• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
The Player (Minecraft) vs Izuku Midoriya

Both 8-C (Mid Game Steve)

Midoriya has access to 5% and 8% One For All.

Steve has a randomized inventory and random armor on. (Excluding Blocks, Decorations, Spawn Eggs and Transportaion Items)

Speed is equalized.

Both start 50m away.

Who wins and why?

Steve: 1

Midoriya: 1

Inconclusive:

Steve image
Izuku Midoriya Costume Beta

If Steve dies this will be an incap pretty quickly.

How does randomized inventory work? Does Steve have to get lucky and get an Instant Death potion to throw at Midoriya and kill him? Please explain because it's vague for me.

Steve has an random inventory of items from mid game. He could get lucky but this is based on who would win the most times out of x amount of fights.

Also if Steve dies his inventory is lost so he will be downgraded down to 9-A. Which most likely will result in an incap.

So can it only be weapons, armour, potions and Regenerationn items or can he be unlucky and get Rotten Flesh as one of the items?

I'll say all items aside from blocks, materials, and decorations are included.

Okay, this will be a very long explanation, so I'll have to explain it all in multiple posts, since VBW won't let me post it without it being too long, so get some popcorn ready and enjoy! xD

Okay, so counting all of the items in Minecraft and Steve's inventory slots and determine whether any of them will be useful or not:

Raw materials and manufactured, plants, dyes, most utilities, decoration and creative and command (for obvious reasons) items are out, so we have food, tools, informational, weapons, armour, vehicles and a few ultility items as well.

We have 39 food items in total, all are useless apart from Golden Ingot Golden Apple and potentially Suspicious Stew, but I'll count that, so 2/39.

We have 9 tool items, 5 of them will be useful (Idk if the Potion will count, since it's kinda late game, but for now, I won't), so 7/44.

We have 8 weapons and 6 of them will be useful if you count Steve having a Bow and an Arrow, but let's just highball it and call it 6, so 13/46.

We have 5 armour with only one of them being useless, which is the Horse Armour, (the Turtle Shell as well, but that's one piece of armour, it's very unlikely, so it's not very consistent to Steve's chances, so I won't count that), so 18/47.

We have 3 vehicles and an Elytra counts as a vehicle?!? Well, Steve's going to love that if this battle takes place rather high up, but I'll definitely include it anyway! xD The rest are useless, so 19/49. Only 7 utility items count and well, they are all useful! Lava Bucket will destroy Midoriya and he can use Water Buckets to slow him down. And the Totem Of Undying... Oh boy, he will love that even more than the Elytra, which will make it his best item to use against Midoriya! xD So that's 26/49.

So let's do some insane Math. So there's 26 useful items 49 useless items, add it together and you get 75 total items. So Steve has a 34.66% chance and well, he has 36 of them, so he will be getting 12 useful items on average. 12.47 to be exact, but if the number you are rounding is followed by 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, round the number up. Example: 38 rounded to the nearest ten is 40 and if the number you are rounding is followed by 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, round the number down. Example: 33 rounded to the nearest ten is 30. 0.47 is less than 0.5, so we can't round it up to 13 to give Steve 13 useful items, because the number rounds down to 12 so he will get 12 useful items.

Steve should get a tiny bit of food, a couple of tools, a few weapons, a lot of armour, a vehicle or two and a few ultility items. This means that with his chances, he should be getting a Water Bucket, a Lava Bucket, a vehicle, a sword and some Fire Charge most likely and a tool and a tiny bit of food.

So in conclusion, this should be how the fight would go:

Midoriya rushes in and uses 8% Detroit Smash against Steve

Steve places a Lava Bucket to where Midoriya is

Midoriya hits Steve and Steve hits Midoriya at the same time

Midoriya gets engulfed by the lava and dies

Steve gets knocked back by Midoriya's attack and says "Sorry, I can tank one hit from an Enderman who is the same tier as you.".

TL;DR: Steve wins because he can kill Midoriya faster than Midoriya can kill Steve.

Voting for Steve.

Madotsuki24 said:
Steve gets knocked out by Midoriya's attack and says "Sorry, I can tank one hit from an Enderman who is the same tier as you.".
but wouldnt knocking steve out just

yknow

knock him out?

