• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharnoth is hella vague on a lot of things lol.

Jane Doe's. Should also scale to the other Metacritters I believe.

If Metacritters were more stated to be formed out of an equation it'd make shit easy to understand outside of being "fantasies/illusions formed from human thoughts".

Have any scans for "fantasies/illusions formed from human thoughts"? That paired with what you already posted is enough to give Metacritters intangibility.

I could have sworn this was talked about before in the VN but it's really been so long that I just can't remember anymore lol.

It's probably this one I'm trying to remember. This occurs after Bram Stokes death and M explains to Mary about the birth of Metacritters and what happens if a hosts Metacritter dies.

For them being referred to as "Fantasies", M describes the Metacritters as the "only fairy tale left in the world", which I think is where the fantasy part I referred to could be taken as.

Interestingly, a Metacritter in Sharnoth seems to be called as《µÇ¬þò░》which can mean "Mysterious, Monstrosity, Phantom, Spectre, etc." among several possible meanings. The Sharnoth character pages like M, Mary, and Moran's have that in place of Metacritter. The Japanese ver of the WN has that too at some parts, putting that whereas the ENG ver has Metacritter instead.

The first one there seems implicit, Metacritters are born from their users, and when they die the connection is cut and the users mind dies.

2nd one is more workable, since they are called paranormal phenomena. Intangibility for them is cool with me.

You also just reminded me that I should get going on the novel stories of Sona Nyl.

Ironically enough, I'm pretty much spoiling myself on what happens after Sona Nyl yet IDK jack about the VN itself other than theysays that even I have to take with a grain of salt cuz IDK what truly happens lol. But as I told Red this, I'm taking one for the team and so that we have something to read after it anyways.

What will be 100% complete in about a few months time, give or take lol.

I also have more M things to add, namely the supposed Avatar Creation thing (if @wiki is to be trusted on their source citation), another instance of Power Bestowel with giving A Howler in Darkness, and another name he has I found on the Valusia Blog.

Could these perhaps be grounds for Immortality Type 2?

Immortality Type 2 means being able to survive wounds normally lethal to normal people without having to heal. And from what was described here, Moran's bullets only just pierce them but not kill them. The damage she caused to them was busting up their jaw, chest in Kelpie's case, and about three large holes and so on which only caused them pain but they didn't die.

Don't think so, the bullets just penetrated them, nowhere does it say those wounds were normally fatal nor can we assume so, ie their hearts being destroyed.

Edison really suggested Tesla join him watch millions of ppl suffer in his experiment, seeing this though, he clearly has a god complex, fitting since he is a god.

Yup. Before it was only mentioned that Tesla survived the Stregoicaver Tower case and the chronology of Steampunk, the main verse one, states that the "White Man" was spotted there which shows Tesla had something to do with it perhaps.

Here we actually see how and why. Tesla pretty much busted this shit down while trying to kill Edison but...we know that guy is alive. We know he proceeded with his experiment unhindered by anything else, and we know that Edison got yeeted into a Time Prison where he was left to rot there in despair until Lily comes in at the end of her dream walk phase.

When you finish the VN, you'll see how much of a wreck he is and how Lily saw of this man. It's something after having read Gahthun beforehand.

Tesla got yeeted into the time prison you mean. Wonder why Edison didn't just erase Tesla from existence?

I mean i can sort of guess, he is sadistic so he won't be satisfied with just killing someone, he wants them to suffer.

Derp. I just woke up not too long ago so lol.

Imagine if Edison did, but he just pops back into reality xD.

Knowing that Edison/Tick Tock Man is an aspect of Nyar, that most likely was the case. Especially this is Tesla he encountered who Edison in this series actually got electricity to not be approved in the world (and likely Kadath too) so this is just more kicking someone down after they've been beaten to me.

Tesla pops back after being erased by Edison, you mean?

Wasn't Edison the one who invented steam engines, the stuff that's making the sky gray? If electricity was wide spread, the sky wouldn't be that screwed so yea he noped Tesla's electricity so ppl would suffer.

Mid Godly regen Tesla or ress. EZ~

Nah. He didn't start the steam engine process that made the sky gray and oceans...black or polluted? But he did make it worse tho.

Steampunks chronology states that pollution started in 1827, then it got pretty serious in '33 and two years later Edison made it worse than it was already getting.

Yeah. He beat Tesla not just as a Great Scholar, but as a more superior being too.

So Edison took that and made it practical then and in the process screwed the world's sky and oceans when it became widespread.

