• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

A clone of Brusel would be on the lookout, he seemed to be waiting for Kon... while discussing thoughts in his head. "Since most of us want to get rid of that being that summoned us... maybe, just maybe. If I get his strength... maybe we could stand a chance." He would say, standing up, looking for Kon a bit.

A clone of Brusel would be on the lookout, he seemed to be waiting for Kon... while discussing thoughts in his head. "Since most of us want to get rid of that being that summoned us... maybe, just maybe. If I get his strength... maybe we could stand a chance." He would say, standing up, looking for Kon a bit.
"Congrats on getting stronger yet again." Kon exits the hideout, adjusting his clothes as he walks towards Brusel. He has the disposition of a slug-man who knows his time is soon likely to come to an abrupt end, and yet he shows no fear.

"Thank you... but my strength is near not as good as yours. Atleast in terms of... sheer raw power" He would say with a smile, looking Kon head on. "...And I'm sure you can already feel, and know why I am here, right?"

"I can make a few guesses, yeah. But accurately predicting any of you has in fact been quite literally impossible since you got here. Either way, as far as the bunch of you go, you being the first one to show up is a much more favorable alternative than most."

"I find that quite flattering... and I see, we are quite unpredictable. But I... will need your strength, that is the reason I came." He would say, with a bit of a sigh. "Before anybody can make any plans to possibly take you down and doom us all... and not only that, but to benefit most people. I would need your strength combined with me... I'm sure you know what I am referring to, the technique of your people."

@Labyrinth

"It is strange. But, as I said, that language feels familiar to me somehow, in a very strange way."

She noted.

"What do you intend to use it for?"

@Labyrinth servants

"I suppose I would not blame her, though I did leave that all behind when my work was done. I had to make sure humanity would persist."

The scientist explained.

"And see her, huh? I would like to do that, yes."

@Overlord775

"It is me, no one else. You are alive, and so am I."

The soul-projection speaks, trying to assure Sophia.

"I came here to see you."

She explained.

@ZephyrosOmega

Kusanagi appears closer by now, rather than just keeping her distance.

"It's not her. Not as you knew her, at least. If she's from the past, then she's effectively another person."

She said, trying to assure Kiara somewhat.

@Other places

"There's another? Then is there another one like me, as well?"

Murakumo asks, seeming quite curious about this notion.

"And... parameters, huh? You say that as if I was nothing more than a tool. Is me gaining the power necessary to kill you also within those same parameters, or was that outside of them now?"

"I know that. But seeing her face now, after all this... Damn it, why did Lailah bring her here!?" Kiara continues to sob as she vents to Kusanagi.

@labyrinth

"Currently, to continue production of philosopher stones for use in various things."

@labyrinth servants

"Okay well, here you two go." Lailah traces a door shape with her baton, and opens the space there, revealing Layla on the other side.

"I gave her one of my bodies before, so it's remarkably easy to find her if needed, not that she attempts to hide anyway."

@other places

"Different than you. Although somewhat similar in nature." They respond

"As for your second question, yes, it falls within parameters. The powers and extent of which you gained them weren't planned for, but it ending with an attempt to kill me always was. Now let me ask a question, what do you hope to gain by killing me? None in your group aside from the Magi has a remote desire to use the palace to my knowledge, and you're already free, are you not? So what is your end goal, not Kusanagi's, but yours?"

@Labyrinth

"Various things? That is rather vague. And what are these philosopher's stones you speak of?"

She asked, curious of what she was speaking of.

"I suppose I could try to help, however my abilities are by and large innately destructive it seems, at least as they are now, so there is only so much I can do to aid in the creation of something."

She notes, partially to Lailah and partially to herself.

"Well, there is one thing I suppose. It seems my presence alone twists Fate to some degree, to make the success of those aligned with me be more likely."

@Labyrinth servants

The scientist stepped through the door, curious to see what he'll find. Interestingly enough, as did one of Kusanagi, as it seems she wanted to speak to Layla again, about something.

@Overlord775

"That is right. To try and help you. We managed to keep you alive through... all of that, it's over now."

@ZephyrosOmega

"It was an accident. Possibly because of your ties to her, that it drew her to this world. I think the same might have happened with that scientist and Layla. It's not the one you knew, "she" isn't truly here, either."

@Other places

"Different how?"

She asks, sounding like she is faintly concealing anger by this point.

