• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

That only makes Kiara frown more. "Damn you, whoever did this... you'll pay for doing this to her."

She places her hands onto Sophia's soul, channeling not healing, but absorbing magic into it. This particular branch of absorption magic is one that is reversed on souls and spirits, resulting in her channeling a portion of her life force into Sophia's, healing and restoring the damage as best as she can. "Please work..."

Warmwarmwarmwarmwarmwarmwarm

As she feels the lifeforce of Kaira, the warmth coming from her hands, something changes, a spark of will, as Sophia's arms move to wrap around her torso of the vilainess and latch on to her, holding on extremelly tightly.

... the situation from the outside seems otherwise unchanged, with her continuing to cry and mutter to herself ... though maybe, just maybe, as she's now crying on Kiara instead than on herself ... something may be done.

Last edited:
"I've got no shortage of it myself." She jokes, looking at Sophia

"I could at best, try various ways to remove her depression and anguish, but I don't know, maybe she should be allowed to get over it herself." Her voice trails off near the end, and she looks sidelong, her dislike of holy people evidently still there to an extent.

"But if you think it'd be better to fix it, I can try, no promises it'd work though."
"Sophia was our enemy, but what happened to her..."

She turns, now seemingly in monologue mode. "A being calls itself god, and yet it performs acts that are no less than pure evil. This being steals people from their worlds to pit them against each other in a game of death, giving world-ending powers to people with already deep-seated psychological issues and turning them on eachother like wild animals. Would you call an existence like that god? I know I certainly wouldn't! A being like that is no god... It's the devil himself."

Warmwarmwarmwarmwarmwarmwarm

As she feels the lifeforce of Kaira, the warmth coming from her hands, something changes, a spark of will, as Sophia's arms move to wrap around her torso of the vilainess and latch on to her, holding on extremelly tightly.

... the situation from the outside seems otherwise unchanged, with her continuing to cry and mutter to herself ... though maybe, just maybe, as she's now crying on Kiara instead than on herself ... something may be done.
Kiara WAS gonna continue monologuing, but she's caught off-guard as she's clung to by Sophia. "O-oh... Well, that was unexpected. Anyway, Kusanagi, Lailah, if there's something you can do..."

Brusel would be merely standing still, observing his own new power, other clones still on various planets. However, he would return to his base form, merely smiling as he sees the situation around him... not saying a word quite yet, but merely spectating.

"Let's see if I can do anything then, since you say we should. If this doesn't work then I got nothing." She warns

Lailah reaches a hand forward, and, closing her eyes, yanks it back. Simultaneously she replaces the kanji 窪-depression, with 明-bright in Sophia, and attempts to remove that feeling of depression all together, the same way she pulled out 5 of her own personality traits.

@Paul_Frank

Kusanagi appears back at the Labyrinth, near the original Lailah.

"You said you had some sort of conundrum? Can I help?"

She asked.

@Moon

"I can try something myself, but I fear it may cancel out the attempt Lailah has made now, so I believe it best to wait."

Kusanagi spoke up.

"A new power of mine. Part of my increasing approach to the abyss. I am able to "deprive" of things, and with that, I may be able to remove the damage dealt to her."

She explained.

@Battlefield

Murakumo remained there, deliberating things. She seemed to almost stare into space, perhaps mentally following the path of the beam that was released.

@labyrinth

"Right, so I need a naming convention for these five."

She gestures to the group of floating spheres in front of her.

"They'll all be sisters in a sense, so they should have similar names, I feel, but I'm not sure what sorta names they should be, like, what sort of things they should derive the names from, since names grant power and all."

Before even he realized it himself. Llwn was a great distance away, between the stars.

He felt very strange, all of a sudden, a moment ago. It's a feeling like congestion, but across his whole body, as though he was now something... much more, more than his corporeal container, more than this world said he was. Despite the now-immense distance, he feels that this is not a sensation unique to him, but...

Hmmm...

Something is off, he can feel it. He can't put it to words, but it is clear as day... or whatever metaphorical alternative there is.

"Right, then," Kiara focuses and manifests a couple duplicates of herself, one of which which speaks next. "I'm going to go explore and experiment within my new moon. I have these crystal things..."

