• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@New dungeon

Kusanagi looks distinctly angered by this as she raises her sword.

"This place... Who gave you the right to do this..."

Her aura flares up extremely violently, near reminiscent of the time when she cut down Izanagi as the very Force around her screams out in anger.

"To bring me here again..."

She clutched her sword so hard that a not insignificant amount of blood spilled from her hand.

"I'm sorry Ikkath, but I'm not going to bother holding back for this one. The djinn might die after all."

The sword in her hand changed, from the one meant to incapacitate, to a massively more lethal one. For now, she watched the surroundings for any reaction.

@Labyrinth

"It is and-"

She is then cut off by Kiara arriving and giving her the flower.

"I..."

She seems stumped.

"T-thank you."

Last edited:
Kiara smiles. Utilizing Yomi, she places a "soul" into the flower, one that will allow it to resist Kusanagi's flames. She then does a somewhat surprising gesture, and places it gently in Kusanagi's hair.

"There. I think that makes you look even prettier~"

@dungeon 2: attack of the clones

Ikkath would notice it is just as he remembered, including people around doing what they would have back then, it seems entirely normal, save for the obvious fact that he entered a dungeon. A few of the people inside give a slightly strange look to how on guard he is, and then return to their business.

Kusanagi sees that down to the smallest detail, this is exactly the same on the outside as it was in her past. Her killing intent and immense aura causing some damage to the structure, but aside from that, and the fact that she knows she's in a dungeon, one couldn't blame her for thinking she somehow went back in time.

@labyrinth

"I have to agree with her, I think you look great, or, well, you always do, but still."

@dungeon

I really want to check to see who’s here, but I think that’s what the djinn would want me to do. Still.....

Ikkath becomes less outwardly on guard, but keeps on the lookout for anything that could be a djinn, making sure to listen to his staff as he does so

@Dungeon

"What nonsense. I would sunder this very dungeon were it not for Ikkath potentially being in here."

She began releasing her law.

"The Sun, since time immemorial, his brother-stars in song had rivaled. Bolting ‘long a path predestined, with thunder echoing in his wake. And with swiftness — swiftness beyond measure –, his perpetual cycle fought. His path ravaged, to ashes scorched. Unknown, peerless supremacy, by heav’ns wrought. Equal in beauty to the first of your days!
Ber'iah- Eine Faust Overture!"

Kusanagi released her Law and Relic, holding nothing back, she wished to paint over this false world with her own will.

She swung her sword, wishing to cut the very power reflecting her memories here as she painted it over with her own power, advancing and attempting to make sure that this world could no longer appear to here.

@Labyrinth

"W-wait, you want me to wear it? And n-no I don't."

@Hl3_or_bust

"I maintain the dungeon, set up trials of different difficulties, and essentially see whether you're fit to capture the dungeon or not."

@dungeon 2 into darkness

Ikkath finds a scenario he likely remembered well. There on the ground lay a girl, seemingly not from this martial arts school. She was still, and not breathing. Standing above her was seemingly the assailant, holding up his hand and looking at his fists, breathing out after the exerted effort.

Kusanagi's attempt to paint over the world with her own creation figment, altering time as the laws of the old world were written over is met with no resistance at all. However as she looks at the immediate area around her, she'd notice that it didn't change, when her blade attempted to sunder what was projecting her memories however, the entire world flickered, she could feel her blade gliding through her own mind, threatening to sunder her memories, and she sees something in an upper window that disappears into the darkness at that same moment.

@labyrinth

Lailah nods in agreement before she goes and takes a seat some distance away, leaving Kiara to have her own private time with Kusanagi as well

She continues working on her commandments and such

@Listentomyrhytm

A Brusel in the Pacific Ocean can find, near the entrance to the Mariana Trench, a golden gate similar to the entrance to the dungeon from earlier

Last edited:
@Listentomyrhytm

A Brusel in the Pacific Ocean can find, near the entrance to the Mariana Trench, a golden gate similar to the entrance to the dungeon from earlier1
Brusel smiles. "So another one of these huh, let's see what's inside." He says, air escaping into mere bubbles but... he doesn't need to breathe. He tries entering alone.

