• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@Listentomyrhytm

As he approaches it, Brusel sees several guards armed with tridents. They cross their weapons in front of the door to block any entry, and speak what was probably a warning, although the specifics of it are lost in the fact that it just sounds like a bunch of gurgles.

"Agghh, you aren't even strong enough for this to be satisfying!"

Llwn yells gutturally in response, obviously frustrated, as the grip of his shotgun is reduced to a metal twig in his grip.

"And I would've done that, trust me, if it weren't exponentially more trouble than it would be worth!"

He simply falls backwards and lays on the floor, now annoyed at himself at how childish this entire incident probably appears.

@Paul_Frank

"...What? Please move out of the way, I wanna explore this dangerous place" Brusel responds to the guards, it comes out as a bunch of gurgles first, but he makes a small barrier for him aand the guards, only to transmit the message. Then it diseappears.

@Dungeon

"Not just that. I'm also going to kill the entity that brought the summoned into this world to begin with. To put an end to this chaos, to make sure things don't repeat in ruin. And for that I need power, as much power as I can get. All of us need power. To get rid of it for good. And well, in part because I want to see if I can do it to begin with."

She explained, sounding calmer, although still with her will tempered and her words confident.

"I'm not going to let some being, no matter its height, get away with tampering with worlds like that, or bringing things like these memories into existence."

She answered, looking at her relic.

"I will not let anyone repeat this past on any world. That is what matters to me. And by the end, I hope to go back and fix even this place for good, killing that past once and for all. Now come at me!"

Kusanagi shouted, releasing her aura once more, which was a more collected sort this time, but still had the effects of before.

@Labyrinth

"Actually, I don't mind. With this, I have a chance to reach greater heights than before. And I met with what seemed to be an envoy of that entity. We will reach the end, I am sure of it now."

@Hl3_or_bust

The djinn stands and brushes himself off, looking at Llwn

"So are you done now? You clearly don't want the treasures or my power, and I'm not interested in attacking you over such a minor provocation, so I guess you can leave if you want, and someone else can capture the dungeon?"

He sounds confused, not knowing exactly what happened, or knowing how to deal with it entirely, but he waves his hand and the exit appears

@Listentomyrhytm

The two guards shake their heads, clearly intent on not letting Brusel inside the building.

@dungeon

"I guess I don't get to refuse here do I? Oh well."

She hops back a good distance, assumes a stance, blade drawn, and waits for Kusanagi to move, not releasing any sort of aura or signs of killing intent, although she held a similar look in her eyes as her opponent.

@labyrinth

"I see, as long as you're fine then."

@Yobo_Blue

"Well I guess it seems he cleared it too." The djinn says, checking some notes

"Although only one of you can claim the rewards, so unless this other guy decides to let Link have them, they're going to have to fight for it or something."

@Listentomyrhytm

The guards look around confused, and try to figure out where they are in the city.

The doors in front of Brusel seem to be unlocked, and slide upwards to open.

Last edited:
@dungeon

"Well, I suppose I could consider holding back somewhat if you offered surrender and information upon defeat. But then, that does seem unlikely. So, what will it be?"

Kusanagi's stare seemed piercing, as if she was viewing far more than just this person right now.

@Labyrinth

"I think so. Mostly at least. Thank you, both of you."

@dungeon

"Hmm. That'd have to depend on what information you wanted, but you're right in it being unlikely, not sure how much I'm allowed to say afterall."

Though she says this, her guard never once lowers

@labyrinth

"That's good to hear then."

@Yobo_Blue

"Well I guess it seems he cleared it too." The djinn says, checking some notes

"Although only one of you can claim the rewards, so unless this other guy decides to let Link have them, they're going to have to fight for it or something."

@Listentomyrhytm

The guards look around confused, and try to figure out where they are in the city.

The doors in front of Brusel seem to be unlocked, and slide upwards to open.
@Hl3_or_bust
The djinn clears her throat
”Well, what do you say then, are you willing to give the reward to Link? It seems like something a bit different than what you’re looking for.”

@Dungeon

"You take on my own appearance yet you lack the will to cut your own path to freedom, merely letting yourself be subject to that which they "allow" you to do? Then you aren't worthy of that appearance at all, if you can't cut yourself free of that."

She said, beginning by casting DeSpell and Slow on the enemy, before firing Pale Horse at her, hoping to elicit retaliation that she can then use to counterattack, her senses focused on the enemy and her blade ready.

Her aura begins releasing fire again in preparation for battle.

@Labyrinth

"With that said however, I have decided to kill the ruler of the Sacred Palace, as that being spoke of to me. Just one more step in the path to that entity, I suppose."