She manifests a large blue crystal to prove her point. "I can use it to record the history and evolution of planets, so I think it might be fun to go look for life in the universe. I also really want to try experimenting with my new magic."

@Labyrinth

"Names grant power? Is that a new ability of yours, as well? I do not put too much significance in names myself, even my own. I suppose I can try come up with something if you wish."

She says, sounding a bit confused by the importance placed on names.

@Moon

Kusanagi awaits the result of what Lailah is attempting, readying her own energy in the event of it not working properly.

"Let's see if I can do anything then, since you say we should. If this doesn't work then I got nothing." She warns

Lailah reaches a hand forward, and, closing her eyes, yanks it back. Simultaneously she replaces the kanji 窪-depression, with 明-bright in Sophia, and attempts to remove that feeling of depression all together, the same way she pulled out 5 of her own personality traits.
Removing the depression itself would seem like a good idea, but really, it's not, for it's the effect, not the cause. As such, it's like trying using a bucket to remove water from a broken dam, unless you fix the leaking it won't solve the problem, for the memories of what happened are still there. and as such her method only proves effectful for but a moment ... before it all comes crushing down again.

And while removing the concept of depression from Sophia's mind would fix the problem entirely ... she's not really prone to having her mind messed with after what just happened to her, putting up resistance against it even if just at an unconscious level.

As the Brusel clone witnessed the situation... Various Brusels would be sandwiching Layla, cuddling her a bit. The main Brusel giggling a bit.

@labyrinth

"Correct, it is a concept I can enact over a space, but through another ability of mine, I've made it permanently in effect for them." She explains

"Although even without that, considering they'll look somewhat similar, it'd be hard to differentiate them without them having names, and a consistent basis for their names would make sense since they're all being made at once."

Elsewhere in the labyrinth

"Connection established, counterforce negated, containers created, anomalies outside of the normal human history detected, continuing. Class: Assassin, True name: Ichika Yuuki, Class: Foreigner, True name: Magent, Class: Archer, True name: Dy1, Class: Ruler, True name: Nicholas Phoenix, Class: Caster, True name: Layla Pandora, Class: Saber, True Name: Ryuka Soryūshi."

With a wave of her baton, seven beings are created in front of her, summoned from... somewhere.

@moon

"Ah, well, it failed, how unfortunate." Lailah says, stepping away and watching.

Last edited:
@Labyrinth

"I see. Well, what is their purpose supposed to be, why have you created them? That may better lead to a good naming scheme for them."

Kusanagi states.

Elsewhere in the labyrinth.

A certain man in a lab coat makes his appearance.

"Oh? I've been summoned. Fascinating, so the data I left behind truly did work, just as predicted. Ah, well, I believe this is how it goes. Servant, Ruler. Nicholas Phoenix, at your service."

@Moon

Kusanagi carefully looks over Sophia.

"I will go look at her soul, and then see what I can do."

She states, before indeed going to face her soul in the spiritual world. Though her power would typically be focused on attacking the soul, she of course does not do this here.

"Can you hear me?"

Last edited:
While one Kiara remains with Sophia, Lailah, and Kusanagi, the other goes to the barrier, manifesting inside it, and the third goes to the center of the moon, sitting inside the containment pod located at the center of it. She overwrites part of the moon with Yomi, using spatial magic to stable it and make it easier to maintain, and then manifests her powers in the form of orbs.

"Now, let's get to life creation..." She starts looking through the true moon and crystal's archives. "Maenads, huh... I can work with that."

@Labyrinth

"I have been brought to serve a new master," Ichika states, an emotionless expression on her face. "Servant Name: Ichika Yuuki. Class: Assassin. My blade is yours."

@Labyrinth
A 5'4 guy in what appears to be a lab coat is summoned, with hair like tentacles... they seemed to be moving on their own. As he confusedly looked around. "What... The **** is this place?"

Near him, would spawn a 4'5 android with blue hair, wearing a beanie and... a bad sense of fashion. As he looks at Lailah, waving with one hand. "Hello there... I assume you're the one that summoned me right? Ehehe! Whaddaya need my help for? I'm alll at your service, Dy14N MK2! But just call me Dy1 for short!"

