• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

"You're so untrusting Mr. I've only sworn one person to secrecy, and it wasn't in regards to my goals necessarily, but just information about my capabilities I believe." She says

"Well, what if said differences weren't harmful to people, say, being a different type of being than others, and being cast aside despite helping with major things. Or your appearance being considered monstrous to some, or your past having been stained in violence, despite your present self not being like that. There are numerous other examples I could give, but things like these witches have more of a case for being excluded than a lot of others, as with sufficient power, they cause harm. Although even this isn't their fault, and there may be ways around it."

"The situation is certainly not the same as with the hare and hawk however. Such an example might apply for the witches and humans, but would you say such examples apply to some poor girls who happened to have some sort of demon as a father, when they'd done nothing wrong besides being born? Would you say it applies to those amongst humanity subjected to untold cruelty due to social class, ideological differences, etcetera? Would you blame the spurned for existing, defending those who hate them and reject them instead?"

As he approaches the central part of the barrier where Lailah was before, it only consistently gets darker, until he reaches the door leading to the witch room, the surroundings and the door itself pitch black, only to be illuminated by the light inside when the doors swing open, showing the 24 thousand witches, and Lailah.

"And I'd beg to differ, I am certainly working toward such a goal with these things."

@Beach

after 10 minutes Drake made 25 burgers, this was due to the use of clones.

"The food is ready" he said as he let the smell of the burgers do its job.

@Beach

"I kind of stopped needing to eat a long time ago, so I just haven't. I can eat still though."

She noted.

@Labyrinth

The dark energies intensify, and Kiara feels the foreign force begin to take shape within her, along with some of the cells being implanted too.

"As I said, this power is one filled with negativity by its very nature, I possess ones less like this, however this is the only one that can be shared like I am doing now."

She answered.

"Your own companions would beg to differ, but that is besides the point."

"You would have a point, were anything you said the case. These beings not only consume humans to survive at all, but alter their minds just by being vaguely near them, And this isn't even mentioning the fact that exactly what you are doing here is exclusion, not because of some prejudice, but because peaceful co-existence is simply not an option by the design of their being."

"Of course I would not, but you're ignoring the greater variety of minds at play here. Some people are simply evil, others are led astray, but people do not simply do things without some reason, even if such reasons only make sense to them. And besides, if anything, what your plan appears to be, forcing these changes onto everyone, would more validate their beliefs than disprove them, given how most of them tend to be somewhat paranoid. Your plan hinges on the belief that the people you dislike were always aware that they are wrong but continue anyways, something that is simply false."

@Hl3_or_bust

"You appear to misunderstand something, I'm not doing this for these witches here, I agree that they are a harm due to their mindless nature, although I suppose that could be fixed, no, I talk of other beings besides them, as of now, they're just a power source to pull this off, as even if I choose one of the other methods, I will need their energy most likely."

"People do at times do things without reason, but even assuming they don't, the greater variety of minds isn't really an issue. I'm not removing the capacity for thought, I'm not manipulating the minds of man to think a certain way only, there would still be a wide variety of minds, for if there weren't, humanity would stagnate. My plan wouldn't validate the beliefs of humanity as they likely wouldn't even notice when it happens. I will clarify another thing, this isn't a plan I came up with because of a dislike of those from my past, if it was, the plan would just be to raze the world rather than change it."

"Now, to elaborate on a few things, yes, this change would be forced on everyone, it would be a change for the better though, this is objectively true, humanity would be better off without casting aside and ostracizing those who differ from them, or holding senseless hatred, etc. Take a look at places with things like a caste system, where they deem those too far below them untouchables, imagine if something like that didn't happen. The capacity for growth for humanity would increase would it not? Especially considering people don't reach the status of untouchable by their own merits, but by being born." Lailah says, giving an example

@Labyrinth

"So now we all have some level of that power, nice."

"That doesn't suddenly negate their danger. A spear is not suddenly no threat because it is not being held. And..."

Llwn seems to be stuck on a particular thought in responding to the later parts of Lailah's reply, eventually coming to with a distinct look of disgust on his face.