"And what I want... I want them to be free. After that, I want to find a meaning for myself, a purpose. My original has those two, and her own goal. I need to make something for myself too."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"I... I-I don't know if I can face her, Kusanagi. When all of this is over, I mean."

The normally confident and self-assured Kiara is now curled up on the mountainside. "What am I even going to say, or do? I-I mean, she was so strong and intimidating... Even as I am now I'm nothing compared to how strong she is..."

@Listentomyrhytm

"With how things turned out, you might be right. Combining with you is better than being killed or worse at least, though I have a final request before we do this... just try to survive this mad experiment to the end."

@lab servants

Layla literally hisses upon seeing Servant Nicholas though her fear subsides slightly once she realizes his current state, being replaced with an expression closer to disgust.

Caster rushes through the door past Ruler Nicholas to examine her other-self. "It was a success, then! One of my curses landed somewhere!" she giggles wickedly.

Both Laylas smile at each other. After getting past the initial shock of seeing herself and Nicholas as Servants, the elder of the two speaks up.

"What's going on here?"

"I will try to survive to the very end. I can't fully promise, but I will do my best to do so. Me and my bretheren clones... along with the Main Brusel already seek to not die." He would say, with a nod. "So, are you ready Kon?" He would look at Kon with a sincere, kind smile.

@labyrinth

Lailah converts the word for speech into the one for gain, and tosses a handful of crystals toward Kusanagi for her to catch

"Those are philosopher stones, otherwise known as photonic crystals. They can be used for numerous things, from granting immortality, to creating a super computer, to recording an endless amount of information perfectly, etc."

"That fate twisting thing is rather interesting as well, noted."

@labyrinth servants

Once the two had gone through the door, Lailah turns to face Ichika.

"So, what do you plan to do? Your future daughter doesn't seem like she's going to try to kill you for now at the least."

I'm going to have to make this up to her somehow though.
She thinks

@other places

"Different in your purpose." It answers

"Your own goal is to find a goal." The voice laughs at this

"So you seek to kill me, out of a misguided sense that you must 'free' these beings you know nothing about, and then you'd find a reason afterwards? You're really quite something child of mine."

@Labyrinth

Kusanagi catches them with little effort.

"Are you going to use them for recording information, then?"

She wonders out loud.

"Oh, and I wanted to say. Try not to worry too much about the situation with Kiara. It isn't your fault. You didn't summon her on purpose. Though, maybe we should do something together to take away some of those worries."

She suggested.

@formerly labyrinth servants

The scientist looks at the Curse Layla with interest.

"So it really is you, sort of at least. Don't worry, I'm not really him. I'm just the information he left for the Throne once he departed from that world. A memory, of sorts. I don't know what he's done since then, or what you've done."

He explained.

"This woman, Lailah, called upon me, and the others of course."

The Ruler class Servant explained.

Kusanagi meanwhile floated nearby, observing the conversation with interest. She held her own ideological conflict with Layla, so she was curious what someone else who had done so would say.

@ZephyrosOmega

"Face her? You're stronger than her, here at least. Or are you talking about the original? And if so, why would you have to face her? She isn't here, nor do I imagine she ever will be."

@Other places

"Just what does that mean?"

She inquires.

"My goal is to find meaning. It doesn't have to be a goal exactly, but a reason is good enough. And why would I not want to free the others? I know they're like me, just puppets made by you to serve some purpose or another. Knowing that feels like a good enough reason to do it."

@labyrinth

"Correct, that is the current main goal with them." She affirms

"And I see, I feel bad about it though, I'm not sure what to do to make it up to her though."

Lailah deflates a bit as she says this

@other places

"You're a mirror and reflect their past, I said the others are similar yet different in nature. You can guess at what it is if you'd like."

"As for your 'goal', is freedom forcibly thrust on someone truly freedom at all? Have you stopped to think whether they want to be 'free' or not, what if they want to continue their jobs, and exist in the palace afterwards as they always have? You assume that because they were made to do a task, they must want to get off that path, but that's not necessarily true now is it?"

@Lookout

"Yeah. Let's do this."

@The Wake servants

"Oh, since you aren't the real Nicholas I guess that makes us friends, right? Did you really think I would say something like that!" both Laylas say in unison. They glance at each other and seem to come to a mutual understanding that the older Layla should speak here. Caster gives an indignant "Hmph!" regardless.