@labyrinth

"Their purpose huh? Well, they're created out of different parts of my personality and such, and other aspects my own being. Their main purpose is to cut down on the amount of wasted information within myself, however, since it didn't accomplish that much, they're a force of 5 composite beings, which would make them decent enough for battle if need be. But they're also their own people so they're not just mindless soldiers or clones. It's also an exercise in seeing what I can do." She responds, pondering it a bit

"But as you can see, that doesn't help much with names."

@labyrinth servant part

Lailah looks over all the summoned, and jots some notes down on a clipboard, before scattering it into TATARI. She then addresses them

"Thank you for answering my summons all of you. My name is Lailah." She gives a curtsy as she names herself

"Now, this is an unorthodox summon, and a few things are different as a result, but you all stood out as those not from normal history, and I so summoned you. With that said, I welcome you to this world of ours." Lailah gestures with her arms, showing a display of the world outside the labyrinth.

"Now, there isn't exactly a war here, well, there is, but currently we aren't moving against the enemy, so you aren't really needed for fighting. However, I'm sure that for a few of you, there may be some people in this world you're interested in seeing, so I grant you all the free reign to do as you please." With that, she snaps her fingers, and portals to every country in the world open up.

"If, however, you have any more questions, you can feel free to ask, or if you'd prefer to stay and not leave for anywhere else, that's also an option. Finally, if you wanted to leave this world entirely, well... you know how to do that."

@moon

Lailah takes a seat to watch Kusanagi's attempt

@Labyrinth
"Go to... any place huh" The man in tentacles says. Nodding, as he doesn't move, considering... maybe he could relax on his home country. Or maybe explore how different this world is. Maybe it's a more normal world? God knew

Dy1 nods... trying to think. Hm... "I'll stay here, even if for a little to know a bit more about this world before adventuring onto it, ehehe." He would say with a bit of a giggle. "However, if you ever need my assistance for anything, I will be at the ready, miss Lailah."

Kusanagi carefully looks over Sophia.

"I will go look at her soul, and then see what I can do."

She states, before indeed going to face her soul in the spiritual world. Though her power would typically be focused on attacking the soul, she of course does not do this here.

"Can you hear me?"

She would be able to ee the spiritual body of Sophia, curled up in a fetal position. At first it almost look like she can't hear her ... but her head slightly moves up, empty eyes looking in the direction of Kusanagi.
"W-w-w-who ... ?"

She asks with a weak, low voice.

@Labyrinth Servant area.

The Saber and Caster's eyes respectively focus on two other people in the room, and while their reactions are seemingly opposite their first word is exactly the same.

"You!"

Caster Layla warps behind her master, hiding herself from the Ruler summoned alongside her.

"Wh-wh-why are you here? Must I be perpetually haunted by your intrusive meddling wherever I go?"

Saber Ryuka meanwhile walks up to a Kusanagi, a serious look in her eyes.

"I can tell from just your posture that your skills are something else. Something out of this world. Pardon my rudeness, but... if it's possible, I'd like to sample them for myself."

@Labyrinth

"How about... Alpha, Beta, and so on. It feels fitting for units made for handling information, yet still gives distinct identities of their own."

Kusanagi suggested.

@Servant section

The Servant Nicholas' eyes quickly shift to... Layla.

"Wait, you?"

He looks rather thrown off by it.

"To think the two of us would be summoned to the same world. I suppose it may be a destiny of sorts."

He then looks over at Lailah.

"We have a bit of a history, the two of us."

He plainly states.

Then, an observing Kusanagi gets approached.

"I..."

She looks to be at a bit of a loss.

"Wait, how did you even... Okay nevermind that, that is fine I suppose. I am Kusanagi, a swordswoman, yes."

@Moon/Soul world

"It's me. Kusanagi. Do you remember me? I'm here to help."

She asks, floating towards Sophia.

Kiara arrives in the Labyrinth. "Lailah, You should come see what I- WHAT THE ****."

Her eyes widen at Ichika, who stares at her blankly. "Who are you?"

Instead of answering, Kiara immediately manifests a spear and lunges at Kiara violently.