"So not only you claim that you are not controlling people's minds and then, almost immediately afterwards, openly admit to doing exactly that, but then you have the audacity to claim you somehow know what is best for humanity! I make no such claim myself, but it is very clear that you have no actual interest in helping humanity, only an idealized version without any of parts that make it really humanity. While I've only seen this recently, it is clear to me that humanity has far more to it than I ever could've realized. It, uniquely, holds the type of virtue that can only arise from circumstances where there is not only the option to turn to evil, but often an incentive to do so. Removing the ability to make that choice removes something deeply fundamental from humanity, it changes and warps them in ways you couldn't possibly anticipate."

@Beach

"Don't know, I have no opinion towards doing so."

@Labyrinth

And so, the ritual concludes with a release of dark side energy.

"It is done."

@Barrier

A Kusanagi exits from the shadows, seemingly having been observing this.

"Removing an aspect does not make it no longer humanity. I do not believe the intention here is to steer their course for eternity in absolute control, rather to have them lose part of themselves. Humanity leads itself to inexorable ruin, this is something that has proven itself many times and something I have witnessed with my own two eyes. That said, this loss is not the best way of solving things necessarily, it is still a significant change to the course of mankind. If there were other, less severe ways to end this eventually, I would accept them without hesitation. However, I am yet to find any such course."

She stated.

"However, in regards to free will. I do not believe anyone, neither us nor humans, can ever be free with that being from above sending threats down one by one. This plan of recreating the world, it is likely necessary to some extent regardless, due to the damage caused to this place by everything that has happened. What changes are made in its wake, that is something that can yet be decided."

She paused for some time.

"So I ask, find a better way. I will aid any in such a task, should the way be one that can last."

Llwn turns to Kusanagi, looking rather concerning.

"Kusanagi... as tragic as your experiences may have been, they aren't indicative of humanity across every world, and they simply cannot be. There's too much variation and possibility there for any one experience to indicate anything for anyone else. While I am certain your dismissal comes from a place of genuine emotion, you have effectively ruined your own ability to ever change, as anything that might go against your view will just be seen as a diversion.

"And besides, whatever higher being that has brought us here has not directly manipulated anyone, and you know that. Pushed people in specific directions? Certainly, but the only instance of that being directly done against another individual was Izanagi, who is such a special case that one might infer that this being is actually trying to help humanity, given Izanagi's actions."

"If you want a better solution, I can give you one: simply show others a better way to run their world. Certainly, some will deny it, some might even do so far longer than is reasonable or logical, but that doesn't somehow drag down everyone else or the way itself. People do not naturally take falsehoods as above the truth, and even if many do not take to it, the results should show for themselves."

"The witches won't exist for long, their danger to humanity is minimal as they are trapped here, in a humanless wasteland."

"I'm not controlling their minds no, you seem to have misunderstood. I'm not going to control humanity and make them act as I see fit, I will remove those things I spoke of, and humans can do as they will, much like they already do. From their perspective, there would be no change at all, and the world would continue on a better course."

Lailah takes a deep breath to calm herself, and continues

"Yes, I do claim to know this is better for humanity, I know their past and can foretell their future, their course now will lead to their self destruction one way or another, this is unavoidable. If you claim recreating the world without those aspects is bad, would you rather them fizzle out and ruin themselves? Would you rather I change the flow of fate and actually rewrite their minds? Should I cut it out of the collective unconscious perhaps? No, all of the other solutions I can think of are worse by your own metrics, so we're left with two options, let humanity fizzle out while hoping and praying they change on their own, or find some other option. I've already prepared myself for this path, it is perhaps one of the least intrusive options I've discovered that would work permanently."

"If I believed there was another path, I would have taken it, the solutions that have been offered as opposed to one as extreme as this were temporary at best, and downright naive at worst."

"You wish to just give then a gentle nudge in the right direction? A 'hey don't do it like that, that's not right'? Do you know how often that's happened in history for these problems to still exist? The past, present and future have all had people do that, do you truly think it would work this time?"

"What exactly is the difference between altering how they act and altering how they act?"

Llwn responds to the initial comment, obviously rather angry.