Kusanagi noted out loud.

"I also feel a bit strange, as if something may be on the verge of changing."

@Listentomyrhytm

As he enters the building, Brusel would note that no water enters, and that the inside is bone dry. Within, there is a hulking, giant creature hunched over, sat in front of a portal. It looks very intent on not letting anyone pass

@dungeon

"I guess you truly don't understand then."

Her blade is swung vertically, and from Kusanagi's point of view, the entire realm is bisected. An invisible wave of absolute power emitted from the opponent, cleanly cutting through all in its path, including the attempted Pale Horse, as it continues along its path right to Kusanagi

@labyrinth

"No, the Sacred Palace is... a tool. A tool that allows one to, among other things, freely control the rukh of the world, and change the position of any god in the hierarchy. The guardian of it could be considered an omnipotent author of the story known as our world."

@dungeon

"I think it's you who doesn't understand. If you're me in any way, you'd know that this place wasn't for you. That you should do everything possible to break your bonds."

Kusanagi responded, returning her strike in kind with a horizontal slash that would split the enemy's slash apart, destroying it and trailing towards the enemy this time, as her sword seemed to bore a hole into reality itself.

"If you want to claim to be a proper reflection, then break free of your bonds. Whoever is ruling over you and this place, they are merely another to be cut. In that case, I am willing to cut that freedom with you."

@Labyrinth

"That, yes. Though at the same time, I feel they are by no means omnipotent to the entity that brought us here, nor to us ourselves even."

Kusanagi said, contemplating the notion.

@Listentomyrhytm

As he enters the building, Brusel would note that no water enters, and that the inside is bone dry. Within, there is a hulking, giant creature hunched over, sat in front of a portal. It looks very intent on not letting anyone pass
"Hm..." Brusel says, as he approaches the creature, slowly yet preparing himself in case it was hostile. Not minding the bone dry place, but noting it as strange mentally.

@Yobo_Blue

The djinn shrugs at Llwn, and enters the staff, causing the dungeon to vanish

@Listentomyrhytm

Something flashes within the giant's eyes as Brusel gets closer, and he slams his hands into the floor, before tearing and bending it upward to create a wall.

@dungeon

"That's certainly an interesting notion. But if you think that's possible, you must be overestimating yourself. Beating such a being is far above your pay grade, if you're going to make such an offer, you have to be able to back it up. If it were possible, I'd have done it myself, rebellion isn't an option in my case, but it's not entirely bad."

She swings her blade horizontally to match Kusanagi's attack, mirroring the motions and sending her own attack toward her, while swinging again from the opposite direction quickly, sending a second wave

@Listentomyrhytm

Something flashes within the giant's eyes as Brusel gets closer, and he slams his hands into the floor, before tearing and bending it upward to create a wall.
"Huh... That's a neat ability" Brusel notes to himself, as he simply summons his Dimensional Sword. Creating a small portal to the other side of the wall with a small slash. Then walking towards it, as he desummons the sword.

He simply looks at the beast. "Hello there..."

Drake would return to the earthly plane, although he had multiple arrows, axes, daggers and swords stuck in his back, as well as his armor being bathed in a different colored substance and viscous.

"It was fun, the bad thing is that there are no more dungeons available now"said the demon sitting on top of a rock in a place on earth and then with telekinesis move a palm tree to take out a couple of coconuts and drink them

@Hl3_or_bust
As the dungeon disappears, Link puts away the staff while his djinn speaks
”Thanks for letting us have that one. If you need any help with anything, just let us know.”

@dungeon

"And therein lies your foolishness. I'm here fully intent to kill the being responsible for this existence as a whole, and you are telling me I can't succeed in freeing you from something infinitely its lesser? Nonsense. I will cut down the heavens and what binds you simply because that is how it must be, and for no other reason!"

She mirrored the slashes back, reflecting them as well, although oddly they seemed directed so that they miss her here. Though she was taking this seriously, it seems she was set on freeing her, rather than killing.

"I suppose that might be the intrinsic difference between us two, will, the strength to push forward no matter what one does. You cannot give up, no matter the odds you face. And so, I have a plan, if you'll hear me out and let me try. It starts... with me doing this!"

Kusanagi teleported rapidly, stopping this needless exchange, she aimed her power, amplified to the utter maximum, to cut the power distinctions between the two of them, to, most importantly, grant her use of the counter-technique, one that could prevent utter annihilation on an even higher level than even this entity could manage.

"We have a technique for this, a technique to prevent inexorable elimination even from gods beyond comprehension. Make use of that and you are free."

She declared as she did this.

