• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@Labyrinth

"I see. Are you going to do something in regards to them?"

@beach

"That feels like a slightly unoriginal name."

Kusanagi noted out loud.

"And do you just... ask people that outright?"

@Dungeon

"North.. I can just cut down the door to the end you know. I'm going to do that actually."

Kusanagi walked up to the Northern door and casually swung her sword, which severed many things and cut through everything without any chance of defense, to split the door open.

@Beach.

"..." Drake looked at the brusels and then layla.

"By gorr the god butcher, are you kidding?"He said in a low voice

"Do me an old favor, if something doesn't kill me, you Kill me, are you clear?" the demon think in his mind

"Can I have your body?" The proto-Symbiote asked his host

"Yes but don't do bad things to him either" Drake replied to the Necrosword

"Become yours...? In what way?" The Brusels ask, now the other two turning around. Their attention focused.
"Become my subordinate. Come work for me!"

@beach

"That feels like a slightly unoriginal name."

Kusanagi noted out loud.

"And do you just... ask people that outright?"
"Oh right, you really are everywhere aren't you? This isn't what I meant when I said we'd see each other soon, but I guess I was still right."

"Nothing, it's just that people don't use a name like that for a planet normally unless it's historical or has a sinified" said the Demon
"Bleh, your planets might, but from where I come from... people have named planets over their rulers, or whoever. Even for the type of plant/food grown in there." Brusel says.

"Bleh, your planets might, but from where I come from... people have named planets over their rulers, or whoever. Even for the type of plant/food grown in there." Brusel says
"Unless, they are original and either way, I wonder why she wants you as one of her men" said the demon.

something he didn't like about that girl

"Layla is a perfectly normal name for a planet, hush."

"Anyway, if you work under me you would be under my protection and be granted powers unimaginable! If there's anything you desire as compensation I will grant it if it's within my power. Many people would die for the chance to serve under me when I was in my true body! The offer extends to you as well (Drake)."

@labyrinth

"I gave him directions, that's about it, I'm not sure what else to do with him."

@beach

"That's certainly one way to get subordinates, just asking them bluntly. And I see we don't get that offer, I'm heartbroken." Lailah says, jokingly

@dungeon

The door breaks, predictably, showing a dead end, and a sign that says cheating is wrong

At this point, the floor also breaks besides the parts they stood on, and they can see that at the bottom of very long fall that opened beneath them, there are several sleeping dragons, along with a visibly more powerful woman, who was seemingly annoyed

"You guys couldn't just go through it normally? I set up this fun game for people, and offer myself and my power as a reward, along with my riches, and you people just have to be clever. Come down here, both of you."

Kiara winces a bit. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that..."

She turns her head towards Kusanagi as she approaches the woman, giving her a look that's a mix of apolagetic and frustrated.

@Edwellken

"Mmm Let's see, let me discuss it with my partner" Drake said to Layla.

" It's more than obvious that hide something Said All-Black to Drake

"I know but I have a plan" He said in his mind to the necrosword

"ok but you will sign this contract" Drake said to Layla

Last edited:
"Anyway, if you work under me you would be under my protection and be granted powers unimaginable! If there's anything you desire as compensation I will grant it if it's within my power. Many people would die for the chance to serve under me when I was in my true body! The offer extends to you as well (Drake)."
"Hm... I'd say, you are rather attractive. So... if it is anything I desire. Maybe you as a partner?" Brusel says, teasing a bit.

@Labyrinth

"I see. This dungeon place feels odd. There was a door and I cut it down, somehow this was an issue to them."

Kusanagi noted.

@Beach

"You know you did see me here last time we were here. Anyway, what are you planning?"

She asked, staring straight through Layla.

@Dungeon

Kusanagi's sword flashes with an extremely powerful distortion of reality at the moment, as her aura fills the room.

"Cheat? I was told I didn't have to hold back anything here, so I just went the most direct path. It was either that or leaving this place irreparably razed. Are you an enemy I'm meant to destroy for this test then?"

She said, raising her sword as if ready to release a massive slash.

@labyrinth

"Haha, don't worry if they complain about it, if it works it works."

@dungeon

She looks incredulously toward Kusanagi, and raises a finger.

"That wasn't originally the goal, but you know what, yes, I'll join the fight against you two for this trial, your companion there has some courtesy though, so she has the choice of either joining in against me, or just fighting the dragons here."

Kiara looks around, shrugging. "Always wanted to take on a Dragon. I never got the chance to spar against the one I knew from before I was summoned here." She smiles at Kusanagi. "Think you can take her, love~?" She asks, with a hint of sarcasm in her tone. "Try not to beat her too badly..."