@dungeon

"If you are not to strip this place away and face me in battle, then I will simply bring absolute ruin to all of the dungeon regardless. Hear me, djinn of this place. Surrender yourself or face complete and utter annihilation of this dungeon as a whole. You have no authority to make this place, you dared bring this back, you dared see this without my permission. For that, you must die. For someone with the power to bring back this calamity and the desire to do it cannot be allowed to exist."

She warned, her words seething with anger as her very law pulsed with her will, seemingly beginning the process of changing somewhat, as her desire to kill the past was so powerful that it was beginning to override her previous desire.

She said, as every bit of her power poured to cover the area, flames which ate away at energy itself would tear and attempt to annihilate the castle, as she swung her sword repeatedly, cleaving into it and attempting to cause as much damage as possible. Space, time, causality, all of it was being cut. The very time of that place was being deprived in its entirety, tendrils of absolute erasure filled the area.

@labyrinth

The Kusanagi in the labyrinth seems to almost... stop.

Her eyes become vacant, and it does not seem she's all there anymore at all, most of her will seems focused elsewhere, either that or she's hiding something from them to protect them.

"Umm... Kusanagi?"

Kiara waves a hand in front of her face, to no avail. "Well, that's not ri-"

Kiara then senses the fabric of everything being cut somewhere on the world.

"Oh, okay."

@Everyone

The flow of time abruptly comes to a halt. Everything except for the summoned themselves is frozen in time. Everything but their own bodies and clothing comes to a halt, irregardless of any particular resistance. Even Layla and Kon are frozen. (Basically leaving only the PCs able to move).

@dungeon

"If you are not to strip this place away and face me in battle, then I will simply bring absolute ruin to all of the dungeon regardless. Hear me, djinn of this place. Surrender yourself or face complete and utter annihilation of this dungeon as a whole. You have no authority to make this place, you dared bring this back, you dared see this without my permission. For that, you must die. For someone with the power to bring back this calamity and the desire to do it cannot be allowed to exist."

She warned, her words seething with anger as her very law pulsed with her will, seemingly beginning the process of changing somewhat, as her desire to kill the past was so powerful that it was beginning to override her previous desire.

She said, as every bit of her power poured to cover the area, flames which ate away at energy itself would tear and attempt to annihilate the castle, as she swung her sword repeatedly, cleaving into it and attempting to cause as much damage as possible. Space, time, causality, all of it was being cut. The very time of that place was being deprived in its entirety, tendrils of absolute erasure filled the area.

Kusanagi sees a man appear before her, everything but the two of them completely still.

"The djinn itself is not the cause of this, but rather, the ruler of the Sacred Palace who created this place. That person is the one you should be directing your anguish at."

He has a somewhat jarring presence about him. Almost inherently foreign and yet familiar at the same time. Everyone, regardless of senses or location can see the current scene, and each other, almost as if they were all standing nearby. Kusanagi herself would however be obscured by some kind of interference.

Last edited:
@labyrinth

"Kusanagi?" Lailah calls, sounding worried and hugging her from behind

"Come on, what's wrong?"

She then notices what's going on

Another Lailah looks at the scene and pays more attention

The Guardian of the Sacred Palace themselves? What was in that dungeon?

Llwn is taken somewhat aback by the sudden freezing of time, being more annoyed than anything else, although he watches the scene with Kusanagi and the new presence intently.

"And who are you to tell me that?"

Kusanagi's sword flashes with a massive distortion.

"If you stand in my way, then you too... will be cut."

She used all possible sensory abilities on this person, looking at their past, their future, their present, their powers, their mind, everything she possibly could.

"Well, there might be a quicker way."

Elsewhere on Drake's planet, an ornate looking temple erects itself, as if answering to Layla's power.

"Not bad for my first attempt?" Layla jests.

Layla transforms into a small snake, coiling herself around Drake's upper arm, like a large bracelet.

"Don't let appearances deceive you. The entrance is a portal to the Djinn's world, who knows what could be on the other side. I'll be with you, of course, so you have nothing to fear."

[My classes resume this week so responses will be slow but you can make the interior whatever, within a similar vein to the other dungeons shown so far. You can also just say you did this "off-screen" after waiting a bit if that's easier.]
(Okay)
"This works, it's time to act" said Drake entering the portal, seeing that he was in a kind of pyramid from ancient Egypt with non-human symbols and some human bones.

