• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

Ikkath notices a strong presence watching over the dungeon, although he can tell its not hostile, as he walks further in the open chamber he sees it seems to lead to a tunnel, which leads to a dead end, although his senses tell him there are still things past the wall in front of him.

Additionally he notices several large scorpion like creatures in the chamber with him, although none seem to have noticed him, or if they did, they aren't hostile.

He'd also notice that some of the pits he's passed seem to connect to some sort of burrow system underground, which might light forward past this dead end, although the burrow also seems to contain more of these scorpions, along with other beings
Ikkath is so bored that he decides to take the long way and impose some challenges on himself

Alright, no going past walls, no flight, no teleportation, and no fighting anything.

Ikkath throws down a miniature camera into a pit as stealthily as possible to get a clearer image of what’s down there and see if there’s any areas he can parkour around

@labyrinth

Lailah chuckles at this

"It is certainly a lot to take in the first time you use it."

And then she gets kissed and immediately turns red and gets quieter

@Yobo_Blue

The camera shows that that burrows are large, unsurprisingly to anyone, since the scorpions are too.

Ikkath can see that there are several protrusions at higher levels of the walls, and when combined with the still present stalagmites and stalactites, he can likely use them to parkour around out of sight of most of the scorpions below. Although he'd notice some of then walking around on these upper levels as well, and some sleeping up there.

The camera itself also seems to have gone unnoticed by the creatures, as they were mostly preoccupied.

@Hl3_or_bust

The hatch opens without much effort, and the light from it transports him into the dungeon. When Llwn enters, he can see that behind some of the translucent walls is water, like behind the glass in an aquarium, only said water is empty. Or, mostly empty, in the depths of the water, far out of view of any normal person, Llwn can notice a large red serpent curled up, it's gaze locked on him, unwavering, there is one of these on the other side of him as well.

The path ahead is illuminated by torchlight, and visibly leads to a large chamber, in the middle of which is a single table with a piece of paper on it.

Last edited:
@Labyrinth

"The Djinn tells me to let you do that thing to me that you did to Kiara, for whatever reason, also here."

Kusanagi said, showing the sword she found in the treasure.

"Be careful with Layla, she seems to be trying to manipulate people into placing herself in power for her own notion of freedom, from what I understand. Take care to not place too much trust in her words. If she claims she only wants to be free of control, understand that to potentially mean that what she wants is total control over others at the pinnacle."

She said, telepathically warning Lailah.

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, I can in theory produce additional people from parts of myself. Would that do?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix
”Are they sentient?”

@Paul_Frank
Ikkath slips down into the pit and hangs on a protrusion out of sight of the scorpions, he slows down his own sense of time, then attempts to swing across to different areas, keeping an eye on the scorpions to stay out of their field fo vision, while using his lightning tether to cross through large gaps without drawing any attention to himself

@labyrinth

"Oh, okay, hold still and don't fight this."

Lailah places a hand on Kusanagi, and corrupts her rukh the same way she did to Kiara

While this is occurring, she takes a look at the sword more closely.

"The sword sadly doesn't seem all too special, it's range is deceptively long when powered with magoi as around its edge, there is a field of compression via strength magic, which increases the range and I suppose can crush and compress certain things."

And noted, she doesn't seem entirely malicious, but I'll keep an eye out as you say. It's not like she has been entirely trusted 100% thus far anyway, hence my vagueness.

@Yobo_Blue

Due to his great stealth, the scorpions don't notice Ikkath as he does this. He eventually lands on an outcropping with an archway, and stairs leading upwards.

@labyrinth

Kusanagi allows this to happen.

"I see, still useful to me. I can also project practically any treasure I saw in there, but especially the bladed weapon kind."

She noted.

"So, what now?"

She asked, seemingly to both the djinn and Lailah.

@elsewhere

Another Kusanagi spoke to Kiara telepathically.

"Would you like me along for this one too? I'd give you the djinn this time."

She asked.

@Yobo_Blue

"There is no theoretical limit at the moment."

She stated.

@lifestream

A Kusanagi sat within the depths of the lifestream, taking it into herself more and more. Her soul was strong enough that she couldn't be subsumed by it no matter what happened, so it mattered little.

She wondered what the point of all this was, and if she should tell the others about this place.

@Yobo_Blue

Kusanagi nodded, before beginning to produce more of herself, from which came parts of her body separating, regenerating and forming into new people. She didn't bother too much in their designs, so they all looked like the male version of her from before, but ultimately were different people. All of their expressions looked completely vacant.

"What to do... what to do..." various Brusels said a bit outloud, as they kept on exploring and exploring. They were getting a bit bored of it but... it was all one mind, which means if even one has fun, the rest will have fun and be concentrated in their things.

