• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Movie Discussion Thread

Wouldn't they increase his ap because hes punching with something harder then his fists, like if i shot a rubber bullet at a person vs a metal real one

I mean, I would but uh I wouldn't know what to do lmao. Besides I think someone is making her, they're just taking..forever too

WeeklyBattles said:
This doesnt take the poison that was inside the injector into account so it should actually be higher
I did take that into account, I assumed the poison was similar to lava, and calculated its weight in the "middle section" of my blog.

Spinel has been made to entertain, so her elasticity/body control is heightened and can actually be used in combat unlike other gems who've only shown their bodies can stretch and change size through non-combative situations. Plus, Amethyst's takes a toll on her eventually while Spinel is very casual about it and never seemed to tire.

Should be noted she can also flatten herself like a pancake when she slithered around like a snake in the song.

As for Luffy Vs. Spinel? Pretty sure given the rating we have for the gems, Spinel is getting shattered since Luffy is slightly better than Garnet in every stat and Spinel is faster and around the same strength as Garnet given they weren't pverpowering one another in their rematch until Spinel looked sad and let her guard down. Otherwise they used her body elaaticity against her and that's it.

I mean, didn't Steven incon with Luffy. I'm sure Spinel can pull off a win or incon. Though maybe it was because of bubble and Shield, idk. Though that scythe negates durability so who knows.

I thought scythe was dura negation because it cut through Stevens shield.

Also oof. Maybe a weaker Luffy or something idk

Is the type of equalization that it do not works, isn't like the gems are the only species of the verse, the attack neither work for others that aren't gems. Equalizing would be like, if fighting an organic beings they are affected by those devices, but that would means that gems are also affected by Biological Manipulation.

No it definitely shouldn't gem tech suffers from a case of overspecialization within their own verse, their tech fails on average humans and non gems this is because in verse only gems are really threats to other gems thus their tech reflects this mentality. Its why steven isn't overly effected by gem tech cause he's half human.

We can't claim their tech will suddenly effect organic and non light based constructs simply...Because? That would make their tech more useful? This isn't a case where verse equalization can apply.

edit the problem is in universe its a noted weakness of most of there advance technology, that its meant to affect gems and doesn't have an effect on organic life. The scythe was meant to poof and reset gems it only dampened stevens powers because he is part gem, and it failed in its main function because he's half human

I just saw some clips from the movie and the movie looks good. Spinel is interesting to say the least.

Yeah, toying with the gems is not really an AP justification, her unpredictible nature gave her the advantage in the fight, once the gems were prepared they overpowered her (so I believe she as strong as Pearl or Amethyst). The scythe nor the injector have AP, although its true that altered tye environment, its unknow that the rest of the world would habe that same change, and even if it did, it would be over time.

Shouldn't her LS be Class M since she was able to restrain all of them at once? Both Garnet and Movie Steven have Class M LS.

She's as strong as Garnet. Garnet only got an upper hand because she let her guard down but before that theu were struggling to overpower each other when they wrestled.

She also had to deal with all 3 Gems at once and they merely only used her elasticity against her. She's around Garnet's level IMO

Comments on the Spinel profile:

• The Gem Rejuvinator is another "ignores Gem AP but does literally nothing to normies" weapon. It has no real AP, it's Gem-only hax. If it had AP, it wouldn't have just passed through Steven.
  • The Injector isn't High 6-A. There's absolutely nothing indiciating it would destroy the entire planet, and poisoning all life on the planet isn't exactly an AP feat. What we know of the AP is limited to what we see it do to Beach City.
  • Abilities section should be expanded, Summary should be rewritten to not shamelessly rip off the SU Wiki.

Back