

@telepathy

Not mad, just somewhat concerned as to what what might happen to you if our goals succeed.

@ZephyrosOmega

The Kusanagi present there nods.

"Meet the other me at the labyrinth, we'll head out from there."

She says, before beginning to disperse.

@other places

"There are plenty of circumstances in which it could be, it seems you are failing to realize that. I do not know what the circumstances will be by the end if we do succeed, that is a judgement that can only be truly made when the time comes. But even that hardly matters as long as they succeed."

She rebuked.

"Your creation and control of these "trials" is something else you have done. What gives you the right to judge these beings, or to make puppets of those that live within this world? That is the difference between you and I. I wouldn't fancy myself a god nor claim to be better than any mortal, just do what needs to be done for the universe to continue its existence. You choose to position yourself as some higher existence, while I would merely cut away the things that immediately threaten it. That tool does far more than just that, as you yourself have told me."

She declared, lifting her sword up once more.

"And I don't know. I don't know what to make of those people. Are they my friends, are they anything to me, I don't know. That is part of why I came here on my own. To decide what to do and how."

@Listentomyrhytm

I... see? Well, you have fun with that power I guess.

@labyrinth

Lailah averts her gaze after the compliment, before clearing her throat.

"Ahem, okay, I've decided, I'll go like this."

A tornado appears around her and when it clears, she's changed into what her information says is a more suitable outfit

@other places

"The trials help ensure the worthy carry on, those with strength of will, strong character, etc. It's better than the alternative, and it's not like I'm the only one to do anything similar. Making puppets of those in this world you say. You lot have arguably done worse, rather than trials and tribulations, some of you have taken it upon yourselves to choose who lives and who dies, to cause pretty apocalyptic events for humanity, to choose the futures of the world, etc. I'd argue those are worse than an optional trial that your allies willingly went into." He replies, opening one eye to look at her as he says this.

"Whether you call yourself a god or a stray dog, in the position you're willing to put yourself in after killing me, we'd be equal, the same type of being, someone with great power who helps the world persist. Beyond that it's semantics and petty arguments of the palace having more potential uses. Its not like your only potential ability in such a scenario is to fix issues, you'd have more functions as well. You see, you don't truly have a leg to stand on here. You want to kill me as revenge, for making you, for keeping you around in the palace when you weren't needed, for sending you into trials when you were, its as simple as that. Don't try to make it sound like a great cause where you're freeing reality from some untold tyranny, when your solution is just to take up that same position afterwards."

He stands, his voice more callous as he made that last remark, and he takes a few steps toward Murakumo.

"You came to decide what to do you say? Well, what have you decided?"

@telepathy

That is a brave choice. I will try all I can to not let it go to waste.

@labyrinth and @ZephyrosOmega

At the labyrinth, Kiara would find both Kusanagi and Lailah dressed up for this.

"You look great in that. No need to hide that form either."

Kusanagi pointed out to Lailah.

@Other places

"The worthy? Why do you think you are able to judge such things? No one can truly judge them, I think. And maybe they have, their existence has shifted the very nature of this world, but you risk making the situation worse through those things, through attempting to interfere with all of this in some way. And it's not like the futures they try to create are bad necessarily. They're trying to make a world where people won't be pawns of that entity as well."

She points out.

"There is a great cause in this, though. You're the first step on the path to dealing with that entity. That's how she saw you as well. For me, it's at least a bit different, but that's still part of it. The difference between you and I is that you look down upon everything as if it were some sort of story to you, while I, and they, live on in reality. For now at least. That is why they're more suited to act upon the path of reality, because they are in it, not some deity with illusions of superiority looking down from above."

She replies.

"As for what I've decided, that'll have to wait. I wish to speak to the others first. Get their perspectives on reality. Though you understand that the next time we meet it will likely be in battle."

Murakumo says, turning away and giving a casual swing of her sword, killing a large section of space nearby, before she disappears into the normal world.

She returned to the battlefield she had stood upon before, giving things thought for a brief bit. She wondered if anyone would come to speak to her, or if she would have to seek them out herself. She wished to speak with all the summoned.

@Edwellken

His people have already found places to stay and have managed to organize an economy, although he was still unsatisfied for some reason, his demonic side is probably coming out.

Dreka looked at the starry sky, saw the barrier that held several light years separated from the entire universe, interested in the other side of the Barrier, The Demon create a crow and with a movement of
Glencalibur cut the space creating a portal that closed after the Crow crossed to the other side Outside of the barrier.

@labyrinth

"Well, I just thought it might not be the best form to go somewhere in, and stuff. Anyway you two look great where are we going?" She says, rushing through the last part without pausing.

@other places

The being sighs as Murakumo leaves, and walks back toward his table, disappearing as he walks, until he fades away.

Kiara smiles as she enters the labyrinth and sees the two of them.

"We're three of the strongest beings in the universe, Lailah. I don't think anyone cares what you look like," She notes as she walks up to them. "You're beautiful just as you are."

@Edwellken

His people have already found places to stay and have managed to organize an economy, although he was still unsatisfied for some reason, his demonic side is probably coming out.

Dreka looked at the starry sky, saw the barrier that held several light years separated from the entire universe, interested in the other side of the Barrier, The Demon create a crow and with a movement of
Glencalibur cut the space creating a portal that closed after the Crow crossed to the other side Outside of the barrier.
[Oof I forgot about this]

The barrier quickly fades away even though I think some people already went beyond it but shush.

The entire universe is open for exploration.

after an hour, the crow would arrive with news of what was ordered.

