• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I should probably give Steve 1 day of prep then?
What's he gonna do with prep, spawn a wither? Try and create some intricate thing that takes Yang approximately 5 seconds to get tired of and just bypass if she doesn't lead with bypassing it?
Would lingering potions break through Yang's forcefield? They're made with dragon breath, so I don't think they're liquid, more like a gas or something
Gas can make liquids and shit. H2O is literally 2 gasses becoming a liquid.

What's he gonna do with prep, spawn a wither? Try and create some intricate thing that takes Yang approximately 5 seconds to get tired of and just bypass if she doesn't lead with bypassing it?

I was more thinking about creating an end portal

And somehow trapping Yang in the nether if that works

Yeah but the potions behave the same way the actual dragon's breath does, which kinda implies it creates a gas/dragon breath cloud with potion effects

If her shots scale to her own speed (i.e MHS) then they'd also be equalised down to 100m/s.
Which is better then Steve's shots at least, 60 m/s, fodder shit...
I was more thinking about creating an end portal

And somehow trapping Yang in the nether if that works
You know how many ******* EONS it takes to break obsidian? Yang has WAY too much time to just run Steve's fade.
Winning would require Yang to permanently kill Steve which doesn’t work here
Steve can't permanently die anyway you drongo.

Which is better then Steve's shots at least, 60 m/s, fodder shit...

You know how many ******* EONS it takes to break obsidian? Yang has WAY too much time to just run Steve's fade.

Steve can't permanently die anyway you drongo.
Yeah I know he can’t permanently die but if this was a fight to the death then Yang would have to somehow bypass his type 4 immortality which she can’t

Yeah I know he can’t permanently die but if this was a fight to the death then Yang would have to somehow bypass his type 4 immortality which she can’t
Hence why totems of undying are bad since... those ARE simply getting killed lol
Yeah but the potions behave the same way the actual dragon's breath does, which kinda implies it creates a gas/dragon breath cloud with potion effects
Have you seen potion effects on Players? They fly off of them and go up. They don't just drop to the ground. Potions are a shaky liquid.

Hence why totems of undying are bad since... those ARE simply getting killed lol

Have you seen potion effects on Players? They fly off of them and go up. They don't just drop to the ground. Potions are a shaky liquid.
Loyalty enchantment if you were talking about the trident btw

Also I don't know why gas is being brought up at all... it's a force field not a bee keeper outfit.

I mean the lingering potions, they create a cloud effect, liquids just don't behave like that

That could just be game mechanics or something. Kind of like to show the user their under the effect of something.
Remind me what about Minecraft isn't game mechanics again?
Idk much about RWBY, does she not have to breathe with her force field on? You'd assume it would allow gases to touch her, otherwise she'd suffocate

Magic liquids do
It's always on, just roll with it lmfao

And could a magic liquid not float in the air?

Remind me what about Minecraft isn't game mechanics again?

It's always on, just roll with it lmfao

And could a magic liquid not float in the air?
It could, but given that the dragon's breath which is surely a gas (unless the dragon breathes water) behaves the exact same way, it's even the same entity in the game, then it's easy to assume the process to turn a potion into a lingering potion turns it into a gas

It could, but given that the dragon's breath which is surely a gas (unless the dragon breathes water) behaves the exact same way, it's even the same entity in the game, then it's easy to assume the process to turn a potion into a lingering potion turns it into a gas
Lingering_Potion_of_Poison_JE3.png

Does this look like a gas to you? Cause it doesn't look like a gas to me! So that's a solid Boon for my side.

Does this look like a gas to you? Cause it doesn't look like a gas to me! So that's a solid Boon for my side.
It doesn’t have to look like gas for it to be gas.

considering I have seen potions in fiction that have gas not liquid in them.

it could just be gas covering the whole things it just looks weird because of Minecraft’s art style/textures

And keep in mind, this is assuming Steve even THROWS a lingering potion specifically, he's got like a dozen other options and he can only really use a couple before Yang just beats his ass to kingdom come

And keep in mind, this is assuming Steve even THROWS a lingering potion specifically, he's got like a dozen other options and he can only really use a couple before Yang just beats his ass to kingdom come
It also implies that Steve manages to hit her at all and that she doesnt just dodge it or shoot it out of the air before it gets to her

Incorrect, theyd be equalized via being knocked down by 500x, which brings her shot speed down fromm.MHS to hypersonic
Yang's combat speed is 53088.5174291m/s. Steve's combat speed is 100m/s, flat.
53088.5174291 / 100 = 530.88x, call it 531x for siimplicity.

Anything Yang has is going to be nerfed by this factor. What are you talking about. If her shots are as fast as her, they are - in this match - also going to only be 100m/s.

Maybe it is a liquid, but it probably works like a tear gas, where when it explodes it creates a cloud, even in game it's called "areaeffectcloud" and not area effect... liquid?

Show me. Like, specifically.
This is dragons breath

It looks liquid but it’s collected from this

IMG-0652.jpg

that is gas

Maybe it is a liquid, but it probably works like a tear gas, where when it explodes it creates a cloud, even in game it's called "areaeffectcloud" and not area effect... liquid?
Aren't clouds a shaky gas? Like dawg-
This is dragons breath

It looks liquid but it’s collected from this

IMG-0652.jpg

that is gas
Looks like a fire to me, so not exactly gas.

So yeah there are potions in Minecraft that look like liquid but do have gas in them

I’m going to assume that it’s bottled gas or something

Though I did read fire is plasma though

Not cloud in the literal sense- obviously, cloud in the same way people say a "cloud of smoke" or a "cloud of gas"
You realize I was being a pain in the ass just to be a pain in the ass right?

I mean it's arguable to be fire, liquid, or gas, which I was playing into, but Yang already has ways around it, so like, it changes the match from a stomp to decisive quickly lmfao

I mean it's arguable to be fire, liquid, or gas, which I was playing into, but Yang already has ways around it, so like, it changes the match from a stomp to decisive quickly lmfao
So this match is no longer a stomp?

I mean, I don't see it being fire at all- The player doesn't catch on fire when they go through it, fire protection doesn't protect from it, and the death message you get is "died by magic", and I don't really believe it's a liquid like I've said

Altough yeah, to be honest doesn't change much at all, I just wanted to see if my boy Steve had a chance

Back