@Listentomyrhytm

"I... A- that's... I... I mean..! Ahem. You're a funny one haha- we can discuss your real compensation elsewhere if you prefer." she said, gathering herself.
"I can bring more of myself if needed... but I suppose we can discuss it elsewhere, yes." Brusel says, before gathering four more of himself, all teleporting behind him. "So... where exactly?"

Anyway sure, what's this contract about?" She asks.
"contingencies like you can't force me to kill people, I can skip some of your questions if I want to, you can't steal my soul, no brainwashing, especially don't try to use dark magic on me and give me days to relax" :v

@Listentomyrhytm

Layla creates a clone which inserts herself between the Brusels.

"Planet Layla?" She says with an "innocent" smile.

@Oliver_de_jesus

"Hmmm. Does going to war count as forcing? I can't exactly have you walking out on me in such occasions. I also wouldn't do anything nefarious to you if you were one of my own. And besides, if I could directly control any of you other summoned we wouldn't be having this conversation."

She signs the contract, barely giving it any attention.

@Labyrinth

"Now the djinn? I think that's who they are at least. Wants to fight me, however if I fight without holding back, that would be invariably lethal."

@beach

"I figured, but why do you need more people for that anyway? Shouldn't you be consulting Lailah first, seeing as she's your benefactor and all and the reason you can even exist? Who would you be going to war against anyway?"

Kusanagi inquired to Layla.

@Dungeon

"Well, I can do that, but I have to warn you that victory for me ends only one way for you, and that's death so complete that nothing in existence can ever bring you back."

Kusanagi warned the enemy.

Layla creates a clone which inserts herself between the Brusels.

"Planet Layla?" She says with an "innocent" smile.
"Sure... just prepare yourself." The Brusels simply hold one of their arms forward, as they and Layla get teleported to Planet Layla... the first one, which is inhabited by multiple Brusels.

@Dungeon

"Well, I can do that, but I have to warn you that victory for me ends only one way for you, and that's death so complete that nothing in existence can ever bring you back."

Kusanagi warned the enemy.
Kiara frowned, giving Kusanagi a hug from behind, wrapping her arms around her newfound lover's waist. "Hey... I know what Lailah said about not needing to hold back, but you're so tense... You need to take a breath and relax a bit. This doesn't have to be solved with death, you know."

@labyrinth

"Oh, I didn't expect that to happen. Umm, well if you fight her without holding back and do manage to kill her, we will likely lose out on capturing her, although there are other dungeons still, so its up to you."

@dungeon

"You act like I haven't been in fights that threaten that before missy. If those are the terms for you, I'm fine with them, although your girlfriend up there seems to be trying to convince you not to kill me, and that's fine too."

The dragons besides her seemingly wake up with a yawn, shaking the entire structure in the process.

@beach

Lailah watches these exchanges with curiosity, scanning all those involved that she could, but mostly focusing on the words said

@Labyrinth

"The damage I deal tends to be more existential than just normal damage, but I see. No holding back then."

She noted, and sent one of her present selves through the portal.

"Is there anything else of note happening in regards to those?"

The one that remained ask Lailah there.

@Yobo_Blue

"Huh. Would that have any particular consequences of some kind? And so you did have something to offer after all."

@beach

Kusanagi tasted the burgers, though her reaction seems rather muted to those as well.

"Tastes different."
“I’m not sure, might make you ugly, but you seen to think you’re ugly already, so I doubt you care.”

@Labyrinth

"How disappointing. Fine, I will hold back then if I must. What power do those djinn things give anyway?"

She inquired, looking neutral still.

@Dungeon

Kusanagi lowered her sword, which seemed to split the air as it did, and cut the very structure in half.

"Fine, fine. I'll use a different sword, a less lethal one, I suppose."

She said, manifesting one of the swords Lailah cursed to cause sleep on the victim.

"Try not to make this boring, will you?"

She then said to the djinn.

@Yobo_Blue

"I can look however I want, and this isn't my true form anyway, so that is of little concern. How would you go about doing it exactly?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix
“Well, it would require some gene splicing. I think I should be able to do that, not sure, which is why I didn‘t mention it before. These powers are new, so it may not work, although if you have some way of aiding I think it would go entirely smoothly.”

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"I'm eternally grateful to Lailah, but this doesn't exactly concern her I think. My plan is as it always was, to gather as many allies as possible. That includes the two of you if you haven't forgotten. Also the war thing was purely hypothetical, relax."

@Oliver_de_jesus

"Oh, do I seem like the type to war over something silly? You've nothing to worry about."

@Listentomyrhytm

"Great- oh wow there's a lot of you... ahem so, what are your terms then?"