@Labyrinth

"A stepping stone, I suppose. If we can just find an avatar for it then I could kill it with my Relic. That said, I am currently freeing, well, myself, from the shackles of one."

Last edited:
"Hm."

Something dawns on Llwn.

"Who, are you, by the way? I don't recall either of you from the initial group of summoned people."

"Hm."

Something dawns on Llwn.

"Who, are you, by the way? I don't recall either of you from the initial group of summoned people."
Link looks at him suspiciously, but the djinn starts talking

”From what I’ve been able to gather, Link here is from another world like yourself, but his powers aren‘t from the one who summoned all of you. He’s here for a different reason, although I’m not sure what they are.”

@Listentomyrhytm

It looks surprised, and tries to stumble backwards, only to realize it can't without going into the portal.

"No passing."

@dungeon

She let's this happen, not counter attacking this time, wanting to see what Kusanagi planned, and once it was done, she looks incredulously at Kusanagi

"You don't give up do you? Well, you've done what you wanted, let's go now, we should get out of the dungeon and figure out where to go from here, you've passed the trial in your own way." She states, although there is a noticeable hint of gratitude in her voice

@labyrinth

"I'm not sure when they'll send down an avatar, although I would be capable of bringing us there, not that that would be a good idea, waiting for an avatar is the better play." Lailah notes

"And... I see? How are you freeing yourself if you're already free though."

@Listentomyrhytm

It looks surprised, and tries to stumble backwards, only to realize it can't without going into the portal.

"No passing."
"No passing? Well, why is that?" Brusel asks, with a bit of a grin, aura appearing on him, glowing a white color... if the beast could see stands, it would see a 3 headed green being, with red eyes.

@Dungeon

"I said I'd forge my own path, didn't I? Now you can too. Let's go then, to your freedom."

Kusanagi said, sounding somewhat relieved and leading the mirror self to the exit along with her.

I wonder what Lailah and Kiara will end up thinking about this. This is different to the duplicates, but... I am glad I saved her.

@Labyrinth

"Is there something in particular that might lead them to do so? Also, it's... kinda hard to explain actually. I faced what was something like a mirror to me in that place, but also not entirely the same. And... I managed to free her from her shackles there."

She explained, she honestly sounded somewhat surprised at herself, something that was unseen from her.

@Listentomyrhytm

They seem to ponder it for a moment, and then raise their hand

Before they can do anything, the room changes form, revealing the treasure room, and from behind them steps out a male figure, seemingly wearing a fish costume, rather than actually being part fish.

"For your test, let's play a simple game, all you have to do is guess whether the number I draw from this deck of cards will be even, or odd, if you guess right, you win."

@dungeon

She nods and heads out with Kusanagi, the world behind both of them fading away into nothing as they leave

@labyrinth

"I can't think of anything in specific. They tend to not directly appear in the world. And okay then? So there's like, another you now?"

@Listentomyrhytm

They seem to ponder it for a moment, and then raise their hand

Before they can do anything, the room changes form, revealing the treasure room, and from behind them steps out a male figure, seemingly wearing a fish costume, rather than actually being part fish.

"For your test, let's play a simple game, all you have to do is guess whether the number I draw from this deck of cards will be even, or odd, if you guess right, you win."
"Woa... that's quite the treasure. If you want it, fine then!" Brusel seems prepared mentally, not willing to cheat in this instance, just to make it fair play. "I'd say... even."

@former dungeon

"So, if I may ask? What even really was that place? It didn't seem like an ordinary dungeon at all."

She asked her other self.

@labyrinth

"Is there anything that could force them to intervene? And uhh... something like that? She's not entirely me, but we're quite similar. I don't think she shares all of my aspects or such, but she's generally much the same in most regards."

Kusanagi explained, she seemed to be at a slight degree of loss herself.

"I don't know for sure what she'll want to do now, but I think she'll probably be willing to help in the whole god killing plan."

@Yobo_Blue

Kusanagi approached the meditating Ikkath in the chamber

"So, what exactly happened to you in that dungeon? Because something extremely odd happened to me."

She inquired, wishing to know if her experience was shared.

@The_Divine_Phoenix
Ikkath opens one eye

”I saw a vision of my past, and I confronted a mirror image of myself who asked me what my regrets are. We didn’t fight however, and it accepted my answer and let me pass. Why?”

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, I did too, but I seem to have gone about things a different way. I freed that mirror image, she's her own person now, separate from the dungeon. A rather odd situation to say the least."

@Yobo_Blue

"Neither, I think. She's the same in some ways, yet different in others. She's her own person, but is also much like me. I suppose the closest would be a twin sister? I never had siblings, so I cannot truly say."

Back