"And who are you to say that their destruction is somehow pre-destined? They have a few billion years before this world does inevitably become uninhabitable, If you believe they will somehow entirely die out before making use of this and spreading beyond, your are drastically and systematically underestimating them, something not exactly unexpected with how you've spread your curses about like clouds."

"Do you think I am not somehow aware that it has been done before, and exactly why it has failed? All of the times this has occurred, it has been done by humans with ulterior motives, whether that be financial gain, religious conversion, or simple domination. None of these things have any appeal or are any incentive to beings like us.

"... but I'm not exactly expecting you to listen. You've clearly set yourself on this path and take everything that might go against it as somehow further proof that you are right, that everything really is that bad, when the reality says otherwise."

"It is through sight into the future that I say these things. Humanity walks a collision course with ruin. Though I admit, my view may not be entirely accurate given the chaotic factors of this world."

She explained

"Not directly, perhaps, but they did bring calamitous beings into this world of its own will. What freedom would they have if at any point a god may appear and decide to change or crush them. To them, we are that. It doesn't solve anything, no matter what we do, if one like Neron can show up again and undo people's work."

She continued.

"However, A suggestion just came to mind of my own. It is perhaps somewhat forceful, though it should not require altering their wills. Make everyone different. Make it so that every human is by their nature a fundamentally different kind of being to the next, not in mind, but in form and inherent nature. Make it so that this hatred is no longer possible in any way, as everyone is subject to it. A way to force them to change, without forcefully changing their minds. Think of it as a wave of mutations, perhaps. This is something that I should be able to achieve by myself, actually."

Kusanagi suggested, as if having some kind of sudden idea.

"And I am expecting you to listen, both of you in fact. There is a problem that needs solving before we can even conceive of trying to fix the world like that. For now, I feel we should just try to protect them. I'm not about to let lives be lost due to not seeing the bigger picture."

Last edited:
The Brusels have been spacing out for quite a while, coming back to their senses.

The two non-glass Brusel simply grab a burger with their Green Lantern rings.

"Would you say that they're being controlled as of now because they have things that are impossible for them?"

"Who am I to say their destruction is predestined huh? I'm someone who has seen the truth for numerous other worlds including those without people like us to interfere even, and how they've ended up. Even if humanity gets off this rock in time, do you truly think that would fix things? Lets say they colonized Mars. Why wouldn't Martians and Earthlings discriminate against eachother after they've bred into separate species at that point? Unless you believe everything would be peachy between them."

"And are you sure that's true for all people who have tried this? You'd claim that all in the past, present and future who have tried this have done so for personal gain, for their own reasons, and not because they thought it was right, but believe it would work still? Those seem mutually exclusive, having such a low idea of humanity, so as to think all who will ever try this dont do this for any good reasons, but simultaneously believing it will work because humans are good enough."

"And no, Mr Llwn. I've not locked out all other options, despite preparing myself and setting myself down this path for a solution, I have expressed willingness to listen to solutions that would work. Even when I've specifically said a solution wouldn't work, like that priestess' idea, I said I wouldn't stop them from trying. But, you may believe whatever you want, I care not."

Lailah responds, thinking and taking in what Kusanagi said

"I'm aware of the issue the being in charge of this world poses, I had still been trying to come up with ways to avoid them disrupting it, and while there are some ways, you might be right in that it's not entirely possible yet. As for your idea however, it's certainly... something. I'll need a bit to fully think about how I feel about it. It could work, and I can't exactly say it's too extreme given my own idea."

Last edited:
@Oliver_de_jesus

"I don't feel like eating if she isn't."

Sophia replies.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"By the way Kusanagi, the forest is coming out great !"

She tell her happily.

@World

Religion spreading spreading, slowly slowly.

Meanwhile at the world governament, plans to make racism conceptually illegal are moving fowards, though it will take a long while since the idea of placing metaphysical laws unto mankind is a constroversial matter.

Last edited:
@Oliver

"Finally, someone with some respect! Yes, I very much would, thank you."

She floated over, taking one and biting into it. "Holy shit... Not bad at all."