@Listentomyrhytm

"Great- oh wow there's a lot of you... ahem so, what are your terms then?"
"My terms are... how far are you willing to go to have my help? After all, I kinda got my things, so if I barely get anything... not gonna spend much time on it. How many offers you got aside from simple powers." The Brusels state, their voices echoing through the planet. "You can go with my recommendationn if you want, or you can go anywhere. Just try to show how much."

@labyrinth

"As I said, you technically don't need to hold back. In any case, if you clear it and she's still alive, you can 'capture' her in any metal object. This will allow you to summon her and use her power with what is called a djinn equip. You can do this with multiple djinn, and with enough metal vessels and my own power, there is a certain place we can reach, although that might be for later down the line."

@beach

"I wonder what Ms. Layla needs all those allies for." Lailah wonders aloud

@dungeon

The djinn rolls her eyes

"I'll try my best."

As she says this, she raises her other hand, and creates a massive blast for pure force forwards, the structure tearing apart even more on its path to Kusanagi

The dragons that had woken up start breathing, multiple different elements coming from different dragons towards Kiara, as they close in on her.

"Wait you were- SERIOUS?" Layla says, her cheeks begin to flush lightly.

"I... well that's... not exactly something I can't do- but I can't... I can't promise you anything, well... what I mean is- you wouldn't exactly be the only one, or well, ones to have such a um... relationship with me. There are others in my previous world who- AH I'M SAYING TOO MUCH! WHAT I MEAN TO SAY IS- I'm technically taken, but they wouldn't mind me doing something like this! So, if that's all you want then it's the simplest solution... but if that doesn't work then-" she clears her throat.

"I can offer you greater power. And immortality. And that goes to an extent beyond anything in this world once my true self gets here. If that doesn't suit you you'd have to be more specific in your request."

Wait you were- SERIOUS?" Layla says, her cheeks begin to flush lightly.

"I... well that's... not exactly something I can't do- but I can't... I can't promise you anything, well... what I mean is- you wouldn't exactly be the only one, or well, ones to have such a um... relationship with me. There are others in my previous world who- AH I'M SAYING TOO MUCH! WHAT I MEAN TO SAY IS- I'm technically taken, but they wouldn't mind me doing something like this! So, if that's all you want then it's the simplest solution... but if that doesn't work then-" she clears her throat.

"I can offer you greater power. And immortality. And that goes to an extent beyond anything in this world once my true self gets here. If that doesn't suit you you'd have to be more specific in your request."
"Half serious to be specific, but yes. Hm... I never explored romance, but if you want to accept that recommendation, I am willing to. However, I will still need a bit of ya greater power, not a lot but just... a bit." The Brusels smile, surrounding her a bit.

"Pitiful... Very well, I'll play your game."

She manifests Tonbokiri, leaping above the spiral of elements and coming down like a Dragoon, aiming her spear into the back of one of the dragons.

@Labyrinth

"I'll try to put her into a sword most likely then, as that's the metal I have easiest access to. I suppose we'll see now how difficult it is for me to fight non-lethally."

She noted.

"By the way, was there anything else you wanted me to do at the beach still?"

@Dungeon

Kusanagi just shrugs, and teleports behind the woman, manifesting her relic.

"Don't let this hit you."

She noted, as she swung that with one arm as a distraction, and with the other was the sword, with the sleep effect and others, performing Draw Slash on her, while Slow was cast to make escape far more difficult, along with space being twisted around her by the blade.

@Beach

"Only war I see us fighting together is against that being most likely, I do not see much purpose in other things right now. And isn't it more that we're gathering allies rather than you are? Expecting to lead such efforts isn't necessarily something you should be doing."

Kusanagi explained.

@Yobo_Blue

"I do, I can manipulate my own biology quite well. That aside, did you feel that alteration in causality that happened earlier. I cut the change, because it seemed to cause one of us to disappear, but it might be important."

@Elsewhere

Kusanagi is siphoning the Lifestream and studying it, learning what can be learned from it.

@The_Divine_Phoenix
”Really? I didn’t notice. We can discuss it while I use these materials to make a machine to help us with the splicing endeavor, hopefully you can help, it would give us something to discuss.”

"Half serious to be specific, but yes. Hm... I never explored romance, but if you want to accept that recommendation, I am willing to. However, I will still need a bit of ya greater power, not a lot but just... a bit." The Brusels smile, surrounding her a bit.
"A."

The Brusels on Layla (the planet) feel themselves gradually become stronger, (at least the ones not already at the cap if any). They also gain the ability to use dark magic and feel the knowledge of Ninjutsu (etc) [from Naruto] flowing into them.

"Um, are any of you by chance the well- real you?"

Back