[Reee-post this, to avoid getting lost in the comments]

“Some stunt you’re pulling, causing people to relive their worst moments.”
"That wasn't my doing."

"And who are you to tell me that?"

Kusanagi's sword flashes with a massive distortion.

"If you stand in my way, then you too... will be cut."

She used all possible sensory abilities on this person, looking at their past, their future, their present, their powers, their mind, everything she possibly could.
"I'm someone who sees all the truths in the world. Let's leave it at that... but I'm not standing in your way. Time will resume shortly and you can do as you please."

His past and future only show the present. Powers and mind seem blank.

(Okay)
"This works, it's time to act" said Drake entering the portal, seeing that he was in a kind of pyramid from ancient Egypt with non-human symbols and some human bones.

[Reee-post this, to avoid getting lost in the comments]
[If you were waiting for me to run the dungeon you're better off just saying you off-screened it ovo]

"No, let's not leave it at that. Are you the one who brought us here or associated to them? Because then I definitely have more things to say to you."

"No, let's not leave it at that. Are you the one who brought us here or associated to them? Because then I definitely have more things to say to you."
"It's better if you keep it brief. I won't be here for much longer and there are things you need to know before I disappear." His tone of voice seems to confirm her suspicions, even without answering them directly.

Kusanagi looked at the relic on her arm, and then at the being speaking to them.

"I will keep it brief then. In truth I imagine it goes without saying, seeing as you claim to see all the truths of the world, there's no way you don't know already. Still, for the sake of morale. You will perish along with that being. I promise you that. I will cut down the heavens above themselves and free us all from this prison."

She declared, extending her arm to move the Relic close to the being's neck, although not making any form of attack as of yet.

"Say what you will."

[what I thought I was pretty clear about that before <_<]
(Man, is that although I know that you are busy with real life and you gave me the power to describe the dungeon, I just posted this so it wouldn't get lost in the comments of others and you could give some support in this part of the story(When you have time to me, not necessarily today or tomorrow) since I'm basically in a Djinn realm)

Kusanagi looked at the relic on her arm, and then at the being speaking to them.

"I will keep it brief then. In truth I imagine it goes without saying, seeing as you claim to see all the truths of the world, there's no way you don't know already. Still, for the sake of morale. You will perish along with that being. I promise you that. I will cut down the heavens above themselves and free us all from this prison."

She declared, extending her arm to move the Relic close to the being's neck, although not making any form of attack as of yet.

"Say what you will."
He grins. His expression is one of neither fear nor condescension, but pure excitement.

"I look forward to it.

I would've liked to be able to give more detail, but we're out of time so this will be short. Your next event will commence in Japan within an hour, just enough time for you to wrap up any business. We'll meet again after it's done."

A few seconds after delivering this message, time resumes everywhere and everyone is returned to their prior positions (meaning people can respond to him or each other briefly before getting sent back).

@Oliver_de_jesus [Yeah sorry about that. In truth something like a dungeon is much harder for me than abrupt scenes or character interactions and I don't think I'd be able to do that in any really entertaining capacity, and I'd rather not split my attention too wide on too many big things as that will slow everyone down even further. Paul putting in as much effort as he did is actually pretty admirable. But well, I can try later I guess.]

[Yeah sorry about that. In truth something like a dungeon is much harder for me than abrupt scenes or character interactions and I don't think I'd be able to do that in any really entertaining capacity, and I'd rather not split my attention too wide on too many big things as that will slow everyone down even further. Paul putting in as much effort as he did is actually pretty admirable. But well, I can try later I guess.]
(thanks)

@dungeon 2 episode 2

In response to Kusanagi's display of overwhelming power, the entire area is razed as she wished, and she is left alone with the ruined palace and the field.

"It seems like you're not able to face your past afterall, a shame." Something says in her own voice

"I offer you here the chance to leave. This place is not for you, your mind will sink into the depths of nothingness and shatter beyond repair if you stay. You've failed, and now you may leave."

Behind her, opens another golden portal like the one she saw when she entered

Kusanagi would sense that this isn't a djinn, or, at the least, its nothing like the other djinn she's seen thus far if it was one. Whatever this thing was looked at her with regret and sorrow, not that it was visible, its just something that could be sensed from its energy.

