• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so both of these guys are hella skillful for what they are. Deku is a kid who spent his time in the sidelines analyzing quirks and their weaknesses. Steve is one of the best wilderness survivalists in the game. Now, let's look at these two.

Deku has an AP of 41.1 tons and has melee and ranged attacks on the fly.
Steve can harm a creature that no-sold its 38.5-ton spawning explosion (the Wither), with the only thing that would canonically be more powerful than Steve being the Warden. Seve has melee attacks on the fly, and with an Infinity I bow, also has ranged attacks on the fly. Steve can hit fireballs from Ghasts, although the game makes it hard to tell whether those are supposed to be hot air bursts (like how normal fireballs are) or lumps of coal (since they share the same design as fire charges).

Mainly pitting Deku against Steve because... Let's face it, anyone else at 8-B from MHA would be skillstomped by Steve! Steve should even be able to take on Midnight just by... Being in the Nether or the End where sleep is basically disallowed unless you want your bed to explode.

And Steve wouldn't be ununsed to Deku's range either; he dealt with Ghasts, which have a range of over a kilometer based off their fireballs' 38 m/s terminal velocity (I checked the wiki's article on entities) and one-minute despawn time. I also should note that the Wither does the same fireball thing as Ghasts, only the fireballs are replaced with skulls.

Anyway... Steve can make use of various potions and splash potions, including (listing the ones that would be most useful for him here)...

Slowness: Slows his opponents down by 15% additive per level, can make use of Slowness I and IV potions
Speed: Increases his own travel speed by 20% additive per level; can make use of Speed I and II
Regeneration: Heals himself over time just like a golden apple. Can make use of Regeneration I and II Golden apples are better, tho.
Healing: Instantly heals up any damage dealt to him.
Strength: Increases his AP by 130% multiplicatively per level; can make use of Strength I and II.
Poison: Duh! Can make use of Poison I and II
Weakness: Reduces his opponent's AP by 20%.
Turtle Master: Slows Steve down, but gives him additional defense and anti-durability negation thanks to the Resistance effect!

He can also enchant equipment. Defensively, these are his best bets.:

Blast Protection: Can level up to IV; as explosions are air bursts and shockwaves, Steve can make use of this to protect himself from Deku's air bursts.
Projectile Protection: Can level up to IV; more likely to defend against air blasts, presumably.
Mending: Useful for passively repairing his armor
Thorns: Can level up to III; his armor will passively damage Deku if Deku attacks him regardless of the type of attack used (I checked!: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Thorns )

Offensively, Steve's best bets are as follows:

Infinity: Unlimited ammunition for bows
Sharpness: Can go up to Sharpness V; increases the AP of his weapons by a set value.

Bear in mind, none of this includes the Beacon.

Basically if you stuff Class 1-A into one person, you get Steve! And Deku thinks a pyromaniac boy with spikey blonde hair is a problem... Pfft! That being said...

1. This is Joint Training Arc 8% Deku against Steve
2. Starting range is 10 meters
3. Speed is equalized because otherwise Steve is getting blitzed to hell and back and I don't think Thorns is stopping a speed blitz.

Here are their profiles:

Deku's Profile
Steve's Profile

Who takes this?

Deku: 0
Steve: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Izuku has analytical prediction. it could be used to predict Steve's attack patterns so that he could attack without getting hit by Steve. other than that. izuku's usual air attacks are useless due to projectile protection and turtle master potion. Steve could most definitely outlast deku by this point in time due to it.

Izuku has analytical prediction. it could be used to predict Steve's attack patterns so that he could attack without getting hit by Steve. other than that. izuku's usual air attacks are useless due to projectile protection and turtle master potion. Steve could most definitely outlast deku by this point in time due to it.
Don't forget Thorns. Steve can have multiple enchantments on gear (hence why Sharpness III Fire Aspect I diamond swords for example). In the Enchanting Mechanics page, there's a sword with four enchantments: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Enchanting_mechanics#Step_two_–_Find_possible_enchantments

Once Steve realizes Izuku is too strong physically he will fly away with his elytra and rockets. He can fly better than Izuku. When he gains distance he can summon the wither, surround himself with lava and drink a lava resistance potion, Splash Izuku with decay, poison or instant damage potions and if all else fails he can resurrect and use his Thorn-enchanted armor at his advantage.

I'm pretty sure Steve would take this he could use supernatural luck, damage boost, summon mobs like a wither, but that would just count as outside help i believe.

Waiting for more input.

Steve can also just...use the speed potion to gain additional speed while using turtle master and kill deku with his bow or sword

Once Steve realizes Izuku is too strong physically he will fly away with his elytra and rockets. He can fly better than Izuku. When he gains distance he can summon the wither, surround himself with lava and drink a lava resistance potion, Splash Izuku with decay, poison or instant damage potions and if all else fails he can resurrect and use his Thorn-enchanted armor at his advantage.
Here's the thing, Deku can't fly in this key.

I don't see how this is fair at all. Steve has projectile protection, which makes Deku's ranged attacks 32% weaker, and has the Turtle potion which makes him invulnerable, which Deku has no answer to. He can also have thorns on his armor, which makes Deku take damage if he attacks Steve.

Steve also has multiple healing options like healing potions, regeneration potions, golden apples, enchanted golden apples which gives him regeneration and extra health. He also has many options of potions like poison, instant harming, invisibility, strength, and speed.

He can also summon the Wither, which can affect Deku with Death manipulation and corrosion inducement and the Wither has Mid level regeneration so Deku would need to crush his head to kill him and the Wither can fly and has good AOE and Deku will need to deal with Steve at the same time.

Even if Deku dominates Steven in CQC, Steven can just switch to flight and range. Deku has range attacks, but with projectile protection it makes it very weak. Even if Steve dies, he can resurrect himself with the totems, and he will come back with extra health and regeneration once more.

Deku has no chance here, I believe this is a stomp.

Back