"I could tell that you were just a husk of your true self just by looking for half a second." The both of them form a cocky smile.

"It's only because you were brought here by my ally that you haven't been wiped from existence the moment you stepped foot in this plane. I'm guessing there's something you wanted from me?"

Brusel would (no homo) place his hand on Kon's chest, nodding as he waits for Kon to do the other part. As he gets ready to r e c e i v e the energy

@ZephyrosOmega

"Face her? You're stronger than her, here at least. Or are you talking about the original? And if so, why would you have to face her? She isn't here, nor do I imagine she ever will be."
"What do you mean, WHY? She's my own mother, and she stabbed me, with her stupid god drill... sword... THING. I can't just sit here and live my life never confronting her after that!"

Brusel would (no homo) place his hand on Kon's chest, nodding as he waits for Kon to do the other part. As he gets ready to r e c e i v e the energy

"Fusing!"

Kon's essence, powers, and memories are absorbed into Brusel, granting the latter all of his powers. [Perpetually at speed and AP cap until it gets past 5-B and FTL].

Along with the surge in strength, Brusel, that is all of the Brusels, feel as if they're perpetually being watched by something, presumably the entity.

Brusel would smile, feeling... such power! As he shouts loudly, as to boast his power "I can do this! I! CAN! W-" Suddendly, his speech is interrupted by the feeling of being watched... so this was what Kon could have felt at all times huh? Interesting... regardleess, he would cough a bit, as he ascended into the air.

He felt more powerful than ever and... he needed to plan what to do next.

@Labyrinth

"I can't say I'm too good at suggesting things like this. But, well, doing something together seems like it might work. Something like a "date", I believe."

Kusanagi suggested, sounding a bit unsure herself.

@The Wake servants

"Oh, I didn't expect that. Just that there's nothing to fear. And I can tell that I'm not the only one who's a husk here. Even the stronger of you two is still a tiny fraction of what she could do."

He pointed out.

"And in truth, I was just curious what was going on. This is a very interesting situation to bear witness to. You're out of place here too, compared to that Lailah, or to this woman."

He said, glancing over at the Kusanagi that had come with them.

"I'd also always been curious to talk to you in a circumstance where the two of us will not attempt to kill one another on sight."

@ZephyrosOmega

"I understand that, but you're in a different world now, with different rules, different beings. We have a god to slay, a freedom to obtain, a world to save. Try to focus on that. I'm certain that, after that, if you still feel you must, then you will be able to face her just fine."

She states, trying to encourage Kiara somewhat.

@Overlord775

"That's why I'm here. I want to help you get rid of that mark, if you'll let me. To help you overcome it. But you have to be willing to."

@Other places

"Again with the vague responses? Can you not answer something clearly?"

She sounds somewhat frustrated.

"On beings who normally aren't even capable of freedom, I think it is. They don't know what they lack, so they can't want to have it, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve it. They only exist for those jobs because of you, because you decided it would be so. Who gave you that authority? Why should the palace exist at all, for that matter?"

@labyrinth

"Yes, I'm aware of the existence of dates, I'm not sure what a good one would be though."

@other places

"No, I don't believe clear answers are necessary here."

"So you'd decree that because it's all they know, they should be granted freedom because they never experienced it. I'd argue the opposite, in fact, such a jump would be harmful to someone in that case, their mind wouldn't be used to the alternative, and they'd be woefully unprepared. And this is of course, all assuming they have no concept of freedom in the first place. As for who gave me that authority, you could say the gods did, or you could say that I took it for myself, either one brings you to me placing myself above the majority of godd using it. And as for why it should exist, several reasons, its a useful tool, it keeps the flow of things in check, it provides a record of the past and future of the worlds, etc."

@Wake

"Tch. Obnoxiously observant as ever." Layla remarks.

"Fine, then... while I can't say the feeling is mutual, I'd like to see as little of you as ever possible in fact, I can spare some time on behalf of your master."

@Labyrinth

"Well maybe a... restaurant or something? I remember those from the old days myself, though I can't say I went on dates often."

@Wake Servants

"Well, for one, what are you doing out here anyway? I was called here, of course, but you don't seem to have been."

He inquired.

@Overlord775

"Thank you."

Kusanagi answered, floating closer, she placed a hand on Sophia's soul.