"Well done Munin, you and Hugin, will guide my fleets to visit the infinite universe and plant the seeds of my species in all possible worlds and above all to seek life in other worlds"he told the Crow

"Now first I will continue to fix my civilization, thanks to my powers the demons grow faster and evolve, this matter has my full attention"

...Just as the barrier opens, multiple Brusels would spread trying to claim a shit ton of planets. Getting everywhere.

Of course, not all the Brusels however. Some were still on earth, Planet Layla and Planet Brusel.

...oh, new powers. Seems the universe expanded completely too. We can finally put Planet Z back at the center of the galaxy.

Yeah, sure...

Hmm? What's up, Raphael? It's not like you to be down like that. I mean, look, with a wave of my hand, i can summon an infinitude of new servants and friends! Alongside the ones i created with bioalchemy, this is a population with trillions, quadrillions of people! I've learned how it is to have emotions, i can smile now! So, i thought, you would be happy too.

Heh, well, i am happy. Seeing everything make progress like this, it makes me proud, specially of you. But, well aren't you forgetting something? Aren't there some people who you have to take responsibility for and help, or at least apologize?

...ah. Right. Earth.

As i look over the vastness of the universe, i wonder if this is all really worth it, seeing as Kusanagi did say she wanted to kill God. If she did it, would everything fade? Would i fade?

You have come a long way, but you still fail to see things besides the big picture. Think, Zeskiel. To kill a God, one must be a God themselves. And what else could a God do other than save their own creation?

...thank you, Raphael. I know what to do now.

I let Death handle the transport of Planet Z, he is more than capable of doing that. I warp all the way to Earth again and notice how much nicer the atmosphere is here. That may just be bias though. With nothing better to do, i go to the Lookout. Kon should probably be there.

Once upon arriving at the lookout... Zeskiel would see that...

...Huh, there he would seem to be, Kon's cape and general outfit but... 'Kon' slowly turns around at the upcoming Zeskiel. It wasn't Kon... but rather, one of the many Brusels on this planet. Standing once where Kon stood.

"...huh?"

You should probaby activate Extra Skill Omniscient again.

Oh right. I do just that and ohhhhhhhhhhh.

"You guys... fused?"

"Indeed." Brusel would say. "Or well, utilized the Namekian Fusion which I guess would count rather as a type of absorption. But Kon is now a part of me and... I can feel exactly what he felt. Being always watched..."

"...by the entity, huh."

Zeskiel grins warmly at this revelation. He stratches his head slightly before continuing.

"Man, you grew up while i was away. Remember when we fought, way back then? Me, a robotic guy with no emotions, and you, a frantic berserker. Brings me back."

He pauses, closes his eyes and opens them.

"I've never apologized for back then, didn't i?"

"Heh, yeah... I did my own share of growing and evolving as a person. Now there's multiple of me, I got a partner and... overall I got a better control of my emotions." Brusel would respond with a smile, buffing up as his hair goes green... yet his eyes remain the same. "...I can even now control this form." He would go back to his base form.

"And... I don't remember if you did, but I would like to apologize for any destruction I may have caused." He would give back a smile. And a bit of a thumbs up.

Zeskiel looks at Brusel with surprise, then lets out an exasperated, yet not negative sigh.

"Man what the hell, i've been missing out."

Told you.

"Sorry for the beating i gave you back there. Hope things only get better from here... by the way, where is Kusanagi?"

Even with Omniscient, i can't find her.

"...There seems to be Kusanagis everywhere, just as there are Brusels. More of me, that is." Brusel would state. "But the main one is likely inside the Labyrinth... I can just transport you near there. Not inside but... you get the drift."

"Alright, just..." Brusel puts his hand on Zeskiel's shoulder. "Hold tight, this will be instant. Kai Kai." He would say, before teleporting them both near the bottom of the Challenger Deep... extremely underwater. "...Oh wait, forgot to ask if you can breathe fine here."

Zeskiel laughs waterly.

"I've been living in space for the last few... it feels like months but years is probably more accurate. Either way, i just have to make my way through, yeah?"

"Well, my planet was fairly well hidden. I'll invite you one of these days."

And so, Zeskiel dives into the Labyrinth. if anyone actually knows how to describe this place i'd be pretty epic

@Labyrinth

"Thank you."

Kusanagi blushes a bit.

"I found a place in the country known as Japan. I'll take you there when you're both ready to go."

She explained, showing a brief projection of a rather exquisite restaurant.

@Labyrinth depths

The original Kusanagi sat in a deeper part of the labyrinth, meditating. She made note of the arrival of someone. It was difficult to actually "detect" that she was there, but she seemed to allow herself to be seen to some degree.

@Murakumo

The mirror reflection, having returned from that realm, stood on her own for a moment.

Then, she decided to speak to that Lailah, since Kusanagi's memories about her had been rather vivid.

Not wanting to interrupt, she flew to the Mexico Barrier and "knocked" on it.

@labyrinth

"I'm ready whenever you guys are then, I'm not sure how to go about doing this stuff."

@CrimsonStarFallen

As Zeskiel goes past the torrents of whirlpools around the entrance, he finds himself in calmer, warmer waters leading downward, into a cave area of sorts. With a bit of closer inspection on the walls, he could see they were almost entirely made of an odd type of crystal. Several curses swim about the place, observing him and occasionally pulsing before disappearing into the walls.

A bit further in, completely unlike the entrance, which at least seemed like it could fit with the outside, he finds a clearing with a large tree inside, which contains a barred door like a cell.

"Did you need something?" The witch's voice rings out nearby him as he heads through

@Mexico

Lailah looks toward the entrance quizzically, and Murakumo could see the entrance area manifest the equivalent of an open door.

I clear my throat and try to think of how to speak.

Just say it already.

Alright alright.

"I wanted to talk, possibly with Kusanagi and co. You know, been in space for too long, wanted to catch up."

Back