• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@Edwellken

"I was keeping an eye on this world for other reasons. Anyway, I ask of you to stop thinking of anyone as lesser. I want it to be clear that you will not be the one taking power at the end of all this. I ask of you to put a stop to this hypocrisy of claiming you want to be out of someone's control when in truth it's clear that what you actually want is to be the one in control of everything else. Your constant statements of being greater than us and wishing to lead us is proof of this. You need to be better. You need to stop seeing others as mere pawns of yours and begin seeing them as people. You are acting like a dangerous hypocrite and if you follow this path then I will have no choice but to consider you a significant threat to every form of life on this world and every other. I have no wish to harm you, but I do not desire to let you become the same thing as that very being that summoned us here."

Kusanagi said, scolding the girl telepathically.

@labyrinth

Kusanagi glared somewhat at Layla upon her appearing.

@Dungeon

Kusanagi selected the vessel, an ornate sword she projected just now, and would proceed with doing as she was supposed to.

@Yobo_Blue

"What examples of those kinds of abilities are there?"

@Mexico

"Depends on what you consider notable, I suppose."

Last edited:
@labyrinth

"Well, you already know my goal, and probably the reasoning for my goal. So in the most basic sense, the plan is to remake the world, in doing so, those specific negative aspects would be expunged."

@former dungeon

In another flash of light, they are out of Alma Torran and back in the normal world again, the entire structure disappears, giving no evidence it was there besides the mountain of treasure, most of which has ended up in chests for easier transport, and the djinn inside the blade. Lailah's portal still up so they could enter the labyrinth again whenever they were ready

@Mexico

"The actual structure you can see on the earth is just a gateway to another world, the dungeons will also disappear after they have been captured, oh, and there's a man named Link, he's already captured one dungeon thus far, and is on the move going after others."

@Listentomyrhytm

"Hmm." Layla seems to contemplate things, but the thought of having access to other planets appears to please her.

"Good work. Keep exploring and tell me when you find anything interesting." She says, floating up to gently pat Brusel on his head.

@Oliver_de_jesus

Still telepathically, "In any case, I'm glad you agreed to work together with me. Is there anything you currently desire? If it's within my power, you'll have it. I'd like to assure you of how helpful I can be."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"You're wrong. You don't know who I am or what I've been through. There is no escaping someone else's control without amassing the power to contest that control. And being the one in power is being the one in control. I wouldn't care what anyone below me does I truly have no desire for such a thing beyond freedom! If you'd seen the things I've seen, you would understand! I'M. T-R-Y-I-N-G-T-O-H-E-L-P-Y-O-U."

@Labyrinth

"I see. Do you currently have the means to achieve this? If not, do you at least have an idea of what would be required?"

@Listentomyrhytm

"Hmm." Layla seems to contemplate things, but the thought of having access to other planets appears to please her.

"Good work. Keep exploring and tell me when you find anything interesting." She says, floating up to gently pat Brusel on his head.
The pat causes Brusel to give a cute smile, before nodding. "Got it." Various Brusels on the planet just spread out to explore more of the planet, still leaving a lot of Brusels however.

@Edwellken

"And you equally don't know who I am or what I've seen. I've seen people like you, who try to claim they just want to be free or whatever, but their idea of freedom involves taking and taking from everyone around them until there's nothing left to take. Their idea of safety involves everyone being subjugated and below them, obedient and unable to rebel. Like you just said, being with power to you means being in control. I intend to cut my way to freedom too, but I do not require control. Having pure power does not mean control if you do not act with it in such ways. Do you want to see what I've seen? I've seen complete and utter annihilation due to people's desire for their own personal freedom and enjoyment, them seeing all else as pointless. I've seen myriad potential futures that end the same way. You're not trying to help us, you're trying to help yourself to satisfy your own selfish desire for an imagined freedom that comes at the expense of all others!"

@Labyrinth

"From my understanding that's not really set in stone, we're looking for a good way to fix the world. There were some alternative suggestions too."