It's a possibility. There's no known event of what happened between 1690 and 1822 which is the earliest point in Steampunks chronology info.

He DID manifest 1000 years in the past so maybe he got that info, came back and then spread that shit around as his Edison persona.

Real props to Tesla though. If he had that Sword of Siruis thing that could pierce through or cut through Tick Tock Man's power he'd have had a better chance fighting off Edison.

We'll see him again later in the WN, especially since he's around for Lily and for him to get there to Marsielle.

Browsed through YT randomly and found a couple videos from Steampunk's fandisc. Found one that had M and Moran talking about some stuff.

Man was I so freaking stupid that I didn't bother to carefully read through the first few times because this is apparently what Trex talked about when it comes from the fandisc about M and Edison/Tick Tock Man/Moon King.

Full texts here + video link.

If the video link for whatever reason doesn't work on there, I'll post it here.

Very interesting.

How is Mary who lives in London under the effects of something that happened in New York? It says it's super scale suggestion so this seems to imply, that suggestion is on a global scale.

Moran says it doesn't work on her and mentions human thoughts, seems like it only applies to humans. We need more info on what exactly the experiment is.

Edison's body is jet black itself, just like M, so he is also a conceptual existence.

Also seems Edison has been around since at least the ice age.

M and Edison have the same existence, that being conceptual beings i guess, same function, idk what function M plays, same name would be Nyarlothep.

But yea the way it's describe here it's clear they would have the same powers, cause they are the same jet back, just from different skies.

I was confused on wtf was NY being mentioned for lol. I think it's because so it hides what actually happened in NY but I thought that would only refer to the US alone and not the whole world, which we'll learn in full in the VN when it drops.

Yeah. M states that Edison is not a manifestation of his (The Black King), but is that of the Moon King. Although I'm pretty sure I recall Trex and or Fab saying that Edison is a Nyar meat puppet like how Moriarty is for M to walk in human bodies/vessels.

But yeah, he's that and appears so.

IDK what function means either. I thought I would see "having the same powers" but that's covered by Edison being of Jet Black himself so I can't say as to what M is referring to of himself and Edison there.

Aye. Different sky means from different worlds. M is of the Fantasy World or Steampunk World, Edison/Moon King/Tick Tock Man is of the Historical World aka ours. The fact that in the last scene sequence he says "A different Nyarlathotep" helps.

Interesting to think we have some more info to get about Edison, and the VN he appears in is still not even out yet lol.

Edison is omnipresent, his influence is literally everywhere, so even when he hasn't show up as the big bad main villain, we get info on him, though he literally is the big bad main villain of the entire series.

Omnipresence due to Yog Sothoth Time and Space power and can peer(?) into any universe (ex. Karsheel), Creator of Cracking (seems very likely to believe now at this point), Can use the same Jet Black as M (and A) and likely should have the same properties if anything, conceptual being, and is overall big and bad and evil.

All we need at this point is the VN and I think he'll have a page to be made with all the info we got of this guy. Well we still need that so we know about the Yog and Oblivion Golden Eye bits but I think he'll be viable to make by then.

I meant omnipresent figuratively cause he is responsible for basically every bad thing that happens across every series.

But he could be literally omnipresent, who knows.

If we wanted to, we could make a page for him right now, just copy M's, but as you said we need more info about stuff like Yog and Golden Eye.

Oh I thought you were being serious lol.

Aye. But if we do find that Cracking runs off his power, imagine how big the list will be on top of M's powerset.

If we get all cracking runs off his power + M's power set, all we need is some resistances and he will be a pretty powerful character.

A painful reminder that M doesn't have some himself.

Another thing I wanna know about the Oblivion Golden Eye is what makes it so special in comparison to the normal golden eyes. Other than being so gigantic it actually serves as Kadath's Moon and Edison has control of it.

I'm sure there's more to it than just being a giant golden eye.

I guess after the VN is released, you'll also want to read out the rest of the novel stories I got for Post-Sona Nyl before making the profiles I guess?

It might be good to do that since Lily and A likely have more stuff beyond the VN, whatever they might have on there and after (the dream walking thing and the Howler in Darkness power).

It'll definitely be some long reading, I tell ya. Not just the webnovel storyline, but also the Magical Eye of Hypnos, that Engine Dictionary story, some story that mentions A.Z.Z.T in it (maybe info on Outer Gods too perhaps? ;thinking emoji face; ), and another short story I found on the last page of the novel book.

Plenty of content we'll have by then for just Sona Nyl.