@labyrinth servant area

"I'll keep that in mind Mr. Dy1." She says with a smile before turning to Nicholas

"What sort of history. The other Layla mentioned people from her other world, are you that person?"

As soon as she asks this, Lailah sees Kiara lunging at Ichika.

"I'm not there, therefore the attack is targeting me." She mutters, and, although it wasn't true, that's precisely why it worked, and this allowed her to incorrectly convert the 'attack' into 'nothing', as she formed a small hand in the way using her reality marble.

"Kiara, why are you attacking her?"

Dy1 would notice Kiara... Huh, that's strange, she looked familiar but the robot couldn't exactly piece from where, almost like it was only half a memory. "Hello... uh, please don't attack us, we aren't extremely powerful compared to your like" He would say to her... he didn't know exactly how strong any of them were, but better to tell a lie than let a death or more happen.

"Why is she here, Lailah!?" Kiara snarls. "That's my mother!"

"Your... what?" Ichika seems genuinely confused. "There must be a mistake. I have no children."

"Of course you would say that, you BASTARD. You need a reminder of what you did? Lailah, give me my attack back so I can run her through!"

@Labyrinth

Various Kusanagis seem to be testing a few things around the Labyrinth as Lailah is conversed with.

Some of them seem to be "cutting" the air, and making holes in it somehow.

"Oh also, Lailah, I wanted to ask you about your voice. The words you say, I can feel them within me somewhat."

@Labyrinth servants

"Other Layla? So that is the oddity I sensed. I see."

Nicholas noted.

"And Servants only recall up to the time they were placed into the Throne. I only recall as much as I do because I was data manually inputted into the Throne."

He proceeds to explain.

Kusanagi just watches the events unfold for now, though it seems she is ready to intervene as need be, and was going to before Lailah did.

@labyrinth servants

"Kiara, calm down, I just summoned a group of random servants that don't belong to normal history, that's why she's here. Now, if she really is your mother, she doesn't seem to know what you mean. My theory is that this version hasn't lived long enough to have you. If that's the case, would you still want to strike down someone who hasn't transgressed against you yet?"

Another Lailah nods along with Nicholas's words.

"I wonder how she'd react to seeing you, maybe some more things would be explained if she did." Lailah comments to herself

@labyrinth

"Hmm?" Lailah pauses, seeming confused for a moment before she realizes it.

"Ah, that. That's the Unified Language."

"..."

Kiara stops. "Let's get something straight, mom. You don't know who I am, but I remember what you did to me. Just stay out of my way."

She turns away, leaving the labyrinth with teleportation.

"Is this true, master?" Ichika looked towards Lailah. "Is that my daughter from my future?"

Dy1 would just stare confused at what happened... however he would nod, processing stuff. That gal looked familiar... but best not question it.

@ZephyrosOmega

Lailah sighs

"Yes, and apparently you did some rather awful things to her, so she has more than a bit of a grudge as you can see."

Kiara wait, calm down. Did you want to talk about it? Lailah asks, reaching out to her mentally.

@Labyrinth

"It feels... strange. Almost familiar, in a way. And yet I feel that I do not experience it the same way as most would."

Kusanagi notes, speaking of her own connection to The Root, though not mentioning it by name.

@Labyrinth servants

"I suppose I could explain the nature of us knowing one another, if you so wished."

Nicholas notes.

@ZephyrosOmega

Kusanagi also telepathically contacts Kiara.

I believe I recall you having spoken of your mother before. Will you be alright? I am here if I am needed.

She conveys.

@Other places

Murakumo seems to vanish from the battlefield she stood upon for now, and indeed seems to briefly return to the realm she originated from. It does not seem she wants to do the same thing as Kusanagi, yet, though merely to speak to the being that made her for the trial.

@labyrinth

"Hmm, I see. It speaks through the source of all things, and what it's speaker says becomes the truth of reality. It's a rather interesting ability, and it can be used in the creation of some things as well."

@labyrinth servants

"That'd be nice to know, yes."

@other places

"Oh, you've returned? How unexpected, after you left poor old me like that." Echoes a voice from all around, despite its word choice, it's voice makes it apparent that it wasn't all that hurt by her leaving, or surprised at her returning

Kiara, overwhelmed by the input from multiple people, clutches her head “yes- I mean, no- ugh! I don’t know! Damn it!”