Kusanagi noted.

@former dungeon

"So how does this work exactly? Can I summon you now?"

She asked, calling out to the djinn inside the blade.

@Mexico

"About what she said. I kind of skipped a bunch of it by cutting down a sealed door, but that is not necessary to do."

She explained.

@Yobo_Blue

"Sounds interesting. Shall we begin the process then? And I seem to be in a debate about ideology now. You also wished to know more about the change, yeah? It caused the one known as Zeskiel to disappear for some time and seemed to be a prelude for something, until I used my ability to sever all to undo it, bringing him back."

She noted.

Before she warps the rest out, Kiara takes a strange staff, holding it in her hand. "Hmm... I'm gonna go ask Lailah about this."

With that in mind, she teleports herself to the ocean barrier. "Oh, Lailaaaaah~I need some help figuring this staff out!"

@labyrinth

"The answer to your question depends on the method used for that. I possess the means to do it one way, and the means to obtain the means to do it a second way. The latter would very likely work better, but be more risky for me, the former would take the most time, and has some chance of failure due to the forces that be in this world. There is another way I know of that I don't possess the means to preform myself, yet at least." Lailah explains to Layla, not elaborating on much at all

"And yes Kusanagi, right, there have been other ideas, like yours, floated around, so I suppose the exact plan isn't set in stone." She says

She then notices Kiara enter, with a divine staff as well

"Oh, you found one of those in there? What did you need help with regarding it?"

@former dungeon

My name is Amii, and I am now your djinn I suppose. To use my power, one would normally need some magoi, although I'll help you with that using my own. In any case, you can utilize me one of two ways, either focus my power in the weapon, transforming the blade using my power, or focus it around your body, transforming yourself by allowing me to inhabit you, granting you great power.

Her messages have a pause, as if she's thinking over something Kusansgi asked

I guess you could just summon me too. I don't know if many people do that with us djinn, but it's hypothetically possible, yes.

"well... how do I use it? it's not really 'clicking', yknow? Like, I get the steps of using it, but I think I'm missing some key component to it."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"....." Layla doesn't respond. She seems unable to come up with a response, to much visible discomfort, so she focuses instead on the conversation with Lailah.

@Labyrinth

"Well- tell me what the options are, specifically. If you're indecisive I'm sure I can help you set things straight." She says while shifting into a 'relaxing-on-her-stomach' position in mid air.

@Labyrinth

The other Kusanagi then returns, holding a sword with the djinn and one taken from the loot herself.

"What do these actually do?"

She asks out loud, ignoring Layla for now.

She then speaks to the djinn mentally.

"Is there some way to get one's hands on what you describe? And could you explain your power to me in detail?"

@Mexico

"I didn't actually reach the end so much as find the djinn and get them to fight me for it instead, which I'm told isn't supposed to actually happen, but it did seem as the most direct path in this particular one. Can't say if it'll be like that for others."

@Yobo_Blue

Kusanagi does so, but not before carefully examining them to make sure everything is fine.

@mexico

"I'm sure they're not all going to be that simple to break, by virtue of being set up different, who knows though."

@labyrinth

"Well the first method I mentioned involves merely painting over this world with another so to speak. The second method is to enter the sacred palace, and utilize its power to either change and remake this world, or make another world and ignore this one. The third method I mentioned, which I said I can't do yet, is like the first, only easier to pull off, it would involve the deployment of a large scale reality marble, and some other stuff." Lailah says

"I know it's a bit vague but there's a lot that can be said about each, so it'd probably be best to not rattle on super long explanations about all three, and just answer questions you might have, if any."

"Now, other than that, Kusanagi brought up her own idea when Llwn took issue with mine. I feel she'd be best to explain it, it would be able to be used the fastest out of all the options I've considered, as I still have to finalize the kinks and specifics of all mine. Other options were given as well, besides Kusanagi's although I personally doubt their efficacy."

"Oh, but I'd like to hear ideas from you as well."