Enderman's AP is building level, the same as Midoriya, but Idk the exact number of the building level power... Also, most of Midoriya's fights are him either rushing in to punch someone or using a finger flick as a ranged attack. The only times where he has jumped in the air to attack are for foes who are giant and need to be hit in a certain spot for the best damage, or if the opponent is also in the air and Steve isn't either of those, these characters are in character btw. He probably has done it without enemies like that, but most of the time he hasn't, don't think about what he could do, think about what he would most likely do. Even so, that's exactly why Steve has a Bow and Arrows and a Shield, followed by armour. Midoriya rushing in to punch Steve will end in Midoriya losing and Midoriya finger flicking would allow Steve to tank the blasts from his fingers, since Steve barely takes any damage from a Creeper explosion, even when he is close and the Creeper's AP is also building level! Steve could easily shoot an arrow into Midoriya's throat, making him bleed out in a matter of seconds or he could stab him in the heart with a sword. Steve will be more durable thanks to his Armour and Shield and has more ways of winning with his Bow and Arrows, Sword and Lava Bucket. This means that Midoriya doesn't really have any advantages against Steve and since speed is equalised, he won't be able to be faster and kill Steve before the opposite happens, so Steve will be the more likely one to win so Steve takes this victory.

Being the same tier means nothing, you can still have gaps large enough for a ko. Granted the gap will have to known before concluding how easily you get knocked out

Can Mid-Game steve take a hit from a Iron Golem without dying?

Also Midoriya has access to 5% and 8% but he would start at base

@Mado Midoriya has never started a fight without powering up FC he's also jumped in the air a lot be it against Stain, Gentle, Mirio etc, Deku is also borderline High-8C so in no way does an Enderman or Creeper scale to him also an arrow wouldn't do much Midoriya has dodged attacks while charging people so Deku has the AP and Dura advantage along with the fact that Steve only has some of his useful items sometimes

OH you are right i forgot. Deku starts powered up.

10 (5 hearts for Steve) to 31 (15.5 hearts for Steve) damage on Hard Mode, when Steve is not wearing any armour. Steve should have a good amount of armour given on average how much he will get, so he should definitely be able to tank one hit from an Iron Golem on average.

Andytrenom said:
Being the same tier means nothing, you can still have gaps large enough for a ko. Granted the gap will have to known before concluding how easily you get knocked out
And what are you trying to say from that? Your comment is very vague to me and I've done a hella lot of explanation to why Steve wins, so I don't get how your comment makes a difference right now.

Insert creative name here 12 said:
@Mado Midoriya has never started a fight without powering up FC he's also jumped in the air a lot be it against Stain, Gentle, Mirio etc, Deku is also borderline High-8C so in no way does an Enderman or Creeper scale to him also an arrow wouldn't do much Midoriya has dodged attacks while charging people so Deku has the AP and Dura advantage along with the fact that Steve only has some of his useful items sometimes
Midoriya has the durability advantage? I don't get where you got that from, since Steve should get some good armour. Also, oh, you mean jump as in only jumping a tiny bit in the air, right? Since Ik that he only jumped a tiny bit in the air to land the first attack off on Stain and Mirio, but Idk about Gentle, but it's most likely that he wouldn't jump so high in the air to where he's metres about Steve, looking at Mirio's height, Midoriya isn't even jumping two metres into the air and the lava is over a metre since Steve jumps over a metre by jumping onto one metre blocks every time on his adventure and he can't jump over a fully heightened lava placement (for a lack of a better word), it's basically mandatory, there's no way that Midoriya would be able to react to the lava being so close to him and speed is equalised.

Madotsuki24 said:
10 (5 hearts for Steve) to 31 (15.5 hearts for Steve) damage on Hard Mode, when Steve is not wearing any armour. Steve should have a good amount of armour given on average how much he will get, so he should definitely be able to tank one hit from an Iron Golem on average.
Again it's only a possibility Steve has High-8C armor in multiple scenarios he ends up with much worse durability and gets killed Deku is also far more mobile and less predictable than the opponents Steve usually faces not to mention Deku tends to be passive until he can figure out his opponent and beat them (he says so himself in Deku vs Kacchan 2). The only times he strays from this mindset is if he's on a time limit (Deku vs OH and Deku vs Gentle) or in a situation where he has to save people then and there or is trying to force a retreat from his opponent (Deku vs Stain) tge way the fight would go is Deku uses hit and run tactics on Steve who isn't used to an opponent like Deku after some time Deku figures him out and wins either due to forcing Steve into situations in which he can KO him or exhausting Steve

Please stop lowballing Steve's average chances and durability because you didn't say that he would have worse durability, you said that he would have MUCH worse durability and bad armour which if that's not a lowball, Idk what is. Hit and run tactics will be dangerous since if it's up close then you know, the Lava Bucket and that will be an instant win for Steve, since he can place it around 4-5 metres away or slice Midoriya's throat with a sword, making him bleed to death. If it's projectile attacks he's using, Steve can easily block that with his shield because I'm pretty sure the Creeper explosion is very close to High 8-C as well. Not to mention, every time Midoriya unleashes an attack, it severely hurts him. Steve could wait it out because of that and not to mention Steve passively regenerates health as long as he has at least 9 full hams of hunger at stock.