"This may feel a bit strange, but it won't hurt you. So you have to let it happen."

She warned. Then, she began directing her energy through Sophia, this is energy that normally takes away, but in this case it is being directed for a positive purpose. To take away the mark left by the corrupted god, to take away the damage dealt to the soul.

@Other places

"And why aren't they? This seems like the exact time to give clear answers."

She declared.

"If they gain the capacity, it wouldn't be harmful. They would need time to adapt and to learn, certainly, but that's just natural. Even if they have a degree of freedom, they are still bound to their tasks the same way I was, as tools for you. Those kinds of beings should not be made to be tools alone. Why even give them minds at that point?"

"What's more, why does a god like you need to exist? That tool is pointless in this world, isn't it? Everyone has unclear futures, their very existences reshape fate around themselves, their paths can't be predicted."

@labyrinth

"That could be good, I guess we can try that. I wonder what sort of restaurant would be best though."

@other places

"Because I don't really have anything to gain from doing so." The voice retorts simply, it's plain inflection never changing.

"That's not entirely true either. Take for instance, the phenomena humans experience, where long time prisoners that are freed struggle because they are taken out of what they're used to, or military people turning into mercenaries. After a while, the mind develops a propensity toward a certain way of life, and being thrust into another may lead into relapsing back into the old one, or being unable to handle the new one. As for the question of why I'd give them minds, that's simply how they came, and its preferable to keep the company of those who can think, to mindless automata."

"Now, you may think this tool pointless, but let me ask this. When you read a story, don't the characters within also believe they have uncertain futures? That they change fate with their very existence, and none around them can be certain what the future holds? But to you, the observer above, you can skip ahead freely to the end and witness it, their uncertain future, everything leading up to it, their present, past, and all choices. What if I told you this was similar, that all the choices you make to change the future simply result in the end switching, as an observer watches from the top, seeing it all play out at once, looking at the beginning, middle, and ever shifting end, much like one of those choose your own adventure stories?"

As it asks this question, more of the being begins to manifest, and it begins its entire head into view.

"Would you believe me, or would you rebuke me? Well, it doesn't truly matter I suppose, but I expect it to be the latter. But, even if it turns out that I'm lying about that, don't you think the normal humans of the world deserve to be able to live normal lives as well? A regulated flow of things, keeping everything conducive to continued life, that could be considered a function of this as well."

@Wake

Normally Layla would lie, but she knew the angry sword woman would just blabber more than what was necessary if she did. So she decided to tell the shorter simplified version of the truth instead.

"I was in fact pulled here before you, but rather by the being who seems to fancy itself this world's god. Why exactly it decided to do so is beyond me, but I can't say I mind. I quite liked it here... it was almost like a relaxing vacation until you showed up."

...Magent would teleport back to the Labyrinth, a bit covered in blood... seems he had a bit of a rough time on Earth. As he sat down. "Nope, not any better of a world."

@Labyrinth

"Well, what about what the humans call "Japanese food"? It reminds me a bit of my old home, and it is as good an option as any."

The swordswoman suggested.

@Wake Servants

"Hm, pulled here. But not the same way as these people, I can see that much. The woman who summoned me holds enough power to annihilate the world's surface, they seem to be your physical superior, and you appear to gain power an entirely different way than them."

He noted.

"So what have you been up to here, anyway? Have you been getting along well with the inhabitants?"

Kusanagi seems to look away when this is said.

@Overlord775

Kusanagi proceeds with the treatment, utilizing her ability of deprivation to seize away the corruption, the mark left by the dark dragon god on her soul.

@Other places

"I mean, you could have a better chance of convincing me not to oppose what you are doing."

Murakumo pointed out.

"But that phenomena should never occur in the first place, because people should not be driven to the point where it does. And even so, they can learn. In gaining freedom they would gain the capacity to evolve."

"And while it might be true that stories have a defined end, worlds are not mere stories. You aren't someone witnessing our lives as a story, you're just another participant of it. A minor one, if anything. I can see how all of them fluctuate fates, and the unique existence of that woman, which I have inherited, which makes the existence of a defined ending impossible, as neither she nor I exist in any ending written by those who claim to be above. The fact that I, as a supposed "lower" being, have the power to end the stories of even those above me, proves that the observers are nothing but part of this world themselves."

She said, raising her sword as if to add to her point.