We know Lily has immeasurable speed with plot manipulation while dream walking based on the web novel, but we don't know if similar sort of stuff is in the VN.

Profiles can be made, and stuff added later though, can just make the profiles based on the VN and add stuff as they come up.

Fair enough plan.

I'm pretty much postponed or put other stuff to TL on the shelf for later for this since we're getting close to the VN being out. Hopefully by then is when I can get them all out.

Having plenty of content is good, hopefully we get an update to 100% edited at the end of this month.

Forreals.

I actually saw someone made a comment about why it took so long to get where it is compared with Gahkthun. Something have Sakurai's writing style being hard to translate (though compared to another certain series, her style is actually pretty easy to follow), and something about certain portions of the game having voice lines but no text to it which we'll see how and why that's the case.

But yeah, we'll have plenty of content to read once the VN drops and I have the WN, Eye of Hypnos, and other stories to finish up.

Nah, that's Celaphis. This is Mushoku no Ulthar, one of Sakurai's projects that's...most likely dead or silent rn.

It actually makes a cameo of sorts as one of the stories/worlds Lily goes to in the WN, which I think is both awesome and weird for the reason that this isn't even a work Sakurai has even released or if it will ever.

This is the page on Sakurai's "future plans" for Ulthar. And Celaphis is this (and the ending story) that I plan to do after I finish off Sona Nyl.

A couple short stories, some kinda glossary after and some other writing into it.

I mainly got it just to get up on my WAB book collection. There's another one for Ulthar as well but it got out of stock for some odd reason. DK when I'll be able to get it again.

More books to get, but the Sona Nyl stuff's really getting to me in finishing it. Especially on the dream stuff that gets talked about and what it is in the Steampunk verse.

Here's that dream bit thing I once posted about a while back last year.

Thoth Rom (to Lily)

《ÒüìÒü┐Òü«þÑØþªÅÒü½Òü»ÒÇüÕèøÒüîÒüéÒéïÒéôÒüáÒéêÒÇé

ÒüìÒü┐ÒüîÕ╣¥ÕìâÒÇüÕ╣¥õ©çÒü«þ×│Òü½ÒÇüµâ│ÒüäÒü½þÑØþªÅÒüòÒéîÒüƒÒéêÒüåÒü½ÒÇé

ÒüìÒü┐Òü½ÒééÕÉîÒüÿÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒÇé

þë®Þ¬×ÒéƵ©íÒéïÒüîÒüäÒüäÒÇé

õ©ûþòîÒéƵ©íÒéïÒüîÒüäÒüäÒÇé

ÒüòÒüéÒÇüÒüìÒü┐Òü½Òü»ÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒüîÞ¿▒ÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

õ¢òÒéƵêÉÒüÖÒü«ÒééÒüìÒü┐µ¼íþ¼¼ÒüáÒÇé

ÒüƒÒü¿ÒüêÒü░ÒÇüÒüØÒüåÒÇé

þ®║ÚûôÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüªÒÇé

µÖéÚûôÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüªÒÇé

Òü▓Òü¿ÒéèÒÇüµùàÒüùÒüªÚ¡éÒü«Õ»äÒéïÞ¥║Òü©Òü¿µê╗ÒüúÒüƒÒé©ÒâúÒé¼Òâ╝Òü¿Õç║õ╝ÜÒüåÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüºÒüìÒéïÒüáÒéìÒüåÒÇé

Òü▓Òü¿ÒéèÒÇüµ®ƒÚûóÒü«Úâ¢Õ©éÒüºÕ╣╗µâ│Òü«µ«ïµ╗ôÒéÆþï®Òéï《µÄóÕüÁ》ÒéÆÞªïÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüºÒüìÒéïÒüáÒéìÒüåÒÇé

Òü▓Òü¿ÒéèÒÇüµ£¢ÒüíÒéåÒüÅÚøÀÒéÆÞªïÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüéÒéïÒüáÒéìÒüåÒÇé

Òü▓Òü¿ÒéèÒÇüÕÿåÒüìÒü«þ┤àµÂÖÒéÆÞªïÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüéÒéïÒüáÒéìÒüå》

《Your blessing has power.

As if you were blessed by thousands, tens of thousands of eyes.

You can do the same.

Cross the story.

Cross the world.

Go on, you are allowed of anything.

What you do is up to you.

For example, yes.

Beyond space.

Beyond time.

You may meet the Jaguar who has traveled and returned to the soul.

You may meet the《Detective》hunting for remnants of fantasy in the engine city.

You may see the decay of lightning.

You may see the bloody tears of sorrow.》

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back