Madotsuki24 said:
Please stop lowballing Steve's average chances and durability because you didn't say that he would have worse durability, you said that he would have MUCH worse durability and bad armour which if that's not a lowball, Idk what is. Hit and run tactics will be dangerous since if it's up close then you know, the Lava Bucket and that will be an instant win for Steve, since he can place it around 4-5 metres away or slice Midoriya's throat with a sword, making him bleed to death. If it's projectile attacks he's using, Steve can easily block that with his shield because I'm pretty sure the Creeper explosion is very close to High 8-C as well. Not to mention, every time Midoriya unleashes an attack, it severely hurts him. Steve could wait it out because of that and not to mention Steve passively regenerates health as long as he has at least 9 full hams of hunger at stock.

Steve's armor is 8C and Deku is borderline High-8C it's a large difference, 4-5 meters is nothing even when injured and lowballing himself Deku stated he could leap 7 meters with 5%, slice his throat? Really? Deku has fought far more skilled opponents and was even able to get past Stain's guard at one point not to mention like I said hit and run tactics from an opponent who isn't ridiculously predictable is something Steve has never dealt with, the creeper is 8C and even when charged is inferior to Midoriya's AP, Deku doesn't damage himself with his attacks unless it's 100% (I also didn't say anything about Deku playing the range game since OP didn't bring up Air Force and finally when Steve tries to eat to get his hunger back he's wide open to be hit

Madotsuki24 said:
Game Mechanics

Again, he rarely ever leaps that high to opponents like Steve. Most of his battles against humans have had him not do that, think about what the more likely thing he would do that is in character, not the more unlikely but better thing he would do that's not in character. Also, you are using very specific situations for Midoriya to win, like Midoriya hitting him then hoping and successfully running away from him, that is specific and Steve's winning outcomes are not specific and there's more of them.

Midoriya doesn't damage himself with his attacks unless it's 100%? Then how do you explain this, then? Unless this is current and present Midoriya we are using who can use 100% but is only allowed to use 5% and 8% and not past Midoriya where he can still damage himself at that percentage.

Also, I just realised that Potions are a part of Steve's midgame arsenal so that will give him a MUCH more likely chance of Steve getting even more useful items, so he can poison Midoriya with a splash potion, he can use a weakness potion to weaken him and here's the big one: he can use a decay potion to instantly kill Midoriya, in the scene where All Might just defeated Nomu, Shigaraki was running to kill All Might where Midoriya was trying to stop him by running to hit Shigaraki out of the way, but guess what Shigaraki did? He put his hand out and literally attempted to kill him with his hand. Midoriya couldn't react and move out of the way in time. Shigaraki's hand was so close to him and Midoriya would have died if someone didn't shoot at Shigaraki's hand in the next 0.1 seconds because plot armour shenanigans. Guess what Shigaraki's quirk is? DECAY. Steve could do exactly that plus it's a more ranged version, how is Midoriya going to react to that if he couldn't react to Shigaraki doing just that?

And to add to that Steve can can also instantly heal a large portion of himself with splash potion of healing II and also he can instantly increase his strength greatly with a splash potion of strength II.

You gave a specific outcome for Steve (lava bucket) and just as Steve has his win cons Deku has his

Do you mean when he punched Todoroki with his BROKEN fingers

Steve throws a bottle, Deku leaps well over 7 meters out of the way since he's far superior to his injured 5% self who could at bare minimum cover 7 meters in a single jump

Shigaraki scales to Mach 3.3 speeds are you seriously arguing a glass bottle thrown by Steve is more dangerous than a superhuman who can decay you with touch charging at Mach 3?

Finally again when Steve heals himself Midoriya will obviously acknowledge what he's doing and attack and depending on when he closes the distance he could even get healed

Finally Midoriya out skills Steve who fights barely sentient creatures with very predictable patterns while Deku fights opponents who are actually capable of thinking and usually have years of experience over him

Okay, yeah, you are literally avoiding every single point I made and proceed to repeat the exact same points you made that I have debunked previously and do not even know the fact that speed is equalised so Midoriya can't do the things he normally can, so I win I'm afraid, I can tell that you were really trying with this, but you have just made too many mistakes.

Madotsuki24 said:
Okay, yeah, you are literally avoiding every single point I made and proceed to repeat the exact same points you made that I have debunked previously and do not even know the fact that speed is equalised so Midoriya can't do the things he normally can, so I win I'm afraid, I can tell that you were really trying with this, but you have just made too many mistakes.
If you're gonna play this card then it's fine duck the debate I reiterated my points because they're still valid speed equalised doesn't mean Midoriya suddenly can't cover ground faster than Steve the OP also didn't clarify if Steve is even with base Deku, 5% or 8% in speed and lastly you didn't debunk my points Deku out skills, is more mobile and has superior AP and Dura in most cases

Back