• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Movie Discussion Thread

WeeklyBattles said:
No plot hole, It didnt affect the whole earth because they stopped spinel before it had a chance to
Nothing indicates, really, that the cracks we see would have spread around the planet.

The only threat that is elaborated by Peridot is the threat the poison presents to organic life, no mention of widespread destruction of the surface is brought up.

The cracks are more likely as a result of a combination of the force exerted as the drill punched itself and was punched into Beach City.

So I highly doubt the drill would have done major damage to the entire planet, just the biosphere.

Scans from where? The movie showed on multiple occasions that the cracks were in fact from the injector suddenly slamming into the ground and the sudden push of a large quantity of poison into the ground.

Yes, the poison being pumped into the ground caused the cracks, and would have done so on a global scale if allowed to spread

No, it really wouldn't have. There's a big difference between thousands of gallons of poison being forcefully injected into a single point in a matter of seconds and the poison slowly spreading across the world over a course of nearly 48 hours.

Yes, some areas with weaker ground would be cracked, but no where near as violent as what happened at the movie's climax.

The first time the ground started cracking was because Steven was stupid enough to try and lift the massive injector out of the ground, which, when he failed, caused the massive device to come smashing back into the ground and inject a larger quantity of poison in less time.

And then you have when the rest of the tank was pushed into the ground all at once. That was physically too much poison to be pushed into a small section of ground at once (though the area affected seems way too small anyways, but that's besides the point). It forced the poison to tear the ground apart and literally be send flying out of the ground in large globs of poison. The poison was simply too tightly packed

Pepper14832 said:
How? All the poison was forced into Earth before the final fight. It was empty. Then it blew up.
Checked Steven Universe Movie TV tropes according here Writers Cannot Do Math: At one point, Peridot says that at an injection rate of 5 cubic meters per hour, the Earth has 41 hours before all life is destroyed, which is definitely a few orders of magnitude from adding up.note Granted, the potency of the poison is never specified, but for this to add up, each cubic meter of poison would have to be enough to destroy 2.5 million cubic kilometers of the Earth, assuming a depth of 1 kilometer across the Earth's surface area.

Anyone else feel like movment speed is one of the most useless stats in debates? in most cases I see we just end up equalizing to avoid blitz. Still its a nice clac glad to have it to further upgrade/support their movement speeds.

As someone who debates in threads with stat amps, I can solemnly tell you that speed plays an enormous factor when deciding a victor.

Yeah but that doesn't really account for what I mean, there base speed almost never matters. Stat amps are their own ability that let certain characters bypass the speed equalization, fact remains in most cases a characters speed isn't a factor. Even in those stat amp cases its not the persons original speed that plays a factor...

Isn't it a rule on this site that if speed is equalized, stat amps can't be the main justification that one character would win?

Keyword: mai

If both characters have win cons. speed amping is fair game.

Sorvoe551 said:
Isn't it a rule on this site that if speed is equalized, stat amps can't be the main justification that one character would win?
It actually only applies if the slower of the two characters would end up winning

I would say no, unless you want it in any fight involving Spinel and conclusions like "x could defeat her, but at the end the injector will kill x, so inconclusive".

That's exactly my main argument against it.

That and the fact that AFAIK she has no control at all over the Injecter.

She has complete control over it actually, she is the only one in verse capable of piloting it, activating it, and deactivating it as well as controlling how much poison is injected

Fair point. Though I'll let you guys decide which options is better since I'm not well versed on SU... yet.

Cal Howard also agrees with me and Ovens (can't link rn but you can go see his message wall).

Techincally she use it and can control it, but it do not have a combat purpose, and despite that she can control the frecuency in of the poison infusion, she do not have control how that affect the environment.

I mean. It did whatever that thing was to Greg's arm and it hurt Steven. It did say it would destroy all life on Earth or something. I'm not sure

Since the Injector lacks any actual piloting systems or ways for anyone other than Spinel to control it vocally, is there any objection to the Injector being considered a weapon rather than a vehicle? Asking because Calca is making a stink over it.

WeeklyBattles said:
She has complete control over it actually, she is the only one in verse capable of piloting it, activating it, and deactivating it as well as controlling how much poison is injected
This was your initial argument, giving no context of how the Injecter is and works.

If you're going to stink on me because I don't know about the Injecter's functions then you should explain to me how it works to give me the full picture of the topic. You saying "huh, it works like that because she does this and this" excluding the "because it has this and that function" part of the argument brings more problems than it solves.

It's quite simple, actually. When someone asks me about something OP related I give as much information as possible so they have no doubts.

That is how the injector works, it is not difficult to understand. She controls it, thats literally all there is to know.

Yeah, I concede with that.

Just don't skip the part where it's stated that the Injecter has no piloting system, for example. Otherwise I could think that every pilot could pilot the Injecter with no problem.

Back