• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@Kyoto

Kusanagi scanned the people for mental influences and looked for what ailed them and such, trying to discern what exactly was going on here and if the area was dangerous.

"This does not seem good at all, I wish to check their mental states."

She noted to the Lailah there.

Link looks at him suspiciously, but the djinn starts talking

”From what I’ve been able to gather, Link here is from another world like yourself, but his powers aren‘t from the one who summoned all of you. He’s here for a different reason, although I’m not sure what they are.”
"Ah, I see."

Llwn looks west for a short moment.

"There might be something he's interested in over thataway."

He responds, pointing directly at Kyoto, having sensed the meteorological disturbances.

@Hl3_or_bust
”Any idea what that is over there?”

——————

As KusanagI uses her power to scan their minds, she finds that their minds have been “invaded and encapsulated” by a force. By looking at their past the same thing is revealed, a bright light flashing and them being put in this state

As Brusel gets closer, he’s able to see Sophia in the middle of the circle as the light starts to die down. She seems to be in the same state as the townspeople, but she’s frozen in prayer.

"Feels like a whole lotta shit going down if you ask me, given how a storm a few hundred thousand people across appeared over that area over the course of about... a few minutes, I think?"

@kyoto

"I guess we should probably deal with whatever is in the light yeah? That seems to be the cause of this."

@Kyoto

"Most likely. I don't imagine cleansing the influence is going to help too much right now as long as it's still there, so we'll need to face it. Let's go."

Kusanagi replied, going on to confront the light.

@elsewhere

Murakumo didn't seem extensively drawn by this, but she did go closer to allow her senses to view the situation as a whole.

@kyoto

"Yeah, I'll come with you."

Lailah pokes a few more people to see if they react, before running to catch up with Kusanagi and following her

@Hl3_or_bust
”That sounds bad, but I’m not sure if it’s something Link and I can help with

——————

@kyoto
The group looking at the light in the center sees Sophia as Brusel sees her, with the pillar of light dying out. A shimmering, glittering light also begins to appear around her.

@Kyoto

"Something tells me there's more to this than it seems. I wouldn't risk it until we have a clear idea of what is happening."

And so, she tried to do exactly that, looking at the light directly with her senses and what it was trying to do.

Lailah watches the light, scanning both it and Sophia as best she could, although she didn't expect to get much out of it.

She makes sure to keep her Ten up just in case it was needed.

As the group speaks the energy begins to coalesce into a more solid form. As this starts happening, Sophia’s eyes turn black, and she gets up, and begins to speak, a distinct booming male voice in sync with her almost drowning hers out, as she stands up

“Ah, it begins. Only a while longer.”

"Huh... a possession case it seems." Brusel comments to himself. His hair gets spiky and that of a yellow color, sparkling aura surrounding him.

"I feel like now would be the time where we try to put a stop to this, yes."

Kusanagi noted, entering combat stance with her sword as her aura coalesced into flames.

"I can't imagine you're too willing to listen now, but as a former ally I will extend you this courtesy. Stand down and cease this, or else we will be forced to hurt you."

Has she too become but part of the entity's game? This wasn't what the one I knew seemed to want.

As Kusanagi talks, Ikkath grimaces

“Hold on Kusanagi. Let me guess? You’re Arkeos inside Sophia?”

“Sophia“ turns to face him, inspecting him with her black eyes

”An observant one I see. But no, I’m merely a greater aspect of her god, or was rather was. The priestess was so distraught that she attempted to summon one, choosing this city to perform a ritual in order to gain aid. But she did not expect the entity that summoned you to interfere, so when she summoned one, it was twisted by the entity to create me instead. Fear not, however, as I too intend to bring peace.”

"This didn't seem like what she wanted at all. We cooperated to avoid forced control like this when her nature made it so, to rather achieve belief through her words."

Kusanagi stated.

"I have trouble believing the peace you want is anything like she, or any of those in this world, truly want."