@World

Sophia's religion-spreading begins to meet heavy opposition in America. For whatever reason, some of the people there are just really set on this other god.

Kiara then arrives at the location of the world government, likely scaring the shit out of everyone in the room.

"Haha, hey buddies! How are ya doing? Just here to check up on you, see how it's going, make sure none of you try to go to war against me, all that nice stuff. What's up?"

@Mexico

"Hey uh, I couldn't really help but notice that someone, most likely Sophia from prior experience, is trying to establish existential laws upon the world in regards to this very thing we are discussing right now. What do you two make of that anyway? I got her to stop with the mental interference thing she was inadvertently doing, but I was not quite aware of what she was actually trying here."

Kusanagi pointed out to them after having said what she said.

@Beach

"I'll give one a try, I suppose."

Kusanagi said, trying one, her expression remained neutral.

@Labyrinth

"I am not sure, it seems many things are happening at once right now."

"Yes, I noticed that as well, Kusanagi. In fact, I'm heading over to the world government to have a little chat with her right now."

@Mexico

"Hey uh, I couldn't really help but notice that someone, most likely Sophia from prior experience, is trying to establish existential laws upon the world in regards to this very thing we are discussing right now. What do you two make of that anyway? I got her to stop with the mental interference thing she was inadvertently doing, but I was not quite aware of what she was actually trying here."

Kusanagi pointed out to them after having said what she said.
"Ugh."

Llwn rubs his face with his hands, exasperated.

"This feels like it's going to be a persistent issue. Either way, that seems quite bad."

@Mexico

Lailah shrugs

"She didn't make it seem like that was in her plans, she made it seem more based on hoping people listened to the teachings of that god of hers rather than doing that."

@Beach

Lailah tries one as well, not wanting to miss out

@labyrinth

"Oh you are? Well, tell us how that goes then."

@Mexico

"What were her plans anyway? I'm not quite sure what to make of this exactly."

She noted.

@Beach

"It's been a long time since I've tasted anything, I don't think I have the judgement to say what's good or not."

She said, noting why she didn't comment on it before.

@Edwellken

A Kusanagi appears near Layla

"What are you doing all the way out here?"

@Beach

"No problem"

Drake was kind of glad that most of them ate his burgers.

"Enjoy it while you can, I'm sure after this they will be so busy that they will forget the other's name" said the necrosword in the mind of the Drake, who knew it was true.

@Mexico

"Well I'm not sure. She was spreading her religion, decided to stop anyone from walking into barriers, and make a deal with me. Then when she asked why I needed the souls and such that she offered, and I explained my goals, she decided she also wanted to do that, but would do it through her religion, although that appears to have gone out the window."

@beach

"That's rather sad Kusanagi. In any case, I'm sure you can say it's not bad right?"

A Kusanagi appears near Layla

"What are you doing all the way out here?"
Layla looks annoyed, though not at Kusanagi.

"I was waiting for someone, but it seems like he'll be taking his time. Oh well." she floats over behind Kusanagi and grabs onto her sleeve.

"You may take me back if you wish."

@Mexico

"What a peculiar situation. Also, I should mention the odd change in causality that happened some time ago while we're here. That man, Zeskiel. He seemed to disappear as it did. I cut the change to bring him back, but it seems something may yet be about to happen."

She noted to the two present.

@beach

"I suppose so. It's just an odd sensation, to eat."

@Edwellken

"Waiting? That almost makes it sound like you couldn't go back by yourself. Either way, where do you want to go then?"

She inquired, paying no mind to being grabbed like that.

@Edwellken

"Oh, finally?" One of the Lailahs comments, heading over to see what's going on over in that dungeon

@Mexico

"I see, that's ominous to be sure, I guess we should keep an eye out for that."

@Labyrinth

"Oh, by the way, it seems someone cleared on of my dungeons... although it occurs to me I never mentioned what they were even though Kusanagi saw one." She says

"Cleared one of your what."

Kiara stares at Lailah. "Are we talking the kind with treasure, or the sexy kind? Then again treasure is pretty sexy on its own but that's not really what i meant"

Back