• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Steve

yang

rules:

speed equalized

Both 8-B (steve with equipment vs post beacon yang)

no knowledge of each other

battle takes place inside the sports festival stadium from MHA

they start 5ft apart from each other

both in-character

Victory is incap only

Note:

If the rules have any bias. feel free to point it out and i'll correct it to make things more fair. (Just in case) (i want to make sure the fight is fair and there isn't any bias to either side)

Yang scales to 8 tons in this key, she is at least twice this with one hit absorbed with her semblance

yang seems to have the Strength and skill advantage. but looking at it that might be all ngl. I think I might be leaning closer to steve.

Yang scales to 8 tons in this key, she is at least twice this with one hit absorbed with her semblance
8-B steve can withstand the explosion of a super-charged creeper which is 21.325685 tons of tnt

his shield can withstand a hit from the wither

which is 38.500956 tons of tnt

now he won't go for a withering potion since this is incap

but he could use a poison potion on her (poisons in minecraft weaken but don't kill enemies, they still bypass durability)

he can also become invisible with a invisibility potion

teleport using enderpearls

if his armor is enchanted with the thorns enchantment then yangs attack damage is getting reflected back to her

use a weakness potion to make yang weaker

slowness to make yang slower

throw a trident at her (if it takes place during a thunderstorm, yang is going to get electrocuted)

Steve could place obsidian blocks down to block yang, has things like the elytra and eyes of ender to help keep away, totem's of undying, golden apples and regeneration potions to help keep him healthy in the fight, can make iron golems to help him, potions to slow yang down or speed him up. better endurance and stamina. I think I might vote him for the moment but don't count me yet.

yeah it only reduces it to one hp

given that on vs wiki it states

Inflicts a poison which can greatly weaken the enemy, although it cannot kill them.
In that case what's stopping him from continuously splashing her with poison then ending with splash harming or something to put her down? His potions can make her weaker, slower, and also buff his own stats to make him faster and stronger.

Steve could place obsidian blocks down to block yang, has things like the elytra and eyes of ender to help keep away, totem's of undying, golden apples and regeneration potions to help keep him healthy in the fight, can make iron golems to help him, potions to slow yang down or speed him up. better endurance and stamina. I think I might vote him for the moment but don't count me yet.
this is an incap match though so no killing

In that case what's stopping him from continuously splashing her with poison then ending with splash harming or something to put her down? His potions can make her weaker, slower, and also buff his own stats to make him faster and stronger.
no killing

this is an incap only match

yang has the lifting strength advantage

Potions can be blocked by a normal wooden shield, pretty sure Yang's borderline magic full body forcefield would protect her from potions

Potions can be blocked by a normal wooden shield, pretty sure Yang's borderline magic full body forcefield would protect her from potions
If they're thrown at you directly, yeah. If they hit the ground or any solid object that isn't a person it turns into an AOE splash, iirc.

splash potions ignore armor and defense though

also i remember that it doesn't have to be tossed directly onto somone

since you can toss a splash potion near someone and they can still be affected by it. they just have to be near the radius of it

If they're thrown at you directly, yeah. If they hit the ground or any solid object that isn't a person it turns into an AOE splash, iirc.
splash potions ignore armor and defense though

also i remember that it doesn't have to be tossed directly onto somone

since you can toss a splash potion near someone and they can still be affected by it. they just have to be near the radius of it
I mean, that's great and all but that's just a weakness of having a shield that only protects in one direction. Yang's forcefield protects her entire body

I mean, that's great and all but that's just a weakness of having a shield that only protects in one direction. Yang's forcefield protects her entire body
yang still has to watch out for thorns enchantment

if she punches 16 tons of damage, thorns transfers that damage back to her. (steve will still get hurt but most of the damage will be transferred back to yang)

if she punches 16 tons of damage, thorns transfers that damage back to her. (steve will still get hurt but most of the damage will be transferred back to yang)
That would just make her stronger in turn as she would be hitting back with 32 tons, then 64, etc. Until she gets to her 100+ tons damage cap

That would just make her stronger in turn as she would be hitting back with 32 tons, then 64, etc. Until she gets to her 100+ tons damage cap
Burn seems to already be active here. can she still absorb power while it's activated?

Does thorns harm the user directly or does defenses help soften the blow?

that said steve resists pretty much most of yangs stuff.

he resists heat and fire. and her explosions are rendered useless via blast protection

Burn seems to already be active here. can she still absorb power while it's activated?

Does thorns harm the user directly or does defenses help soften the blow?
I think thorns harms the user directly.

since it’s just pure damage or something. I don’t play Minecraft anymore so I’m not exactly sure

Also I should remind you that Steve also has access to swiftness potions which amplify his speed. Which comes in handy here since it is speed equalized. It’s going to be hard for yang to land a blow on him since his speed is going to be faster than her’s

he can also heal and regenerate himself

not to mention teleporting himself using enderpearls just in case she tries to hit him

also snipe her with arrows from far away

I just booted up Minecraft to check and the AOE of splash potions can affect through solid blocks (I stood on the other side of a wall and had a dispenser throw instant damage at me).

Eh? Thats... doesnt really make sense, her being 8-B implies shes starting this fight with a significant amount of damage already taken
I forget it’s not just potions

steves arrows can be tipped with poison, slowness, and other status effects

he can just spam arrows at her and maintain his distance

I just booted up Minecraft to check and the AOE of splash potions can affect through solid blocks (I stood on the other side of a wall and had a dispenser throw instant damage at me).
I forget it’s not just potions

steves arrows can be tipped with poison, slowness, and other status effects

he can just spam arrows at her and maintain his distance
Again, none of that will be of use as her aura would just prevent any of it from affecting her

Plus Yang has ranged attacks of her own which are much faster than arrows and which benefit from the power boost of Burn

Saying this because speed is equalized but swiftness potion will allow Steve to be faster than her and hit her a couple of times with a diamond sword and then keep hitting her while avoiding her hits.

little by little the aura gets worn out and then he can splash potion her.

Ngl man this whole match is really weird as its assuming that Yang is starting out fairly hurt and with low aura before the fight even starts

Back