"I believe you admitting to being twisted by the entity is a good way to get us to not listen to the rest of what you say." Lailah says, conjuring Vanity Cutters as she speaks

"...So the one that summoned us is a trickster. Twisting it so that you get summoned instead of her god." Brusel says. "Why should we believe you?"

“I will simply cause what has happened here spread across the world, to enforce peace. If you choose to side with me, I’ll allow you to each choose a city to do with as you wish, even free them if you so desire. All I ask in exchange is the rest of the Earth to be allowed to rest from its constant suffering.”

"That's nothing like what her own desires were. Turning people into empty husks like the ones here. You may as well just be killing them at that point."

She pointed out, noting how these things were fundamentally nowhere near human anymore. Say what you will about people's goals before this, but they came no where near this, in her mind.

"I doubt she'd even call you her god. You are little more than a fake of twisted ideals born by the power of an even more twisted being. We must put this to rest."

"...Hey, I may not know a lot about humans and humanity but making something into a seeming comatose state does not seem like bringing peace to me." Brusel states. "If you do have other intentions, state them. No need to lie here."

"Did you believe that we'd all say yes to your plan or something? If so, that's rather foolish." Lailah notes

"I assume stopping this would require killing you, and I assume killing you would also kill what's left of that priestess who thought it wise to summon you after her initial ideas stopped."

The God butcher dropped to the ground, all black absorbing the Berserker, regaining some of its power.

"I mean, even though I don't care about humanity at all, I only see a sack of flesh with desires for self-destruction," Drake said.

"But I'm sure that more than one cares about this world and that Sophia herself would not like someone to interfere with her mind" said Drake who seemed to choose not to fulfill the wish of "God"

@Hl3_or_bust
”That sounds bad, but I’m not sure if it’s something Link and I can help with."
"Hm, I see. I'll be over there if you ever need me, anyways."

Llwn responds before bursting up from the surface of the lake he layed upon on a bolt of pure lightning, heading towards Kyoto, the area he was referring to.

@Hl3_or_bust
”Alright, let us know if there’s any way we can help!”

———————

@kyoto

”I suppose that was to be expected. It is a foolish decision however, because you cannot defeat me. My glory will encompass the Earth.”

From behind Sophia, two massive draconic hands appear behind Sophia

“How can you hope to stop me when I’ve done all this before I’ve even materialized?”

"...What if we remake earth. What if we make another planet, genuine question." Brusel asks, as he floats on the air, sparkling aura still surrounding him, as his skin starts glowing and turns a golden color.

"Why would making another planet change what he's saying?" Lailah questions, before turning back to the entity

"And the simple answer to your question, is we defeat you before you manifest, that seems like like quickest solution."

"The answer is most likely that we simply kill you, yes."

Kusanagi pointed out, affirming what Lailah was saying.

"A world as frozen like this is effectively a dead world as is. We'll save people by ending this here."

She continued.

I wonder what she'll think of all of this. Murakumo.

@elsewhere

Murakumo watched on from a distance. She would almost certainly hold distaste for what was being done, but she was unsure enough of her course that she felt she didn't yet have anything to say. She wanted to learn from the others. So she stayed back for now. That and meeting Lailah and Kiara face to face felt a bit embarrassing to her.

Sophia begins to glow with a holy light, as she manifests her sword. The hands clap together, and you feel a wave of weakness fall over all of you.

”You can’t hope to win here. Submit and you will be granted a quick death.”

A divine wind begins to blow, tearing at the area, and the hands rush at Kusanagi and Drake

Drake would fly further from the incoming attack while moving Mjolnir at extreme speeds and then launching a powerful lightning that would crash into the hand.

As the hands approach, they'd find themselves assaulted by hundreds upon hundreds of Kiara's summoned cutlasses, each laced with the flames of Sunshine. Each one that struck began to burn away flesh, negating regeneration at that.

"Tsk..." Brusel glows red as his aura spikes up, he fires a massive ball of energy towards the right hand of the being as his skin goes back to a golden color.

Last edited:
Back