@Yobo_Blue

Atop the stairs, he sees a chamber that seemingly was an office of some kind, but is now empty. The room itself has an open box containing a gold head ornament with a wing shaped jewel in it.

There is seemingly another chamber past this room, behind a red hot metal door. Ikkath's senses can tell that this is due to an abundance of electricity in the next room, crackling through the air.

@labyrinth

"I see, that's nice. As for what now, I'm not sure, you can always try going through more, or you can try out your new djinn's powers maybe. Or we can talk a bit more, I'm not sure."

Amii says nothing, but Kusanagi gets the idea she preformed the equivalent to a shrug

@Paul_Frank (Hell)

Layla clears her throat.

"You were confused about what path to take right? I was hoping I could give you some guidance. After all you're my first pupil and all."

She seems far more relaxed now.

@Oliver_de_jesus

"Indeed, though it seems the best we can do for now is wait for you to get stronger, though I'm open to other suggestions. I in the meantime will continue trying to find a way to contact my true body... although... I fear that despite my ever increasing power I won't be able to do so on my own."

Kiara's already left, flying to the nearest dungeon she can sense: Which happens to be in Japan, right smack in the middle of Mt.Fuji.

@Yobo_Blue

Kusanagi nodded, before beginning to produce more of herself, from which came parts of her body separating, regenerating and forming into new people. She didn't bother too much in their designs, so they all looked like the male version of her from before, but ultimately were different people. All of their expressions looked completely vacant.
“Alright“

A current of electricity passes through each clone and goes through. Ikkath drains them of all their bio electricity and instead of absorbing it, he collects it into a ball with his electrical control

”Now, combined with the Ray sphere energy I have naturally, this should work as a simulated ray sphere blast to unblock your powers”

Ikkath tosses the ball at her, making sure it all washes over her to unlock powers.

The Brusels on earth keep on expanding, some of them reaching Mexico, some of them Egypt, and some of them the bottom of the ocean, where the rumored Atlantis would be.

@Yobo_Blue

The box doesn't contain much else besides the jewel mentioned earlier. The only other things within are various coins and gems.

When it's pulled off of its spot however, the doors open, and blast the location the box had been at originally, with a gout of lightning. Once that subsides, Ikkath can see that the next room was filled to the brim with treasures, and a single red man sat within it.

@ZephyrosOmega

This dungeon, unlike the last, seems to have a set of double doors as the entrance, the familiar light pouring out of the cracks in it.

@Edwellken

"Umm, right." Lailah pauses for a moment, thinking some things over

"Well, thank you for the guidance then, your pupil is greatful." She says, half jokingly

"As for the paths available, Kusanagi didn't seem to want to tell you about the plan she came up with, so I'll give you the others. One plan is just to essentially try and give humanity a gentle push in the right direction. Another was Kusanagi's unelaborated on idea. Then there was my plan with the different methods I spoke of, and then there's other options that might come about, so I'm not sure exactly what should be picked."

"Indeed, though it seems the best we can do for now is wait for you to get stronger, though I'm open to other suggestions. I in the meantime will continue trying to find a way to contact my true body... although... I fear that despite my ever increasing power I won't be able to do so on my own."
"Well losing a body is bad but eventually you will learn to live with what you have, well I am preparing my planet for now, All-Black is consuming this planet a bit to maintain his power because there is no divine blood unless I caused a war against our allies to get their blood "

@Phoenix

"Not this time. I want to take this one on my own."

@Dungeon

Kiara calmly approaches the door, and pushes it open, looking at the contents inside.

@Paul_Frank
”Yo! I took the scenic route to get here. I see you’re a fellow lightning user, so I’m sure there’s some common ground we could discuss. Do you want to talk?”

@Hl3_or_bust

The hatch opens without much effort, and the light from it transports him into the dungeon. When Llwn enters, he can see that behind some of the translucent walls is water, like behind the glass in an aquarium, only said water is empty. Or, mostly empty, in the depths of the water, far out of view of any normal person, Llwn can notice a large red serpent curled up, it's gaze locked on him, unwavering, there is one of these on the other side of him as well.

The path ahead is illuminated by torchlight, and visibly leads to a large chamber, in the middle of which is a single table with a piece of paper on it.
Immediately turning to his left, Llwn lightly taps the wall with his knuckle, as though knocking, to test it's durability.

Last edited:
@Yobo_Blue

The clones then vanish into a strange energy as this is done, as Kusanagi looks over at the event.

"Odd sensation."

Kusanagi notes as the Ray Sphere Blast impacts her, unlocking the conduit gene she was given.

@Labyrinth

"Well, I wanted to inform you of the ideological conflict I had with Layla through telepathy. In my opinion, she's manipulating people for her own selfish desire for power, and that she wants to consider herself greater than us for no reason at all besides past glory she can't even prove. I don't trust her, not for a second, and seeing the extent of harm she was willing to cause to you when she appeared, I am somewhat worried about her being a threat to not only our goals but everyone's existence as a whole. An exact example of the type of people who ruined my world for their own desires. I would personally advise against listening to her in regards to the world or allowing yourself to be treated as her lesser."