"Once you leave, this world will be erased, as this test will be deemed a failure, and you'll never be able to return."

A voice comes to Ikkath, from... himself?

He sees himself in a fit of rage, beating that man nearly to death, no detail is missed, and it's like he was watching the event from the side lines back then. His mirror then turns to face him.

"You got cast out for this huh? How do you feel about it? What do you regret more, not being able to save your rival here, or getting kicked out for trying to avenge her?"

@Hl3_or_bust

"Umm, right, I'm not used to this sorry." He laughs, before taking out a clipboard

"Killed a serpent, beat off the guards to reach the hatch, found the dungeon in the first place..." He mumbles this stuff as he checks off a few boxes

"Okay you seem to be all set, you really passed enough trials that you don't have to fight me as a backup one, so if you present a metal object, I'll occupy it and you can take the treasures from here along with me."

@Listentomyrhytm

The dungeon that the Brusel enters is an underwater metropolis in appearance. Brusel enters above the "city" and can look down upon it. Things swim around the water with him, and he can tell he's supposed to head further in

@Paul_Frank
Ikkath looks legitimately pained, but still answers

”What I regret is of no importance. It’s in the past now, and I’ll do my best to move on from it. Dwelling in the past isn’t good for you anyway.”

@Listentomyrhytm

The dungeon that the Brusel enters is an underwater metropolis in appearance. Brusel enters above the "city" and can look down upon it. Things swim around the water with him, and he can tell he's supposed to head further in
He looks impressed at the city, as he propels himself with a boost of energy, as he dashes further in. With a bit of a smile.

@dungeon

"You're wrong. I have faced my past. It is the insolence of beings that think they can show it to me and speak as if they are my better that is the issue here. I simply consider this place too much of a danger, this power that can manifest calamities like those of my memory. You, it does not matter who you are. I will carve my own path. I will kill you. I will not accept failure. I will keep walking forward. Fight me."

She said, raising her relic. Even the abstract couldn't escape this power in truth, nor could those without bodies to cut.

@Labyrinth

Kusanagi seems to collect herself again and return to mostly normal.

"A dungeon angered me greatly. There is some being here that isn't a djinn, I intend to kill them."

"Oh, i see..."

Kiara frowns as she grips both of Kusanagi's hands. "Are you alright? Do you need anything?"

Last edited:
"Ah, I see. Unfortunately,"

In a motion imperceptible, and even further-modified shotgun appears in Llwn's hand, and with a single shot, the various treasures behind the djinn are either vaporized outright or reduced to molten slag from the muzzle flash alone.

"Everything in here is worthless! And is also here at all because of someone I genuinely ******* detest!"

The molten shards that were at one point pellets emerge from the shotgun's barrel and almost immediately curve back around it towards the djinn, drug along by an invisible web of force.

@dunge2

The other Ikkath claps

"Well said."

The exit appears behind Ikkath

"You may leave now, you're free to return for whatever reasons, if you clear this in the end, there might even be rewards. Here."

He tosses Ikkath a key

"This entrance will close use that to open it, and for your trouble I can grant you the capacity to use that staff you got in another dungeon, if you'd like."

The force coalesces, a figure with the appearance of Kusanagi appears before her

"Is that the answer you're resolved toward?"

"I should never have taken this job." She mutters sarcastically

"You're determined to kill me and the person that's the current Guardian of the Sacred Palace then?"

@Hl3_or_bust

The djinn puts up a shield of water to block a bit of the force, although its mostly evaporated and he's sent flying by the force

"Hey hey hey. If you dislike the Magi who brought the dungeon here, take it out on them and not me." He says, as he sits there

There are several burn marks on him from where the pellets hit, but any holes are shallow at best

@Listentomyrhytm

Brusel sees that further inside the city are several buildings that "people" are entering. However, there is a single one, in the very center of the city, that everyone seems to avoid.

@labyrinth

"Oh no. I should have looked inside them before I let you guys enter, I'm sorry."

@Listentomyrhytm

Brusel sees that further inside the city are several buildings that "people" are entering. However, there is a single one, in the very center of the city, that everyone seems to avoid.
"Hm... so it's avoided by people. Common sense dictates... something dangerous must be there. Therefore, I must go!" He says, now heading towards the avoided building.

Back