Anyone on earth feels a shockwave as kiara takes her rage out on a mountain or two.

@Labyrinth

"The source of all things, huh? It is interesting, that you have received a power to create the truth, while I..."

Kusanagi casually swings her blade, not in any way harmful to Layla, but just to demonstrate.

As she does this, a section of space "dies", quite simply ceasing to be.

"Have gained the ability to end it."

@Labyrinth servants

"Well, the short of it would be that the two of us lead "opposing" groups in our old world. I wanted to ensure the continued survival and evolution of humanity, while she wanted... well, I'm not exactly sure actually. Freedom? Solitude? Something to that effect. As I understand, she did ultimately get that too, when I left that world."

The scientist explained in short.

@other places

"A brief visit, nothing more. I'm free now, and what's more, I'm stronger now too. But I came to ask, why? Why did you make me?"

Murakumo looks somewhat pained, it seems the new revelations about the world through her eyes have caused her to deliberate things, such as where her own purpose stands. Yet, she maintains caution, and clearly possesses some disdain for the one who made her, if less than her original did.

"What did you hope to achieve, challenging her like that? And why grant me all the pain that her memories held? Who am I, anyway?"

@ZephyrosOmega

Kusanagi leaves her be for now, not wanting to overwhelm her, but she remains close enough to make sure she is safe.

"So conflicting ideas... Both of which I can kinda understand..." Dy1 would say. "Although I don't know a lot about human nature, I know that they prefer not to be told what to do. But they also seek further evolution to progress as a race... I must say, I kind of see both views as valid."

@labyrinth

"It is a strange combination, our receiving opposite powers like that. A unified language user and a rainbow rank mystic eye user, and we're together like this, I wonder if the thing in charge has a sense of irony." She comments.

@labyrinth servants

"I see, she seems to have rather disliked the reach your group had. Would either of you two like to go see her?" Lailah asks, looking between Layla and Nicholas

"And yes Mr. Dy1, both of those are true, although I don't believe Layla's desire for freedom and solitude was for humanity, but for herself. "

@other places

"You asked me why I did all this, but even if I told you why, I doubt very strongly that the knowledge would change anything at all." The voice condenses, coming from only one place now, as a large mouth appears in the air above Murakumo.

"But I'll humor your questions child of mine, I created you to challenge her, much like I created another to challenge Ikkath. By challenging people to see, and face their own past and themselves like this, it proves whether they're worthy or not. There was a followup to that dungeon as well, however, I'm not sure she is worthy of it, her method of clearing the last one was... I don't know if I'd call it a success at least." It shifts to a disappointed tone as if to say that she should already know this.

"Having the memories was necessary, you can't have a mirror otherwise. What you are, Murakumo, or at least what you were, was a being designed to test those who entered the dungeon, a being handpicked from the Ruhk flowing through the sacred palace to do so. You see, despite having the memories, the pain and other feelings associated with them technically shouldn't have surfaced to such an extent, your level of independence is an anomaly, but one that still fell within parameters, so I let it continue. And you seek now to betray me, as thanks."

Last edited:
Caster, (gonna call her this to avoid confusion when necessary) who had continued to growl and mumble things from behind Lailah since being summoned seems to snap out of it.

"Wait, did you say... other Layla? Yes! I want to see her!" "...but don't let him come please..."

"Ah, for her own group... I see." Dy1 would nod. Registering that info on his brain. "Personally I still see it as valid, but then again I'm not the best at logic or philosophy and... stuff."

@Labyrinth

"mmm." Assassin ponders this. "I wonder what circumstances caused me to have a child..."

--

@Earth

Kiara, after her rage-filled stint, finally comes to a stop atop the Himalayas, and just... sits there, face in her hands, cape flowing in the freezing wind. "damn it... damn it damn it damn it... Why here? It's not fair. This was supposed to be a place where she wasn't!"

--

@Moon

Tears are flowing down both kiaras on the moon now. The one in the hospital room lets Kusanagi continue her work, while the one on the moon tries her best to put her thoughts aside as she works.

Back