Kusanagi stated, raising her concerns to Lailah.

@ZephyrosOmega

"No problem."

@labyrinth

"Hmmm." Lailah considers Kusanagi's words, and then responds

"I suppose I can see your concerns, yes, although maybe it's possible she doesn't mean to treat people as lesser, and it's more so a defense mechanism for her. Given what she said about her last world, maybe grandstanding like that gives her a sense of security, as having power would. Now, even if this is the case, it would be bad to have someone like that in charge of too much still, I agree. I'll hear her out at least, but depending on what she says, we'll disregard it, does that sound reasonable? And when you say being treated as lesser, does being called her pupil count as that?"

@Hl3_or_bust

Llwn can tell that while the wall is translucent, it is still significantly harder than a seemingly stone wall has any right to be, although its still at a level where he could break through it if he put his mind to it.

@ZephyrosOmega

This dungeon is filled with plants, despite also being seemingly underground. A lush green grass spreads across the floor as far as Kiara can see. There are multiple doorways again, however each one has a door this time, and all three are to the north side of the room.

@Yobo_Blue

"You seem to have made it through without getting into any combat. That's something you don't see often. Very well, what do you have to say?"

@Paul_Frank
”Uh, I don’t know, I just came here because someone told me it was a good way to relieve boredom. You must be lonely here alone though. I’m curious, something tells me these sorts of encounters tend to end in combat. I’m sure we can work this out peacefull, right?”

@Paul_Frank

Llwn takes a step back from the wall before seeming to clear his throat, but when he next inhales, wisps of flame and electric sparks can be seen in his mouth. His skin appears to tighten around his body as he stares the distant serpent straight in the eye, just as it does him, his face unnaturally contorted into a wide grin. smashing a huge section of the wall in with what is essentially a clawing motion, grabbing hold of the remains and using them to rocket out towards the beast.

Last edited:
@Hl3_or_bust

The beast's mouth opens, and it inhales hard enough that no water leaks out of the hole that was made. As Llwn rockets towards it, the creature seems to blast the inhaled water forward as a high pressure jet.

@Yobo_Blue

"A good way to relieve boredom, who would ever... nevermind. I suppose it is lonely, although its my purpose to remain here, waiting for a worthy vessel to capture me, this is the reason us djinn were made. The encounter with us doesn't necessarily end in combat, by the time one such as yourself has made it this far, you've usually already proven yourselves worthy."

@Labyrinth

"The problem is, even if she doesn't mean it, she doesn't listen much either. She seemed entirely unrepentant about trying to seize control over you, only saying that you've proven useful enough for her to not try that again. And that does sound reasonable, I suppose. I feel even considering her equal to us is charitable after what she tried to do to you, so I think being called a pupil isn't entirely fair either."

Kusanagi said, clearly still bitter over the fact that Layla had the desire to take Lailah away from her entirely at one point.

"I have considered challenging her to a duel to the death over this matter."

She noted.

@Yobo_Blue

Kusanagi seems to gather her bearings and look around as the blast hits her.

It seems her conduit power was one related to some strange type of energy.

Last edited:
@Hl3_or_bust

The beast's mouth opens, and it inhales hard enough that no water leaks out of the hole that was made. As Llwn rockets towards it, the creature seems to blast the inhaled water forward as a high pressure jet.
Rather than backing down or moving to avoid the water jet, Llwn merely raises his arm and swings it down, as though to strike the jet. His control over the various kinds of forces emitted by this strike, kinetic and otherwise, grants it an unnerving sharpess and appears to cut the water as though it were a solid object, with him following down the middle of the split jet.

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, I suppose by making it here without combat, you've proven yourself capable either way, rather than in strength of body, in strength of your mind. We can duel if you wanted, since this was to alleviate boredom, or you can capture me in a metal object you may have, and take my treasures and power."

@Labyrinth

"That's a fair point as well, she wasn't very sorry over it, I can't exactly play devils advocate for that part. Anyway, I'm glad you agreed that what I proposed was reasonable. And noted."

"Duel her over what, trying to possess me before? Or everything else."

@ZephyrosOmega

Through that door was a grove with large flowers which came up to Kiara's waist, she could notice some of the plants were seemingly sentient, moving as if to face her as she walked in, and minding her.

There was a patch of plants in the center of the room that were pure white, and no others were within a good meter of them. Further past that middle patch was a tunnel leading in deeper.

@Hl3_or_bust

The jet splits predictably, and the serpent is clearly surprised by this display of power, and is stunned for a moment, not reacting currently as Llwn gets closer.

Back