"And besides, why would a tool even need to regulate those things, when the natural order already exists even without that? Why not allow things to follow their natural course, without overseeing them and grabbing power for yourself?"

@labyrinth

"That sounds like a good idea. I'll ask her later I suppose, it doesn't sound like a good idea to do it right now."

@other places

"Have I ever said I didn't want you to oppose me?"

They ask in response

"You seem to have a lot of faith in their abilities to adapt to something that's different than what they were fine with for an untold amount of time, especially when you don't know almost anything about them."

"The belief your kind tends to have, of being in control, the assuredness you have in your abilities to defy things above you, they're certainly something." It replies, with the first hint of any emotion within its voice, what sounds like a hint of exasperation.

"Are you positive that that natural order exists? You yourself argue that no sorts of futures and such can be certain due to the existence of you lot, so what sort of natural order and flow can be sure to exist then? What would stop the mere existence of some of you from completely throwing that flow out of order, destroying it, taking it for yourselves, anything like that. Even if not on purpose, let's not pretend like some of you don't have things that would do that. Let's also not forget that there are certainly things besides observers like myself and the thing that brought you all here, that would interfere with the world, this tool could be used to help prevent that."

@ZephyrosOmega

"I understand that, but you're in a different world now, with different rules, different beings. We have a god to slay, a freedom to obtain, a world to save. Try to focus on that. I'm certain that, after that, if you still feel you must, then you will be able to face her just fine."

She states, trying to encourage Kiara somewhat.
"...Right. You're right." She shakes her head, taking a deep breath. "Sorry... I was just. Shocked, that's all..." Kiara scoots over and embraces Kusanagi. Tears are flowing down her eyes, but she's smiling. "Thank you."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The weight would be lifted from Sophia's soul ... the pain is very much still there, but what Kusanagi did made it bearable, no longer an overwealming presence, as her pupils regain their pupils as a metaphorical sign of that.

She slowly but steadily attempt to get up, looking up too Kusanagi all the while.

@Labyrinth

"I think I could ask her right now actually. It seems like a good opportunity to distract her from all of this."

The swordswoman suggested.

@ZephyrosOmega

Kusanagi hugs her back, allowing her to remain close as long as she wishes.

"Don't worry, I'm here. Would you like to go somewhere with me and Lailah to take your mind off all of this?"

She proposed.

@Moon base

Kusanagi's soul would then return to the normal world, seeing that the damage to Sophia has at least lessened enough that she can function to some extent.

"I think I did it."

She said.

@Other places

"I could help them. And if I made it here, then who's to say they couldn't either?"

She declared.

"And I think my belief is justified. All of those people have only gotten stronger, and thanks to her, I have too. I doubt this is the end of our growth."

She replied, noting the being's first expressing of real emotion.

"The laws of physics still exist, do they not? Sure, they might all have the power to change things, but does the universe not have a default state of existence? Though yes, the presence of myself and them does certainly distort the flow of this world, but maybe that too is how it should be. And if need be, I can kill those distortions myself, without the need for any godly tool to exist."

Brusel would be on the lookout... trying to utilize some of Kon's new stuff... Kon could sense everything that was going on on Earth, so let's try that shall we?

@labyrinth

"Oh, okay, yeah, do that." She says, some nervousness creeping up in her voice

@moon

"So she's back then?"

@other places

"Because you don't know how similar or different you are from them, and, if I recall correctly, you had some rather specific assistance to get here."

"Now, you've gotten stronger yes, but does that really mean anything? Let's say you pick up a few parlor tricks that let you harm something stronger than you, like the source of those abilities for instance, well done, but how would you truly put those into action against something that was far superior to you? If they ever managed to see you as a threat, what's to stop them from snuffing you and your entire reality out before you could think about fighting? At that point, if such a being being loses to you, was it truly a win worth being proud of, or did they let you kill them? If it's the latter, you're not really defying them in the end, are you?" They point out, returning to their flat tone of voice

"The default state of existence of the universe, the laws of physics, do you truly think such things hold up on their own at this point? Even if they did, that doesn't account for the flow of other things that must be regulated, I'm sure you're aware of that. And that proposal is a bit hypocritical now isn't it? If you kill all distortions in the natural flow and natural order, and continue to do so as they pop up, doesn't that just make you that godly tool you're seeking to destroy? Substituting one for another is all that would accomplish, needless destruction to lead to the same outcome."

Back