After Lailah finishes her very much not vague and foreboding explanations, she turns to the new Kusanagi

"Do you mean the sword with the djinn, or the other one?"

Another Lailah is made to converse with Kiara at the same time, in a separate part so as not to distract her with everything else going on.

"I see, hmm, well it seems you can't exactly control magoi huh, I can help you out with that if you need."

It's then that the Lailah talking to Layla remembers what she currently looks like, and freezes up completely.

I was told to stay in this form so I forgot to change before inviting Ms. Layla aaaaaaa

"Uhh, hmm, well before I try the black rukh route, let me try this." The Lailah walks up behind Kiara, adjusting her hold on the staff before placing a hand on her back

She then releases her own pure magoi into and around Kiara

"This is sort of like other energy sources like ki, which everyone should have, but not everyone can use, its produced by the soul and stuff. Anyway, focus on the staff, and try to condense it within said staff, like so."

Lailah demonstrates, hoping that would make it a bit easier

agreed to work together with me. Is there anything you currently desire? If it's within my power, you'll have it. I'd like to assure you of how helpful I can be
"Just knowing exactly what I'm facing, since you said that there are entities superior to you" he said telepathically

Kiara shudders a bit, but does as Lailah asks. She holds the divine staff with both hands, focusing on the Magoi in the air as it begins to condense down into the staff.

@Labyrinth

She stares a bit at Layla.

"I do not know if it's best for me to explain things to her at all at the moment. There's likely more plans I could come up with too, I can say them if you insist."

She noted.

The other Kusanagi followed and watched what was being done with Kiara.

"Both, really. But the djinn explained herself to me, so mostly the treasure."

That one said.

@Mexico

"Well, I don't think it would've quite been simple if it hadn't been me, but that is fair enough."

@Yobo_Blue

Kusanagi's body seems to shift to some extent, as if better integrating the gene into herself or such, making it fully hers.

"Electricity? I can provide with you as much of that as you need."

She stated, releasing electricity via the Force to demonstrate this point.

@labyrinth

"Well, if you don't want to tell Ms. Layla for whatever reason, I won't force you to."

The Lailah with Kiara frowns as nothing happened

"Hmm, here let me try this, just uhh, don't fight against this, it'll work out fine."

Lailah, with her stand still on Kiara's back, uses a curse to begin blackening her rukh

"If you let this spread, it will give you the power to use all of that stuff."

While she's doing this, she turns back to Kusanagi

"Let me see whatever treasure you're asking about."

The djinn decides to respond to the earlier question now.

Yes, have that demon do whatever she's doing to the other girl to you. As for my powers, I use strength magic, which messes with the very laws of physics to enact effects, including manipulation of vectors and force for instance.

"I see. I'll be going, then."

Llwn responds before exiting the barrier along the way he came, and heading towards the nearest source of energy he can vaguely identify as similar to the other dungeon.

Kiara grimaces a bit as it spreads through her body. "Well, it doesn't feel that different from the black mana I've already got saved up.."

@beach

"Well, you could join the others in clearing dungeons I suppose Mr. Ikkath. A man named Link is going through some, and Kiara and Kusanagi have gone through one as well, and I believe Mr. Llwn will try doing so as well."

@ZephyrosOmega

"I suppose that's one way to think about it. Anyway, among other things, this grants you powers similar to mine regarding magoi and rukh, you can utilize an unlimited amount of either due to being able to use that which is located in the environment for instance."

@Hl3_or_bust

After a not so long travel time, Llwn can notice a large spire emerging from the inside of a lake. He can see a golden light shining from a hatch under the water near said spire.

@Yobo_Blue

Lailah makes a map of the world, and draws several Xs on it

"Here's the map I gave Mr. Link, this shows the location of some dungeons, if you want to use them to stave off boredom."

@Yobo_Blue

Lailah makes a map of the world, and draws several Xs on it

"Here's the map I gave Mr. Link, this shows the location of some dungeons, if you want to use them to stave off boredom."
“Cool, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. If there’s anything I can do for you let me know.”

Ikkath flies over to Sudan

Upon arrival, whenever he manages to arrive, Ikkath would notice a not very hidden tower in the Nubian Desert, where the X was on the map, some animals had apparently thought of entering, as evident by the foot prints around it, although a good number had turned back and went home it seems

Upon arrival, whenever he manages to arrive, Ikkath would notice a not very hidden tower in the Nubian Desert, where the X was on the map, some animals had apparently thought of entering, as evident by the foot prints around it, although a good number had turned back and went home it seems
Ikkath goes inside to take a look

@Paul_Frank

It seems Link has cleared another dungeon.

@Labyrinth

Layla looks rather unamused at the three's interaction. Not necessarily scornful by any means, but rather overtly displeased.

"Ahem. Lailah, perhaps I could discuss things with another you, elsewhere. In private. After all I wouldn't want to get in the way of well, whatever this is."

"Just knowing exactly what I'm facing, since you said that there are entities superior to you" he said telepathically

(Telepathically)

"In truth... I was in a situation very similar to your own not long ago... uncannily similar in fact. Not all of us got along... and well- while 'superior' is rather strong word, the truth is our powers were close enough that neither faction would be able to be rid of the other without extreme losses on both sides... Our little game eventually ended obviously. We all stopped getting stronger- outside of through our own means in any case, but we never got answers..."

It almost looks like she starts shivering.

"I was never able to shake the feeling that I was constantly being watched. Judged. I was never safe. I could never be safe, and be myself at the same time... that's why I looked for an escape by any means possible... and so in my desperation I ended up here."

She sighs, collecting herself.

"Of course it's most likely impossible for others from my past to make it here as well. I couldn't do so through my own power, in fact I threw hexes out randomly hoping one would stick somewhere I couldn't even see in hopes of later calling out to my true body. I only ended up here when the entity who summoned the rest of you dragged me in. We have time to prepare." Layla smiles.

Various Brusels on space would keep on spreading and spreading across the remaining star systems, nearing by teleporting onto each planet. Meanwhile other Brusels on earth would freely roam around, disguising themselves a bit as to not call too much attention from people, all in their base forms.

Last edited:
@labyrinth

The Lailah that was talking to Layla snaps out of her shock, nods, and walks up to her and grabs her hand.

"I'll be back guys, although there's still others here anyway."

She then pulls the two of them into Hell

The Lailah that was helping Kiara glances over the staff

"It seems this staff is for strength magic as well, an interesting find for a first dungeon."

"Other things this short ritual have done, besides the magoi stuff, is cause your nature to go against fate, this allows you to influence it to an extent, and create reversed flows of fate at times. In addition, now that the staff has opened your third eye, you should be able to see the dimension rukh exists in."

@Hell

"Okay so where were we again?"

@Yobo_Blue

The light that served as an entrance pulls him to another world, the inside of this dungeon seemed like a cave, and was dark, with several stalactites hanging down. There was a single path forward, there are several obvious pitfalls in the floor, and in the distance ahead, Ikkath could tell there was a larger chamber.

Another Lailah elsewhere marks a talley next to Link's name on a list noting who has cleared dungeons and how many each.

Ikkath notices a strong presence watching over the dungeon, although he can tell its not hostile, as he walks further in the open chamber he sees it seems to lead to a tunnel, which leads to a dead end, although his senses tell him there are still things past the wall in front of him.

Additionally he notices several large scorpion like creatures in the chamber with him, although none seem to have noticed him, or if they did, they aren't hostile.

He'd also notice that some of the pits he's passed seem to connect to some sort of burrow system underground, which might light forward past this dead end, although the burrow also seems to contain more of these scorpions, along with other beings

"Dimension, huh..."

A third eye opens up on Kiara's forehead.

"...Holy shit. I can see EVERYTHING!"

She's grinning, then turns around and kisses Lailah again. "Thanks, Hun~ Now, I'm off to go clear another dungeon!"

Last edited:
Back